[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non troll/ Dicksucking Samurai Jack thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 545
Thread images: 98

This is a thread for SJ fans that have had legit gripes with the series so far. If you have nothing but good things to say and think Season 5 has been 10/10 throughout, then keep on walking. This thread isn't for you.

Otherwise, post your criticisms of the season so far and discuss your expectations(if you still have any) of the final episode of this embarrassment.
>>
>You have to be a troll or dicksucker to enjoy the new season

You are THIS mad.
>>
>>92371205
That's not even what he said.
>>
>>92371205
thats not what I meant at all.
>>
How the fuck can they solve the plot with one episode left??
>>
She ruined everything.
>>
>>92371244
Easy.
They rush everything out and resolve the conflict with an ass pul no doubt.
>>
>>92371244
it's literally gonna be this
>ashi overcomes aku's control
>uses her powers to beat aku
>sends jack back in time using her new powers
>scotsman shows up last minutes as a joke because he'll want jack's help to beat aku even though aku has been beaten.
>>
>>92371287
Fuck, I forgot about Scottsman.

I was expecting him and Jack to reunite 2 episodes ago.
>>
Seriously, how is the finale gonna get wrapped up without being rushed as fuck? The Guardian got killed off-screen, the cult still exists and barely explained, Jack's sword is in Aku's grasp, Jack is imprisoned or chained up, and the Scotsman hasn't made his appearance yet.

The finale WILL suck because Genndy had to force Ashi in, if that baboon-headed mary-sue had died with her sisters then we wouldn't have such an unsatisfying ending, and that sucks a lot because the first three episodes were so goddamn good.

>>92371205
Genndy Dick-Sucking Patrol out in full force again.
>>
>>92371255
It wouldn't have been so bad if she had been a character since the earlier seasons, then the build up of all of this would have felt more meaningful rather than just some romantic sub-plot cooked up in the final ten episodes just to end the series.
>>
>>92371229
>What is the thread title
>>
>>92371195
I'm liking season 5. I don't mind Ashi (aside from that weird design choice with her mouth srsly wtf) and I think she could've been inplemented very well, but

Pacing and wuick shifts in tone. Seriously why the fuck did Genndy decide on only 10 fucking episodes.
>>
>>92371341
No where does it say you are a troll/dicksucer if you enjoy the series. You just have low expectations. Like a baby giggling at keys being dangled in his face.

Threads lately have been plagued by retards, like you that immediately jump to the defense of the show and dismiss anyone's criticism as them being "mad" or "virgins" is what I meant.
>>
>>92371347
The number of episodes isn't the problem. Gennedy's writing is.
>>
Well atleast last night's episode explained where her retard strength came from.
>>
File: 1492917030470.png (1013KB, 1586x936px) Image search: [Google]
1492917030470.png
1013KB, 1586x936px
I guess the only problem I have with the show is the realization after the luster of the first three episodes that Samurai Jack never was and never will be as great of a show narratively as it is in it's techniques telling it. It's always been a basic show that made great on it's premise because of it's good direction. Season 5 ain't the best thing ever but for what it is it's been great and it's been fun.

I do think Ashi hate is a little overblown. If you're going to establish a love interest for Jack it's hard to imagine a character better suited for him than her, and the latest episode actually gave their romance a narrative purpose, even if you could've seen it coming from a mile away (but again, I can't call that a bad thing - you could see Jack killing one of the sisters in the second episode coming from a mile away as well and that was fantastic). It's going to have to be someone not established because despite Jack's connections none of them did anything to make his years of suffering easier, and Ashi is just the similar kind of "fucked up" to pull Jack out of his slump - though I will say if the argument is "does Jack even need a love interest" then yeah that's a fair thing to discuss.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>92371347
Showrunners rarely get to decide on the amount of episodes a season gets. It's the channels/companies that pay for the syndication. I'm sure Genndy would've taken 20 episodes if he could but had to make due. If nothing else I think the smaller format avoids bloat and doesn't make it outstay it's welcome, even if it feels like it could've used one or two more episodes considering where we are in the story.
>>
>>92371195
REEEEEE THE SHOW ISN'T DOING THE THINGS I WANT IT TOO WORST SEASON EVER GENDY A HACK
>>
>>92371315
I can't wait for a Gravity Falls-tier disappointing finale that will make everyone hate the show forever
>>
>>92371488
REEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE CRITICIZING MY FAVORIT SHOW GENDDY IS A GOD NO DIFFERENT OPINIONS ALLOWED
>>
>>92371488
>>
I gave up last week.

When I first heard about the Ashi stuff in the leaks after ep. 3 I thought, "that could be interesting." But oh my god how fucking wrong I was. No wonder the first 3 episodes were so good, they completely burnt out.
>>
File: 1493815106854.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493815106854.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>92371508
I thought the Gravity Falls finale was great. But if anything I guess that show and this one reinforces how I guess I expect too little out of shows like this and am not sure what a "satisfying" ending would be - especially after it's been over a decade since this show existed.
>>
File: 45234532452.png (809KB, 1025x536px) Image search: [Google]
45234532452.png
809KB, 1025x536px
>>92371195
All I wanted was to see a conclusion to the Guardian's fight. Just a fair fight before Aku showed up to get the portal.

But Genndy just had to pull the "I destroyed all portals lmao" bullshit and now Jack is stuck fighting Ashi.
>>
>>92371630
Would /co/ have liked the episode more if half of it was dedicated to Jack fighting and then defeating the guardian only to have Aku show up at the last second and destroy the portal?
>Whew, that was a close one! Looks like I missed one. Now THAT was the last portal in existence!
>>
>>92371564
People came down way too hard on the end of GF. it had some cool and surprising shit going for it, not Avatar tier.
>>
File: 3514.png (378KB, 438x500px) Image search: [Google]
3514.png
378KB, 438x500px
>>92371195
Season 5 has been 10/10 throughout.
>>
I feel like everyone complaining about ashi's introduction and the guardian not being around either didn't watch much of the original or has trouble grasping themes and consequence in storytelling.

>Why didn't Jack fight Aku by jumping good last fight?? Jump good was an entire episode and it even ended on a cliffhanger!! I'm dropping this show because they didn't mention jump good!!

That's how it sounds. The guardian would've added nothing tonally to the series except for five minutes of cool fight scenes, and if you included him and his portal you'd have to either write the entire fucking ending around it or have aku crush it at the last second, making even more filler. The story in season 5 is about Jack's continued loss while on his journey as a man out of time, and his development as a person.

Yeah, it would've been EPIC to see guardian and jack face off. It also would've been EPIC to see the haunted house be mentioned, or for jack to fight demongo, or for da samoorai to save jack, or for the scotsman's wheelchair to turn into a fucking mech. None of that shit happened because it adds nothing to the overarching story or theme, and it only distracts from the rest. There's only 10 episodes.

>b-b-b-buh ashi is bad and we could've removed her.

The point of Ashi isn't for shipping and anyone that thinks so after this episode is a fucking gibbering retard. The entire point of Ashi as a concept is to give Jack another thing to lose, and raise actual stakes on him going back to the past. It gives the ending CONSEQUENCE. Now Jack has to choose between staying in the future (and abandoning his family in the past), or going back to kill aku (thereby erasing Ashi and everyone else he knows). It not only adds a way back to the past through Ashi's powers, but also fucking choice in the matter. It's opening up for a more interesting ending.
>>
>>92371682
Then fuck off, no one cares. Its not like you have anything to add to the discussion other than "its good because I like it"
>>
t. tumblr
>>
>>92371347
You know, having nothing bad to say about something is just as constructive as having nothing good to say. You people that "like everything" are what's wrong with western animation.
>>
>>92371510

You don't need to be anywhere close to a god to be much, much better at writing than random 4chan autists are. I don't know why you think you're good enough at storytelling to deserve to criticize it because you're definitely not.
>>
>>92371722
t. asshurt manbaby
>>
File: 45.png (577KB, 625x611px) Image search: [Google]
45.png
577KB, 625x611px
>>92371722
It's good because I like it.
>>
File: ricky_gervais_show_2[1].jpg (10KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
ricky_gervais_show_2[1].jpg
10KB, 180x200px
>>92371287
>A'ight then... so... the pajama wearing knight guy isn't doin' so well 'gainst his enemy, General T'sao.

>an' just like when it feels that all hope is lost, an' he's ready to lose it all, suddenly he's rescued by the one thing he never expected.

>Little monkey lady fellow
>>
>>92371740
>>92371746
Be a little less obvious next time.
Thanks for bumping the thread though
>>
You know i could accept that bu;;shit excuses to get rid of his inner demons hell or that the gods could randomly give jack sword back serology wtf y didn't they help jack in earlier seasons

No when ashi did complete 180 became bullshit romance.No one wanted or the fact she killed her mother with 0 build no pay off and never brought up again no flash backs no explanation how her mother found jack in first place>And if she could jack y didn't she kill him her self years ago.There just few glaring problems you can see after episode 5

p.s dear Jesus the Scotsman death gonna be completely meaningless i know it
>>
>>92371785

>wtf y didn't they help jack in earlier seasons

Why doesn't God help people in real life?
>>
>>92371795
Because he's an asshole and doesn't care about our problems?
>>
>>92371255
Unironically this.
The moment she became a main character there was a clear drop in quality.
>>
>>92371785
The gods are busy dealing with the rest of the thing aku split off from, they cant be fucked wasting any more effort than they have to on like 0.1% of the problem
>>
>>92371854
>>92371785
see
>>92371712
>>
>>92371770
I THINK IT'S A MONKEY WEARING LEDERHOSEN
>>
>>92371872
Theres a reason nobody replied to your post anon.
>>
>>92371216
That's literally what the thread title is.
>>
>>92371924
That wasn't me, but why
>>
>>92371735
What the fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck do you know about what I like dipshit. I'm fucking disinterested in pretty much every fuckinn cartoon that is out today. I just loke the animation medium.
>>
>>92371936
Except its not....
Seriously you people have trouble understanding what OP meant

He's saying that this THREAD is not for trolling or dicksucking the season and throwing nothing but praise at it. You can still enjoy it but criticize some aspects that just were plain bad.
>>
>>92371195
It all feels a bit rushed, like they wanted to hit too many plot points without enough episodes to do it in.
If they had gotten two seasons, it might have felt more natural.
>Have season 5 be episodes 1 through 8, padded out a bit more to be told across 10 episodes, with Scaramouch reaching Aku bumped in.
>Season 6 is more of a half-season, first four episodes spent fleshing out Jack and Ashi's relationship more, sprinkling hints of her latent Aku blood, and Scotsman and his daughters rallying forces, up to today's episode, and then the finale.
>>
>>92371205
You have to be a troll or dicksucker to genuinely think this season is 10/10.

There's tons of flaws. It's a 9/10 at best
>>
>>92371965
Calm down bro its just a prank.
>>
File: Aku.jpg (216KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
216KB, 900x1165px
>>92371195
I like to think that Ashi is the last portal. Between her legs lies a vagina-sized portal to the past.
Imagine the epic battle:
>Aku and Jack fight in the past
>Aku tears open portal and hurls Jack into the future
>Suddenly a small portal slit opens on the past battle field
>Jack's dick starts thrusting in and out of the past
>Ashi's pussy portal is tied to the same point of time, so every time they fuck another portal slit appears on the past battlefield and Jack's cock starts thrusting in and out
>Aku in the past is left in the fetal position, sobbing as countless samurai cocks start appearing out of thin air and thrust in and out of reality
>It only ends one Aku is covered in a heavy layer of the Jack's salty leavings
>Bukkaku
>WHATCHA!
>>
>>92371381
Yeah I do think his writing is passable -mediocre but I didn't watch the original show just for writing. I liked the visuals, slow-pace, blah blah blah people have said it before.
I think he and his crew could've made the story work. Change certain things and have better thought in pacing.
>>
File: kenshiro-versus-tank-01.gif (3MB, 361x271px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro-versus-tank-01.gif
3MB, 361x271px
>>92371195
Season 5 has a bunch of issues in my eyes.

>Being limited to 10 episodes already put a strain on what could be shown in the air time they had
>10 episodes however could of easily done a Jack redemption vs Aku story
>Instead we get 3 episodes which built it up really well before then trailing off to a character we barely knew.
>Aku taking a back seat was a terrible choice
>Ashi wasnt a terrible choice, however there was no way to develop her outside of her taking up Jacks or Aku's screen time, a choice which many fans hate.
>As a whole, the story feels rushed and lacking
>Animation wise is a mixed bag.
>Some scenes look stunning while others lack the depth and style of the orignal 4 seasons.
>The action in season 5 is a step down compared to the pervious 4 seasons, still good however.
>Character design is still good
>The way they draw some characters are a little off, Jack looks alot more bland in Season 5 once he was redeemed looking slightly off from his old self.
>Ashi looks like a goddamn monkey when drawn profile

>The biggest problem is pacing
>Alot of elements you'd expect to be fleshed out are abruptly ended and alot of elements you'd expect to end just seem to keep going on.

Even with all these issues, I still like season 5 even if it was lacking in areas.
>>
File: Aku is not amused.png (275KB, 840x594px) Image search: [Google]
Aku is not amused.png
275KB, 840x594px
>>92371712
>It's a "The Protagonist suddenly abandons the point of their entire quest because of the newly established literally-who/mary-sue/love-interest character" plot twist
>>
>>92371195
This and Sym-bionic Titan show that for all that he's good at, Genndy is not good at sequential long form storytelling. The Ashi shit should've played out over two seasons for instance and been a slower burn.
>>
File: 1491659483943.jpg (340KB, 1200x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1491659483943.jpg
340KB, 1200x1146px
>>92372041
>could of
>>
>>92372078
god damnit, don't respond to it
>>
>>92371374
you're literally proving the point faggot
>>
>doing the jashi episode RIGHT before the episode where aku manipulates jashi to win
as a daughterfag i don't really care that jashi exists but i wish it were developed before the LOL INNUENDOS episode. i probably would've preferred if that episode was scrapped and the romance was developed naturally throughout a series of episodes + more time would've been given to smooth things out a little more. i kind of get why the writers would go for this kind of thing but with the way it is it feels shallow and arbitrary. i dunno.
>>
>>92372104
>good points in that post
>IT'S TROLLING YOU CAN'T LIKE ASHI

>>92372078
That's also not what he says nor is that what happened in the show
>>
>>92371712
>Why didn't Jack fight Aku by jumping good last fight??

