[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maleficent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Maleficent-(2014)-149.jpg (888KB, 1800x2571px) Image search: [Google]
Maleficent-(2014)-149.jpg
888KB, 1800x2571px
I liked it. It wasn't some great underappreciated gem or anything, but I cant be mad at this film. It's goofy as hell, but that kinda lends it this weird charm, especially when Angelina Jolie is clearly enjoying herself. Also, maybe it's just me, but the comedy bits were actually pretty funny.

Would've liked to see more army battles, and it's annoying that the other fae creatures didn't really do anything, since they looked so cool and whimsical and shit. Also, why the fuck did they change the names of the three fairies? No movie, I'm not calling them whatever made up crap you named them. They're Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather. Kiss my ass.

Anyway, what did you think of this now 3 year old movie? And how long until someone uses this thread as an excuse to dump lewds of Maleficent?
>>
>>92427635
>why the fuck did they change the names of the three fairies?
I like to think it's to avoid sullying the good names of Flora, Fauna and Merriweather considering what they were reduced to.
>>
>>92427753
Eh, they were always a bunch of bickering ninnies.

If anything, it's Phillip who shafted, since he's only here to continue Disney's subversive streak. Well, I joke, but I actually really liked that bit. It's an important point to make that true love isn't necessarily romantic. I'm sure the shippers missed or ignored that point though.
>>
I liked the wings. And the backstory.

Come at me.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1840x1060px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1840x1060px
>>
>>92428985
>implying Miyamoto is allowed to have an opinion anymore
Nah. But seriously, what didn't you like about it?
>>
>>92427635
I liked it too. It wasn't super, but it was a decent with a lot of really good scenes and a subtle message on historical revisionism that, unfortunately, sailed right past most of the audience. Case in point: almost all of the reviews of the movie always complain about Maleficent being called Maleficent "She's evil! It's in her name! Why are you having her doing good things?!" It's like... the movie literally spells this out for you in the opening and closing narration. This is the truth behind a story that's been told, re-told, passed across countries and through different cultures, changed, tweaked and altered through centuries. The whole point of the film is "what if what you knew wasn't what actually happened?" This common story that everyone "knows" is the example. Maleficent wasn't a word synonymous with evil once, but as the story changed, her name took that meaning.

I also liked the small little touches in the film. Such as when Stephan is crowned and he's looking satsified and happy... then cut to his court and they're looking up at him not with respect, but barely/poorly-concealed amusement at this parentless pauper boy who bamboozled a dying king. Or the scene after Maleficent smashes the siege engines and Stephan strikes his army's commander. The man and the other soldiers glare at Stephan not in surprise, or shock that their king is this out of control, but with contempt and hatred. The only reasons Stephan didn't "accidentally" get a head shorter was probably the threat of the moors and his missing heir. Kill him before she returns, she can make a claim to the throne and you've suddenly got a war of succession. Wait until she comes back, "accident" them both and put a more reasonable person in charge.

>>92428905
I'll stand with you, anon. Winged girls are awesome.
>>
File: qgxj79wxe28jtsrwlcmc.jpg (19KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
qgxj79wxe28jtsrwlcmc.jpg
19KB, 620x470px
>MFW I didn't realize the movie was fanfiction until the end
>MFW Maleficent didn't turn into a dragon
>>
>>92427635
I watched the first 15-20 minutes and it was so bad I had to stop
>>
I think they went too far with the cheekbone prosthetic, and I would have loved to see more fae creature shenanigans, but I liked the movie overall. I'm a sucker for odd fantasy stuff, and I liked the visual designs overall.
>>
File: 2a6.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
2a6.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>One of Disney's biggest baddies rewrritten with a stupid "it's not my fault I'm evil, it's all men's fault" backstory.
Can't wait for the Cruella movie that tries to portray her as sympathetic, despite being a skanky psychopath who want a bunch of puppies skinned alive to make a goddamn coat.
>>
>>92429421
>a pitbull killed my parents, people just need to see how dangerous canines are!
>>
>>92427635
>the evil witch dindu nuffin she's just apoor rape victim

Yeah just fuck off.
>>
>>92429320
They made Stefan into such an ass, and I love it. He's so over the top in sheer douchebaggery. Like when he's too busy making a paranoid rant to see his dying wife. This movie isn't even bad, but it's so easy to laugh at.

And again, the stuff pertaining to True Love was nice. Mal had actually gotten to care about Aurora over the course of the little spaz's life, while Phillip knew her for, what, five minutes? Being made fun of for love at first sight be a real sore spot with Disney.

>>92429357
The opening narration made the retelling aspect pretty clear.

But yes, not turning into a dragon. That was some hard bullshit.
>>
>>92429421
>It wasn't my fault, it was a man
>Oh no, I let my hatred for one man bring harm to a child, what have I become?

Way to miss the point, lad

>>92427983

I appreciated that they didn't entirely shit on Philip. He may have been there for subversion, but it's not like they portrayed him as ill-inentioned or completely inept, and in the end he even shows up again to assure the audience he's a nice guy and is in good terms with Aurora and everyone else.
>>
>>92429576
Aurora clearly likes Phillip, but she only knew him for like five minutes at most. I love this plot point because I called it the instant he showed up. But yeah, the movie is fairly nice to him despite being a thematic device.

Also, the movie seems to try to give Aurora and Phillip personalities, which is natural since they were almost comically bland in the original movie. That's appreciated, though it's a little, I dunno, odd that Aurora is a ditzy spaz. It makes sense given her upbringing, but still.
>>
Mal is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>92429406
I was really hoping that Balthazar guy would do more stuff, like he'd be Maleficent's badass general or something. But nah, he's just kinda there. There really needed to be a second army battle scene, cause that was so fucking cool.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.