[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this still alive? It's barely a corpse at this point.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: south_park_season_14.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
south_park_season_14.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Why is this still alive?

It's barely a corpse at this point.
>>
but it's quotable and """RELEVANT""" anon.
>>
It's Comedy Central's biggest cash cow, why kill what gives you golden eggs and still gets higher ratings in each season?
>>
>>92397150
South Park is doing OK at the moment in my opinion. The real problem is The Simpsons and Family Guy. Those two don't make me crack a single smile anymore.
>>
>>92397150

It's cheap (supposedly under 250k an episode) and quick to produce (7 days per episode roughly).

Plus it's syndicated in a lot of places and the merchandise still sells covering the costs.
>>
>>92397150
It's still funny at times. Not as good as it used to be but it still has some golden moments. Don't take anything it says seriously and you'll be ok.
>>
>>92397150
They just need to ditch the serialization, or at least keep it like Season 18/19 where each episode still had its own central plot with some small plot threads here and there. Season 20 was so drawn out with how it focused on what felt like the same 3 jokes
>>
>>92397150
>Why is this still alive?
Because Matt and Trey want it to be and Comedy Central continues to pay them accordingly. The moment the show stops making money for them or they get bored of it, it will end.
>>
>>92397150
Because edgy libertarian kids need a cartoon to pander to them.
>>
Doing way better than FOX or FX shows, imo.
>>
>>92397805
Edgy Libertarian kids are fucking extinct or have devolved into edgy libertarian middle aged men.
>>
South Park is still fine. The recent season wasn't the best ever, but the show can still get a laugh, & I don't think it's gotten as bad as Simpsons or Family Guy.
>>
>>92397322
I haven't seen South Park merchandise in over a decade.
>>
If each episode is made in order the week prior to airing, how are there clips from future episodes in the season's theme song.
>>
>>92399670
>What is the Stick of Truth
>>
>>92400993
a 2014 role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment in collaboration with South Park Digital Studios, and published by Ubisoft. Based on the American adult animated television series South Park, The Stick of Truth follows The New Kid, who has moved to the eponymous town and becomes involved in an epic role-play fantasy war involving humans, wizards, and elves, who are fighting for control of the all-powerful Stick of Truth. Their game quickly escalates out of control, bringing them into conflict with aliens, Nazi zombies, and gnomes, threatening the entire town with destruction.
>>
This show started a decline around the same time the ending credits were shortened for a clip replay, and the decline started getting quicker around the time they made it visually more detailed and with CGI and backgrounds that seemed almost like any other series. The series then took a huge hit as the political aspect became the main push in the series.

Luckily at least Trey and Matt said Season 21 will be less political and serialized. Citing they fucked up with this recent season, and that making fun of Trump would be useless due to, in this instance, reality being stranger than fiction.
>>
>>92400993
A game and not by any means merchandise.
>>
>>92397150
Comedy Central made it into their own Simpsons.

And it basically is. It was a cheap cartoon that turned a third rate nothing channel into a major media outlet single handedly. And now they refuse to let it die, it will just keep on going until it is just not even mildly entertaining any more.
>>
>>92403103
2 full length videogames of South Park don't count as merchandise of said intellectual property
>>
>>92405457
Correct.
>>
>>92405744
Are you stupid? Call it as you want. The games wouldn't be a thing if the brand wasn't worth anything. And that's the point of the post.
>>
>>92406276
So the South Park movie also counts as merchandise for you?
>>
>>92406589
The DVD ,sure.
>>
File: 1469138369054.jpg (10KB, 199x257px) Image search: [Google]
1469138369054.jpg
10KB, 199x257px
>>92406707
Whatever floats your boat then I guess.
>>
>>92397976

I'd say this recent season has been the worst. I got some laughs at the first few episodes, but watching the remainder was tedious and a bore.
>>
>>92406923
>this recent season has been the best
ftfy
>>
Where the fuck is Kenny??
>>
>>92409376
They killed him.
>>
>>92397150
I don't care how shitty it gets, I'm not leaving /co/ until 4chan gets shut down.
>>
Matt and trey are bored with the formula they have now. But they are also a bunch of chuclefucks who clearly can't write a fucking story to save their lives.

Fractured but whole got delayed three fucking times, and now it's release date is "sometime this year or next year spring. And the same shit happened at THQ, two different companies, having the same problem. Hmmmm I think I know who the cause of it is.

So basically Matt and trey killed THQ because they couldn't just be content with the plot they made and kept changing it every 5 fucking minutes.
>>
>>92397150
I loved the last season. It was intense and hilarious. Something that I was missing since Gravity Falls went off the air. It became an excellent cartoon dramedy, even though the finale wasn't exactly handled perfectly. I'm interested to where they go in season 21. It's definitely my favorite adult cartoon at the moment.
>>
>>92397150
I only really had a problem with the most recent season. That was turrible.

The one before that with the ads and PC Principal was fucking great
>>
>>92397150
The last one was Hillary's propaganda piece.
Southpark is a sellout now.
Colbert is a sellout.
Even Conan is a sellout.
>>
>>92410618
Both Conan and Colbert were always Democrat. Quite transparently too.
>>
>>92406923
The biggest problem of last season was how it must the mark, it created a domino effect of every episode trying to fix itself thus weakening the comedy/ build-up. First 5 episodes were still good.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 960x540px
>>92397150

Will we ever see him again?
>>
The first half of last season was pretty good. It was just that the main arc relied on Hillary winning, so Garrison would realize the errors of his ways, and the Member Berries would fuck off. But Hillary lost, so Trey and Matt had to scramble and ended up fucking up half the plots to that season.
>>
>>92411233

Yeah, as I said, the first few were good to okay. They really need to ditch the overarching plots and just stick to the episodic format.
>>
I liked the overarching seasons because it let Trey and Matt refresh the show after diminishing returns from all the standalone episodes. Like The Hobbit or the NSA episode.
>>
I still watch and enjoy every episode, I've been trying to find episodes I haven't seen in awhile to pass the time.

Every non-Season 19 and 20 episode is pretty good, from memory at least, most of 19 is enjoyable, and there's some slight entertainment in 20.
>>
>>92397150
I kinda agree. I think they should just do a South Park movie once a year or every two years. If they didnt cut it down to only 10 episodes a year it would be really bad. I havent watched season 20 but some of the recent episodes from 18/19 were decent.
>>
>>92411455
I think they should do both. Have 7 stand alone episodes and a 3 part trilogy a year.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.