[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the religious message at the end at all, assuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: 52489072905724905729.jpg (89KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52489072905724905729.jpg
89KB, 630x1200px
I don't get the religious message at the end at all, assuming that's what it was trying to be. Is it saying to "respect" everyone's beliefs even if they're objectively wrong?

The movie made it seem like the sausage was being a pretentious /r/atheism know-it-all, but that doesn't make any fucking sense when everything he said was objectively correct.
>>
what's the point of rubbing the truth into everyone's faces if it's just plain horrible?
there's no point of saying life is meaningless, you need to get people a reason to live, as the Cera sausage said
>>
>>92423228
What I dont get is why have the message at all. How is their situation comparable to real life when they could physically visit the heaven and see it first hand?
>>
>>92423778
>what's the point of rubbing the truth into everyone's faces if it's just plain horrible?
Enabling delusions or sugar coating the truth is the worst fucking thing you could do. The truth is something you're supposed to deal with and learn from. Running away from reality or the truth just because it's unpleasant is cowardly and ultimately destructive.

>there's no point of saying life is meaningless, you need to get people a reason to live
"Life is meaningless" is not the same as "I have no reason to live." Nihilism doesn't prevent people from wanting something out of life or being happy with it, nor does it try to.
>>
>I learn about religion with a movie called Sausage Party
>it's about food having sex haha
>>
>>92424820
Ignoring Sasuage Party for a moment.

So if you as some fedora faggot crush someone's belief in God and leave them in a state of nihilism and emptiness you take that as a good thing?

See this is why no one likes atheists and would rather see a Muslim president before an open atheist one.
>>
>>92424820
dude it's food they have nothing to learn
>>
>>92424820
If nihilism doesn't prevent people from wanting something out of life then why prevent people who want something out of life in a different way than you?
>>
>>92424820

You're confusing nihilism with accepting absurdity.

Goddamn it you half-cocked wiki skimming "intellectuals" ruin everything.
>>
>>92424934
>if you as some fedora faggot crush someone's belief in God and leave them in a state of nihilism and emptiness you take that as a good thing?
If atheism was an objective and provable truth, then yes.

>>92424955
Because in the case of Sausage Party, their "meaning out of life" was an inevitably horrible death that could be prevented.
>>
>>92424820
>Enabling delusions or sugar coating the truth is the worst fucking thing you could do.

>Hey anon, you have cancer and since you look poor I'm not even gonna float the idea of treating you since you don't even seem like a valuable member of society. My advice would be to kill yourself now and save us all the hassle of hearing you complain
>>
>>92425167
You do understand that it's possible to be candid without being a complete asshole, right?
>>
>>92425216
>atheists
>not complete assholes

good one
>>
>>92424934
>crush someone's belief in God and leave them in a state of nihilism and emptiness you take that as a good thing?

What the fuck even made you bring this retarded line of rhetoric up?

I was one of those people who had his belief crushed and it didn't send me in a state of nihilism and emptiness. All it did was make me slightly more skeptical.
>>
>>92425298
Most modern atheists don't give a fuck about Jesus or cosmology or anything, they just use it as a means of rebelling against authority.

>>92425397
>who had his belief crushed
Do tell me how, I feel like I've gone through every atheist argument a million times.
>>
>>92424934
I like how liberals are seen as a bunch of crybabies ( a lot of them are)

but did people forget right-wing political correctness?

These fucking christfaggots always argue based on fucking emotions like this little faggot over here.
>>
I hated how some reviewers called Sausage Party's message to be profound. A third of Family Guy episodes have the same message. Hell, South Park went ahead and had an "Atheism won't solve the world's problems, and people will just use that instead of religion to start wars" two-parter.
>>
>>92425423
>Do tell me how, I feel like I've gone through every atheist argument a million times.

