[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_1225.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
What went wrong?
>>
>>92388494
Hes not dead yet
>>
Your headcanon didn't come true
>>
>>92388508
Dude there's like 20 minutes of show left
>>
>>92388494
Overly high expectations
>>
>>92388494
Denial, we knew that all time portals were destroyed before the new season even began
>>
>>92388550
I know, how dare I expect good writing?

Mmmmm more Jashi for time! Down the hatch! Yum i love it.
>>
>>92388600
>"I could tell Genndy's story better than he can!"

Stay mad, faggot.
>>
>>92388618
>you have to be a professional chef to tell food is shit
>>
>>92388494
You know who else had a sword Jack couldn't break but Aku did easily?
>>
>ashi's snout
i expected her to join him in the shower maybe. also i noticed she sat with her legs somewhat apart.. but not as apart as she should have.

I'm a little confused as to where the plot is going but... okay so I just now looked at the numbering and looked up the roman numerals. um.. were they accurate before, or not? because now they're starting on 92 and ending on 101... which doesn't make sense.
also i feel bad for anyone trying to search for this ep because i have to imagine 'samurai jack C' doesnt give you good google results.
>>
File: 1370422670154.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1370422670154.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>92388600
>Forcing a Guardian fight just for the fanservice
>Good writing
>>
>>92388645
They already had a literal entire episode for callbacks.
>>
>>92388696
They had a whole episode dedicated to nothing but fan service so I don't see why not.
>>
>>92388494
>Gets explained that Jack doesn't age BECAUSE there are no more time portals around
>He does nothing but guard a time portal
>Ergo, since his portal is destroyed, he probably fought to the death to protect it, and lost, dying.
>People are surprised that he is dead

What went wrong? People are idiots. Hell, every time this thread is made, you can always find some moron who says "but how could Aku beat the Guardian..", when we know that Aku beats anyone without Jack's sword. People are going to be confused as hell and mad as hell when King Jack still happens, but without the guardian his specific portal.
>>
>>92388635
>Telling Gordon Ramsey how to cook his meal
>>
>>92388635
>Food analogies
>>
>>92388635
>>92388759

IMAGINE BEING SO FAT YOU SEE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WRITING AND THINK OF FOOD
>>
>>92388494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3_UHG73oQ
>>
>>92388730
>>92388740
That episode was to show how time has passed for the characters from the first 4 seasons. Not every episode can have just throwbacks. This season needs to establish its own memorable moments, too.
>>
>>92388635
>Food analogy

Go.

Back.

To /v/.
>>
>>92388550
>>92388618
>"I could write a better finale than Alex Hirsch!"
>LET'S SEE YOUR CARTOON THEN GRUBERMEISTER
That's what you sound like.
>>
>>92388635
>Be allergic to chocolate
>Ask for brownies from your chef
>"BLUURRGGH IT'S THE CHEF'S FAULT THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME"
>>
File: arturo.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
arturo.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>92388960
>>92388821
>>92388789
>>92388759
Not even that anon, and I usually hate analogies because they do more harm than good in arguments (they are always inaccurate...) but in this case I think it's pretty clear they're saying you don't have to be able to create something to be able to assess it. Even if you've never written anything, as long as you've read enough, you should have an understanding that, for example, Twilight is low-quality writing ("her traitor tears betrayed her" etc).

However I disagree that this season is bad. People forget Samurai Jack is a comedy.
>>
>>92389002
Being mad things didn't work out the way you wanted them to isn't real criticism.

Having the same "Well in MY version the Scotsman comes in and saves the day!" for the 1000th time gets nobody anywhere

You like it or you don't, but this is a childish reason to hate on a show.
>>
>>92388494
We got trolled. Creator knew we wanted either a rematch or some kind of scene and so wasted half the show on some creepy romance just so he could throw in a split second cameo and go 'problem?'
>>
File: 1476775333482.png (65KB, 237x237px) Image search: [Google]
1476775333482.png
65KB, 237x237px
>>92388635
If your taste are shit, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from gourmet chocolate and a generic candy bar. It actually takes a bit of skill to be a professional taster.

That said if the show is still shit to you then thats ok.
>>
>>92388494
Literally everything after episode 3.
>>
File: Disgusted Reginald.jpg (6KB, 385x299px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Reginald.jpg
6KB, 385x299px
We still have an episode left so who knows. But in the of chance that he really never appears:
>Guardian who was hyped to have importance to the central plot doesn't show up
>Scotsman is forced into the plot via a half-assed excuse; barely makes sense as to why he is involved as anyone could potentially fulfill his role of "army leader" but shows up anyway because is a fan favorite
>>
>>92388636
... my mom?
>>92388750
wait WHAT? that was the reason? that doesnt even make sense.
also, he saw the future. he didnt see himself getting killed.
>>
>>92388494
His eyes are too close together, no depth perception.
>>
>>92389451
>barely makes sense as to why he is involved as anyone could potentially fulfill his role of "army leader"

He's Aku's second greatest enemy. Only Jack had a bounty on his head bigger than his.
>>
File: samurai jack haters.png (245KB, 1153x656px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack haters.png
245KB, 1153x656px
>>92388494
>What went wrong?
/co/ had a generation shift
most older users left either in search of greener pastures or because real life kicked in and they moved on from 4chan
what's left are a few old losers like me who still go on /co/ and a bunch of obama's spoiled children who are literally Little Muriels
pic very much related, you kids don't know what you want
>>
File: 1484010053028.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484010053028.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>show constantly reminds us that all the time portals were destroyed
>WHY IS THE GUARDIAN DEAD GENNDY IS A HACK
Do you fags have the memory of a goldfish?
>>
File: 1494788526913.png (944KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
1494788526913.png
944KB, 1675x941px
>>92388494
>>
The question here is did he give Aku a good fight or did he pull Scotsman?
>>
>>92389833

Oh please, don't kid yourself.
We were just as spoiled back then.
>>
>>92389993
Pretty sure he didn't bother fighting because he already knew the future
>>
>>92388494

he was just a Morpheus ripoff who really cares
>>
>>92389939

At least give him a cool flashback death instead of a two second pan over his broken glasses.
>>
>>92388494
I wasn't expecting a fight because that wouldn't really make sense, but what exactly happened to the prophecy in that case? Did they just retcon it?
>>
>>92388600
What did you think of chapter 6?
>>
>>92390072
He's not even a reocurring character. He only appeared 1 episode, beat up Jack, and was never seen again. Guarding a time portal isn't such a big deal in a world that was once filled with them. Why would spend time he cannot waste in a fight scene.
>>
>>92390119
>retcon

The prophecy only showed King Jack in a hill. The comics showed King Jack gathering his army to fight Aku.

