[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just to be clear we can like SU again? There was a period

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1486517313132.jpg (19KB, 294x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486517313132.jpg
19KB, 294x275px
So just to be clear we can like SU again?
There was a period a month or two back when SU was the worst thing to ever happen to humanity but now /co/ seems more chill after that great Final and the next season is looking great with lots id "happenings"
Plus it seems like SJ is now the show you all hate the most for what ever reason.
>>
>>92383254
>So just to be clear we can like SU again?
How about you don't let other people influence what you like
>>
Samurai Jack is very popular right now, so it's more fun to nitpick and contradict.

You'll have your time in the shade until, probably a week or two from now, then it'll be business as usual
>>
>>92383320
I mostly meant /co/ I still like SU from day one.
>>
>>92383254
You have to understand that the concept of steven bombs and the way the plot in the series is structured makes people perpetually blue balled, and go through periods of hype/expectation that always get people's hopes up for it to be the best thing ever.

If it was a weekly show everything would be better. The pacing,w hile not perfect, would be improved. The Filler episodes,w hile not perfect, would be a chill weekly thing, and we'd get to the plot quicker. And It just makes everyone such shit and crabby and hyperbolic.

This is like someone putting in a castration belt and only unlocking it when their wife's husband wants to. It's fucked man. Fuck steven bombs.
>>
>>92383367
Yeah I hate bombs too.
A lot of the filler this season did suck and I don't think the whole show being paced normally would have changed that but I do think bombs are hurting SU.
>>
File: 6d3.png (532KB, 573x1920px) Image search: [Google]
6d3.png
532KB, 573x1920px
>>92383254
I'm having a boring day
I hope your having a fun day
>>
>>92383254
youll always have people who hate your guts for something here no matter what it is someone will call it shit or call you an ass for liking it its best to just be you and tell them "im going to fuck your mom then rape your sister just so you have the pain of me sleeping with your mom raping your sister and breaking your moms heart and i wont even feel bad because they were warped enough to love and care for you you miserable sack of shit"
>>
>>92383254
People who usually come into these threads to call you tumblr faggots obsessing over a show not trying to be deep and will likely be hugely disappointing in the end just don't care anymore. Outside of horrendously bad shows or immensely cancerous fanbases, shows only get massively shit on here for the first few months.
>>
>>92383254
Like The legend of Korra, /co/ will always mostly hate SU. People hating samurai jakc are a vocal minority that expected way too much out of the series for whatever reason. SJ threads are pretty fun and full of discussions, they will end 2 weeks after the final episode is released so you don't have to worry much about it.
>>
yeah SJ is pretty much /co/'s new punching bag right now and it will be like that for this week and several days after it ends.

but give it like a couple of weeks and we will go back to people posting that one Jasper vs Smoky gif and circlejerk with each other about how much they hate the show.
>>
>>92383254
Yeah, we can like SU, but we're not allowed to like you, faggot.
>>
File: 1477384551398.png (50KB, 132x152px) Image search: [Google]
1477384551398.png
50KB, 132x152px
>>92383254
I think think the main problem was that the show went absolutely nowhere, for seasons at a time even. Nothing of importance happened, even the drama became stagnant after Mr. Greg. Combined with the Steven Bombs, it really highlighted the biggest weaknesses of the show. NOW it's finally going somewhere, but it has a lot to live up to. Unless they want people to give up on it entirely, they can't just cop-out of it like they've done every time the status quo is threatened. That's exactly what killed Adventure Time.
>>
>>92383254
Is there some reason we have to choose between obsessively liking it to the point of refusing the idea of it having faults, or obsessively hating to the point of refusing the idea of it having positive aspects?

I'm gonna stick with liking aspects of it while not being into other aspects of it.
>>
>>92383320
this
co never hated su, just some people, lets not assume co is just a huge hivemind, its a large collection of people.
>>
>>92383254
>worst thing ever
don't be so dramatic. SU was never the most anything of anything. It's still a realy good show, it's just clear now it's not quite going to be the game-changer it was shaping up to be. at least, the game it's changing isnt the one we wanted it to.
I've never given any thought to quitting watching it, there are just 3 (i think?) episodes that I absolutely couldnt watch because they were just solid gay gay gay up in yer face, and one more I'll never watch again for sure because holy shit it was awkward and pointless and still extra gay pearl, and also singing and inexplicable loss of money (even though I never rewatch episodes anyway. in fact i never even rewatch my favorite shows anymore, it's weird. i dont understand why. i still get new stuff out of reruns.)
>>
>>92383367
you're completely right but this show is one of the better candidates for bombs being that it keeps doing 55-minute episodes that just break up into five for airing.. but the episodes are completely pointless to watch on their own, they have no beginning or end, just "part 3 of 5"
even 90s spider-man handled episodality better than that.
>>
>>92384568
>for whatever reason
oh come on like you didnt too. this is a guy who did a super innovative show that got canceled after 4 hugely successful seasons when it wasnt DONE YET, and then proceeded to get anally raped by executives for like 10 more years. it's finally back, we had every reason to be super hype.
>>
>>92389823
and the show so far has delivered. sure the first episodes were the best but the quality of the show is still pretty great and i don't see why people are bitching so much about.

we will find out if it all is worth it next week.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.