Funny, I feel the same way with christians. The feels are mutual.
>>
File: helpmejesus.png (362KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
helpmejesus.png
362KB, 500x370px
>>92424934
>So if you as some fedora faggot crush someone's belief in God and leave them in a state of nihilism and emptiness you take that as a good thing?

Different fag, but in my opinion, accepting there is no God does not inherently make life meaningless or insignificant. You had a one in a million chance to become a human being, and you got it, and you're alive. Shouldn't that be enough? Your meaning in life is whatever you want it to be. Just be glad you're here and enjoy it. You shouldn't need a fantasy about a deity-figure to be happy. Hell, half the reason people DO need God is because their parents needed God, and their parents needed God, so on and so forth. When I changed my views on religion, I didn't just become a moping sack of shit. I found purpose through other means, dedicated my life to what I want, and moved on. That's beside the moral issues I had with Christianity, but that's a personal thing.
>>
File: X-Cutie.jpg (103KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
X-Cutie.jpg
103KB, 540x720px
>>92424955
Because in many cases their religious views push them towards destructive behavior. Ignoring facts, arguing against reason and science, and promoting bigoted worldviews. I'm not saying every Christian/Muslim/etc. is inherently bigoted or irrational, but I have met many who ARE irrational, bigoted a-holes. It was a big reason why I left religion behind.
>>
>>92425425
>but did people forget right-wing political correctness?
Bush was president 8 years ago. If you're an 18 year old guy who's just getting into politics now that you're an adult and going into college, you would have been 10 the last time republicans were in power, and more concerned with cooties and pokemon or whatever the fuck 10 year olds do rather then politics. This is part of why the political pendulum is a thing, the angry, energetic, motivated young people who are at the forefront pushing any given new generation of politics simply weren't around for the lessons of the past, and nobody anywhere has ever given half a shit about learning about their history.
>>
This isn't a deep movie, so stop treating it like one.
>>
File: mickeyfreud.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
mickeyfreud.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>92425425
Atheists are considered to be assholes because they're inherently arguing "against" something. It's the same reason people who actively campaign against gay marriage are seen as assholes; the brain processes it in a different way.

>>92425493
>Your meaning in life is whatever you want it to be.
The issue with that is you could say your meaning in life is to behead baby girls with a spoon. There needs to be a form of communal understanding to avoid turning into a total emissary of chaos (which can be good or bad, and is required for change which can lead to either, but I'm going far fucking off topic.)
>>
>>92425898
Nobody is treating it like one.
>>
>>92425493
>Shouldn't that be enough?
No, since there is no purpose or value in anything

>Your meaning in life is whatever you want it to be
That implies there would be "wanting", and there wouldn't be, since there would be no reason. Also, if it was what I wanted it to be, it would be my current situation, so that I would be literally perfectly happy

>Just be glad you're here and enjoy it
Without God there is no good and thus no enjoyment of anything, since tehre is no purpose

>You shouldn't need a fantasy about a deity-figure to be happy
Projection of your insecurities and simplicity of mind

>Hell, half the reason people DO need God is
Projection

> I found purpose through other means
You didn't, you just try to keep your mind occupied to distract you from your now meaningless, purposeless existence

I don't think you are aware of the hole you are in. The illusion you have created will eventually crumbled, and since you rejected any purpose you will then kill yourself, fedora, because you are a simple mind that is even unable to see the simplest contradictions.
>>
File: 1475789711952.png (148KB, 409x573px) Image search: [Google]
1475789711952.png
148KB, 409x573px
>>92425704
>and nobody anywhere has ever given half a shit about learning about their history.

I'm not really sure what the message of your post was, but that last bit was fucking stupid.
>>
>>92425952
>The issue with that is you could say your meaning in life is to behead baby girls with a spoon.

Yeah, but that's just shitty. Being atheist doesn't mean that you trash your morals. Whatever, you're right, we're off topic.
>>
>>92425970
He's going to say some shit about secular humanism even though he's probably never studied it (and is ironically probably also worried about overpopulation which should ideally be the original secular humanist's endgame.)
>>
oh boy it's this thread again
>>
You people watched this movie?