Nothing that happened until now denies the existence of King Jack
>>
>>92390072
The broken portal and glasses are powerful imagery that perfectly conveys what happened. How could they put a flashback in anyway? Jack wasn't there when it happened, the only way would be aku telling him in great detail, like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVqB3YCYfY
>>
>>92388635
Since we've devolved into food analogies: I think Broccoli in almost all of its forms tastes like shit, that doesn't mean that no chef knows how to prepare it correctly.
>>
>>92388960
>reddit spacing
>>
>>92388600
>Pandering is good writing
It doesn't make sense that Aku would wouldn't be able to beat him
>>
>>92388696
It was foreshadowed and set up. For a show that was light on arcs and continuity, introducing something like that actually stood out.

Certainly better than introducing a romance that in the end wasn't really necessary.
>>
>>92388494
I knew it was coming from the teaser, but I'm still disappointed. I really hope they do something with it in the final episode, because that felt like a major copout
>>
>>92390775
>Certainly better than introducing a romance that in the end wasn't really necessary
Holy shit, m8, this oozes objectivity
>>
>>92388508
Maybe but I'm doubtful.
>>
>>92390811
So is saying that a follow-up to the Guardian would be fanservice.
>>
>>92388750
No, he doesn't age simply because he was thrown through a time portal, not because there are no more, that doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>92390840
>doubting aku
>ever
he said there were no more portals m8
>>
>>92389219
This isn't as simple as wishing the story went another direction, this is being upset that the foreshadowing didn't pay off.
The Guardian's portal plot was left at a cliffhanger and we expected it to have a satisfying conclusion.
Gennedy could have delivered on that plot in a variety of ways, but the method he chose treats it with no more significance than any other portal.
From a story telling perspective, the audience got nothing out of this.
>>
>>92390775
>It was foreshadowed and set up
it was neither of these things you have no idea what either of these terms mean
>>
>>92389451
>>Guardian who was hyped to have importance to the central plot doesn't show up
He was literally in one episode and he never showed up or was ever brought up again, The Scotsman on the other hand showed up multiple times and his bounty was second only to Jack's.
>>
>>92388494
Spent too much time on the seasons sub plot and forgot it was the sub plot.

Tried to save it in too few episodes and made the series lesser for anyone who isnt virgin projecting onto Jacks relationship.

Wasnt worth the trade.
>>
>>92388550
>episode literally ends suggesting that he'll be important again
>Genndy says that Season 5 will address the importance Guardian again
>headcanon
>>
>>92391184
If the guardian was relevant to Jack getting back to the past, Genndy probably would have kept his mouth shut about him
>>
>>92391290
Or like he did with the Scotsman, confirm he was back instead of just saying "he will be adressed".
>>
File: Consider the following.png (205KB, 611x395px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
205KB, 611x395px
>Jack defeats Aku
>Suddenly glasses-less Guardian out of nowhere.
>"Guardian!"
>"Hey man, long time no see."
>"But your glasses were-"
>"Man, you thought that meant I was dead?"
>"But the time portal was destroyed!"
>"Ha! Aku just destroyed the statue holding the time portal, real thing's right here."
>Portal drops into view behind the Guardian.
>>
>>92391184
Where did he say this. I wish to know his exact words instead of that of an anon "quoting" him.
>>
>>92391184
>episodes ends with a cool wink to Jack's ultimate fate
>Gendy said he's will address what happened with the Guardian
Anything else spinning out of these two was literally pure speculation.
>>
>>92391341
That's kinda dumb. I can see him just coming out of nowhere. kick aku's ass, forces him to drop the sword, jack picks it up and guardian is like, "I'll handle the chick, you get aku."

But this is a long reach. I'm still kind of expecting to see an army roll in at the most hopeless part of the episode, being led by the scottsman in a gigantic morale boost to jack that kind of makes for a hype final battle where everyone witnesses jack murder aku. Ashi gets beaten into submission and controls aku's corruption enough to make a portal, he goes back, and stops it all from happening which jack is okay with compared to killing her.
>>
>>92391341
So much cringe
>>
>>92390072
Don't worry, I got you senpai:

>Aku arrives.
>Says he is going to destroy his time portal
>Guardian: "The hell you are!"
>Guardian charges Aku
>Aku back hands him away close to the portal, and laser eyes both, destroying the portal and vaporising the guardian's body instantly
>His shades fall to the ground, all that's left of him
>Aku: "GG NO RE"

Your welcome. That would be worth the shows time right?
>>
Oh boy, I wonder whatever will happen next

Will:

Jack find his will to survive and defeat Aku, sacrificing Ashi in the process?

Ashi break free of her control and help Jack defeat Aku?

So many unpredictable endings. 100/10, most surprising and original ending evar.
>>
People only like the Gaurdian episode because of some tease at the end of the tired "old grizzled veteran" cliche with old man Jack.

It was pretty "eh" compared to other episodes of the show
>>
>>92391414
I forgot to add, the only reason I'm saying the scottsman will return is because so far with scaracmouche, every time he disappears mid episode leaving the viewer going "Well what happens?" they show up unannouced later on. So I'm banking on the same thing with scottsman too, they ended his tale too abruptly to leave it as is.
>>
>>92389549
>>92390893
Jack aged normally because his body will still connected to his past. But when that connection was broken by the portals being destroyed, he stopped aging. I don't see why that doesn't make sense to idiots.
>>
>>92391507

He stopped aging because if he actually looked as old as he is, his kiss with Ashi would be as creepy as it actually is.
>>
>>92391348
I think it was in the premiere Q & A
>>
>>92391500
Actually, I mostly liked it because of the absolute smackdown he laid on Jack.

Which I was sad when he got offscreened like that. I was looking forward to that rematch all week.
>>
>>92388494
Genndy went wrong.

We get a piss shit romance bullshit ending instead of some action packed shit we've had been teased with since our childhoods.

This was supposed to be an ending. Tie up all the loose ends and put it underground, not keep shoving bullshit into it. Now the plot feels extremely weak, and especially Jack's character has been thrown into the ground.
>>
>>92391437
Stop misusing this shitty word, that would be lame or stupid but not cringey.
>>
>>92391507
>it seems that the initial time travel has affected the aging process
You're slow, aren't you?
>>
>>92391494
Jack will grab the sword and kill himself with it to stab Aku in a dramatic way, ashi is freed from Aku's influence because magic, both Jack and Aku die and pretty much nothing is ever resolved.