I find this complaint funny because he never jumped good in the original series, except once to beat the Scotsman at a challenge.
>>
>>92371327
Part of the problem was doing that retarded 50 year time skip. Make it 5 years and that works just as fine. Jack's not too old now and it still gives you the opportunity to meaningfully use previous characters. That princess from the episode with the mercenary group would've been much better in Ashi's role as a female partner for Jack and would've been a lot more believable as a romantic partner.
>>
>>92372113
Nah.
Take your bait somewhere else. There's dozens of threads where you can be an epik troll and pretend to be retarded
>>
WEB-DL FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>92372094
You implying thats what we got?

He had it just be Jack and Aku with Jack believing in himself in order to stand up to The Omen by himself, Without the Daughters of Aku clogging up the episodes, there would be more than enough time for other stuff to be fleshed out.
>>
>>92371475
Genndy himself said he only wanted 10 episodes.
>>
>>92372170
no anon, he's merely pointing out your grammatical mistake
>>
>>92372133
It literally did happen though. He dropped his sword and refused to fight back against Ashi/Aku for a character that has only been his ally for 5 out of 62 episodes.
>>
>>92372180
Ah, sure sucks english not being my native tongue. How is it meant to be spelt?
>>
>>92372137
That was my point, anon. There's numerous things in old jack like the guardian that were never mentioned again because it was an episodic series. If you're pissed off because "the guardian should've returned!!" then why aren't you pissed off about the dozen other plot threads that might be relevant and won't return either? The Guardian wasn't a special episode. It was just the one a lot people decided to hype up because it had a cool ending.
>>
>>92372216
it's "could have". as a contraction it's "could've" which sounds like "could of" but the latter is just wrong. it's a common mistake.
>>
>>92372189
What the fuck were you expecting? Samurai Jack the 70 year old virgin noblebright murdering the girl he likes? That would've been completely out of character.
>>
>>92372189
>suffers massive breakdown from losing the sword
>hope is lost
>meets a girl who helps him
>finally recovers
>oh shit she's aku
>AGAIN

what did you expect?
>>
>>92372041
This
>>
>>92371630
We don't always get what we want
>>
If Jack doesnt get a happy ending I will hunt Genny down by myself.
>>
>>92372078
It's a catalyst for everything else, anon. Why the hell did you think there was an entire journey montage of them revisiting all the people he helped find peace in the series? If he kills aku in the past all of those people get erased from time, too, but you can't just pull that moral dilemma out from thin air at the end.

So you go: Ashi is part of aku > Killing Aku in the past will cause Ashi to never exist > Jack feels like that's tantamount to killing > Killing Aku in the past will kill everyone he's ever known and saved for the past 50 years

It adds interesting conflict to the ending. Making a moralistic and redeemed Jack choose between what's essentially a 4th dimensional trolley problem is a lot more interesting than just killing aku and right into the happy ending.
>>
>>92372319
ashi dies anon
happy endings are for faggots
>>
>>92372353
I dont care about Ashi

I just want Jack to be happy one way or another
>>
>>92371682
>>92371722
>>92371746
>I read this in their voices
GET OUT OF MY HEAD

or bring back dan vs
>>
>>92372365
good part is that jack gets back to the past
>>
>>92372143
It's the funniest place to take bait, seeing how infantile your responses are

>N-n-no one disagree with me, I want my hugbox intact REEEEEEEE
>>
>>92371739
>durr, you're not as good as the chef, you have no right to criticize he burnt your food!

You're a retard, please give yourself a vasectomy so you can't pass your stupidity into your offsprings.
>>
>>92371195
This season has been a legit 10/10 though. What is this place where you don't want to see opposing views now, Reddit?
>>
>>92371682
No, it's objectively not, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself.
>>
>>92372460
>saying anything is a 10/10
Idiot.
>>
File: dick portals.png (37KB, 675x386px) Image search: [Google]
dick portals.png
37KB, 675x386px
>>92372029
>WHATCHA!
Okay, that one got me
>>
>>92372479
But it's true.
>>
File: IMG_7485.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7485.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>92371729
>anyone who doesn't like the same things I do is a dumblr bogeyman!!!
>>
>>92372486
It's good, but it's got too many issues pacing-wise to be a real 10/10. I'd give it a 7 (using 5 as the average score).
>>
>>92372485
Holy shit, my sides
>>
>>92372347
This exists with our without ashi. Spending 4 episodes on her, when they could have spent 2 fleshing out the world 50 years later, showing jack the fruits of his work would create the same dilemma.
>>
>>92372486
So you believe this has been nothing but perfect story telling and animation.
>>
File: 1482295318889.jpg (45KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1482295318889.jpg
45KB, 550x550px
>>92371682
Naw dude, it's hot garbage. Genndy should do everybody a favor and take his fat ass back to Russia. This whole season was a rushed hack job mess.
>>
Missed last night's episode, can someone give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>92372486
I miss when trolls actually put effort into their shitposts instead of deliberately acting retarded.
>>
>>92372437

Why would a good chef burn your food? Wouldn't he at least notice it before it got to you?
>>
File: 1461972531873.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1461972531873.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>92371195
I don't hate Ashi but did Jack really have to go full retard over a chick he just met like 2 episodes ago.

I can get he's not into killing innocents but it's basically his life purpose. Get your shit together.

Also after thinking Episode 8 was a pile of shit I thought Episode 9 was quite good. The Guardian got retconned but that was sort of inevitable. It started off really slow, with more of that hehe girls humour but then it picked up since Jack actually met Aku and something happened with Ashi.

Did you guys dislike Episode 9? Why? I thought it was fine, and though there are a lot of loose ends I sort of think it can be tied together. If the Guardian can be killed off in a scene then other things can be quickly wrapped up too.

I will say the since Episode 4 the fight scenes have been shit. I thought we'd get the Guardian this episode and get something cool but nope. Also, who was that little black figure that told Ashi where Jack was on her search for him a few episodes ago? Irrelevant?
>>
>>92372460
Reddit is literally the only place, besides KnowYourMeme, that considers Season 5 a 10/10. Go back to your shithole.
>>
>>92371433
>even if you could've seen it coming from a mile away
You know the weird thing is at it was happening I wondered to myself, "How did I not see this coming from a mile away?".
Really weird, didn't see many people on /co/ call it either
>>
File: 1489965203793.png (152KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1489965203793.png
152KB, 409x409px
>>92372437

>using "offsprings" as the plural for offspring
>calling other people stupid
>>
>>92372552
>Blue time portal guy is dead
>Jacks bitch is revealed to be Akus daughter
>Jack surrenders sword to Aku in order to avoid killing her.
All in all nothing happened.
>>
>>92372526
The storytelling was enjoyable and the animation has no bearing since I'm pretty sure not everyone here is an expert in that field.
>>
>Aku calls TimeOut
>Jack abides

Why is he such a retard? And when he was first fighting Ashi he should have just incapacitated her
>>
>>92372522
I definitely agree that they could've shortened it down and added more of jack roaming around, but I feel like Ashi's presence does add to it. Having that conflict personified adds more weight to the choice, especially for Jack - who's noble to a fault.
>>
>>92372607
Im surprised Jack didn't just knock her out or something and then deal with Aku. Was he so in love with her he didn't even want to do that?
>>
>>92372411
>calls this thread a hugbox
>the entirety of /co/ had nothing but Ashi appreciation threads for weeks since she had a bath because people not liking their waifus hurts their feelings

Wow, either your cognitive dissonance is strong or you're a huge dumbass.
>>
>>92371785
>she killed her mother with 0 build no pay off
I honestly don't see much issue with this. Her mother wasn't really connected to her
>>
Episode 10 will end and they'll announce a "surprise" of 3 extra episodes.
>>
>>92372559
I miss when autistic people were rare back in the 90s instead of being common place in internet hang outs today who can't tolerate different views
>>
File: IMG_7483.jpg (78KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7483.jpg
78KB, 720x529px
>>92372593
>>
How the fuck is this going to be wrapped up in one episode without it being rushed garbage?

Fuck you Genndy and fuck your waifu garbage
>>
>>92372634
The irony in your post is so fucking thicc I can practically cut into it
>>
>>92372619
I think the only argument is that he wanted her to fight it herself without hurting her

Still daft though. Aku shows himself after 50 years and you just let him play you like a fool. Even let him have a timeout.
>>
>>92372652

>typo

No, a typo is when you accidentally hit a key, not when you're too retarded to know "offsprings" isn't a word. The S key isn't anywhere near the G key.
>>
>>92372623
Her mother shaped her entire childhood, anon, wrecking the things she liked and turning her and her sisters into joyless socially inept killers, and was the cause for her sisters being killed as they gave Jack no choice thanks to her raising of them into machine girls. Pretty strong antagonistic connection.
>>
File: 1488233959040.jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488233959040.jpg
28KB, 540x540px
>>92372347
>Ashi is part of Aku
>This means she can open portals as well
>She reverts to being good for one more time due to some Bullshit ex Machina
>Sends Jack back in time to finish the job
>>
>>92372634
I know! I'm glad you described how everyone feels about you, you brave autistic soul.
>>
>people complaining about a cartoon character having a cartoonish profile
can someone help me understand? It gives her a defined outline/shadow. It's interesting. Especially now that her hair is boring.
>>
>>92372656
Jack converts ashi back, she kills aku. Look at me, I am the aku now. But I'm good. Sends Jack back to the past, and rights the wrongs of her father. Jack kills aku in the past.
>>
>>92371195
My main complaint since the beginning has been Greg Baldwin, I've never liked his impression of Mako. I know its an unfair comparison, Mako being just an iconic actor and Greg Baldwin being a sentient mr potatohead, but its almost impossible to ignore. Even during the Avatar I would dread anytime Greg Baldwin was brought in, since his best imitation of an old japanese wizard is something that sounds closer to someone's drunk uncle pretending to have a mexican accent on cinco de mayo. Fortunately the season's been saved by the fact that Aku hasn't had much dialogue this season.
>>
>>92372682
Yeah, they had a little talk about it but it happened in the heat of the moment while Ashi's Mum was trying to kill Jack. Would it really fit for a 5 minute exposition scene before they battle?

In the end Ashi killed her, pretty quickly sure but it happened and isn't that all there is to it? She didn't feel any connection to her sisters, it wouldn't make much sense for her to mourn or be resentful after the fact since it's just as much about her moving on from her past and being a new person
>>
>>92372719
I would have prefered Tom Kenny voicing Aku but just doing his best Flying Dutchman impression.
>>
>>92372676
>grrrr you're retarded for adding an extra letter, your aggravating my autism hard!!!!!

Really, you have nothing else to say besides an "S" offending you? Man, talk about latching into the pettiest shit.
>>
File: IMG_1175.jpg (54KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1175.jpg
54KB, 509x720px
The only flaw the show has is less breathing room than the original, if you told the EXACT same story in 12-15 episodes it would be perfect.

As it stands it gets done what it needs to and handles the faster pace very well, I don't judge it by my headcanon and the actual plot is good so, yeah, I really like it.
>>
>>92372714
I said without it being garbage

If it isn't Jack beating Aku then it's all for nothing
>>
File: Greg_baldwin.jpg (49KB, 342x513px) Image search: [Google]
Greg_baldwin.jpg
49KB, 342x513px
I don't get it. He did such a fine job with Uncle Iroh. Why does his new Mako voice suck so much? He's making it all raspy and ragged on purpose which is more detrimental to Aku's voice than an improvement.
>>
By the way, the anon will eat the bait and sperg harder, mark my words.
>>
>>92372709
>typical "I know you are but what am I" unoriginal response from an autist

Nothing wrong with having autism anon, just don't go thinking your opinion is worth a shit
>>
>>92372751

Well, if you want more feedback, you also use "into" when you should be using "onto:"

>>92372437

>pass your stupidity into your offsprings

>>92372751

>talk about latching into the pettiest shit.

Also to be fair you're making it sound like there were two posts about "offsprings" when it was really one post about "offsprings" and one post explaining to you the difference between a typo vs. just being an idiot.
>>
>>92372756
Gennedy don't care. The point will be to show that Jack's noble actions of sparing ashi will bear fruit just like with everything else.
>>
File: Thank you.webm (367KB, 888x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Thank you.webm
367KB, 888x1048px
>>92371195
Jack giving up his sword is incredibly contrived.
A lot of things have been but this just seems like it was forced in to set up something else rather than intelligently written in.

>I can't kill [Innocent]
>I will give up my sword I just got back after 50 years like the retard that I am

Now, you'll argue that oh, it was the only way to stop the fighting. No, I don't think it was since Aku commanded the stop before. On top of that, as soon as Aku heard Jack lost his sword he went straight to meet him, presumably to kill him. Now he's lost his sword and Aku leaves him be?

