[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT small things that bother you about comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170516_011111.jpg (512KB, 1246x738px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_011111.jpg
512KB, 1246x738px
ITT small things that bother you about comics. I'll go first, I hate it when to show a character isn't speaking they just do a speech bubble with elipses. It is so fucking stupid, it's unnecessary. It looks much stronger with no speech bubble and just the character. Waste of space and detracts from the moment.
>>
>>92416508
You know that feeling? Like you know, that weird cloggy feeling you get, almost like when you accidentally snort back water in the shower, but like, when a dude cums inside your nose?

Like when you have your boyfriend nosefucking you, like you're giving him a nosejobby you know? Like that cloggy feeling?

I just wonder sometimes how many people get their sinuses clogged with spunk, you know man squirts. The sperm. It makes me go into shock and im unable to breath, a bit goes into my lungs, a little drips out of my mouth, but that little touch of death from the juice of life really makes you feel alive, you know?
>>
>>92416508
speaking of speech bubbles,
I hate it when people are fighting in a comic and are having a conversation the whole time.
I know most comic book writers have probably never been in a fight before, but no one talks!
The only people that should be talking during a fight are Spiderman and Deadpool.
Everyone else should be too busy concentrating/physically engaged to quip at each other
>>
>>92416801
Yah but if they didn't then you'd have like multiple pages straight of no dialogue.
>>
>>92416508
It conveys more of a moment of apprehension more than a blank panel of their face might.
>>
>>92416582
this desu
>>
File: timthumb.php.jpg (79KB, 588x308px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
79KB, 588x308px
>>92417173

Nah man, nah. Comics like Hellboy do it right by keeping the amount of speech consistent with the action in the panel.
>>
>>92416508
>Those eyes
>Her jaw
Who ok'd this
>>
>>92416801
In real fights dudes just try to headlock each other for 25 seconds until one of them falls over. Optionally a bunch of other dudes kick the loser in the head until he forgets how to control his eyeballs at the same time as not shitting himself.
>>
>>92417173
Yeah that's the idea sometimes.
>>
>>92417173
good!
that's what a fight should look like!
if you can't stand having no words on a page, give the characters inner dialogue or a 3rd person narative
>>
>>92416582
/thread
>>
>>92417276
>DAMN!

Of course Hellboy does it right, it's Hellboy
>>
>>92416582
fpbp yet again
>>
>>92417227
This, plus on the matter of the duration of the moment it better conveys time passing during the silence.
The single pane with nothing in it might seem to some like an instant instead of a good couple of seconds of intentional awkward silence.
>>
>>92416801
It's much worse when they're having like an internal monologue. So fucking annoying. Something that really started in the early 2000's and has gotten out of hand.

Part of it may be because they have to dedicate like seven pages to a fight because each page is three goddamn boxes in "widescreen".

Part of it is probably because so many do the "Marvel Method" of giving the artist a script, the artist drawing the issue, and then the writer going back over it and adding more words everywhere.
>>
>>92416508
When there are ads in the middle of a pivotal point in the story
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.