Edgy/10 ending, brace yourselves.
>>
To everyone who wanted the guardian to make an appearance here, I can appreciate that. I recommend the graphic novel series by Jim Zub. I read these between re-watches of the show a few years ago. I am a really big fan of Genndy's work, and although I would like to see his take on the guardian + warrior-king Jack ending, I also really enjoyed Zub's take on it, and I'm thrilled to be in new territory now. I also feel as though the fewer similarities between Zub's and Genndy's respective work going forward, the less Genndy steps on Zub's take on the canon, while still telling the story he has in mind. Just my two cents.
>>
>>92391598
>Piss shit

Well you certainly seem to be stuck in your childhood

Ashi has more relevance to the plot and the themes than the Guardian anyways, the romance is just a bonus, and a fairly necessary one for Jack as a character.
>>
Did Aku sound WAY better last episode?
>>
>>92391719

Describe Ashi's personality without describing what she looks like or what she does.

Pro-tip: you can't because she doesn't have one.
>>
>>92388494
YOU AIN'T THE GUY
>>
>>92391494
i bet you $20 it will be something about muh girl power

man i fucking know it
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 362x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 362x270px
>>92390034
This sounds pretty feasible.

The Guardian knew no one was going to use the portal and Aku would eventually destroy it after talking to future Jack through it but he had to fight Jack so Jack would remember the place and this last encounter with Aku would happen there.
>>
File: Aku2.png (756KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Aku2.png
756KB, 1600x900px
>>92388494
Dumb asses who thought Aku was dumb and overlooked a time portal because the Guardian was stronger than Jack and "plot relevant". I'm glad he was eradicated by the master of masters. Aku is the mortal enemy of Samurai Jack, not the Guardian.

And anybody who likes the design of King Jack has the absolute worst taste in character design and character progression. The show is called SAMURAI Jack. And for him to just change from Samurai Jack to King Jack because it's "cool" is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my god damn life. And this is supposed to be """"Writing""""" give me a god damn break.

>i-it's better than forced roma-

No fuck you shut up your headcanon fanfiction is garbage regardless of the events that have been occurring this season.

I wish the Guardian episode never happened.
>>
>>92391742
>RLMeme

She's an elite but sheltered fanatic who gradually discovers the value of life and the righteousness of her target's quest. An innocent born on the side of evil, she has to come to term with her past and contribute to making things right. Despite the brainwashing, she's curious, brave, and ethical.
>>
>>92391950
How about fuck you?
>headcanon
It happened in the comics
>>
>>92391987

Only the last sentence was a personality - and seriously, you could apply that to 99% of character archetypes like her - and the rest was just backstory.

Jashifags probably aren't allowed to play with pointed scissors.
>>
>>92392056
>moving the goalposts

You said she had no personality, nothing about originality.
>>
>>92391341

Whats with people obsessing over le guardian? He was a one-off bossfight, he isnt that cool or special.
>>
>>92392080

Now you lack reading comprehension.

Look, I hate Tumblr, too, but that's no reason to go to bad with a Realdoll with a horseface.
>>
>>92391950
Are you telling me a smaurai cannot become a king? That's pretty good end game right there, no one is a warrior forever. Do you think jack is going to do shit after he kills aku?

His whole life has been to murder aku and literally no one else. By any sense of the means of being a "samurai" he isn't. He uses a katana and was born in japan. His martial art skills past that of any samurai and it is shown he can master any combat form. If anything he is just a great warrior. Stop being retarded anon, the name samurai is ill fitting to what he is.

Also protip, samurai's in actual history were such notorious assholes that they had to try to force the Bushido code unto them so they don't act like the biggest fucking scumbag bullies in the world to anyone else who wasn't skilled or powerful enough to fight back. If you are going to pull the samurai shit, you might as well know what a real fucking samurai is.
>>
They took a character that for years we wanted to see Jack beat and killed him off screen

Can Genndy not write satisfying conclusions to save his life or something?
>>
>>92392081
>le
Even ironically, fuck off.
The Guardian is only significant because he guarded the most significant time portal in the series. And that time portal was only significant because it was heavily implied that Jack would later use that specific portal to travel back in time and defeat Aku.
>>
File: 147892599643.jpg (74KB, 768x572px) Image search: [Google]
147892599643.jpg
74KB, 768x572px
>>92389051
>People forget Samurai Jack is a comedy

Post discarded.
>>
>>92388600

Kek
>>
>>92388618
Honestly it's not like Genndy set up a really high standard, at this point I am willing to believe that anon could've indeed written a better story than Genndy.
>>
I think this episode was great.

My opinion will change if we dont see the scotsman next saturday.
>>
File: 1382328928731.png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
1382328928731.png
106KB, 350x319px
people are this mad that he will become king and just unite everyone, therefore, he wont need a time portal anyway
He will just make his home after killing aku
>>
>>92392203
So he really will just forsake his people?
>>
>>92388494

He lost his glasses and has been stumbling around blindly ever since.

Aku destroyed the portal while he was distracted.
>>
>>92392146
Or maybe, just maybe people are jumping to conclusions that hes dead. I mean jack gets his gi ripped off every fucking fight. If we were to expect some ripped gi across a field meant they died, everyone would think jack is dead.

He could and probably will show up at some point. Because so far gennedy has given conclusion in a decent way for any character who was given screen time. He wants the viewers to think he is dead so it is more exciting later on when you find out he isn't.
>>
File: 1494735513915.png (53KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1494735513915.png
53KB, 800x769px
>>92392144
Are you telling me that Jack is just going to wear a crown and grow a European style beard because fuck it why not?
>>
>>92392021
The non-canon ones?
>>
Genndy's words before episode 1 aired, EXACT WORD-FOR-WORD QUOTE

"We know the Guardian existed...so...we will address that in some way...."

The past-tense of the word "exist" should have tipped you off.
>>
>>92392260
I mean they've been changing his skin to white and yellow the whole season for no fucking reason so yeah it would fit the shitty writing so far.
>>
>>92389219
>Being mad things didn't work out the way you wanted them to isn't real criticism

That's literally what criticism is. I hate this fucking meme.

>there is a boy
>he has a dog
>the boy and his dog play all day
>one day, a strange man comes to town
>the man shoots himself
>the end

Boom, story. Did it end the way I wanted it to? Yes. Did it end well? No. Because the quality of something is determined by how people think of it (or how you personally think of it) and most people would consider that story pointless.

There is no such thing as objectivity in regards to quality. You can impose metrics on specific parts of a work to try and give a more unified view of its quality, but people can disagree with those metrics. If I don't like the way it ends and can justify why that's legitimate criticism.