Also glad you made this thread because it seems like the only place to get actual discussion rather than pretending everything is perfect and everyone who had concerns is just wrong and doesn't get it
>>
File: 1494731867744.png (248KB, 644x398px) Image search: [Google]
1494731867744.png
248KB, 644x398px
I figured The Guardian either wouldnt be there, or the fight would be so fast it wouldn't feel right. I mean, cmon guys, it only has 1 more episode to it.
>>
>>92372789

>everyone who had concerns is just wrong and doesn't get it

That's actually the case though.
>>
>>92372778
Just ignore the guy. You may be right in that he has autism.
>>
>>92372773
i honestly couldn't look past the voice acting, it bothered me a lot this episode, and episode 2 wold be so much better if it wasn't for the intro with aku
it's one of my only complaints with the season so far, but there really isnt anything that can be done about it
>>
Like most others said, show took a nosedive after 3 or 4 episodes. Dumb, dumb, dumb awful episode in 7. Kinda went up in 9, overall the show for me has been a 5/10. I just want closure now. Nothing really to look forward to.
>>
File: 1321904710076.jpg (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1321904710076.jpg
47KB, 200x200px
I was fine with everything up till the shitshow that was episode 8, that immediately soured my view on the season and Ashi's character hard. The number of episodes centered on Ashi and how the Scotsman, an established fan-favorite character lacked any screentime and was just jokingly killed off earlier suddenly felt like some sort of disrespect, like they were more interested in writing some crappy fanfic instead of a proper follow-up to the series.

Episode 9 wasn't too bad and the guardian's death doesn't really bother me since it was already stated early on Aku had destroyed all portals, but I can see why people would get angry considering all the other negative aspects of the season so far along with how the guardian's fate had been portrayed.

I don't have much expectations for the last episode considering how many loose ends they have left. All this is just my shitty opinion though, I don't even watch western cartoons these days.
>>
>Jack doesn't fight or beat the Guardian

That actually pisses me off
>>
File: rape time.jpg (215KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
rape time.jpg
215KB, 1024x764px
>>92372752
Go away Genndy
>>
>>92372797
Alot of people actually speculated that to be the case before the episode aired.

The Guardian's voice actor wasn't even listed for the episode and you know Aku did say he destroyed every single last portal.
>>
>>92372789
>t of things have been but this just seems like it was forced in to set up something else rather than intelligently written in.
>>I can't kill [Innocent]
>>I will give up my sword I just got back after 50 years like the retard that I am
Except you are missing the point, that's not the reason.

He lost the sword because he let himself consume by despair and guilt on failing to rescue his familly and country. Killing the sheep didn't help, but it was more due to the fact that he had lost all hope.
>>
>>92372789
>Jack himself states that his sword literally cannot injure those who are pure of heart
>The sword slices through Ashi like a hot knife through butter
Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>92371430
i knew she was empowered by aku exactly because of that ridiculous scene. the electricity one was also forced but the army one went overboard.
>>
>>92372822
>Dumb, dumb, dumb awful episode in 7
8 was worse than 7, no? Wasn't 7 where Jack got his sword back? It wasn't that bad, just a bit rushed and SUPER ASHI
>>
>>92372832
After SJ is over im done with western animation as a whole. Just will watch big time movies from Disney/Pixar or Dreamworks and that's it. Everything else well, ill just fill the void with anime or something.
>>
>>92372041
>The action in season 5 is a step down compared to the previous 4 seasons, still good however.
>Character design is still good
I disagree with both of these statements
>>
File: IMG_8126.jpg (270KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8126.jpg
270KB, 900x948px
>>92372785
Wow, you have no single sense of irony, do you? You do realize that a common rule on the internet states that if you start correcting grammar instead of countering points, you are indirectly admitting to losing the argument?

I know that Ashi waifufags are retarded beyond scale, but this is sad. Funny, yet sad.
>>
>>92372789
>>92372857
>He lost the sword because he let himself consume by despair and guilt on failing to rescue his familly and country. Killing the sheep didn't help, but it was more due to the fact that he had lost all hope.

You're missing my point. I'm obviously not talking about when he first lost his sword. I'm talking about the last episode. He refuses to kill Ashi, fine.
Does that mean he should throw his sword on the ground and let it be taken away after 50 years taken to get it back?

>>92372858
If Aku is in her she's not really in pure form tbf
>>
So with that portal destroyed, does that mean the image of king Jack got retconned??
>>
I still haven't watched past the third episode. Mostly because I saw the awful romance coming when Ashi survived, and mostly because there's only so much Tara Strong I can take
>>
I don't get how they're going to tie up all of the loose ends in 22 minutes but I guess we'll see.
>>
>>92372832
Literally all of this to a T, just a bit more annoyed by the Guardian's death being made off-screen and no further explanation than broken glasses.
>>
>>92372906
Not necessarily.
If the leaks about the last episode are true, then Jack won't return to the past and save his people. He'll stay in the future, rebuild the world that Aku has destroyed becoming a new king.
>>
>>92372939
There aren't that many
>Scotsman
Probably a camo or something coming at the opportune time
>Jack gets free from Aku's grasp
Probably within first 5 mins
>Ashi
Either turns to good somehow or is hurt or whatever, her arc ends
>Aku gets killed
Not a drawn out fight I guess
>Jack either returns to the past or doesn't
2 or 3 minutes of closure from internal dialogue I guess

It does seem a bit much but with how the show handles some things a lot of it could just be glossed over
>>
>>92371244
easy

season (current season) + 1
>>
>They weren't his actual daughters, they were a metaphor.
>Their skin was just dirty with burnt coal, they're not actually Aku's essence
>Gendy: Hol'd hol'd up my slav, SHE IS the essence of Aku, that's why Aku can control her.
>She is a literal daughter (of AKU) and not just a metaphor.
Make up your fucking mind, Gendy!

By the way everyone on /co/ from episodes 2-3 owes me an apology.
>They were lightning blaze fast and the next episode they lost in mere seconds, some daughters of the shogun of sorrow they are.
>Lol they were on their periods, this is true canon.
>Lol anon they weren't the literal daughters of Aku, they didn't have his powers or any special abilities
>They weren't superhumans, they weren't magical hellspawn of evil.
>They were just dumb cultists pretending they're the descendants of evil. xxdee
>yeah just dumb cultists, dumbasses weren't even thought what a male and female deers are.
You were saying?
>>
>Genndy says it will be a tearjerker
>(to him at least) Jack being forced to kill Ashi is a tearjerker

Here's hoping
>>
File: moida.webm (3MB, 782x440px) Image search: [Google]
moida.webm
3MB, 782x440px
>>92372565
>Did you guys dislike Episode 9? Why?
plz most of this thread is geared more towards the Season
>>
>>92373053
Where was it ever stated it was a metaphor?
>>
File: 1346287903103.jpg (384KB, 922x614px) Image search: [Google]
1346287903103.jpg
384KB, 922x614px
>>92373065
I'm looking forward to a "bittersweet" ending too.
>>
>>92373053
I loved Jack beating their asses and three first episodes, but people actually had those arguments? Man, I didn't know apologists of this season existed that long.
>>
>>92371195
I just know I'm going to feel dissatisfied, literally 13 years have gone by since the last episode, and then they expect ten episodes to do the series justice, they bring in a new character Ashi and make Jack fall in love with her only to literally end the series two episodes later. I just don't want the story to end yet.
>>
>>92371823
No because to God you are an insect and the warring of ant colonies is no concern to us.
>>
So, I basically participated in the discussions threads only during the first three episodes, and I stopped after that, still following the show. I have to admit, I am in the camp of those that aren’t happy with the results. I don’t know what I wanted, but the trailer and the first three episodes, promised something that is not what the rest of the series gave me.

The first 3 episodes where GOAT material. They had everything I liked from the original show (great fights, lots of tension, but still humor, and zany villains), but coated in the more artistic/mature paintjob that adultswim provided. The underground graveyard scene had me literally on the edge of my seat, heart thumping, and the fact that Jack massacred the daughters like that in the span of a few minutes was both awesome and shocking... honestly, for 0.1 seconds I thought they actually killed them all, It would’ve been like the old show, where they spend an entire episode building up the villains only for Jack to fuck them up in a second (the bounty hunters and the yeti with the ice sword), only made bigger and longer. Of course, the 0.1 second after Jack falls down as well, so of course Ashi was gong to survive.

Then it changed. I don’t want to go and say it changed for the worst, if people like how it went down, I’m happy for them, but the first three episodes and the rest of the series look, and feel like they belong from two entirely different shows.

Fact is, I honestly stopped watching after episode 7, and don’t feel like I missed much.
>>
>>92371195
Why did Jack give up his sword again?
>>
>>92372989
I think this episode implied there's nothing for jack to go back to. It seemed to suggest jack already lost his family before aku sent him into the future, so him sticking around isn't the end. I think all the family stuff prior was about duty, not about being with them again. So maybe.
>>
>>92372485
Bukkaku got me.
>>
>>92373159
because Genndy doesn't want his waifu to get hurt.
>>
File: 1435353131980.gif (525KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1435353131980.gif
525KB, 500x342px
>>92372773
>>92372819
The sad part is he does a completely passable Mako laugh but that fucking cheesy Russian accent...
>>
File: 1493347956524-mu.jpg (236KB, 1600x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1493347956524-mu.jpg
236KB, 1600x1561px
I think it would have been better if Ashi was introduced in the first episode as Jack's apprentice/acquaintance. The whole "Aku's Daughters" subplot could still exist or be replaced with generic henchmen since Ashi's connection to the cult is a whole load of nothing.

She could still be Aku's daughter, but introducing her in the first ep and moving the "Jack's missing" to the point were he killed the sisters would have been more in character, and would have saved a couple episodes (the one were they are swallowed by a giant monster and the one where Jack proves he's good).

Establishing her as a character would also make the sexual tension between them and the whole "she restored his hope" a little bit more organic, in my opinion.
>>
>>92371255
I agree, but not because I dislike the character, they make the whole new season revolve around this brand new character, and then just when you finally get to know her they end it. Just feels rushed.
>>
>>92372627
If extra episodes were added it seems very likely there might be an "episode 10 part 2" scenario
>>
>>92372897

You're the one who ignored the argument:

>>92372561

>Why would a good chef burn your food?

No replies. You chose to reply to the posts about how stupid you are instead.
>>
>>92373148
Also, I want to add: Episode 6. Why? It was nothing but nostalgia bait... why do that? Samurai Jack is back for the first time after a decade, that's more than enough nostalgia if you ask me.
>>
>>92371287
Honestly I think this will be more accurate
>aku kills ashi
>then aku
>then guardian comes out of nowhere, it was actually a ruse to make Jack think all hope was lost
>let's jack go back in time and kill aku then
>kills past aku
>he meets a girl who looks and acts exactly like ashi months later
>>
I am still a bit sour about the lack of sex between jack and ashi. They did deserve some rest before everything went to hell.
Besides, pregnancy is a cool plot point to test jacks moral. Plus i think aku would love the idea of raising jacks kid to be super evil, just like his grandpa.
>>
>>92373305
>aku kills ashi
>then aku
Aku killing himself would be pretty cool too I guess
>>
>>92373305
That would kinda spit on her entire character.
The whole point of her and Jack being in love is that they pulled eachother out of despair.
>>
File: 2768193-55gsmmd.jpg (58KB, 624x513px) Image search: [Google]
2768193-55gsmmd.jpg
58KB, 624x513px
I thought only a few episodes had some pacing/tonal issues and I wanna say that was 4, 5, and 7. Other than that it's what I kind of wanted and maybe a better scope of what was originally supposed to be the movie they were gonna do to end the series. I also think people are being overly dramatic about it's "faults" but it's 4chan and that's what most of you faggots do.
>>
>>92373330
I was praying for it because I knew it would ensure her safety, the second the episode started wiped all that away though.
>>
>>92373330
>El Tigre: Samurai Jack edition
No thanks.
>>
This has to be one of the worst cases of quality drop I've ever seen in a series. The first three episodes were jaw-dropping, but everything after that slowly turned to lukewarm shit.

I'm not sure if it's Ashi or the pacing or whatever, but something clearly went wrong around the 5th episode.

I hate to be your typical /co/ntrarian, and I'm really, really hoping the series finale will be good, but I have the deep sense that I'm going to be deeply disappointed.

Anyone else feel the same way?
>>
File: IMG_1178.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1178.gif
581KB, 500x375px
Well, my mirror thread to this got deleted by mods, so I guess I can't respect your wishes.

Season 5 has been amazing, 99% of complaints can come down to "muh headcanon"

The show is different but it needed to be to tell a story, if it was like the original series hardly anything would get done in ten episodes.

The show is fast paced, but it does everything right with what Genndy wants to tell. Only legit complaint is the occasional animation error.
>>
>>92373473
While I don't agree with your post, at all, I didn't think your thread should have been deleted.
Probably was for the best though since you made it specifically to contrast this one, which comes off as shit posting.
>>
>>92373470
I'm keeping my expectations low for the finale so that if it does suck it won't hurt as much.
>>
>>92372858
Ashi is not pure of heart lmfao
>>
>>92373470
The 3 first episodes were the outliners, not the rest of the series. Its been always a cool but flawed monster of the week light hearted series, and it wanst going to change.
Punished jack exists to justify the existance of ashi in the series.
>>
>>92373494
Yeah, I figured a little blood in the water would be the only way to get the fish to bite, otherwise it would have died of natural causes.

Oh well. I'm sad to see so many people here disappointed, but I'm having a great time.

Good thing the normies like it at least so more risks will be funded at AS and CN.
>>
>>92372085
What was wrong with Symbiontic Titan?
>>
>>92372384
How do you know that?
>>
>>92373527
>my waifu isn't pure of heart
THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS
>>
File: IMG_1088.jpg (107KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1088.jpg
107KB, 1024x657px
I hope after the success of this (highest rated show every night it airs besides occassionally a ballgame) Genndy gets to do something original he want to do in 2D.
>>
File: 678.jpg (161KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
678.jpg
161KB, 1280x758px
Does anyone else get this wave of nostagia every time the Scaramouche's sub-plot is brought up?
Dunno why, but his quest to reach Aku feels just like the original show. Even the music manages to give off those nostalgic vibes.
>>
>>92373148
>>92373256
I feel the exact same way about everything you just said
I just wanted it to be Jack being hunted by crazy bounty hunters and such, like in the old show.
>>
>>92372719
I didn't have a problem with the voice in the other episodes, but this was really awful.
>>
>>92373177
But seriously why give your sword up for that? Couldn't he just refuse to fight, rather than turn his journey to shit?
>>
>>92373627
Fucking this, I want Genndy to make a fucking anime
Though I don't want more symbiotic titan, I'd like to see what else he could come up with.
>>
>>92373470
I don't think it's as significant as you say but the first 3 were much better
>>
File: tmp_21244-images-676725569.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21244-images-676725569.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Ashi is a good character and a good addition to the plot, but the time that her arc demanded really should have been given a few extra episodes. That's not really the fault of the writers, they have to have the series arc basically written by the time the show's getting pitched. This is the network at play.

