[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanos is scary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5917.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5917.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Thanos is scary
>>
>>92396781
>Drax the fuck nugget
>>
>>92396781
As someone who hasn't read much Thanos material, he seems to me like someone who's the parallel of Darkseid. While Darkseid's more the embodiment of evil (Darkseid is), Thanos is at the opposite end of the scale, with him holding more human desires and intentions.
I think those are both pretty interesting and intimidating villain traits.
>>
>>92397111
thanos just wants to bone death

also nice trips
>>
>>92397111
the only thing they have in common is their build, Darkseid is a schemer, he's more like Dr. Doom, Thanos is a child throwing a temper tantrum he's exactly like Superboy Prime
>>
>>92397149
To bad she'd rather fuck Deadpool.
>>
>>92396781
It was very nice of him to dress up the wounds
>>
>>92396781
Why is Thanos so small?
>>
>>92396781
>The part in Thanos Rising where he would drag dead bodies into his quarters and his crew would hear him pleading with the corpse, asking it to love him

That was a spooky fucking scene. Thanos is scary.
>>
>>92397111
thanos has a kickass thanoscopter

checkmate darkseid
>>
>>92397338
I'm sure if he was closer, he'd be much larger
>>
>>92397111
Nigga what?
>>
>>92396781
How will he play the sax now?
>>
>>92397464
Anyone have this?
>>
File: 3864771-8623557320-darks.jpg (366KB, 1988x843px) Image search: [Google]
3864771-8623557320-darks.jpg
366KB, 1988x843px
>>92396781
A MERE PRETENDER PLAYING AT GODHOOD.
>>
>>92396781
Wonder if this will happen in Infinity War
>>
>>92397178

Holy crap. You are an idiot.

Thanos and Darkseid are both top-level schemers with tremendous personal power. But, as Kieron Gillen described, they are opposites in that regard: Darkseid is cold-hearted, distant, while Thanos is passionate and hands-on.

He pointed out their difference in stance: When Darkseid stands, he typically folds his hands behind his back. He prefers to have others do his work, he issues commands and they are carried out. He is the god of tyranny.
Thanos typically has his hands out a little, even when he is standing still. To grasp, to punch, to hold... or, ideally, to hug Death. He usually acts himself, because it's not very romantic to have someone else perform your quests to impress your girlfriend.

Of course, of late, talentless idiots have written Thanos like a spastic freak. But that is not his core characterization.

The comparison with Superboy Prime is completely absurd regardless.
>>
>>92398331

He once fucked every god in the universe up the ass. And even imprisoned the embodiment of the universe itself.

Even if we disregard 'The End', he's not a pretender - he's not impressed enough by gods to want to pretend to be like them.

>>92398402

Well, yeah. Drax isn't a cosmic being anymore, just a disgruntled miner.

Was he a miner?
>>
>>92398487

"I know my destiny now."

In 'Annihilation' he became deadlier the closer he came to Thanos.
>>
>>92397183
embodiment of cuck
>>
>>92398487
>"being created from the soul of a man murdered by Thanos to destroy Thanos"

Not sure it will work since if he is human and Ronan killed his family under Thanos, Ronan would have been on Earth. Unless Human Drax and family was kidnapped by aliens beforehand.
>>
>>92396781
This looks like the start of an hentai.
>>
>>92397178
You forget Thanos had to trick death into letting him collect the gems. No tantrum about that. Darkseid is the guy who won't let up on a math problem he already knows is flawed
>>
>>92398487
Making Drax an alien was a let down because it downplays his entire role as a character.

A being created to be the Anti-Thanos, even if they disregard all the Authur Douglas stuff, is more interesting than "haha he's from an asspie alien species"
>>
>>92397111
Sounds right to me.
>>
>>92397111
Darkseid's ultimate goal is to be one with everything and have it all under his rule.

Thanos just wants everything dead and to impress death. He'll become God if he thinks it'll win him Death's approval.
Thanos has always been very hands on. He'll scheme and plot and play chess but all the while he's getting his hands dirty. That's why the Black Order always seemed weird to me. At best Thanos would have a small group of underlings he'd use temporarily not some cult of heralds.

As opposed to Darkseid who is a tyrannical monarch of a whole planet and has a whole cast of mini-boss henchmen and parademon mooks.
>>
>>92396781
Oh come on. Nobody wakes up to that situation and says that. They just scream in realization. He should've just said, "AAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
>>
>>92397178
Read Thanos Quest. And after that say that he is not schemer
>>
>>92399232

>>92399232

Having a character made to kill Thanos magically created out of a desire to kill Thanos isn't really a natural character, though.
>>
>>92400156
Making him out of the spirit of someone already pissed off at Thanos is what makes it work.

Drax being able to be killed and reincarnate with is also a neat gimmick. He a force of nature designed to murder the fuck out of Thanos. They cast away that potential narrative thrust just so they could have an oafish barbarian on the team.
>>
>>92400001
The Elders are all retards.
>>
>>92400351

It's just that Drax being a literally unstoppable vengeful spirit made just to kill Thanos makes Thanos' death seem inevitable.
>>
>>92396781

How did this playout
>>
>>92401278
Which isn't a problem with MCU villains, with the exception of Loki they all have a one or two movie lifespans.