>muh word of god

God made everything we know, and there's plenty of shit to bitch about here.
>>
Do you think the Guardian had a chance to yell
>THAT WAS MY FAVORITE SUIT!
at Aku before he got smashed?
>>
Y'all motherfuckers are dumb.
>>
File: 1494743783280.jpg (146KB, 1223x915px) Image search: [Google]
1494743783280.jpg
146KB, 1223x915px
>>92392305
>goes back to season 5 is shit argument

As usual. Can't defend your own garbage so you gotta keep pointing back to the original.
>>
>>92388821
>IMAGINE BEING SO FAT YOU SEE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WRITING AND THINK OF FOOD
yes, your point? it's an analogy,, it's not about food, faglord, it's about being capable of telling if something is shit without mastering said skill
>LOLZ U CANT TELL IF MUH FOOD/CARTOON/TV SHOW/VIDYAGAME IS SHIT BECAUSE U CANT MAKE ONE URSELF
That's a fallacy, just because I don't know how to cook, doesn't means I'm not capable of telling if the food is shit or not.
>>
>>92392280
Yes, the non-canon published comics.
You're acting like the Guardian's portal plot was submitted to fanfiction.net
>>
>>92392260
He fell into despair, grew a beard out of fucking nowhere and as soon as he found internal peace and balance again, his bear disappeared magically and magically gets a fucking gi again.

Are you really going to question that? Out of the fact that he magically gets clothes that don't exist in this era out of thin air, and a shave. Also makes his magic sword and holster appear out of thin air akin to fucking sora from kingdom hearts making his keyblade appear.
>>
File: 1492670883169.jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
1492670883169.jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>92392366
I'm actually not the anon you replied to, I'm another person.

also pic related
>>
>>92392305
>changing his skin for no reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngoHFUf4Ko
Skip to 15:50, faggot
>>
>>92392305
>Muh whitewashing
>What are lighting and shading
go back to >>>/t/umblr
>>
>>92392426
Jack is never white in season 4 what the fuck is this supposed to prove. In fact in Season 4 they did what they should've done this season, make Jack skin tone change due to lighting yet still being consistent.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12968052
>>
>>92392426
Holy shit look at all those racist! How dare they pay attention to color and detail.
>>
>>92392470
>implying this is about white washing

Do you think the midget models in SU are an artistic choice too?
>>
File: IMG_1798.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1798.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>92388618
>>92388696
>>92390720
>Closing up plotholes is pandering/fanservice
>>
>>92392477
>I missed the point completely.
Don't you have to go complain about GitS having a white actress?
>>
>>92392477
Genndy literally said they made Jack "white" in the video. You colorblind?
>>
>>92388789
>>>/v/
>>
>>92388494
I'm not going to lie, I was legitimately sad and upset to see his glasses like that. More impactful than a skeleton.

But not only am I sad because he was a cool character who was killed offscreen, but more so because he did his duty for Eons waiting for the chosen one just to get fucking wreckd by Aku

I like how Jack did not finally realise this till he saw the glasses and hung his head in silence. Like how he kinda remembered the whole place and encounter upon walking through the wreckage but didn't confirm and accept it till he got to the portal. Not an easy memory for him...

Also loved how broken Jack is now the ghost he talks too
>>
File: 1460306092860.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1460306092860.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>92392516
>using the SJW strawman
Ah yes, the oldest trick in the book, here, have the (You) you wanted.
>>92392524
Show me an scene of Season 4 with Jack's skin tone being that one they used for Season 5, you know that's not what he meant when he said white, retard.
>>
>>92392559
>>>/ck/
>>
>>92392509
The time portal was wrong
Hole shut
>>
>>92392578
I put quotes around white for a reason y'know.
>>
>>92392603
Then you agree Season 4 did it right and Season 5 has been inconsistent for no reason.
>>
>>92392627
Sure, but hows color contrast in seasons of Samurai Jack related to the thread?
>>
>>92392509
It isn't a plot hole. That was a possible future and Aku made sure it didn't come to pass. Where's the hole? The inconsistency? It would be more of a plot hole if at first they said that Aku erradicated all the time portals and then the guardian's was intact for some reason.
>>
>>92392586
We can clearly see that the time portal was wrong, but is that satisfying for the audience?
The time portal being wrong could be satisfying if it wasn't treated so casually.
>>
>>92392663
I mean I wasn't the one bringing up how changing Jack's design just because was a bad a idea when they did it already.
>>
>>92392577
> just to get fucking wreckd by Aku
Just to get fucking wreckd by Genndy you mean.

Man, what a waste. Such a way to tell a story. "Guy got killed, the end."

He must have wrote this season while taking a shit, and he was inspired by the smell.
>>
>>92392586
>>92392692
>Time Portal says only THE ONE can use it
>Fails to predict Aku destroying it
What a worthless time portal.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>92392684
>then the guardian's was intact for some reason.

Dude, it's because the Guardian is awesome like duh hello where my truu sam ooh rye bread jack fans here?
>>
>>92392509
>plothole
where? Guardian got fucked by Aku.
>>
>>92392383

>responds to people insulting his food analogy with a food analogy
>>
>>92392692
Punished jack is the result of the portal being wrong, didn't see many complaints about him
>>
>>92392501
I think they look like shit, even Pendleton Ward followed a consistent set of rules
>>
>>92392693
King Jack design is too much. Color change for the sake of contrast to background isn't that big of a deal.
>>
Oh boy, what I learned from this fandom. It's filled with retards who banwagoned on samurai jack as adults because the few real fans of the series was actually hyped and now all the retards bitch about "MUH SHOW QUALITY".

The only reason this shit is being made is to watch jack win and that's fucking it. But you lore fags that infest /co/ expect some deep lore or amazing call backs from a god damn series that never even had a consistent story and all gennedy is doing is picking shit out of the last 4 seasons, making call backs and trying to fill in any holes he never intended to fill in the past. Lorefags ruin everything, we can't even enjoy a good show anymore and discuss it because of this shit flinging shitshow of bitching.
>>
How ebin was his battle with Aku?
>>
>>92392849
That does look pretty badass, wish we could have seen a glimpse of the fight. But since from the get go we knew that all time portals were destroyed, I guess they had to save time for more plot relevant things.
>>
>>92392839
>muh show quality
Is that actually supposed to be an argument?
If the quality is low, we're going to talk about it.
>>
>>92392849
What battle? Aku could just turn into a parachute and smother him. If it's not Jack there's no challenge.
>>
>>92392839
>lorefags
What do you have against a consistent story, anon?
>>
>>92392808
If you would've told me we would've gotten white Jack with a beard, long hair an a Samurai armor riding a motorbike for the last season I would've called you crazy.

