[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CN City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: BlueColorCityEra2004.png (10KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
BlueColorCityEra2004.png
10KB, 250x180px
Let's talk about the CN City era of Cartoon Network.

Where would you rank this era among the others in CN's history? What were some of your favorite shows from this time period of 2004-2007? Any rare CN City bumpers you may have that you'd like to share?
>>
Whoops, meant to put these vids in the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARO2ORQ_ZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVQpUFOXuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGpHW2Uq8g
>>
Everything on that era was great.
TT, Foster's, Bill & Mandy
>>
>>92387727
>Foster's
You know lately I've been seeing more & more people talk about how frustrating the show was, & I never got it. Outside of Bendy, none of the episodes I saw really left me feeling pissed.
>>
Very mixed feelings on this era. I'd say 2004 and the first half of 2005 were really really fucking awesome for CN, but mid-late 2005 is when it started getting a bit mediocre as great shows like Megas XLR and Duck Dodgers dropped like flies and the seeds of rather mediocre or meh shows like Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's a Monkey were planted in their place.

2006 is when the mediocrity became more apparent with Squirrel Boy coming out, the City bumpers being shown less in favor of annoying Cheese and Fred Fred Burger bumps, the Re-Animated movie premiering, and the Cartoon Cartoons being mostly dead. But CN still maintained one more semi-decent year of programming. New episodes of Ed, Edd n Eddy, Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Kids Next Door, Ben 10, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were around, Fridays was still around, there were reruns of Xiaolin Showdown which is one of my favorite shows, some CN City bumpers were still there, and TOM 3 was still on Toonami.

2007 was the "official" beginning of the slump age of CN. The creation of TOM 4 which led to Toonami's downfall, the City bumpers fully ending, Fridays' replacement with with Fried Dynamite, the premiere of Out of Jimmy's Head, the "Fall is Something That Grownups Invented" theme debuting, and CN copying off what Disney Channel and Nickelodeon were doing really hurt them.
>>
>>92387906
Some other episodes made me pissed off like Goofball John mcgee, the Europe one, the alien invasion one where Frankie gets shat on, and the one where Bloo threw a birthday party for Mac. Overall though, it was a pretty good show in my eyes.
>>
>>92386521
Not as great at as Cartoon Cartoon CN
Not as awful as the CN real-Pre AT era
Easily better than the current era
>>
>>92388535
CN looked like they were getting back into shape in 2010-2014, but then Christina miller came along and now the entire network is one big Teen titans go marathon.
>>
>>92388307
END THE FUCKING THREAD
this based anon knows
>>
>>92386521
CN city was comfy as fuck
>>
I'm pissed out of my mind. I used to have a bunch of CN City files saved on my computer that I lost since then.

One of the files contained a promo for a Fridays interview with Robin Williams, a promo for Tony Hawk's boom boom sabotage, a Good wilt hunting Thanksgiving promo, Cartoon Theaters bumps, and some City-era Christmas bumpers.
>>
>>92388779
That sucks. I remember finding a pretty rare Good Wilt Hunting commercial a few weeks back, tho. I'll try & find it.
>>
>>92388307
2009 was the worst year for CN with that "CN real" shit
>>
>>92389038
2008-2009 were the worst years for Cn period
>>
>>92386633
Man, the fucking background music of these bumpers it's what makes it for me. It has such a comfy and nostalgic vibe, like the one that plays when Jack buys a broom.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.