[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the Bus Stop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5866.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5866.png
1MB, 1366x768px
...Was this scene supposed to be funny?
I mean yeah, haha, there's a grown man in his underwear, but this scene always made me unbelievably sad as a kid. I felt so bad for this poor guy, Arnold was such a dick.

I guess "conflicting emotions: the thread" if there are any other examples you guys have.
>>
You're SUPPOSED to feel bad for him, Anon. What makes you think you're supposed to laugh at the poor guy? It was to show Arnold's taken things too far.
>>
>>92396225
pretty sure it was meant to be sad/pathetic while still being a little bit funny. ever heard of dark comedy?
>>
>>92396225
Why the hell else would they make his clothes rip off? Arnold should have given him a black eye or something if they wanted that tone.
>>
Oh look, another thread involving confusion about basic human emotions.
>>
>>92396316
what do you expect from a board filled with autists

it's a weird part of 4chan culture where people make threads like "TELL ME HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL ABOUT THIS"
>>
>>92396272
This, karate isn't about stripping people.
>>
>>92396225
it's pretty hot though that dude is THICC
>>
>>92396225
>>92396247
it wasn't supposed to be funny at all. you're supposed to feel bad for the guy and 2nd hand guilt over arnold's decision. thats why the message of humility and mindfulness is so potent because this scene elicits an extremely powerful empathy and really makes you understand abuse of power
>>
>>92396396
the underwear showing and the overall pathetic nature of the scene was intended to keep the viewer from feeling TOO bad, which is dark comedy. finding something funny in a dark situation. i also think they wanted to avoid showing actual violence so they showed the dude's clothes ripping rather than some kind of injury.
>>
File: 1357181826607.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1357181826607.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>92396474
maybe. i think your right about violence but i never felt any humor from that part, and thats subjective i know but seeing this grown man reduced to just a naked, crying puddle now forced to wander the streets at night alone and being treated that way just made me feel so damn sad anon.... i'm making myself feel sad now by talking about it
>>
>>92396626
You may be a pussy
>>
>>92396225
Haven't seen this ep. Which is it? Worth a watch?

Also I think Spongebob had a similar ep where Squidward learns karate. Wonder if it was inspired by this.
>>
>>92396686
It'll only take you 11 minutes to watch
>>
>>92396225
I'm still wondering how a bunch of chops and punches that didn't even seem to hurt the guy managed to shred his clothes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.