Why?
>>
>>92426008
>that's just shitty
For something to be objectively bad inherently implies something else to be objectively good. What is the locus, then, if it can be neither religion nor "anything"?
>>
>>92423228
YOU WANT SOME VIRGIN OLIVE OIL? DO YOU?

The religious message is: "The thing you're doing for your religion, and the opinion that you have is outdated as hell: stop doing it!"
>>
>>92425970
>Without God there is no good and thus no enjoyment of anything, since tehre is no purpose
Nice misspelling, but your logic is flawed. By your metric, sex doesn't feel good anymore because I don't believe in God. Besides that, you don't need purpose to enjoy something, at least not some higher purpose. What's the higher purpose in watching children's cartoons? Nothing, but I enjoy it.

>That implies there would be "wanting", and there wouldn't be, since there would be no reason. Also, if it was what I wanted it to be, it would be my current situation, so that I would be literally perfectly happy
You're not dissatisfied because God gave you some higher purpose you're not fulfilling. You have psychological needs as a human, that's a scientific fact. I'm not content with my current situation, so I set goals for myself and hope to achieve them. I don't need God to do that.

>Projection
Fuck off with your psych major bullshit.

>You didn't, you just try to keep your mind occupied to distract you from your now meaningless, purposeless existence
Glad to see that within the time you read my post and replied, that you were able to form an intimate connection to me and my values.

>I don't think you are aware of the hole you are in. The illusion you have created will eventually crumbled, and since you rejected any purpose you will then kill yourself, fedora, because you are a simple mind that is even unable to see the simplest contradictions.
Wow, it's incredible how easy it is to see the hypocrisy in your statement. Unable to see even the simplest contradictions? How about how the Bible says you can't eat pork, and condones slavery. Hope you stuck to your teachings pretty strictly, unless of course you did the obvious thing and twisted your religious text to suit your needs because you lack any real discipline.
>>
File: 1475811912755.png (220KB, 283x330px) Image search: [Google]
1475811912755.png
220KB, 283x330px
>>92426060
Our biological needs necessitate us not killing each other, and the only objective "good" is that which we create to propagate our species. Hell, it could be argued that religion is a direct result of our need to survive. But in the end, I believe we as a species have moved beyond that. We have gained sentience, and the ability to criticize and analyze our own complex behaviors. We no longer fight for survival, so we have created art, and science, and technology to facilitate some purpose in our lives. We're capable of assigning our own morals, separate from a God or deity figure. I think this conversation has become too heated. Just do what you want I guess. You yourself are not hurting anybody and that's fine. I disagree with the establishment of religion, and it's embellishment to suit other's needs. I disagree with the hypocrisy, and the hate. And while I could argue all day about personal beliefs, that's personal. I don't know you, you don't know me, and in the end it doesn't matter.
>>
I'm wondering if OP even made a single reply in his own thread, or if this was all a clever troll.
>>
>>92426016
Have you studied history? Or science? Or medicine? Or any of your hobbies/interests? Then I guess you shouldn't talk about it then, going by your logic. I don't need a degree to speak about my personal beliefs.
>>
>>92425952
>Atheists are considered to be assholes because they're inherently arguing "against" something. It's the same reason people who actively campaign against gay marriage are seen as assholes; the brain processes it in a different way.

This...fucking this. I mean for fuck sake this isn't poor atheists being victimized either. If you see Christians who publicly insult Islam and call Jews "Christ-killers" you're going to think they're an asshole. Same going for any other theistic belief.

Then atheists go on and make claims like believing in God is for "weak" or "simple-minded" or "irrational" to use the lightest insults and typically get emotional about it themselves and expect a free pass.
>>
>>92426267
Still doesn't answer my question regarding locus.