At this point I don't think it matters.
>>
>>92388572
this,right here.
we expected a season with the same nostalgia of 2001-2004's seasons but instead we get a season that is ending while leaving some things with no answer.
>>
File: 1492316520104.png (245KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492316520104.png
245KB, 1280x800px
Jack didn't seem all that dedicated to going back and fighting the Guardian so he could use his time portal the episode after and onward. So obviously Jack never gave that much of a shit about the guardian or his portal and just went to another one.
>>
>>92392711
I honestly wasn't that butthurt about it

Like some have said , all I could have really asked for this season was just a few more episodes. But seeing Aku vs. Guardian is unnecessary. A single, powerful frame referencing the battle could have been cool but the result is the same

When Jack said to his father hallucination ep.1 that Aku destroyed the way home, he must have meant this portal first and foremost or just all the portals altogether. Either way, it's consistent with Jack sacrificing all his chances to go back home to save other people, he's repeatedly denied himself his quest to stay true to who he is

The only plausible complaint here is the King Jack complaint, and to be fair that was done probably before Genndy wrote a solid ending and even then still fits with the rather loose continuity we've had the entire shows run
>>
File: 1489285566942.jpg (335KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
1489285566942.jpg
335KB, 1280x891px
>>92392944
>If you would've told me we would've gotten white Jack with a beard, long hair an a Samurai armor riding a motorbike for the last season I would've called you crazy.

Jack has had a lot of design changes. Shogun, gangster, raver, chicken, etc . The king design is just the lamest.
>>
>>92392839
You know this season is a cheap experiment from Genndy. I doubt it's even what he had in mind in the first place, or that's what i hope at least.

The problem with it is not that consistency cannot be brought into an episodic series, the problem is that Genndy is shoving a bullshit cliche ending on it that doesn't even fit what this thing was supposed to do.

There was a lot of material to work with already, but all of that is left unused because of the shit we'll get the next week. Just try to figure out where the scotsman will take part in it. He probably won't and his death was a simple cameo.
>>
>>92391437
Fuckin loser
>>
>>92392509
>Episode shows that Aku could have premonitions that predict the future
>"Only the one can use the portal"

Guess what? Aku probably had another premonition, and destroyed it. So the prophecy killed itself off, by being a prophecy that was going to happen.
>>
>>92392328
>what is good pacing
>what is well-constructed narrative
>what is consistent characterization
>what is tonally consistency
Anon, I know you're used to the level of writing of a chidlren's cartoon but please don't fucking murder writing like this.
>>
>>92391742
Curious, determined, awed by her surroundings, particularly kind with animals, fierce, slightly naive, unwilling to be classified, etc.
>>
>>92393324
There's a good chance you don't know what any of those are either.
>>
>>92393234
And that would be cool had we seen any of it.
There was no payoff for the audience.
>>
More importantly, what happened to the Farting Dragon?
>>
Am the only one who wants the Guardian to not be dead just to hear Kevin Micheal Richardson's voice in the context of Samurai Jack just one more time?
>>
Why is no one more angry about the fact that the staff literally took the aku / ashi reveal off these threads....The season threw itself off a cliff. The last 2 episodes have been exponentially dogshit.
>>
>>92392839
ITs not even the lorefags, its that lore fags, who take everything as fact, the portal could have been wrong, the guardian could be wrong, Aku could have figured it out and prevented that future.
>>
File: 1360614712439.jpg (61KB, 402x406px) Image search: [Google]
1360614712439.jpg
61KB, 402x406px
>>92393425
I named them, fucktard, why wouldn't I know what they are? Being able to discern if a show passes the good/bad threshold in any of them is a different matter, but telling me I don't know what they are is the most retarded ways you could've chosen to "call me out" on my statement.
>>
>>92393579
you mite be retardo, mate
>>
>>92393561
He played Demongo and the woolies.
>>92393445
There's no payoff because it hasn't ended. It's Jack's story, not the guardian's. He probably won't even go back to the past.

>>92393579

Last episode was arguably the best one since episode 2 or 3. The twist predictable (the hints were massive anyways), but effective in its execution. Had it been something less expected you would have complained about it being an asspull. And that would have been a more valid complain.
>>
>>92388494
Will Guardianfags and BacktothePastfags ever give it up?
>>
>>92393561
You already did in episode 6
>Woolies
>archers
>demongo
>cockney dog
>>
>>92393685
The show jumped the shark after ashis character arc climaxed. The show has been getting progressively worse since then.
>>
>>92393685
>he probably won't even go back to the past
I can't imagine Gennedy would do that.
>>
File: guardian.jpg (31KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
guardian.jpg
31KB, 210x240px
>>92388494
HE'S NOT DEAD. HE JUST LOST HIS GLASSES.
>>
>>92393324
>what is good pacing
>what is a well constructed narrative
>You can impose metrics on specific parts of a work to try and give a more unified view of its quality

If you need a practical demonstration, post-modern literature often has little or none of the things you listed and is considered by many to be of quality. Quality is subjective from person to person, when most people agree that something is good it is good. My point is more that the creator does not decide if their work is good - the collective does. In this specific instance, Genndy thought focusing the last 10 episodes of his show around his childhood waifu was good, and enough people disagree to throw the quality of season 5 into contention.
>>
>>92392123

>>Buttmad
>>
>>92392477
Oh isnt he? Jack vs ninja
>>
>>92392220
https://youtu.be/gmT79zMFh8s?t=161

Portals closed

>AVENGE!
>>
>>92391184
They will still use the guardians portal
The guardian said Jack is not the one to defeat him, Aku was

If you want to be upset then be upset over how the Scotsman is not gonna show back up
>>
>>92394369
Nah, it was retconned anon. You guys act like retcons don't exist, they are very common in fiction.
>>
>>92394396
Its obvious the portal will come into play somehow

Why else would they have the final battle there in the first place
>>
>>92392849

how do you even fight a shapeshfiter that can breathe fire, shoot lasers, and transmulate you with just a thought?
>>
Why didnt the first half of the episode have Jack fighting the Guardian again until Aku shows up and destroys the portal, pissing the guardian off.

