[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: disgrace.png (311KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
disgrace.png
311KB, 1000x333px
So tonight, Sir Clint the Bold gallops off into the sunset with his trusty autistic pawn, Howard.

Though, not before breaking Ruth inside just a little bit more.
>>
>>92393664
How is it that everyone in this strip is privy to Billie driving drunk despite the fact she should have been charged as a minor?
>>
>>92393664
towel head's face looks a few inches off to the side there
>>
Man, Willis just can't make subtle villains, can he? They're always cartoonishly awful so his fans can root against them without second thought.
>>
>>92393664
Since when was Billie driving drunk, anyways?
And I guess this confirms that Ruth's parents are dead because of a drunk driver, though I think that was stated previously.

Also, what >>92393920 said. This has all the subtlety of a brick wall. Sir Clint may as well have said "You fuck up one more time and I'll have you raped by the dickwolves."
>>
>>92393664
>I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.
>>
>>92393996
She was a drunk driver in high school.
>>
>>92394136
Was this elaborated upon in a previous story, or is this a facet of her backstory that popped up once or twice and was meant to be permanently seared in the reader's memory afterwards?
>>
>>92394189
It was the whole reason Ruth hated her at first.
>>
>>92393664
I like this because the bad guys say they are bad very clearly that I don't have to worry about getting lost in the moral gray areas.

Like when Toe Dad was coming off as an honestly concerned father for his runaway daughter. That confused me. But then he pulled out a gun so I automatically could know he was the bad guy. It stopped being confusing and making my simple head hurt.
>>
File: DePicassoed.png (301KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
DePicassoed.png
301KB, 1000x333px
>>92393664

That face was bugging me.
>>
>>92393870
>>92394826
Oh, now I see what you were talking about. Yeah, that looks much better.
>>
>>92393664
Did Willis enter his Cubist period in panel 5?
>>
File: Sanosuke Sagara.png (379KB, 500x959px) Image search: [Google]
Sanosuke Sagara.png
379KB, 500x959px
>>92394696
Eventually Willis' villains will wear shirts that identify themselves as villains to eliminate all doubt.
>>
>>92393664
You know what's the worst part of this?

That due to the sick addiction we have to read this comic, deep down we do wanna see how it will unfold either to laugh at it or to cringe...

...but we also know said resolution will take FOREVER because Willis can't pace to save his life. Which means we will speed WEEKS of him either circling around the issue with zero advancement, or switch to his other 250 lingering plotlines so we won't see any advancement or resolution in eons. Even Toedad took fucking forever to end.
>>
File: Reginald drinking.jpg (13KB, 424x121px) Image search: [Google]
Reginald drinking.jpg
13KB, 424x121px
>>92395519
>>
>>92394826
Glad to see the face already got fixed, although I think it still looks a little weird. Eyes are too high up, I think. And the dot eyes don't work that well, generally. Except in that one edit in Leslie's apartment.

>>92393664
>Degenerate

I'm not sure what the threat here is. Billie's drunk driving is known by the college, and... dropping a bombshell *now* that her dating Billie is disgracing Ruth's parents has no point? That part must just be an emotional gut punch (saying that she's disgracing her parents wouldn't be useful at all with school admins), but he's kinda hitting her during sparring instead of during the match.

>Clint: I'm afraid I have returned, Ruth, because you've disappointed me again.
>Ruth: Well, I don't care, so fuck off.
>Clint: Oh yeah, well you're disgracing your parents drunk driver related death with your sapphic affair.
>Ruth: You said that the last time, I already worked out my feelings on that, and have actually achieved an even stronger hold on my emotions regarding their death. That won't work.
>Clint: It won't? Hmm... uh then can I shame and bully you by mentioning Siobhan?
>Ruth: Who? Oh, you mean Ciaran. You already said that too, I've worked that out through the medium of collage. Also, I sent him an e-mail and we're friends again.
>Clint: Well shit. I guess I'll just hit Howard, then.
>Swings his cane full force only to have it harmlessly bounce off in front of the boy
>Ruth: I got Carla to engineer an indestructible bubble for him, Grampa. Oh, and I falsified a dementia diagnosis on your medical records, so you're going to a home.
>Clint: Well played, Ruth. You've finally stood up for yourself and destroyed me, just like I destroyed your father by cutting his brakes. Except you didn't kill your own daughter. Welp, I'll be off then.
>>
Well at least people can stop saying he didn't do anything wrong even tho he was obviously painted as a villain since his intro
>>
>>92393996
During Muslim girl's introduction, she alludes to Billie having some kind of alcoholic related record on her. Then we find out Ruth hates Billie for having a dui because some dui related incident happened to the death of the parents
>>
>>92394826
>Next time, I will not be so diplomatic
>I'm not one of those beltway pansies
>i could break her in two... with my bare hands!
>>
>>92396201
We've already established that Clint played college ball at the University of Texas.
>>
>>92395374

No. He's just a shit artist.
>>
>>92393813
I'm definitely not defending the writing, but I think there's the Patriot act or some other act where you can request all criminal records on anybody if you want to
>>
>>92393813
asma and ruth know because its in the schools records, so clint probably heard it from chloe

i dont know whether it actually makes sense for the school to know either but at least it all goes back to one point
>>
>>92394189
It's pretty much the first thing that's said to her. Asma says not to drink in the dorms, and Walky thinks it's hilarious and states out loud, in front of a lot of people, that they must know her record.
>>
I'm back after a busy couple weeks.

