[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

given that the X-Men movie continuity is fucked, should they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Theron_Frost.png (938KB, 956x600px) Image search: [Google]
Theron_Frost.png
938KB, 956x600px
given that the X-Men movie continuity is fucked, should they just bring back Emma Frost? Killing her off screen between First Class and DOFP seemed like such a waste.
>>
>>92394636
>given that the X-Men movie continuity is fucked, should they just bring back Emma Frost?

Nah. Yeah, it's shitty the killed her offscreen, but they still made it terribly obvious that she is dead.

Also, I don't think Theron would be a good choice. She's a good actress, but she doesn't have the rack for Frost.
>>
>>92394709
>but they still made it terribly obvious that she is dead

I doubt general audiences would remember. Like how they forgot Charles died in X3 but came back, how Angel is in the 80s instead of the present like in X3, or how Emma Frost is in both First Class and Origins, etc…

My point is that the X-Men films seem to do whatever, whenever - might as well bring her back.

As for casting, yeah there are likely better choices in regards to a couple physical attributes, but I think Theron could pull off Emma's personality well.
>>
>>92395069
>Like how they forgot Charles died in X3 but came back

My only gripe with that is how they didn't explain how he retained his powers. As far as we know, he put his mind in a regular human.

>how Angel is in the 80s instead of the present like in X3

There was nothing wrong with Angel as he was presented in Apocalypse. He was clearly in the same age group as Storm, Scott and Jean in X-men 3 so it was fine for them to use him is Apoc.

>My point is that the X-Men films seem to do whatever, whenever - might as well bring her back.
Not as much as before. On the whole, I'd say there's a fair amount of consistency in the last 3 movies than the rest of the franchise. I don't think they're gonna go as much fuckall as the last time.

>but I think Theron could pull off Emma's personality well.
Oh yeah, absolutely. She's got the chops for it. Just not the body.
>>
>>92395405
>I don't think they're gonna go as much fuckall as the last time.

One can hope aha but that being said Logan did conflict with the end of DOFP (i.e. no new mutants for 25 years in Logan, but we see young student in the ending of DOFP - which is set only a few years before when Logan is set). But maybe Logan just exists in its own timeline.

Oh well
>>
>>92395544
>But maybe Logan just exists in its own timeline.

I'm fairly certain the director of Logan confirmed that it does.

Deadpool is a bit ambiguous though. And it's been theorized that they might intentionally keep it that was just to fuck with X-men fans.
>>
>>92395544
Or Logan could be the end of another timeline.

The X movies aren't quite as bad with timelines as the comics are yet, but they're getting there.
>>
>>92395544
In the Logan timeline, the other X-Men films are films in-universe.
>>
>>92394636
You just want to see Theron cosplaing Frost.
>>
>>92395069
>I doubt general audiences would remember.
Are you saying x-men movies are not very memorable? Who knew...
>>
>>92394636
From what I heard Emma died between movies because the actress sucked so much.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.