That would be a good time to have Ashi backstab him before she fights Jack
>>
>>92394616
The Guardian VA was not available

Get over it, he was just a tough black guy stereotype with a blue recolor anyway
>>
File: saddest cat.jpg (42KB, 482x338px) Image search: [Google]
saddest cat.jpg
42KB, 482x338px
>>92388494
>tfw Jack didn't kill meme girl
>>
>>92394616
Ashi would never backstab the only person on the planet who has ever loved her, and the only person she has ever loved.
>>
>>92394425
Not that anon, but the next episode is most likely take place at Akus tower
>>
>>92388789
>>92388960
That isn't a good analogy you FUCKING RETARD

It's a comparison to a skilled profession, you should feel bad morons
>>
>>92394645
>The Guardian VA was not available
Kevin Michael Richardson voiced the Woolies and Demongo actually. But I do agree that people need to stop whining about The Guardian being dead.
>>
>>92394683
Backstab the Guardian mate, making her possession much more dramatic
>>
>>92394425
Because Genndy said he wanted to address The Guardian's situation? He was showing the fans yes, all time portals were destroyed including The Guardian's.
>>
>>92394003
it is praised for its inventive lack of those concepts. Not for the "vacuumed" originality of new concepts.

it is the "lack" and that playful use of that "lack" that is criticized.

you fucking troglodyte.
>>
praying to allah that the final episode will have a longer run time. Kind of worried about how rushed it will feel
>>
>>92391534
>>92391348

Genndy said 'it will be adressed' when someone asked about the guardian.
>>
>>92390278
The Guardian was important.
>Endgame prophecy that Jack will rematch and get through the portal
>Was the most dangerous singular opponent Jack ever fought
>Showed that he had been undefeated for eons

It seriously feels like bullshit that such a hyped character gets killed off screen, and the prophecy is ignored.
>>
>>92388572
hey man, fans would've loved anything genndy put out but those first three episodes are what raised those expectations in the first place. I'm still enjoying the ride but it's obvious that what the season is right now is pretty different compared to where those earlier episodes seemed to be heading towards
>>
I want the guardian to come out of nowhere saying to himself 'damn, i dont remember thoses glasses being so hard to find when i bought the old ones'
And the he just pull the time portal out of the ruined base because its magic aint gotta explain shit
>>
>>92392163
Go back to /tv/ pedo
>>
>>92388618
Actually? Yes. I probably could. Because he slummed it.
"I'd like to see you do better" is never the best response but when Gennedy came up with this season he must've been cruising fanfiction.net because I've seen Ashi's entire character and arc at least a dozen times there.
>>
>>92395130
>hey man, fans would've loved anything genndy put out but those first three episodes are what raised those expectations in the first place
First three is very charitable.
By the middle of the first one it was obvious Ashi was gonna be a major character for the season, possibly even the deuteroganist.
>>
>>92394963
I'd also like to add the manner in which the portal is hidden away.

Jack had to cross a magic lake, ride various beasts who debated amongst themselves whether Jack was "the one" or not, and even had him go through trials before taking him to the guardian.
>>
>>92388494
Cartoon Network wanting the original series to be episodic so they could rerun it as much as they want, and the creators overindulging themselves in the Guardian episode's story, such that it has to be thrown into the trash for Genndy's ending to make sense.
>>
>>92388600
So salty.
>>
>>92388600

Do you not know what good writing is? Being predictable is good writing? What the fuck?
>>
>>92390720

The leader of the three elementals kicked akus ass

Why do so many people on this board have such problems with admitting that this season butchered the show
>>
>>92388759

>Gordon ramsey deep fries his own shit, pisses on it and serves it to you covered in cum and arsenic
>Wow this is delicious I'm so glad I get to eat this wonderful mean who am I to tell gordon ramsey this food is bad
>>
>>92388494
Nigga couldn't beat Aku.
Makes sense.
Only reason Jack can beat Aku is he has the sword, and even then he still hasn't managed it.
>>
Someone has to be there to cheer up jack, or something
>>
File: 1490118678815.jpg (26KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1490118678815.jpg
26KB, 480x490px
>tfw you're really starting to get worried about all these loose ends that need to be tied up
I'm trying to stay optimistic
>>
>>92389833
/co/ was the same autistic complainer since forever, it is just that, back then less people visited so you saw less people complaining.
Now that 4chan is large and popular and stuff, it is only logical that you see more complaining.
>>
You fucking children.

In real life not everything is resolved or answered.

They can easily do this in the show. Jack wasn't present so we might never have any idea what the fuck happened.
>>
>>92398531

There really isn't that many loose ends. Unless you're one of those retards asking dumb questions like "Who are the cult?"
>>
>Genndy said he'd address the Guardians portal.
>He addresses it.
>People get butthurt that he didn't address it in the way they wanted him to address it.

Look I was hoping for a guardian rematch as well, but I'm fine with what they did because I'm not an autist.
>>
File: 1455212314351.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455212314351.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>92388696
would have been better writing than the literal USELESS episode 8 we had. They didn't even fuck, continued in full cringe mode, worst case scenario. Episode 8 was so awful it's not even funny. 10% season time down the drain.
>>
>>92398884
Episode 8 was the second best episode in the series, though.
>>
>>92398745
>Jack
>Aishi
>Aku
>Scotsman's Ghost
There's still a lot going on.
>>
File: Guardian_1 (1).png (89KB, 608x437px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian_1 (1).png
89KB, 608x437px
For all those complaining about the Guardian retcon, it's pretty obvious the story Gendy went with for this final season is not the ending season he had initially planned when writing the show a decade ago. This could be for any number of reasons. Maybe the number of episodes they gave him (10) wouldn't work with the ending season he had planned which might have been based on having more episodes like the old season got. Maybe the venue switch to Adult Swim gave him the ability to have more freedom to the amount of violence and borderline nudity and it let him make an ending season he had originally wanted to make more but couldn't originally when the show was on main cartoon network. Maybe the script he wrote for the movie that had been teased was what he based this season off of instead of the original plan back a decade ago. Or maybe after a decade of hiatus, he just changed his mind and decided on something different.

Any one of these explanations could explain the change in plans. It might even be a few of them mixed together.
That being said, when marathoning the whole show now, it's probably best to just skip the guardian episode from here on out. It won't completely fix the issue, but it leaves it overall less confusing if it's not there.
>>
>>92389549
The Guardian saw his destiny, not the future. If anyone is strong enough to change destiny, it's Aku.
>>
>>92399171
I more or less agree with this.
The new ending for the show is not the original one. The only episode in the entire series that had a connection to the original ending was the guardian episode, thus it had to be retconned.
>>
You're allowed to have your complaints and criticize whatever you like, the people who ask you if youve ever made anything yourself are asking if you have any authority as a creator in making that criticism. Pretending they're trying to censor you is moving the goalposts.

The fact is there aren't that many Genndy Tartakovskys out there in the world that you can say someone could be a better Genndy, or that Genndy isn't doing Genndy right. Sure he could stand to improve on wrapping up every last thing with the finale, but Samurai Jack was really always an episodic action cartoon taking place in a larger setting, the ending wasn't important enough to include before the show originally ended, and the foreshadowing episodes with the Guardian and etc have always worked well as individual episodes.