>We're capable of assigning our own morals, separate from a God or deity figure
Which implies arbitrary subjectivity, which goes back to the spoon thing.
Lastly, and this addresses only a semi-related note which often accompanies this mindset the mind is separate from the brain in that it is able to partially-grasp the unknowable. It is able to see chaos and attempt to bring things forth from it. It is able to recognize that abstract concepts have meaning.
>>
>>92423228
That specific interaction is not supposed to be a message, it's a sociological observation: People don't like to listen to you if you're being a dick, even if you have totally valid grounds to act like a dick.
Everyone ultimately agrees that what Seth sausage preaches is the truth, but there is a failing on the delivery of the message which causes initial rejection. I do agree, however, that this aspect of the story highlights the false equivalency drawn in a world where religion is actively falsifiable.
Sort of detracts from the message.
>>
>>92423228
Like Zootopia the analogies of the issue they're trying to tackle aren't 100% similar, or logical. Yet it's still probably presented better than most movies that might touch on the subject.
I suppose there's the fact that it's probably geared toward the religious audience that assume atheists are all militant pretentious jackasses out to seduce children into becoming gay and shit or something so it's the movie tries to say, yes the hot dog is not great at communicating the point, but he's still right, or something.
>>
>>92423228
The moral was 'without belief in a God to keep them moral, people descend into degeneracy nearly instantaneously.'
>>
What the fuck was even the Rogen sausage's reason to tell everyone about the truth if he has been told that life before, when everyone knew the truth, was absolutely terrible
>>
>>92423228
>I don't get the religious message at the end at all
the gods are dead fuck everyone theres literally nothing wrong with being a whore or a drug addict because it feels good, there are no rules and no consequences for anything.
It's Jewish propaganda at its finest
>>
>Sausage Party is DEEP and INTELLECHUL
Never change, murrica.
>>
File: Delete This.jpg (16KB, 346x305px) Image search: [Google]
Delete This.jpg
16KB, 346x305px
>>92427932
>Never change, murrica.
>>
File: 1475812117728.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1475812117728.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>92426494
I'm not really sure what you're getting at? I think it's just worded strange. Are you implying that we have a sixth sense or...??? My answer as to what brings forth morals is biological necessity. Every moral belief stems from our need to propagate the species.
>>
>>92425572
>that pic
Why is Tumblr nose a thing?
>>
>>92428469
because proper shading is hard and this is an established albeit shitty style that works around it.

it exists and it's easy so people copy it
>>
>>92428505
just draw two holes in the middle of the face. boom, there's your nose
>>
>>92428584
that looks just as bad as tumblr nose just in a different way
personally I prefer outlining the top of one side of the nose and the bottom of the other side depending on the angle of the drawing
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 540x174px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 540x174px
>>92428647
I'm also a shit artist
>>
File: 1490835191910.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1490835191910.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>92425167
Wait. This is bad how?
The doctor didn't give me cancer did he? Whether or not he's nice or cruel doesn't stop me having cancer.
And it's true, I'd definitely be unable to afford treatment so why give me false hope? I'd settle for legit alternatives but why dilly dally on facetious virtue signaling when what I would need at that moment is cold hard truth?
>My advice would be to kill yourself now and save us all the hassle of hearing you complain
And this, first I wouldn't be complaining, I mean, this shit wasn't malpractice, I have cancer, period full stop. What would throwing a tantrum over hurt feefees do? If anything hearing the guy tell me to kill myself to save him the hassle would just spur me to cling to life out of fucking spite. So tell me again, how is it telling it like it is is bad?
>>
>>92428709
middle one looks best
>>
>>92428758
No it doesn't. you're biased.
>>
>>92428786
better than a literal potato or a jew nose
>>
>>92428884
not if the character is jewish
which he is
>>
>>92426074
>"The thing you're doing for your religion, and the opinion that you have is outdated as hell: stop doing it!"
So a [Current Year] argument?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.