[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Comic Reprints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DetectiveComics27.jpg (386KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DetectiveComics27.jpg
386KB, 1600x1200px
Why don't Marvel and DC reprint more of their classic issues more consistently? I think they should have a "Classics" series, where they reprint these comics and release a few each month. I would gladly pay for a Detective Comics #27 reprint or a The Incredible Hulk #181.
>>
>>92433190
Trades, back issues and they don't sell.
>>
>>92433237
Really? I would think something like Action Comics 1 or Amazing Fantasy 15 would sell, even normies know about those
>>
>>92433885
They already make lot of versions of them. Marvel has true belivers. But they market down the price.

A reprint series also like marvel tales isn't feasable anymore. According to Brevoort.

Plus too many reprints devalue the back issues.
>>
>>92433190
If they aren't selling back issues and reprint trades, they should have a Netflix like service that has all of these digital classic comics. No gaps, no 'just major arcs', every major issue and then some at a going rate of 10 or 15 dollars a month.
>>
>>92434344
They already do.
>>
>>92434390
Not that I can tell. Marvel Unlimited is full of gaps in various titles and is far, far, far from all-encompassing.

I have no clue what DC offers but, given that I've never seen them advertise it, I imagine it's far worse.
>>
The thing is that DC golden age comics are mostly unreadable crap.
Except for Plastic Man, those are fucking brilliant.
>>
>>92435065
>The thing is that DC golden age comics are mostly unreadable crap.

Golden age Superman, ie. the golden age superhero with the most exposure, is very readable.

>Except for Plastic Man

Golden age Plastic Man wasn't even DC, which makes me suspect you actually haven't spent much time looking into golden age comics.
>>
>>92435331
What is the unreadable stuff form DC that anon was saying??
>>
>>92435425
I've no idea, to be honest, but I'm interested in comics history so maybe I just don't let their dated nature put me off. I've been getting the golden age Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman omnibuses as they come out and enjoying them.

Captain Marvel is probably my favourite golden age hero, but he wasn't a DC character at that time.
>>
>>92435606
Yeah i find golden age stuff good, and in general i prefer DC comics to Marvel, but Marvel was damn good with Kirby all the way trought the end of X-men with Mcfarlen.

Then Marvel fell off for me, even when you have stuff like Waids Daredevil,it underperformed but woah DC gets New 52 and even with fun stuff its not the same, now i read mostly past stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.