The people who are just writhing in pain repeating that Ashi is SHIT SHIT SHIT! and saying SORRY I DONT WANT TO EAT SHIT are really quite autistic, I'm surprised at this point anyone says that on here and still believes it's convincing or an argument.
>>
>>92388740
>They had a whole episode dedicated to nothing but fan service
The episode where Jack and Ashi fall in love was to set up a good reason why he would refuse to kill her you dummy
>>
the first 3 episodes were incredible, the rest aren't great
>>
>>92392389
>Are you really going to question that? Out of the fact that he magically gets clothes that don't exist in this era out of thin air, and a shave. Also makes his magic sword and holster appear out of thin air akin to fucking sora from kingdom hearts making his keyblade appear.
They were a literal gift from literal gods you sperg
>>
>>92399171
>That being said, when marathoning the whole show now, it's probably best to just skip the guardian episode from here on out. It won't completely fix the issue, but it leaves it overall less confusing if it's not there.
Or just fucking watch it and keep in mind that at some point in the next 50 years Aku found out about the Guardian and his portal and destroyed it like all of the other ones.
>>
Why spend so many episodes on ashi though

I dont care if guardian is dead but offscreen deaths suck ass in general
>>
Did ashi ruin samurai jack?
>>
>>92399559
She didn't ruin it but she made the season far worse
>>
File: tumblr_nyxcs74cMl1rxkezdo1_1280.png (776KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyxcs74cMl1rxkezdo1_1280.png
776KB, 1280x800px
>everyone thinks the Guardian or Scottsman will be the ones to help Jack in the final episode
>>
>>92399498
No because that ruins the whole point of the episode. Having Jack not be able to enter a portal simply because "It's not time yet" then having the portal destroyed is a bad plot hole and the only casualty of a retcon.
>>
>>92399559
>Did ashi ruin samurai jack?
Not at all.
/pol/tards gonna /pol/
>>
>>92388553
>>92390838
This is like you morons who denied Jashi happening even though there was clear foreshadowing.

If Genndy wasn't going to put the Guardian in the show, he wouldn't have SPECIFICALLY PLACED HIS GLASSES ON THE GROUND. Newcomers would be like "Huh? Whose are those?" and oldfags are going to be like "WTF WHY U KILL HIM GAYNNDY?"

This is not how story-telling works. The Guardian is alive and we'll see him briefly in the finale.
>>
>>92388494
>Literally Morpheus with blue skin

Look man I liked The Matrix too but its a bit overdone to be honest fammarammadingdong
>>
>>92399879
What the fuck does /pol/ have to do with any of this?
>>
>>92399905
MUH STRONG WOMYN RUINING MUH CARTOONS
>>
File: 1492925503193.png (3MB, 2892x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1492925503193.png
3MB, 2892x1268px
>>92389002
Funny how that works out.
>>
The complaints about Ashi are mostly rediculous and reaching.

I'll agree that the first 4 episodes before she turned had a more surreal vibe to them. Trust me, I love Rambo Jack as much as the next guy, but the rest of the season has still been excellent. The only difference is Jack isn't alone anymore so there's a different, less lonesome aethetic.
Still one of the best western cartoons revivals ever.
>>
File: 1365634623243.jpg (71KB, 508x719px) Image search: [Google]
1365634623243.jpg
71KB, 508x719px
>>92400003
At this point I fully expect Genndy to pull a similar death or memory-loss fakeout with Jack and people here will be groveling at his feet as being the most brilliant thing they've ever witnessed.
>>
>>92399985
What? That sounds more like a tumblr thing.

Spend more than 10 minutes on /pol/ and you'll find they don't give two shits about (((((television))))).
>>
>>92400063
Wrong
>>
>>92400250
Prove it.

Of course, they care about news networks but outside of that, all television to them is either propaganda they agree or disagree with but overall a waste of time.
>>
Why the fuck is the IGN reviewer suddenly giving lower scores to these most recent episodes after pretending 4, 5 and 6 were just as good as 1, 2 and 3? He kept giving 9,3s and 9,4s alternatively, but the latest episode is suddenly "just" an 8. Did he have a change of heart and he regrets not being able to go back and give the middle episodes lower scores so he's overcompensating now even though the latest episode was a lot better than them?
>>
>People falling for the "Show an accessory the character had but not the body" trick
'
Not even /co/ can be this thick.
>>
>>92388494
He can't see without his glasses.
>>
>>92400403
considering how much gendy likes minimalism, it wouldn't be surprising if the shot of his glasses is all we get
>>
>>92390278
Most characters in SJ that aren't Jack showed up once. Scotsman is the only exception I can come up with on the fly.
>>
so after looking trough the multiple complaint threads, i have noticed /co/ has the absolute worst story ideas only next to /tv/
>i want everything spoonfed
>nothing can be left to the imagination
>i want the most predictable ending
>a character that showed up in one episode deserves a entire episode length fight
>character made up a prophecy wich must come true, nevermind that being the biggest cliche in storytelling
>a character should have no conflict reaching his goal
honest to god, i hope you guys never write anything in your lifes, just to save you the embarrasment when you show up with your shit at a publisher with a straight face
>>
>>92398776
Honestly, not being satisfied with how a story is played off is valid.

Nobody is obligated to find it perfect.
>>
>>92394616

>why wasnt half the episode a pointless battle

Becauase this isnt one of your animes
>>
>>92400003

The differences is that scotsman dying and coming back as a ghost is supposed to be funny, not dramatic.
>>
File: edit this.png (658KB, 833x669px) Image search: [Google]
edit this.png
658KB, 833x669px
you know what to do
>>
>>92401429
But it's okay for half an episode to be my waifu fighting XD
>>
>>92399076
Thats not that much.
>>
>>92388494
he said a million times that jacks not the one who defeats him so nothing
>>
>>92388618
>>>92388759
>appeal to authority
And this is why you sheeple will never amount to anything.
>>
>>92401507
>>
File: 1470949959418.png (111KB, 910x780px) Image search: [Google]
1470949959418.png
111KB, 910x780px
>>92401749
It's not, but its still very good thanks anon
>>
>>92401618
There's 20 fucking minutes left you goddamn retard what do you mean it's not that much
>>
>>92394661

are you the finger or the cat?
>>
Okay you know what would've been good?
Oh this would've been fucking amazing:

>Jack and Gaurdian fight
>all the little anon's calling for it get what they want in episode 8/9
>at the last moment as Jack is walking to it, Aku comes in and SMASHES IT with a single blow, laughing all the while afterwards

"Guess I missed one didn't I, Samurai?"