I have some free time tomorrow to go in and do some voice work. Any requests? I'll save the pics and work on them while I'm over there.
>>
>>92393920
>>92393996
The thing is, if Clint was simply a man who never got over his daughter's death at a drunk driver and is furious at his granddaughter for becoming an alcoholic and shacking up with another alcoholic, with a history of DUI, this strip would fit fine. Willis has to tell his audience his villains are cartoonishly evil, because they don't act that way consistently.

>>92398992
Have you done anything with Robin yet? If not, do one of the recent strips with her and Becky.
>>
>>92399545
I don't think I have, no.

leslie either, now that I think of it.

any preferences for voice types?
>>
>>92393664
God, I feel like Ruth's "Deer in headlights" look in the last two panels is not the right look as the emotion for having someone call you a disgrace.
>>
>>92399545
All of Willis' villain motivations are a mess except for Toedad, and he ended up being a school-shooting madman.
>>
>>92393664
:(
>>
So now Idk if he more mad that he's dating a girl who also had a DUI or still mad over the whole "I'm wanna wuit RA" thing?
>>
>>92396243
Could he have gone pro?
>>
>>92394582
>>92396031
>>92397160
Oh, okay. I didn't know.
It's still something they could have built upon, though, at the very least in how it relates to this whole incident. Like when Billie first tried punching Clint.

>If you were trying to hurt me, you'd have better luck behind the wheel of a car.
Or something like that.

>>92399859
For some reason, it's the only reaction she's had when talking with her grandfather.

>>92399937
Mary had a clear motivation as well. She only wanted to study.
In fact, Ryan's motivation was snagging some thicc Christian pussy. It almost seems like it's only the villains who have clear motivations. Like >>92399545 says, Clint's motivation is to honor his daughter's legacy.

But, also as >>92399545 says, Willis can't write consistently.

>>92399960
I think it was supposed to be the latter and ended up becoming the former. Or maybe Chloe ratted out Billie's rap sheet to Clint when they were talking. I don't think that's legal at all.
Anyways, out of everything that Willis has explained in the comic, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why it is so important that Ruth be an RA. Like, if he had the clout to get her the job in the first place and bypass all other applicants, he has the clout to get her some kind of internship on campus elsewhere. But he's sticking with an RA position.

And if Ruth only applied to being an RA to spite her grandfather, that still wouldn't work because of his alleged connections, which we've also yet to see developed outside of "I got you this job."
>>
>>92400012
>I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why it is so important that Ruth be an RA.

Watch it be an ego thing. Or it's Willis making it like that because he doesn't wanna write Ruth outta the story and her being RA is crucial to that not happening for some reason.
>>
>>92400495
Well, Ruth being the RA is an easy way to keep her in the dorm, which is were 90% of all the action in DoA takes place. And apparently being removed from the dorms is as bad as literal death, at least in the Dumbiverse context in which nobody actually dies.
>>
>>92399937

I don't get why Clint wants to force someone he clearly hates to do a job she is absolutely terrible at.

Youd think if he hated her so much because of her dad, he'd have just thrown her to the wolves. Cut her off entirely. He could even use her fuckup here as a shitty excuse.

He wants Ruth to have the job because he feels it's prestigious to her resume in the future? Why? Why would he want her to do well if he clearly holds her accountable for the actions of her father, who took his little girl and ruined her life? Why is he spending so much time, effort and money on someone he clearly loathes and despises? This makes no sense whatsoever.

If he wants an heir, he clearly has Howie
>>
>>92393664
I love this old guy
>>
>>92401031
This, pretty much. If anything, Ruth should have been abandoned by her grandfather they day he took custody. This story arc should be about her validation in his eyes and mind, in that despite how much she reminds him of her father, she is strong enough to becomes somebody completely separate from her father and the person that her grandfather perceives her as.

Or something like that. But Clint shouldn't have gotten her the job.
>>
>>92401031
If Clint is so interested in Ruth's resume and he apparently has near infinite money, why didn't he send her to a fancy Ivy League school like Yale or Harvard instead of a public Midwest college?
>>
Can we just get to the floor meeting so the rest of the floor can voice their displeasure in having Ruth stick around and call the whole situation for what it is: Bullshit? Start that shit story already Willis.
>>
>>92395488
Honestly I don't know why he's not already at Kelly mode

>White Male Patriarch
>Demiqueer Homoromantic
>I'm Becky and I'm a Lesbian
>Amazigirl
>>
Anyone else have an idea what the voice cast for DOA would be like if it was a show? Because when reading, I think Takato from Digimon as Walky, JG Quintel as Ethan, Candi Milo as Ruth, the rich guy from the Big Lebowski as Ruth's grandpa, maybe Grey Delisle as Billie
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.