I wasn't sure where they were going with her at first aside from love interest/waifu bait, but now that Aku has her hostage like this it's pretty clear.

She's literally the only person who can have much in common with the samurai, seeing as they were both raised to be assassin warrior autists. Killing an innocent, especially one willing to lay down her life, especially the only person someone as fucked as Jack can connect with would be one of those character shattering moments.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but if it does, it's going to be used to drive home that Jack's quest is effectively striving for thousands of years worth of omnicide, including everyone he's ever saved or befriended.

It's an interesting dilemma, and I'm actually pretty excited to see how they're going to resolve it. For the first and only time in the series, Jack is going to have to sacrifice one of his ideals. There's no noble self sacrificing option to this, one way or another his choice is going to kill a shitload of people, many of whom he loves.

As long as they present it properly in the final episode, it doesn't really matter to the quality of the story which choice Jack makes. Ashi was still at worthwhile investment in the plot, shoehorning and all.
>>
>>92373714
I'm wondering the same thing as well, why give up your only shot at killing the world's biggest tyrant just to avoid killing a possessed woman who wanted you to kill her anyway?

Seriously, what a shitty cliffhanger.
>>
>>92373256
Disagree. Episode 6, while obviously being fanservice, is still extremely important and the sort of throwback that actually fit the narrative, in this case Jack's legacy in Aku's world. It was a bit heavy handed, but considering the setup, it would have been weird as fuck to not have this.

I wish the main problems of Jack's psyche weren't so rushed like this, though. Their ends seemed to be more than an afterthought that was in the way of the Ashi / Jack relationship to develop rather than the integral part they were in the beginning.
>>
>>92372619
Ashi's skill rivals Jack's. He was able to block her strikes, and probably could have killed her, but a non-lethal takedown without risking her life wasn't really an option.
>>
>>92372719
>>92373707
I would have liked them to just change his voice to something noticeably different.
And I find it hard to believe there's not another aku impersonator out there.
>>
>>92373256
>Episode 6. Why?
For the people who don't want to watch 4 entire seasons to catch up. It summarized them pretty well, and it taught Ashi about Jack and Aku. So, that's why.
>>
>>92372603
>you can't say the food was nasty if you can't do better yourself
not him but fuck i hate this mentality
>>
>watching western animation in current millennium
You only have yourselves to blame.
>>
People keep focusing on the first three episodes, but honestly I thought that the quality extended all the way through Ashi's redemption, her search for Jack and seeing all the good he's done, and Jack's recovery from his broken state and recovery of the sword. While they were "less perfect," after those first three, I still thought they were pretty brilliant and a great resolution for the situation we were initially presented with, and just overall good Samurai Jack episodes through and through.

That being said, the last two episodes have been really strange, and its not because of the romance or the rushed pacing. The tone, atmosphere and style of everything feels like it's shifted dramatically, its almost like a different show from the episodes of this season that came before, perhaps even ALL of Samurai Jack that came before. Its not any one factor, certainly not Ashi as some kind of fulcrum point of all badness, its the sum-total of the parts suddenly FEELING different, and not in a "This weeks episode is about Jack trying to get new shoes," way. They just suddenly lacked things that the show always had in spades even right up to the one that came right before them: atmosphere, gravitas, and thematic weight backing up the things that were happening. Just like an old Samurai movie

I'm not getting pessimistic about the finale, but I'm not going to begrudge people who have problems with the last two episodes because they were weird, unengaging and stand in stark contrast to the previous quality. That said, heaping all the blame for that on Ashi's presence/character/story is foolish.
>>
File: unsure.png (173KB, 499x525px) Image search: [Google]
unsure.png
173KB, 499x525px
Felt kinda "haha they kissed ewww" childsplay when Jack started spitting after they kissed, like he'd normally just back away, wipe his mouth of with his arm, clear his throat and stutter about being sorry.

Nah he's spitting up the kiss because that was so gross lmao isn't that funny
>>
>>92372138
>not 13 years
>>
>>92371195
I've despised the season so far but did enjoy the most recent episode.

My enjoyment will stop if Ashi somehow survives thanks to "the power of love."

She needs to die, preferably at Jack's hands.
>>
I can't believe they did the "why did you leave?" "ugh i'm not going anywhere!" shit. Like as soon as she woke up she was pissed at him that he wasn't in direct line of sight.
>>
File: 1298274064071.gif (430KB, 100x99px) Image search: [Google]
1298274064071.gif
430KB, 100x99px
Wait. I just realized we never did find out who that midget was who pointed Ashit in Jack's direction in episode 6. Wonder if that will even be covered in the final episode
>>
>>92374134
just like in real life amiright fellas
>>
>>92372889
Do you think the action is really lacking too? It feels so stiltted and bland.

Dunno about the character design, it looks same old to me...
>>
>>92372041
>>Aku taking a back seat was a terrible choice
Genndy probably didn't want to show off Baldwin's performance too much. Also, keeping Aku in the shadows has worked for me pretty well.
>>
The guardian wasn't immortal, just good at fighting right?
If so, Aku probably did kill him.

I'm glad they wrapped it up, but after episode 3, the pacing went to shit. Still enjoyable though
>>
>>92372858
>In the hands of evil it cannot harm an innocent

Hands of evil. Jack could use it as long as he was good.
>>
>>92372719
There are many people out there that can do a much closer impression of Aku than Greg Baldwin. I don't know why Greg is automatically given first dibs on anything Mako ever voiced. He's honestly terrible and makes every character sound like a drunk Mexican. I've even heard one vocaroo anon on here that did a 97% sounds like Mako impression.

>inb4 hur dur apprentice
A lie. According to every reputable source Baldwin and Mako never even met once in real life.
>>
>>92372899
>Does that mean he should throw his sword on the ground and let it be taken away after 50 years taken to get it back?
I believe it's more like Jack simply being sick of everything. A few minutes ago he confessed to Ashi that he was afraid of losing her because he's been deprived of everything he loves. And, as clockwork, he loses her to Aku. Also, remember that it was Ashi who pulled him out of suicide. I am fully convinced that Jack wanted Ashi to kill him so he could just be done with his quest once and for all.
>>
>>92374324
I guess he realized Suicide Jack was right all along
>>
File: WHITE WINTER.png (134KB, 708x594px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE WINTER.png
134KB, 708x594px
>>92374170
>tfw nut but she won't let me bolt
>>
>>92374373
Yep. He did. He might even make an appearance in the last episode after all.
>>
>>92372858
She's half cosmic demon. Even if she's working with the purest of intentions, she's still an offshoot of the thing that the sword was created to kill.
>>
>>92374250
>The guardian wasn't immortal, just good at fighting right?
He most likely was both, but unlike Aku, he wasn't immune to damage.
>"For countless aeons I have guarded this magical portal of time traveling. All have been denied, from the mightest of giants to the tiniest of warriors."
>>
>>92371195
The first few episodes were 10/10 but we got too much ashi
>>
>>92374250
>>92374448

He was immortal in the never going to get old or sick sense like Jack, and he probably even gave Aku a run for his money, but in the end he just had no way to really hurt Aku, and Aku could still hurt him.
>>
>>92374448
I mean I knew he had a long lifespan, but like you said, not immune to damage.

Still kinda disappointed that this season has so much wasted potential. Even a lot of the shots are lacking in easy cinematography that gennedy is known for.

For all my bitching however, I'm super happy it came back and is getting an ending.
>>
File: 1474315168540.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1474315168540.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
stupid fucking thread
>>
>>92374283
>In the hands of evil
Oh, I stand corrected then. I completely forgot about that part.
>>
>>92374594
Take your hurt feelings and go.
>>
>>92374594
But you can do countless "le samurai jack is 10/10, please appreciate ashi too lol" threads, right? Talking about double standards
>>
>>92374594
>dozens of Ashi waifufagging threads
>silence
>"This is a place to express your criticism of the new Samurai Jack season."
>REEEEEE DON'T HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION
>>
>>92374234
Aku was never overexposed in the old seasons, and I liked that they kept it that way. He had a heavy presence this episode and he'll be onscreen constantly in the next, so it's for the best.

I liked this episode a lot. At first I thought the awkward romantic schtick was dragging on too long, but it set things up for an excellent climax.
>>
>guardian died
>Foreshadowing from the original series thrown out the window

They should have found a way to preserve that. Throwing out their established canon bothers me, even if it had to be done to show that all hope of getting back to the past is gone.

That's my only concern, really. I like the rest of the season, even if the pacing is bad in the middle.
>>
WACHA
>>
>>92371244
It's not that hard

Open to Aku torturing Jack and being triumphant, 2.5 minutes

Cut to Ashi's internal monologue, 2 minutes

Cut to Scottsman arriving at Aku's tower with Jack people. 3 minutes

Cut back to Ashi, 1 minute

Battle starts, 2 minutes

Scottsman/Daughters sneak in and free Jack, 2 minutes

Fight until Ashi does something that traps Aku and allows for Jack to hit final blow. 6 minutes

Resolution, 2.5 minutes

Epilogue which is basically a drawing of Jack and Ashi's family in a castle reminiscent to the old one, 1 minute
>>
>>92374657
The pacing for this episode was really good, actually. Mainly because of how little needed to happen. They really took their time with each scene and I loved it. The campfire and Jack roaming through the desert and climbing the robots corpses were fantastic scenes.
Something I don't see discussed that often around here is the music. The tunes that accompanied Jack's walk to the Guardian's portal, as well as his remembrances of his home were magnificent.
>>
File: Scrappy-doo.png (37KB, 123x203px) Image search: [Google]
Scrappy-doo.png
37KB, 123x203px
>Kill me, Uncle Scoob. Y-you've got to kill me!
>>
>>92374791
Yeah, agreed. One of the best episodes of the season.
>>
>>92374713
It doesn't bother me that much. The message the portal had was pretty clean.
"If someone is ever going to use me, it's going to be that Samurai". There wasn't anything in that vision to suggest that the portal couldn't be destroyed before that ever occurred.
>>
File: trhsfhsdfbxfdgvbvdfbzdfbdxfb.jpg (25KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
trhsfhsdfbxfdgvbvdfbzdfbdxfb.jpg
25KB, 388x384px
>>92374626
>>92374627
>>92374652
>>
>>92374811
It could also be an image of Jack as a king in the future, after he starts aging again once Aku is dead.
>>
>>92374810
One thing that I don't get are all those cries of betrayal to Genndy for the Guardian. It's not like he said
>"YEAH, HE'LL BE SHOWING UP IN PERSON AND THEY'LL FIGHT AND...

Genndy just said that the Guardian would be addressed. Hell, the way he addressed it was visual, subtle and poignant. Just a pair of broken glasses on the floor; he didn't need anything else. Isn't visual storytelling one of the reasons why Samurai Jack is so praised?
>>
>>92374802
>ya gotta scooby-dobby-do me in
>>
>>92374831
Wow, epic reaction meme.
>>
File: 1493318066626.gif (5KB, 100x117px) Image search: [Google]
1493318066626.gif
5KB, 100x117px
>>92374831
nice responce faggot.
>>
The kill me thing was dumb as shit, is there anyone else with negative feelings towards it aside from crying anime faces because muh poor suffering waifu?
>>
File: shiggy kitty.jpg (83KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy kitty.jpg
83KB, 600x450px
>>92374831
Fantastic comeback, bro, the 20 minutes you spent searching for it must've been worth it.
>>
>>92372619
Do you really, honestly believe Jack would've been able to knock her out? They were clearly matched.
>>
>>92374943
It worked well, was set up well, and fits perfectly with the season's overall theme.
>>
All the episodes with good pacing were good.

1, 2, and 3 obviously

4 was OK

Then 8 and 9

It's only 5, 6, and 7 that were rushed

7 Should have been 2 episodes

5 and 6 should have been 4 episodes
>>
>>92372702
And then with Jack in the past he goes to see guardian who allows him through to the future where Ashi does in fact exist due to some fuckery time travel shit
>>
>>92374943
I agree with >>92375028
It's not out of character for Ashi to do something like that; it's pretty clear that she values Jack's life over her own. Her lack of self preservation probably comes from her upbringing.
>>
There should've been more episodes for this season. I wouldn't mind Ashi as much if she had more time to develop. I don't know how I'm supposed to care about her when she inevitably dies.
>>
>>92375028
>>92375084
I just hate that situation, not that it was out of character
>>
>>92374943
She was being possessed by Pure Evil. Not even Jack could come back from that on his own, and it took time monks and all of his inner strength to do it, so we know it's pretty non-trivial.

She knows that she's basically never coming back from this (even though we know that she will because plot). She would rather have Jack kill her, complete his quest and live then have herself kill Jack, then live out the rest of her days with Aku.

It's a pretty good juxtaposition of where she was when she started. I only just noticed that. 10/10, Gennady.
>>
File: 1473616161216.jpg (60KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473616161216.jpg
60KB, 500x450px
>>92375111
I can understand that, anon. It's kind of an old trope. I still liked it because it fit the tone and it was well executed, but yeah, I can imagine why you don't like it. No use arguing here then.
Are you liking the season so far?
>>
>>92371712
For me, it was never about the "le cool fight maymay" against the Guardian. Rather, what I got from the guardian episode is that there was some kind of significance to his particular portal. Of course the king jack vision, but also the fact that it was so well hidden, being on an island surrounded by a magic lake, as well as Jack having to ride various beasts who argued amongst themselves whether Jack was "the one" or not, going so far as to test him before taking him to the guardian/portal.