Also it's not inconceivable for Thanos to have people wanting to murder him, Nebula is already one of them.
>>
>>92397111
except for the design, Thanos is actually METRON.
If Metron would give a fuck about anything except MOAR KNOWLEDGE, that's it.
>>
>>92400351
"Oh, yeah, I was killed by Thanos alongside my family but the Master Computer of Titan[or another plot device] resurrected and remade me so I could kill Thanos. Did I forget to tell you?"

Resolved. It's even in-character for Movie Drax to forget something everybody else would think important.
>>
>>92400351
>I've never read Starlin Thanos

Drax was always a fucking joke of an oaf. Killing Thanos that one time in Annihilation is the only noteworthy thing he's ever done. And that was a fucking cheap shot while Thanos was busy with more important shit. When they clashed again in Thanos Imperative Thanos rekt the fuck out of him.

This "Drax is an unstoppable badass" meme has really got to die.
>>
>>92397581
For you
>>
>>92407475
>>Drax was always a fucking joke of an oaf.
no, he wasn't.
He started as, basically, Space Green Superman.

He turned into a moron later.
>>
>>92407528
I'm well aware of this, but the running joke was always that for all his efforts he always failed in his purpose. Thanos always considered Drax beneath him.
>>
>>92397111
Darkseid's main motivation is ruling everything while Thanos just wants to impress death and occassionally entertain himself when he's bored.
>>
>>92397338
He chose to be wide.
>>
>>92397183
Explain this? Why?
>>
>>92397581
That's how eyesight works you stupid neckbeard.
>>
>>92396781
Source? That's quite a classic-looking Thanos
>>
>>92408660
The Guardians mini Starlin is writing.
>>
>>92397338
Art mistake, the rock behind Drax should come down in front of Thanos' left leg a bit
>>
>>92397489
i think you meant to say that the NYPD has a kickass thanoscopter
>>
OK I'm just reading this issue.

Is it just me or did Starlin went full-fetish with this one?
>>
>>92396781
whats the most fucked up thing Thanos has done?
Whats the most fucked up thing Darkseid has done?
>>
>>92408873
Wasn't it out next week? i did miss the storytime?

>>92409130
>whats the most fucked up thing Thanos has done?
Killed the universe

>>92409130
>Whats the most fucked up thing Darkseid has done?
ruined a perfectly fine chair
>>
>>92399702

I think my reaction would be more along the lines of saying "fuck" and then starting to cry.
>>
>>92397178

He is a schemer but ultimately they always make him defeat himself so all stories end up being based upon some immature internal conflict.

Which makes him kind of like super boy prime.
>>
>>92409639
mother entropy is releasing weekly
>>
Thanos as a character is retarded. Dude got the gauntlet and all the gems and some how the nigga still lost. There is no way one can fuck that up.
>>
>>92398331
Haha darkseid is idiot trash surrounded by his idiot trash children and sycophants who betray him.

Darkseid Is: failure personified
>>
>>92398126
I couldn't find the page I was looking for, but here's one. In the previous panel he tells this guy to go into his captains chamber to ask Lady Death if he has killed enough for her.

I could have sworn there was a panel that alluded to him sleeping with dead bodies and his crew hearing him talk to them.
>>
>>92415396
forgot image
>>
>>92413378
Not in Marvel. There is ALWAYS some arbitrary thing that is more powerful/can reverse time/can change reality. No matter how powerful your power seems, there is a little word play or some dirty trick that can take you out.
>>
Anyone wanna help me with my project. The idea is recreate my schools logo (a Scorpion) so that it has a bunch of hidden memes and the school will use it as the logo. If I win I will submit it with the name, Mike Rotch.
>>
>>92408082
I think it's because Deadpool fascinates her. He can't die, so it makes him desirable in a "I can't have it but I want it" way.

Deadpool returns the feelings because he's freaky like that and honestly would just take anybody that would willingly admit to loving him.
>>
>>92396781
LOST your ABILITY to MAIM...

why do comics bold random words all the time
>>
>>92415645
What school?
>>
>>92397338
Pym particles.
>>
>>92398464
>was he a miner?
Up until the age of 18.
>>
>>92399702
They took my squeezing arm!
>>
File: help helper.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
help helper.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>92396781
who is the giant green lady?
>>
>>92407593
Thanos considers everyone beneath him. He's even talked down to Galactus.
>>
File: .png (182KB, 406x344px) Image search: [Google]
.png
182KB, 406x344px
>>92416367
>frogposter cant google
>>
>>92416502
oh that cleared everything up
>>
This comic was full of fetish fuel

>Amputee
>pregnant cosmic entity
>Fat alien woman tickling the feet of Pip locked up
>Loli Gamora
>body swapping

wew
>>
>>92413378
that's the whole point of the character.
Thanos is named after 'thanatos(death drive)'
He's supposed to be heading straight to destruction
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.