AHHHH HAAAAA HAHAHHAHAHA

The colossal ass pain would have been magnificent.
>>
>>92402273
Okay, I gotta admit, that would have been fucking amazing.
>>
>>92392328
Anon can you tell us what happened to the boy and dog after playing? You at least don't have to cram it into one episode left and I'm kind of hooked on the story.
>>
>>92391500
The episode was pretty great if you ask me. It has some of the best background art of the series, the build up to the fight is wonderful and the fight itself doesn't disappoint, with an ending that made sure fans would remember it for ages and a character nobody has been able to forget. It has everything that makes a great Samurai Jack episode.
>>
>>92392146
It's like we're supposed to get a sense of hopelessness from all the destruction Aku has caused.
>>
>>92394616
I'm happier that they developed Jack and Ashi's romance beyond awkward sexual tension and sucking face. They had a pretty interesting and actually sad conversation about how much Jack misses his home. The music, the animation, the pacing; that scene was wonderful.
>>
>>92388494
Society has fallen too far and gotten too stupid to appreciate classic storytelling done well.>>92388494
>>
Why does everybody keep talking about the Guardian as this overhyped character? He gave us a vague vision in a show with barely any continuity. It's not like Jack was all throughout season 5 going on and on about he wished he had the sword to beat the Guardian and go back to the past or anything. If the Guardian got a mention at all was because he was the only character in the original run who had a connection to future Jack; that's really the only reason. Jack and Aku's reencounter and Ashi's corruption could have taken place literally anywhere else on the planet, but Genndy decided to do it on the Guardian's battleground to make you a favor.
>>
>>92389451
This is whats going to happen. No guardian, just a half-assed appearance by the Scotsman, and maybe he leads an army of nostalgic characters, like the ones Ashi met.
>>
File: rage.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>92401749
RACIST
>>
>>92401507
Edit with the "S" who look like a "B"
>>
File: 1494784698241.jpg (171KB, 899x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1494784698241.jpg
171KB, 899x1301px
>>92401749
I think he meant this!
>>
>>92402886
Man, it was a narrative fuck up.

If you show something like that, people WILL expect that it will be important or meanful, its basic human behavior.
>>
File: 1483042590493.png (440KB, 492x568px) Image search: [Google]
1483042590493.png
440KB, 492x568px
>>92390278
>>92389939
It literally showed Jack's endgame you fucking faggot, this """headcanon""" has been around longer than you've been alive, there's no reason the Guardian shouldn't have come back.
>>
>>92405423
it was a 5 second flash of future Jack
nothing more
why are you people so hellbent on having Samurai Jack end with something everyone saw coming
you already got king jack in the comics
>>
>>92397573

It didn't. Why do you have such a problem ruining other people's enjoyments? See, if you generalize something as retarded as "why can't you admit its bad?" then you have no solid argument.
>>
>Jack going back in time retcons Aku's future
>Aku can't do the same to Jack

???
???????
?
>>
>>92405247
Sure, they expected something like that. It makes sense and I don't blame people for expecting that. But I feel they're letting themselves be blinded by what they wanted rather than what we got. And for what we got, I'm fine with it. Genndy wanted to try a different route for the ending and if you knew from the get go that Jack would return for the past you'd think all that "hope is lost" was just padding. He really was stuck in the future and there's no clear way around it. Still, Genndy bothered to address it in a visual subtle and kind of poignant way before moving on with the story and I think that was the right choice.
>>
>Jack should've become Kang Jack
>When he was destined become Emperor
>>
>>92407534
>his father is called an emperor
>he only had power over a small village
>>
File: Creature Blue.gif (71KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
Creature Blue.gif
71KB, 352x352px
Why didnt Jack ditch Ashi for the superior companion?
>>
>>92406102
That isn't as fun as defeating Jack.

Aku wants to revel in Jack's defeat. He can't revel if Jack was never born or something like that. There'd be no epic journey that Jack goes through to stop Aku, only for Aku to crush the foolish samurai after shredding every last bit of hope he had.
>>
>>92390690
Its filler you eat it with cheese sauce or dip it in something else. Its not a main ingredient
>>
>>92397599
>except the part where Gordon ramsay will never do that cause he's not a faggot like you
>>
>>92391341
Lmfao im gonna laugh my ass off when saturday comes.
This place is gonna be fucking fun.
>>
>>92392509
I fucking lose my shit every time I see this white boi make that face
>>
>>92391950
Werent you the same retard that got btfo when his shit post thread got deleted
>>
How I would have changed things while keeping the core of the season (AshixJack) intact:

>Episode 7 Jack is reinvigorated but doesn't get the sword back
>Episode 8 Jack/Aishi find the guardian is now guarding Jack's sword and will only give it back if he's worthy. He uses a regular sword to fight/defeat guardian. Aishi's mom survives the previous ep and chases her down so she's preoccupied. Both win and kissy wissy at the end.

continue on as normal
>>
>>92399559
nah the didn't make it better either
>>
I'm fucking happy Aku beat The Guardian. If it was the other way around, big blue would be approaching Gary Stu levels.
>>
Eh, either way, fucked is fucked.
>>
>>92408751

No I'm talking about the fact people arguing that Aku defeating the Guardian is not some plausible option.
>>
>>92399897
I wish...
>>
>>92392733
it's couldn't predict shitty writing and jashi nigga
>>
>>92389002
Yes that is a valid argument.
>>
>>92393927
if this shits true i will fucking say that this whole fucking serious is PURE KINO
most likely not but fuck it
>>
How autistic would you have to be to think the end of the series was set in stone after watching the guardian episode? Especially when the original run had so little continuity between episodes. Do you really think this throwaway episode was a definitive declaration of how the series would end? I don't even know what to call that. I said autism, but that's not quite right, it's more like someone who's brand new to television and doesn't understand how anything works even on the level that a child does.
>>
>>92388494
Nothing, /co/'s headcannons were just thrown out the window that's all. Gennedy said he didn't forget about the Guardian, he didn't say he would return.

Ya idjits.
>>
>>92388600
Aren't you the insufferable Shaggyfag?
>>
honestly he might not be dead is he did they would be edgy about it like a skeleton or some shit like that he did fake us out with the white pupper
and it not like a vaporized the nigga without glasses
>>
>>92402273
>colossal ass pain
>everyone gets what they want
>>
>>92402886
>Why does everybody keep talking about the Guardian as this overhyped character?

Because this was fucking cool

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS1mo28G-Ow
>>
>>92399559

Yes
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.