Seeing all the rubble, (mostly armor, robots, and weapons) implied that countless warriors sought the portal over who knows how long a span of time and failed. I guess I made the assumption that given all this information, the guardian (as well as the beasts) all worked to hide the portal from Aku himself, though I did question how aware they were of Aku, and even Jack.

But instead of getting any explanation for that significance they set up, apparently the portal, guardian, and all the rubble somehow magically transferred itself to some random desert where you can literally just walk right to the portal without any hiccups whatsoever. The Guardian dying and portal being destroyed off-screen completely shits on what they themselves had set up before, as a means of going for the new "muh loss.jpg" direction.

Don't get me wrong. I am genuinely interested in Genndy's direction, I would never drop the show even if I disagreed with it heavily. I'm going to hold out on total judgement until after the final episode, and I actually do like some of season 5's decisions. I always felt the first 4 seasons had some issues which were actually addressed in these 9 episodes so far. I also appreciate that this final, or penultimate battle took place in the Guardian's battlefield. It certainly solidified that yes, Aku did destroy all the portals.
>>
>>92375226
Samurai Jack has never been big on continuity.
>>
I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about my waifu, saying that she took too much time from the season.

Fuck you. If anything, I spent too much time with worthless old characters like the Scotsman or the Samoorai.
Ashi is the best character ever to appear in fiction and it's a shame she has to share screentime wirh Jack.
I wanted Ashi to kill jack in episode 2, and afterwards the sword would materialize in front of her since she's much more pure, strong, skilled and worthy than Jack. She would then rush to Aku's tower and instantly kill him. Lazzo stopped me.

So don't you fucking losers complain about her. You should be fucking glad I gave the Guardian a nod, because those were precious 5 seconds were Ashi wasn't on screen, and she's so great she deserves every single one of them.
>>
Although it worked well for this episode, I hope for the finale they focus more on Aku's evil side than his funny side. He needs a good dramatic send-off, especially after that last minute and final shot of this episode.
>>
>>92375226
>But instead of getting any explanation for that significance they set up, apparently the portal, guardian, and all the rubble somehow magically transferred itself to some random desert where you can literally just walk right to the portal without any hiccups whatsoever. The Guardian dying and portal being destroyed off-screen completely shits on what they themselves had set up before, as a means of going for the new "muh loss.jpg" direction.
It's been 50 years and Aku had to make his way to the portal somehow. Is it really such a strength that he just brunt the forests and drained the water leaving the land as a desert?
>>
>>92375262

Well said. Next time don't let that faggot Lazzo stop you, make a season 6 of just Ashi.
>>
>>92375242
Not the first 4 seasons, no, but the whole point of season 5 was to explain/wrap up the series. There was entire episode dedicated to Jack's influence, in fact. And although it was a joke with Demongo, it kinda set up that "anyone could come back"

By the way, anyone think we'll get an explanation for that girl who told Ashi where Jack was?
>>
File: 1481503905191.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481503905191.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>92375262
>>
>>92375219
For the most part, previously it was just Ashi's delivery being weak at times and other times where the jokes/execution was kinda shitty, but nothing I'd drop the series over, even if this wasn't the final season.

I think it'd have been better off without Ashi because of my personal tastes and how the focus is being shared now, but I admit they've handled it decently most of the time.

RIP Wander
>>
>>92375321
I'd accept that explanation if it was actually in the show. I'd love to see the battle with the guardian vs Aku, even if it ends up just like the scotsman's demise (without the Guardian coming back as a force ghost).

I could even picture Guardian accepting his fate or something.
>>
>>92375451
Ten episodes, and the Guardian a minor character with a single appearance. Not worth it.
>>
The final episode is going to end in "to be continued."

SUPRISE

Do you really think the ride ever ends, /co/?
>>
Everyone can actually agree that the later episodes in the season are rushed as fucked.
I don't care about the whole Jack+Ashi thing (because I'm not a sad pathetic tumblretard obsessed with cartoon character relationships to the point of yelling at strangers online about it and also telling them to kill themselves) but a lot of problems would be better if the pacing was simply fixed. I'm ok with a few things not answered in detail like the whole Cult thing or Death, just a better flow is needed.
>>
>>92375481
>Ten episodes, and the Guardian a minor character with a single appearance. Not worth it.
because ashi being a never-existing-character and becoming a main was worth it
>>
>>92375481
Fucking Demongo got more screentime than the Guardian.
>>
File: 1377148936771.jpg (19KB, 188x200px) Image search: [Google]
1377148936771.jpg
19KB, 188x200px
>>92373774
>t just to avoid killing a possessed woman who wanted you to kill her anyway?
Jack doesn't like killing innocents, so even in the scheme of 1 life to save the world I don't think he can bring himself to do it.

But that doesn't explain why he'd just drop the sword and let Aku take it.
>>
>>92374831
Take your hurt feelings and go, bitch nigga.
>>
>>92374138
I somehow don't think so. Most people seem to ignore it and it seems minor in the scheme of things considering what's left to happen in 20 minutes
>>
>>92375451
That could have been a really cool sequence, it would have really cemented how fucked Jack is in terms of non-ashi time portals. The problem is that it would have taken like half an episode to do properly. The pacing is already super crushed, so it just would have come out shitty and hurt everything else.

I can maybe see a miniseries or maybe like a 30 minute special spinoff episode that deals with what Aku was doing in all those decades.
>>
>>92375419
I'm glad that despite your objections to some of the creative decisions you're managing to have a good time. You're alright anon, I'm glad we talked.
>>
>>92375553
For the themes they've chosen for this season, yes.
>>
It really seemed like Gendy stopped giving a shit after episode 4. Everything from then on seemed really lack lustered in the writing department
>>
>>92375451
I think implying it was good enough. It's been 50 years and Aku is a destructive asshole. If I could figure it out any idiot could too.
>>
File: 1418094135489.jpg (42KB, 1333x742px) Image search: [Google]
1418094135489.jpg
42KB, 1333x742px
>>92374324
Oh, so you reckon him losing his sword is not only done in the physical sense but in the metaphorical one of him once again, losing hope?

That's an interesting take. Good point too. Ashi restored the hope in him, brought balance and here it's taken away.
I suppose it is sort of fast though, I mean, he just got over 50 years of depression to fall right back into it, when the Balance scene implied he sort of cleansed himself.

There's still a point to be made that if he killed Aku, Ashi could be free, no? She wasn't completely gone, not just yet anyway
>>
>>92375557
Demongo got a throw away joke. The guardian being dead is a major plot point in the series, and it was executed pretty well. A single visual cue and a set piece was all it took, anything more would have ruined it
>>
>>92374713
I don't think you can blame him too much for wanting to go a different direction after 10 years.

Writing yourself into a corner because of something you set up a decade ago doesn't sound very enjoyable
>>
>>92375538
I think the pacing got a lot better since episode 8. Episode 9 has had amazing pacing.
>>
What was the point of having seven daughters? You just kill them off and never mention them again. Literally pointless.
>>
>>92373359
She's a shit character, so who cares if Genndy spits on it?
>>
>>92374943
I'm not a fan of JAshi but thought it was fine. Bit cliche maybe but worked fine in context and was set up from E1
>>92375694
I thought Episode 9 started slow for what was the 2nd to last episode. I mean, this is one episode away from the ultimate and we get eww girls, when I was a young warthog and some other stuff.

Other than that was fine
>>
>>92375739
I thought that stuff was slow when I was watching it, but when I reached the end of the episode I realised it made the climax much better. If they didn't set the romance up properly, it would have been far less intense.
>>
>>92375720
Bouncing off your post, did everyone here (specifically /co/umblr) seriously not realize that Ashi and her sisters were daughters of Aku from the beginning and gave SO MANY CONTEXT CLUES? HOW FUCKING RETARDED DO YOU HAVE TO BE.
>Aku is literally Evil itself
>7 daughters of Evil ->7 sins
>The cult mother literally says "Daughters of Aku"
>GASP WHOA SHE'S A DAUGHTER OF AKU?!?!
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
File: 1476836427614.jpg (418KB, 1150x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1476836427614.jpg
418KB, 1150x1163px
so you idiots are really trying this hard to hate this shit
>>
>>92375720
Because only sending one after the samurai would have been a waste of time. I'm not sure if that was a cooze intention, but septuplets definitely improve the Jack murdering odds.

It also made the fight scenes a shitload more tense, allowed for the whole run and hide sequence, and let us explore Jack murdering a (kind of) human being.

Also, it's no guarantee, but the revelation of their Heritage might mean that they're not really dead at all. They could make an appearance in the last episode, who knows.
>>
File: master of sex ed.png (149KB, 385x307px) Image search: [Google]
master of sex ed.png
149KB, 385x307px
For the penultimate episode of the entire series after 5 seasons we get
>this new girl is badass sure, but she's really the daughter of the bad guy, and you can't bring yourself to hurt her
>i want dat swordball
>>
>>92373053
The daughters are a fucking mess and their schizophrenic power levels bother me to no end. Jack just effortlessly killing them off in e3. Ashi should've either died or become a recurring antagonist with a light redemption arc, maybe establish the Essence of Aku bit earlier to justify her ability to pose a threat after she gets the shit kicked out of her the first time.
>>
>>92375792
I suppose so, but it's still a case of this is episode 9 man move the plot faster.
Also Ashi spends way too much time apologising to Jack. Where'd she even learn manners
>>
File: 1494731636371.png (180KB, 370x544px) Image search: [Google]
1494731636371.png
180KB, 370x544px
How much you guys wanna bet they are gonna completely ignore the people Jacl has helped and scrap the army side-plot for more Jashi
>>
>>92375804
Anon, really now. There were loads of red herrings, like the implication that the cult was killing Jack to get Aku's attention in the first place. There were hints, but they were pretty obfuscated.
>>
File: 1376037328690.jpg (24KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
1376037328690.jpg
24KB, 345x345px
>Hey you've seen me for the first time after 50 years
>wait timeout
>"o..ok"

What a beta. Also, if Aku knew Jack had a beard, how did he not know Jack lost his sword?
>>
>>92375919
I'll kill Genndy then myself.
>>
>>92375888
The show hasn't really telegraphed it that will, but when she was looking for Jack she was out in the world for a while. She still a murder autist, but like Jack she's figured out how to fit in at least a little.
>>
>>92375804
It seemed like he wasn't aware until now, and the Daughters of Aku easily could've been just a cult label.

But no one was freaking out about the reveal I don't think, but if they were that doesn't change that just like the Jashi stuff, it could've been taken differently due to how it was executed prior to the reveal.
>>
>>92375809
>W-W-W-WHH-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITIC THIS SHOW I RECENTLY BANDWAGONED ON FROM TUMBLR!!!!!!!!!!
You can like something and recognized its flaws, if anything that shows you're a true fan because you're acknowledging said faults and also accept/critic it, not childishly ignoring it to seem like a real fan to random people on the internet, that's pathetic.
>>
>>92375919
that's pretty much confirmed at this point.
>>
>>92371255
Yep, Ashi smashed this show into the dirt.
>>
>>92375919
I give it a 60% chance.
>>
File: SamuraiJackAdultSwimUK.png (394KB, 960x518px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJackAdultSwimUK.png
394KB, 960x518px
>series was always hit and miss when it came to quality
>first few episodes obviously ran a little something different but transition back to the actual on par of the older series
>people are asshurt and calling it THE MOST DISAPPOINTING

I am glad those people who kept saying "kino" are buttblasted
>>
>>92375919
Given the set-up with the Scotsman and Ashi's journey, I'd bet against you.
>>
>>92375969
>but when she was looking for Jack she was out in the world for a while.
Come on dude, you don't spend 20+ years locked in a cave then pick up manners wandering the earth for 20 days. She didn't really talk to many people either.

But Ashi having manners is barely a point of discussion. It's a minor thing, and just a small point in the larger one people make that Ashi doesn't act like someone who's been locked away her entire life
>>
>>92376000
It's 4chan, man. Hating things as a sign of good taste, especially if they have minor flaws that can be blown out of proportion.

I agree with you that it's not perfect and has its flaws, but you have to admit that some of these retards will use any excuse to write off a show.
>>
>>92376052
He should've kept the beard look. They draw his old face weird now.
>>
>>92376090
Thing that gets me is they're not really writing it off, they'll faithfully watch every episode then come here to scream about how bad it was.
>>
File: 1494211237906.png (217KB, 1119x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1494211237906.png
217KB, 1119x1086px
>>92376077
>Isnt it weird how Scaramouche suddenly got his clothes back
>Almost feels like they were gonna do something with that
>Oh wait nevermind more Jashi fight

Ok anon
>>
>>92371195
How much of season 1-4 do I need to rewatch before I start watching Season 5 anyway
>>
>>92376145
Scaramouche led somewhere. He made Aku come to Jack, then died. Scotsman hasn't led anywhere yet. Honestly I think you're bad at analysing stories.
>>
>>92376178
The first, the first scotsman one, the samoorai episode, the demongo episode, and you can look at a screenshot of the guardian. You don't need anything else.
>>
>>92376178
I didn't rewatch any. There's a clipshow episode halfway through (not entirely clipshow) that I'm sure reintroduces anything you'll need to know.
>>
I fucking hate that there's never any hugbox complaints in the "BASED RUSSIAN MADMAN" and "ASHI A CUTE, A BEST, A PERFECT" threads but when there's a thread just about people's issues with it that try to help contain them outside of the AWESOME 10/10 threads they get called a hugbox or whatever

Like god damn it's a strong double standard
>>
>>92375919
Fuck, who knows, I'm betting all of my chips on your hunch because I no longer have any faith in this season.
>>
GOG2 honestly spoiled me on the whole "a good guy becomes corrupted and mind controlled so they have to fight their friends" shtick so if she gets redeemed in the normal way I'll be disappointed
>>
>>92371195
The first 4 episodes were amazing. They were all paced amazingly and they didn't feel so fucking fast. It also did a great job with establishing atmosphere and introducing Jack and even the Daughters of Aku. It all fell apart to me the moment Ashi suddenly became good and basically began to succ Jack off. Literally an episode before she was talking about how much she hated Jack and now she's doing anything to help him. So yea, the pacing basically fucking fell apart and from that point onward, the episodes began to go by very fast and become very predictable. I fucking saw that twist in episode 9 from MILES away. It's very damn obvious that Jack isn't allowed to have long term hapiness. That has been established since season fucking 1. Not to mention that episode 9 had the worst pacing with almost nothing happening in it despite it supposedly being an important episode in the story. And holy fuck, I don't even want to imagine how episode 10 will go..

Really, I think this would've all been solved if they actually gave Gendy 12-15 episodes instead of this horrible 10 episode count. Seriously? Who fucking does that? But even then, I'm skeptical since Gendy did work on Hotel Transylvania. Probably going to get my popcorn ready for what is going to be episode 10.
>>
>>92376225
Oh, three blind archers and the rave one too. That's just to understand references, it has no real bearing on the plot.
>>
File: monkek.jpg (23KB, 403x434px) Image search: [Google]
monkek.jpg
23KB, 403x434px
>>92374880
I keked
>>
>>92376087
Who knows, the cult might have taught her social etiquette as a means of blending in. Seems like a pretty useful thing to have in an assassin.

The actual reason is they just needed to make her someone that you can empathize with, but there are shitloads of feasible ways that could have happened in the series.

Muh ten episodes means I'm not really angry about them not exploring such a trivial point of the plot.
>>
>>92376178
Birth of Evil + Season 1 in its entirety + Scotsman 2 + Jack vs. Demongo + Jack Remembers his Past + Jack and the Rave + Jack and the traveling creatures + Samurai vs. Samurai + the Aku infection + Tale of X49.
>>
>>92376330
You guys aren't very helpful. He doesn't need to understand all the references.

If you remember literally nothing of the original, watch the first episode, Birth of Evil, and Jack vs. the Scotsman. The rest is at your discretion.
>>
>>92376269
>introducing Jack
>>
>>92376467
Samurai Jack is a show that's very much about it's themes. Not understanding the references will mean that they're not really going to understand the stakes or what's being communicated most of the time.
>>
There's a pinata in Ep 7 seems it's Jack, any ideas?
>>
>>92375033
Jack actually defeating the Guardian in the past would be a good twist.
>>
>>92376582
Demongo? Really?
>>
Can someone tell me if this is the first time Aku has called Jack by "name"? Normally he just calls him Samurai.
>>
>>92376802
He did in the Jack vs. Aku episode.

Back in season 4
>>
File: 1494737698209.jpg (91KB, 448x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494737698209.jpg
91KB, 448x750px
1080p rip of C is up.

https://mega.nz/#!Z7ok2SgJ!786bXDkw3FOjwUgkcQUOTzuzC1XuFsxcLjRv0-A5QUw
>>
File: 1494751646933.jpg (278KB, 1005x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1494751646933.jpg
278KB, 1005x1300px
The real tragedy of this episode
>>
>>92373053
>t-the black skin was just a metaphor
>t-the wolf was just a metaphor
>t-the green samurai was just a metaphor
>>
>>92376771
Sure. The reason it was demongo and not just some Rando Bounty Hunter was to signify that Jack's past is still haunting the world, and all of his efforts against evil under Aku's reign are futile.

Or hey, he might make an appearance in the last episode against the scotsman's army.
>>
>>92376827
After a while he started calling him Samurai Jack whenever he addressed him personally. Other than that he just refers to him as "the Samurai".
>>
>>92375033
That's my ideal finale. The Guardian's prophecy wasn't about him returning to the past, but going back to the future.

He'll go back, smite Aku, repair the world, be crowned king and then look for the Guardian in the past after x years, allowing him to age and grow the badass beard back.

not happening, though
>>
File: 1440870672781.jpg (8KB, 200x286px) Image search: [Google]
1440870672781.jpg
8KB, 200x286px
>>92372029
screencapped for future generations, based anon
>>
I havent seen anyone talking about the animation this episode. I dont have the webms, but the fight sequence was amazing.

A lot of camera and perspective work, ashi kicks reached for the camera in a way we usually dont see on the series, akuashi was creative, with a lot of weight and power behind her attacks.
>>
File: 1438821251016.jpg (25KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1438821251016.jpg
25KB, 307x352px
>>92372276
She literally begged him to kill her.
>>
My goodness, this is too easy

Jack is a childish sperg around women because he's a japanophile who carries a katana everywhere, and Ashi looks like a baboon because her father was black
>>
>>92372619
At first he was fighting her reluctantly and hoping she'd break free of Aku's influence and help fight him. Then, once the Aku-matter covered her, she was too formidable and it was too late.
>>
>>92371195
My only gripe is that it didn't get more than ten episodes. The pacing is a bit fucked because of it. I still enjoy it a lot despite that. 8-9 out of 10 for me.
>>
>>92372179
source pls
>>
>>92377139
Aku is green, the black is the clothes.
>>
>>92377110
I really liked the frenzied stabbing she did right before Jack broke her sword.
>>
>>92372179
just like the regular show folks said "yeah less episodes this season was our plan all along" only to say they were given less episodes by CN later?
>>
I was a really big fan of how her fighting style transformed into this fast, agile, flexible powerhouse of stabbing. It wasn't like a previous fight with Jack where it was two warriors with weapons, this time her body felt like one big weapon that she was just throwing at him.
>>
File: 1492314229549.png (1020KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1492314229549.png
1020KB, 1600x1190px
>>92374880
>>
>>92377135
Jack is fucking broken. He finally allowed himself to get reattached and instantly had her ripped away. He's not a fucking machine.
>>
>>92377135
>this somehow would make it easier
You're either and edgy fedora tipper or you're just too far gone to understand real people emotion.

>>92377110
That would mean talking about something good in the show, these babies only like to piss and moan about anything slightly off their view.
>>
>>92377110
I honestly didn't notice, but only because I'm so used to excellent visuals from Samurai Jack.
>>
File: 1492175327448.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492175327448.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>92375519
>>
>>92377291
It's about time Jack learns to bend instead of breaking.

He is either resolute bushido nirvana samurai or suicidal hoboman. Get angry and use that to fight Aku. Let it rip for once.
>>
>>92376574
Reintroducing Jack I meant. But is that really all you have to say from all that I typed? Le meme arrows?
>>
File: 1469554504159.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1469554504159.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>92377291
Fair point, I get what you're saying. Thought 50 years of "God I want to kill Aku" would lead him to action, but I guess a couple days with Ashi could sway his way of thinking.
>>92377310
>he doesn't understand jack's plight like -I- do fuck him!
but here ya go sonny you earned it. don't spend it all at once!
>>
>>92377393
>Thought 50 years of "God I want to kill Aku" would lead him to action
Jack's biggest driving force was returning to the past to save everyone he loved. Without that, tearing Aku to shreds probably holds less meaning.
>>
>>92377135
That just makes it worse. If she were evil the entire time and this was just another Ikra ruse, he would have had no problem killing the shit out of her. But she's not evil, she's a hostage that he loves who's begging him to take her life and save his own.

One way or another, it's going to be a major moment when Jack stabs Ashi, repearedly.
>>
>>92377379
Angry is bad in a fight, not good, although it's the sort of cartoon logic Samurai Jack might follow.
>>
>>92377393
>the normal human emotion of not wanting to stab the one you love with a sword is apparently something only a few people understand
*tips fedora*
>>
>>92377436
Angry would be pretty useful since it would replace "must commit sudoku and ruin the sacrifices of my ancestors and doom the earth for infinity because a familiar vagina is trying to kill me".
>>
>>92377481
could just be biased cause I don't like Ashi
but hey
everbody loves somebody sometimes
>>
>>92377393
>samurai jack is a ruthless killer
>he would mow down someone aku is puppeting to achieve his ends without a second thought
>he's too cool for pleb emotions like love to set in after a mere few weeks of traveling together
>just like me
>besides, she said it was okay

You might actually be on the spectrum.
>>
>>92371195
Shouldn't have had Jack go from super depressed to perfectly fine in one episode. Most likely should have killed off Ashi.
>>
>>92377589
Some herculean leaps of logic being made here, I think you're just upset I don't hold the cartoon we both like on a pedestal as high as yours.
>>
>>92377606
Did you watch the episode? He's pretty far from recovered, sadjack haunts him like suicidejack used to. He just had a shred of hope for all of a few days.
>>
>>92371195
Why didn't Jack just look down the hole if nobody was actually fighting him?
Why did it take Jack 50 years to try this and find out that he just needed to meditate?
Why was the pay-off of Jack's guilty schizophrenia just the plot of Jack vs Mad Jack condense into 30 seconds?
Why did the dark shogun just turn out to a pissed off ghost of honor after a build up of 6 episodes?
Why have a whole sequence of the Scotsman realizing he needs to build up an army and find Jack only to do nothing with it?
Why does Ashi still act and dress like a child/teenage girl, and if she's still like one, why is Jack hitting that?
Why was Ashi the only survivor when another Daughter was only dropped off?
Why in god's name did anyone think that it was a good idea to hire Tara Strong after she's been dogshit at her job for years now?
>>
>>92377624
Not my fault you difficulty comprehending basic human emotion
>>
>>92377683
>Why does Ashi still act and dress like a child/teenage girl, and if she's still like one, why is Jack hitting that?

In a lawless world does age restriction matter?
>>
>>92377392
I wasn't him
>>
>>92377805
Well, it's not lawless. The future is where Aku's evil is law. But, Aku probably doesn't give a shit about statutory rape.
>>
>>92377832
And Jack's from feudal Japan, where sex didn't even have to wait for puberty.
>>
I legitimately think the romance could have worked out. My biggest problem is that there is no way you can reintroduce 4 years of setup and then on top throw in a love interest in a span of 10 episodes. As a result the pacing is thrown off, and characters from previous seasons will get nothing more than a cameo.
If the season had a couple more episodes, it would be much better.

Genndy will probably throw in all the characters from the previous season to help jack get his sword back
>>
File: 1222223.jpg (15KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1222223.jpg
15KB, 221x246px
>>92371255
>character gets introduced out of nowhere when the story should end.
It's classic. Or at least, I think it already happened a coupled of times. Has it ever happened before in other shows or stories?
>>
I honestly though Ashi and Jack would have a Mad Max & Furiosa kind of relationship. Would have worked better with the time constraints.
>>
>>92378015
Do you think Genddy chose the final season to be 10 episodes or were those simply constraints from the network?
>>
File: Alimony Jack.png (365KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
Alimony Jack.png
365KB, 736x988px
>>92372593
>>
File: tmp_6280-50pl1ncvjhxy2022708422.png (93KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6280-50pl1ncvjhxy2022708422.png
93KB, 500x269px
>>
>>92378127
Its weird, but right now it feels like we are missing about two more episodes of time for proper ending. (as always)
>>
>>92378015
Fuck off that movie was one of the worst pieces of shit out there.
>>
I still think they should've kept one of the other daughters alive and be a recurring obstacle trying to kill Jack and Ashi.
The bout with the mother was a severe let down.
>>
>>92378127
[as] was the one to order 10 episodes. They probably saw SE5 as a huge gamble that they didn't want to spend the extra money on.
>>
>>92377683
I concur with everything you said. Lots of details don't make sense in season 5. But Strong made a good job with Ashi. It's not as fitting and great as Lamarr, but it's not bad. She did it like a professional and that's more than you get with most modern cartoons nowadays.
>>
I'm loving it so far.

I'm looking forward to episode 10.
>>
>>92378127
Doesn't matter. Dude has decades of experience, he should know how to restructure the episodes(in a satisfactory way) if he didn't get as much time as he wanted.
>>
>>92371195
Seriously the only issue I have is the pacing. I don't know if they were forced to only have 10 episodes or they actually wanted only 10 but either way it's really messing up the flow of the show.
>>
File: ifcns.png (193KB, 481x360px) Image search: [Google]
ifcns.png
193KB, 481x360px
>so i heard you lost the girl that you loved
>>
>>92376052
I don't fucking get it.

It's like Gendy understood he was on Adultswim so he gave Jack depression, guns, samurai armor, the beard and all that artistic blood and Jesus so much blood.

Only for him to go full immature again in episodes 5-9 with all those innuendos and "eww kissing, I'm sorry, I'm sorry uhh"
It's like he forgot he's on Adultswim and he can just says "yes that's my 5.5inch asian dick in my pocket, thank you very much. Would you like to fuck? sex? ram it in? Sexy?"
>>
>>92374053
Literally the conversation immediately following the kissing. It's not tonally off at all.
>>
>>92378262
Let's educated each other. It's not called pacing, it's not called rushing. It's called filler.
Filler inside an already short miniseries. Gendy is fucking insane.

It's called wasting all of your episodes and screentime on 1 retarded redeemed villain character who was originally suppose to die just so you can autistically pretend you're developing a 1D character into a 0D character.
She's boring, she's useless. She's a weapon and a one-shot villain.
Seriously of all the characters and things they could have wasted time on and they chose this little brat who was suppose to die in episode 3.

This can't be right, someone must have forced or influenced Gendy to fuck up his continuation of Samurai Jack with this Ashit character. Must have been Tara Strong. I don't know, who the fuck was it?
>>
>>92371287
I'd be okay with this if they literally just reverse the original intro to do it
>BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW COULD BE STRUCK AGAINST THE SAMURAI, AISHII TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND FLUNG JACK BACK TO THE PAST, WHERE AKU'S EVIL IS NO LONGER LAW
>>
>>92378262
>>92378245
All his previous seasons had 13 episodes each. If this season had 3 more episodes, the pacing wouldn't have been fucked.
>>
File: 1480269725011.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1480269725011.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
>>92373198
This.

Really, if more time were allowed for this season. (Another 4-6 episodes?) then I wouldn't mind Ashi as much. There'd be enough room to introduce her 'and' resolve Jack's story admirably.

But some fuckwit on the board (could be Genndy, could be another high-influence to the planning department) would not stop pushing for Ashi to be as pivotol as she was in this new season.

It's actually the same kind of shit I've seen in any kind of planning (from mundane shit to critical job-influencing deciscions). Some asshat gets so tunnel-visioned on one aspect that the rest of the plan goes down like the Hindenburg to satisfy their demands, and they realize it's all gone to shit mid-way through or afterwards, way when its too late.

Now there's only one episode left and unless they do a surprise 40-min long runtime then we're going to have an episode that would require Jesus Dali Lama Christ to descend and shit all over it to make it even tolerable.
>>
>>92372317
That is no excuse for shit writing
>>
Is it bad I want a DBZ style boss fight with Korn playing in the background?
>>
>>92378165
I think we need 1.5 episodes. 1 for climax, another 10 minutes to prologue.

I fear we will get a "the future is whatever you believe" ending, cutting to watch shortly after aku gets beaten.
>>
>>92378533
To watcha*
>>
>>92378533
But that would be kino
>>
>>92372819
To reply to more things that bother me with Aku
There's a second part that bothers me about the Master of Evil. He's so fucking flanderized this season. Instead of acting more serious like in the "pilot" 3parter, more like a respectful villain to match the Adultswim theme, he instead doesn't even act like a cheating whore cunt of a villain anymore, he acts like a complete losing coward, a dumbass and a depressed idiot who cracks sarcastic immature jokes at every turn. Is this Aku or is he Red Guy from Cow & Chicken?
He should be celebrating and fucking around more with Jack, keeping him locked and alive in his Aku infested world.
With the sword gone, Jack isn't even a samurai anymore, not even a thread. Aku could live in peace. Even if Jack found a time portal, him going back would be useless without the sword.
>>
File: big_1450724989_image.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1450724989_image.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>92378380
Even I was skeptical of the filler, and that's something that normally doesn't bother.
Like there was literally an entire fuckin episode of "look at all these people Jack helped in case you're a fuckin bandwagoner who didn't watch the first 4 seasons".
>>
File: Wide Pepe.jpg (6KB, 255x98px) Image search: [Google]
Wide Pepe.jpg
6KB, 255x98px
>>92372485
>Dick portals
>>
>>92378609
Aku just got the sword. Are you retarded?
>>
>>92378181
Everything after episode 3 of this season has been a severe letdown
>>
>>92378648
Inb4 Jack can remote control the master sword and stab Aku in the head next.
>>
>>92377589
>He only killed robots until this season.
>>
>>92378648
I am talking about the 50 years span. Are you doing this on purpose?
>>
>>92378635
>an episode dedicated to those who watched the original and didn't just hop on now is a bad thing
fuck off
>>
>>92378700
50 years, of aku thinking jack had the sword.
>>
If jack lost the sword before growing his beard, how did aku know he had a beard without noticing he didn't have the sword.
>>
>>92378916
maybe he didn't know that the beard and the lack of sword were correlated.
>>
>>92378946
woah that's like some deep thinking but seriously how stupid is the average /co/ user to not realize this?
>>
>>92377665
He isn't having as many ptsd attacks like he did in first 3 episodes. I would say his he has mostly recovered.
>>
>>92378916
maybe he heard from other people that he had grown a beard, like through gossip or something? Rumours?
>>
I like where the recent episode went, I just don't like how they got there.

Aku should have checked whether or not Jack had the sword with his magic window before heading out. He kills Scaramouche and closes the window, but suddenly he has a nagging feeling he had seen that young lady before. He goes back to check on her and eventually begins to recall having met someone like her.

In the end he goes to them for Ashi just to confirm his suspicions by smelling her.

It's slightly different, but it makes more sense.
>>
>>92376842
You are good people anon, take this (You) along with my gratitude.
>>
Is there like, any cartoon these days that Tara Strong isn't voicing? It's really getting old hearing the same voice in every fucking show.
>>
>>92379264
Nope.
Get used to it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>92374382
Eat your pea Proffessor
>>
>>92371195
shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, what an episode
>>
>>92372542

Shit taste, great pepe.

Here's a (You)
>>
>>92371255
Every episode that she has been in would have been far better without her. She should have been the first one to die for dramatic effect.
>>
Grendy is pretty bad at finishing things, hell, rewatch dexter, most of the episode don't even have a ending
>>
>>92371195
How do we fix Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92379506
Just get rid of Ashi.
>>
>>92379529
Ashi was just one part of the problem.
>>
>>92378278

Yeah how dare Gennedy write Jack like Jack
>>
>>92371195
SJ's biggest strength has always been it's ability to tell a narrative through art, and for the most part, I still think S5 does this very very well consisitently (Even if it's clear that it DOES get more word heavy as the season goes on). However, I don't think that really excuses its narrative from being criticized at all. As almost every other Anon on this site has mentioned, S5's episode count is WAY too condensed to tell the epic, romantic, and action filled story Genndy clearly wants to tell. As a /tv/tard, I'm a lot more forgiving of this as I generally believe art pushing the narrative and vice versa is much more effective than focusing on narrative completely. Genndy's (forgive me if I'm using the phrase completely wrong) in a Catch 22 here. He both has no real experience telling a story over multiple episodes, AND he doesn't have enough episodes to really get any experience of writing a longer story. As such, the story's clearly suffered. Anyone expecting it to get wrapped up like a bow completely has their expectations way too high.

All of that said however, I truly do adore this show. I loved it as a kid, and I still love it now into S5. And yes, I am sperging about it in the stickies and all that. (As a Jashifag, I'm really sad for whatever happens next episode, as it seems like there's no good outcome for either characters) But among the shitposting, you still gotta keep your criticisms anchored. And as for some anchored PRAISE, I unironically think Genndy is on the way to saving Western Animation with how popular S5 is, and I'm looking forward to whatever he does next given more time to work on his art as a reward for dem ratings.
>>
>>92377683
>Why didn't Jack just look down the hole if nobody was actually fighting him?
He didn't feel like looking for the sword. He had lost the final time portal and killed innocents on the same day. He probably was so emotionally stunned he couldn't bring himself to try anymore.
Why did it take Jack 50 years to try this and find out that he just needed to meditate?
It wasn't about finding out what to do. He didn't want to do it, he had resigned himself to his failure and he didn't intend to come out of it, not until Ashi convinced him to.
Why was the pay-off of Jack's guilty schizophrenia just the plot of Jack vs Mad Jack condense into 30 seconds?
I'll give you that one; it was too fast to be completely fulfilling. Still, I like they addressed Jack's anger and frustration as the source of his problems.
Why did the dark shogun just turn out to a pissed off ghost of honor after a build up of 6 episodes?
What did you expect? Sincerely, what were you hoping he'd be?
>Why have a whole sequence of the Scotsman realizing he needs to build up an army and find Jack only to do nothing with it?
Season is still not over, don't trip over yourself just yet.
>Why does Ashi still act and dress like a child/teenage girl, and if she's still like one, why is Jack hitting that?
General immaturity in certain areas, as you'd expect from such a sheltered person.
>Why was Ashi the only survivor when another Daughter was only dropped off?
Lucky fall, I guess. Jack also survived the fall.
>Why in god's name did anyone think that it was a good idea to hire Tara Strong after she's been dogshit at her job for years now?
Genndy has worked with her in the past, he probably felt confident hiring her again. I personally think she's been doing fine as Ashi ever since she quite her hate boner for Jack.
>>
>>92378181
As interesting as that idea sounds, I don't think they'd be able to pull it off. I mean, Jack managed to beat 7 daughters on his own. What could 1 possibly do against Jack AND Ashi?
>>
>>92378380
But it's not filler, anon. Every episode served to advance either the plot or to foment character development. There's always been something going on relevant to the story.
>>
>>92372797
This was frustrating to see.
The whole guardian episode was set up as a sort of prophecy or ultimate goal for Jack, but Genndy had to deal with that little plothole so he can do a clichéd "Can't hurt the one I love" finale.
>>
>>92379815
That episode should have been the final episode.
>>
>>92379671
So you admit that Jack is mentally retarded and can't age mentally? Every character changes in the span of 50 years, apparently that doesn't apply to Jack.
>>
>>92373627
>Genndy dies in a plane crash or some shit.
>We're right back to western animation having nothing to go for it
>>
Never liked or disliked Ashi, really. After last weeks episode I was repulsed at /co/ though. Devoting a whole episode of a show and season like this to cliche waifuism was retarded. But because tumblr had asinine complaints (like they do about everything) and shaggy shitposters it was based genndy 10/10.
>>
>>92379815
>The whole guardian episode was set up as a sort of prophecy or ultimate goal for Jack,

Wrong. It was prophesied that Jack would use the Portal in the future. We are in the future now and he's at that portal. I'm 100% positive it will become active again. It makes no sense for the finale to be there otherwise
>>
File: WUZ.png (26KB, 173x63px) Image search: [Google]
WUZ.png
26KB, 173x63px
>>92379896
I'm still finding it hard to believe that the whole "HETERO CULTURE" thing wasn't tumblr being satirical.
I mean honestly, how many levels of irony would you have to be on to be not want a guy and a girl to have a relationship?
>>
>>92379264
Aren't Unions great, comrade?
>>
>>92379877
>So you admit that Jack is mentally retarded

I'm saying that Jack has always been shy and awkward around women. Being hopeless and followed by a ghost telling you to kill yourself for 50 years isn't going to help your confidence with the ladies. But by all means. Keep over reacting
>>
>>92373748
This. If they had another 3 episodes (1 hour) to play with, things cold have fitted together so much better
>>
>>92379964
He wouldn't be "shy" after 50 years. His character would change to be more adult, more mature, even if he is silly as a character in general.

I don't know what's so hard to understand.
>>
>>92379896
>But because tumblr had asinine complaints

Keep sticking to that lie, anon. I'm sure everybody else secretly agrees with you and they didn't really like the show and tumblr salt was just dressing
>>
>>92379264
Fucking tell me about it, she's like the animation equivalent of Leo DiCaprio, or Matt Damon. It completely breaks the immersion when you can instantly recognize the person from somewhere else.
>>
>>92379939
Something to do with man+woman = symbol of rape and oppression. Who the fuck knows. It sure didn't justify the episode though.
>>
File: questionmarkanimegirl.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarkanimegirl.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>92379997

>50 years of schizophrenia and solitude would make you "more adult, more mature"

It's surprising he even remembers how to have a basic conversation with other people. Your expectations for his social skills are ridiculous. Time alone doesn't give you social skills, you have to actually use that time to socialize in order to gain social skills. If you spend 50 years not swimming, you're not going to be a more sophisticated swimmer because you've aged so much.
>>
>>92380001
The episode itself was okay. Just not where it was placed.
>>
>>92380001
Problem was any complaint became equated with being a tumblr fag.
>>
File: E RA DI CA TED.png (881KB, 1279x677px) Image search: [Google]
E RA DI CA TED.png
881KB, 1279x677px
>After I
>E R A D I C A T E D
>all the time portals...
>>
>>92380173
Fuck Mexican Aku
>>
>>92380229
I was thinking Finnish for some reason, like Uncle Death from Let It Die
>>
>Aku waves the sword around, laughing
>Loses his grip
>Accidentally stabs himself
>"......SHIT"
>>
>>92380400
That would be incredibly anticlimactic, yet very characteristic of Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92371195
This seems like an odd and unfair criticism, but I feel like Genndy keeps introducing things that seem amazing, then gives no solid payoff beyond a joke.

>Guardian hype
>Guardian's dead with no context to it

>Aku finding out Jack has no sword hype
>Hinting at Aku going full Aku on a no-sword Jack
>Eh, turns out he does, but no real emotion to Aku about it

>Ghostlike samurai stalks Jack
>It's some spoopy ghost who wants Jack to suicide

>Jack has to have a journey to get his sword back
>Gets it by an hour of meditation and tea

>DA SAMOORAI was taught lessons 50 years ago about being a true warrior
>Became a bartender

I still have enjoyed t, but I can't help but feel disappointed. Also, Aku has always been silly, but it was paired with him being scary or vicious. Now he just feels like a clown 24/7.
>>
>>92379506
Give it a few more episodes.

That's all it needs, really.
>>
>>92380400
>WHATCHA
>Rest of the episode is just the credits rolling very slowly
>>
>>92380429
Probably because of the 10 episode timeframe. I guarantee you if asked for more than 10, we would've at least seen the samoorai make a bigger return.
>>
>>92380429
That Pizza guy Aku spoke to? Died of fright.
>>
Everyone seems to forget that the Scottsman's Ghost is rounding up everyone who Jack has helped. He's fucking getting a huge army ready. This is somehow going to play into the finale.
>>
File: Jashifags.png (255KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
Jashifags.png
255KB, 500x510px
>he won in the end
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>92371195
Who's idea was it to shoehorn a companion/love interest into a series with only a handful of episodes left to conclude Jacks story? Honestly, half the problems this season has could have been avoided if Ashi didn't become a protagonist. The first three episodes brilliant precisely because they were focused on Jack overcoming his struggles. But the tone and pacing became incredibly worse the moment Ashi became important, resulting in both characters feeling bland and underdeveloped in the end.
>>
>>92371195
Only episode I had a problem with was Episode 8. Episode 9 was confusing at first before re-watching.
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (39KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.jpg
39KB, 500x566px
>>92380526
>tfw he actually wasnt, and the scotsman literally made a 5 minute cameo just to ultimately fuck off
>>
>>92380547
Ashi's been planned since pre-season 1. Genndy dreamed about saving his crush in school from a nuclear apocalypse future, which lead him to create Samurai Jack.
>>
>>92380624
That's VERY Russian.
>>
>>92380587
>AKU about to kill Jack
>YA WEE LITTLE BABY
>"....No.... NO!"
>YA SWORD USIN
>FIRE EYEBROWIN
>WAIFU CORRUPTIN
>"STOP!"
>YA CAN'T KILL ME NOW BOYO! I'M A GHOST! A THUMPIN GOOD GHOST!
>Scottsman kills Aku with ghost powers.
>>
>>92380447
>Credits play over the ravers, Aku, Jack, Ashi and Scaramooch dancing.
>>
>>92380624
Uh.... Ashi wasn't planned "pre-season 1." Nothing about season 5, including all characters, were planned "pre-season 1." Genndy used the dream to create Jack, but only the "wandering around the future" element. It wasn't until Season 5 was about to be in production that Genndy used the idea of his crush.
>>
>>92380683
Fuck off Dreamworks
>>
>>92380684
The idea of Ashi was still there, though.
I almost typed 'seed of Ashi'. Teehee
>>
>>92380708
I mean, sure. If there was a time for Genndy to use a female character to go alongside Jack during his trips, he'd use the concept of his crush. But Ashi wasn't planned from "pre-season 1."
>>
>>92380624
Like I have said before, he's turned this last season into his fanfiction

Fuck, I just wanted satisfying closure to all the previous characters, but we need Genndy's waifu to be shoehorned in instead.

Fuck you Genndy, I hope your "tearjerker" is Ashi fucking dying
>>
>Aku stops mid swing
>"Hey...Samurai... Watch this."
>Jizzes from his finger again
>Close up of Jack's face
>"I KNOW RIGHT!? SHOULD I SEE A DOCTOR?"
>>
>>92380478
>22 minutes per episode
>10 episodes
>3 hours and 40 minutes total
That is plenty of time to cover everything had they not decided to spend 3/4 of their time on Ashi.
>>
>>92372773
He sounds jewish half the time.
>>
>>92380708
>the idea of ashi was still there
Then why did we see her in the first 4 seasons?
>>
>>92380867
Genndy, that's why.
>>
>>92380823
Not when you have to break everything into arcs. Serials have always taken longer to do anything for that exact reason.

This is common knowledge. You're bad at storytelling and you should feel bad.
>>
File: 1489432763581.gif (999KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
1489432763581.gif
999KB, 470x353px
>1(ONE) episode left
>>
>>92380913
I don't think I haven't been hyped looking at an episode preview for this series since Episode 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJHEwWTNF5I
>>
It's kind of sad how most of /co/ is okay with a huge quality drop and rushed plots because they love shipping/seeing other people be upset.
>>
>>92380960
I have been*
>>
>the sword could only banish Aku for 8 years

what a joke
>>
>>92380960
You know, if there's one thing that's truly gotten better with age, it's the Adult Swim/Toonami bumps. They've got such good taste in music, like holy shit.
>>
>>92380960
>Season Finale Preview
>All shots are from previous episodes
I would have posted that bored Aku picture but I already used it earlier in this thread.
>>
>>92381029
Would prefer they went full Hollywood and spoiled the entire fuckin plot in the span of 30 seconds?
>>
File: 1494739176816.png (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494739176816.png
75KB, 800x600px
>>92380960
>>92381001
Speaking of which, does anyone know the song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgdKH-6Ebbw
>>92381029
I like how they did this. No spoilers at all. It's the final episode.
>>
>>92371255
If they wanted her to be a new companion she should've atleast kept her temper/whatever resemblance of a personality she had instead of becoming a tinkerbell waifu
>>
>>92380911
You're the one who should feel bad.
Episodes 1-3 are proof that an episode based series doesn't have to have entirely different arcs in each episode.
>>
>Well, Samurai... I have your sword... Uh...
>... This bores me... We're both mature adults, who are also immortal.
>Jack and Aku sitting on a porch playing chess while drinking some fine ass lemon drink.
>"You know... My UNSPEAKABLE EVIL would have kept Ashi alive, right? Either way, she was a bitch."
WATCHA
>>
>>92371315
>the cult still exists and barely explained

Do they really need any more explanation besides being a cult that worships Aku? There's a ton of stuff I don't like this season, but the cult stuff is really the least of my annoyances.
>>
>>92381065
>Try your best not to spoil anything
>Leak the goddamn storyboard on an interview
Although i was a little surprised about they going the "she is really akus daughter" route, we already knew jack was getting captured.
>>
>>92379939
You don't have to be Tumblr or think it's a symbol of hetero oppression to want something other than a deeply cliche "guy character + girl character = cutesy couple" plot.
>>
File: 1490837837502.png (199KB, 1313x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1490837837502.png
199KB, 1313x1248px
>>92381652
Slow down there bud, we're still in 2017.
>>
>>92375667
It's not that he isn't balanced, because if he wasn't, he probably would've gone apeshit and actually killed Ashi like he did those goats.

Like that other anon mentioned, Jack just admitted to not wanting to lose another person he loves, and that person is immediately ripped away by the same entity that has done it many times before.

Every time it seems like he can win, Aku pulls a fast one and Jack is right back where he started. He's not angry, just sad.
>>
How can he be simultaneously so likeable and such a completely evil bastard?
>>
File: M A L A I S E.png (36KB, 167x102px) Image search: [Google]
M A L A I S E.png
36KB, 167x102px
>>92381871
>>
File: fc3.jpg (44KB, 600x816px) Image search: [Google]
fc3.jpg
44KB, 600x816px
>>92381720
You've found me out. I really hate this season because it's forever ruined my true ship.
>>
>>92378172
>hating Fury Road
True /co/ntrarianism
>>
File: 07d.jpg (16KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
07d.jpg
16KB, 427x300px
>>92381948
that scene had me on my ass and i'm not even sure why
>>
How did Aku know Jack got a beard but not that he lost his sword
Why didn't Jack just knock Ashi out, as in literally unconscious
Why did Jack just give his sword to Aku
Why didn't Aku just kill Jack
>>
Fuck you and your retarded ass thread.
Anyone else hyped for the ending?
>>
>>92382120
I really want to be, but my skepticism is telling me that Genndy will go with an uber-cliche ending that'll ruin everything.
unless Ashi dies, in which case I'll be happy
>>
>>92382075
All answered already, don't be a silly bitch.
>>
>>92382120
man this asshurt is unbelieavable. Maybe you should go back to /Reddit/ where the downvote and report anyone with a varied opinion
>>
File: 1407428189953.gif (463KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
1407428189953.gif
463KB, 340x255px
>>92376052
The first three episodes were absolutely based, and I will always remember this season for that and "talking penis", but I do also appreciate the return to the sort of episodic format of the old series. I enjoyed the kino, and I'm not disappointed. I'm just glad that there is going to be some kind of conclusion to the saga, and I hope it is great.

Hope is NOT lost.
>>
>>92379895
You just know the Turner Jews would try to pull this kind of shit.
>>
File: tmp_21530-wDqxI03-1967298678.gif (364KB, 460x1008px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21530-wDqxI03-1967298678.gif
364KB, 460x1008px
>>
>>92380972
It's the very last season. Some of us are just glad that there is anything at all.

Captcha: Baseline FRESCO
>>
>>92382454
Gennadiy Tartakovskiyâ„¢
>>
>>92382302
wher
>>
I like the entire season, and I like the fact that Ashi and Jack are together and all that, but its true that there has been a drop in quality ever since her introduction indeed, and I don't think that it could be otherwise.
Before she was introducted, the show was more visual, Jack could only talk to himself and the tone was darker, more "mature", with themes of him being depressed and suicidal. Since there wasn't too much dialogue mostly because he had nobody but himself to talk to, the show could spend more time in imagery, the scenes focus points weren't dialogues but only images, and they were beautifully done.

With Ashi, the focus of the scenes shifted from the more introspective tone to their interaction, with more dialogues and more "silly" stuff, and it has become more cartoonish again. Even though I'm okay with this, and I'm okay with seeing him develop his feelings and all, I can understand why people hate on her, since it has made the show more childish. It could be argued that if she had a different personality this wouldn't have happened, but either way, if the relationship were more realistically presented, I don't think there would be enough time to develop it.

I hope she dies
>>
>>92382454
Yeah but Jack has a hard time killing innocents. It's easy to look at it this way but when you consider he can't bring himself to kill someone it's basically a case of yeah it's better but he can't do it.

Still don't get why he gave his sword up though. Nigga just jump good out of there
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png
661KB, 848x900px
>>92382454
I think you mean option C, Ashi breaks her dad's spell because DA POWAH OF FRIENDSHIP, teams up with Jack to kill Aku, and then marries Jack or some shit.
>Western animation is one big trope.
>>
>>92382587
>there has been a drop in quality ever since her introduction

She was introduced in the first episode, dumbass.
>>
>>92382893
He meant introduction as a round character, not just a villain.
>>
File: sanic.png (1MB, 1580x705px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
1MB, 1580x705px
what the fuck? seriously?
>>
File: 1404128892181.jpg (205KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404128892181.jpg
205KB, 1080x1080px
>Jack is surprised to kill someone even though he's a samurai
>Jack lost his sword down a hole and never bothered to look for it for 50 years
>Jack is unwilling to kill a chick he met a while ago to save the universe and earth's history

This season has been filled with bad priorities.
>>
>>92383430
Haha we get it, now fuck off wacky dumbass loving shitstain, and next time don't use Star Vs because it shows you're just defending Ashi, even with just a picture.
>>
>>92383484
anon i posted it in a wrong thread lol
>>
>>92383531
Sure, because that assblasted joke with the same picture hasn't been posted in every negative thread since the fucking beginning right? Eat shit for trying to turn the tables as if no one on /co/ has memory.
>>
File: 1493591884218.jpg (326KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1493591884218.jpg
326KB, 600x884px
>>92383531
WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK WHERE YOU'RE POSTING NEXT TIME ASSWIPE
>>
>>92383565
anon, take your medication please. I have no idea what the fuck are you talking about, chill
>>
>>92383388
I liked Jack struggling with killing a real person because of how meta it is.
It's like the show itself had a coming of age plot where it changed from a children's show to an adult's show.
Jack realizing the reality of his profession, thinking back to his father, then murdering the daughters of Aku felt satisfying.
The other priorities have been pretty shit though.
>>
>>92383035
You don't remember when she was young and in training, looking out the crack in the rock to the bright, green world beyond? She was always a "round" character, not totally evil. Even being part-Aku, she is still part-human.
>>
File: Season 5 Jack.jpg (389KB, 1127x778px) Image search: [Google]
Season 5 Jack.jpg
389KB, 1127x778px
Samurai Jack + Mad Jack:
>It always looks bad at first. But I'll find a way. I always do.
Samurai Jack without Mad Jack:
>I- I can't! *drops sword and dooms universe*

Mad Jack was right. He needed him.
>>
File: 1490510118576.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490510118576.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92383677
The show died with him, goodnight suicide jack
>>
>>92383677
Honestly, I don't understand why Genndy found it completely necessary to "banish" evil Jack. Isn't that the entire purpose of ying yang? Rage isn't an inherently evil concept, more often than not it can serve as a motivator.
>>
>>92383658
>It's like the show itself had a coming of age plot where it changed from a children's show to an adult's show.
But that's not really necessary. There was plenty of death, blood, and dark themes in the show already, just not explicit. And it even contradicts with audiences that remember 'Jack Remembers the Past' and 'Jack and the Bounty Hunters.'
>>
File: Samurai_jack_vs_mad_jack350.png (115KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_jack_vs_mad_jack350.png
115KB, 350x262px
>>92383745
>>92383677
>S1 Mad Jack and Aku Infection
>Jack figured out that the best way to fight them is find peace within himself

>The Omen and S5 Madjack
>Jack is constantly against them and beats them away

Hard to believe we regressed.
>>
Jack should've just stabbed the bitch

I hope that's Genndy's "tearjerker"
>>
>>92383745
So I'm not the only person who thought it was weird.
>destroy half of your personality
>you are balanced
What the fuck?
>>
>>92383758
>Jack Remembers the Past
Did Jack kill anyone in this episode?
>Jack and the Bounty Hunters
Yeah, it was pretty heavily implied that Jack killed people in that one. I see what you're saying.
>>
>>92383979
This show really is going down the same road as Legend of Korra, with the whole "actions without consequences" trope. And it's annoying the shit outta me.
>>
>>92383588
Don't try that shit with me, I'm smarter than your whole family combined.
>>
>>92383915
What part of
>50 years have passed
do you not understand? You probably need to find inner peace more than once in a lifetime that long.
>>
>>92383979
>The half of his personality that was commandeered and corrupted by Aku
>taming it when it tries to destroy you it somehow stupid

You never actually watched that episode, did you?
>>
>>92383745
That's why Jack still uses his rage against Aku and his evil manifestations. Righteous fury is good as long as its righteous. That's the fucking point.
>>
>>92384074
>muh Korra

Pls grow up.
>>
File: 1423461617846.jpg (116KB, 518x396px) Image search: [Google]
1423461617846.jpg
116KB, 518x396px
>>92383287
What's the problem?
>>
>>92384307
I could substitute dozens of shows for that one, Korra was just the first one that came to mind. Why's that a problem?
>>
>>92384189
Shut the fuck up
>the half of his personality that was commandeered and corrupted by Aku
That describes Mad Jack from Season 1, not this season's personification of Jack's inner turmoil. Jack's conscious has far more significance now than simply being corrupted by Aku.
>>
>>92384307
>still being triggered when korra is mentioned
Pls grow up
Thread posts: 545
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.