[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer your Captain with or without Cold Gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Captain Cold.jpg (310KB, 765x641px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Cold.jpg
310KB, 765x641px
Do you prefer your Captain with or without Cold Gun?
>>
With
It shows just how capable he is at working that thing despite being a blue collared super hero who stole it
>>
>>92362501
With. Meta Cold was pretty terrible, and giving the Rogues powers took away a lot from their appeal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY
>>
>>92362501
I thought we all silently agreed never to mention superpowered Cold ever again
>>
>>92362501
Both are cool.
>>
>>92362501
Even within New 52, Cold was portrayed as better with the gun than without

>Jingle Bells

Seriously, fuck the Crime Syndicate
>>
>>92362501
I don't think there was anyone who preferred meta human Captain Cold.
>>
>>92363266
There are a few, but I don't think any of them read any comics before the New 52.
>>
The entire point of giving him powers was to show the gun was better.
>>
File: latest.jpg (112KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
112KB, 400x600px
>>92362501
I like them both
>>
>>92362501
Captain cold with taticool and ice weapon
>>
Which Rogues are still meta? I think only Golden Glider kept her powers, no?

>>92365180
It wasn't but Johns hated them as much as we did so he shat on the powers at every chance.
>>
>>92365180
Whether we believe them or not, I asked several people at DC, including Francis Manapul, why they were giving the Rogues powers and they all said it was because it was more believable to have the Flash fight metas. They all said they thought it stretched credibility to have people using guns against a guy with super-speed. I think Manapul said it in an interview or two as well. It's possible they were all bullshitting though.
>>
>>92365361
Booch and Manapul hated classic Rogues, they even wrote Top out because "he didn't fit with the times".

Poor Top didn't even get Rebirthed.
>>
>>92365408
Funny thing is, when I talked to Manapul at a con as mentioned above, I told him that the Top's my favourite Rogue. Soon after they wrote him out of the New 52 and Manapul made a shitty comment about how nobody knows what tops are anymore and that Top fans just couldn't see how they'd made him/Turbine better. I'm still salty about that.

There appears to be a Top in one page of Rebirth, hanging with the other Rogues at Iron Heights. It's not clear if it's Turbine or a Rebirth Top though, and when I asked Williamson on Twitter he didn't answer.
>>
>>92365354
Isn't Weather Wizard a meta?
>>
>>92365361
Thing they didn't understand was that their appeal was exactly that: they could go toe to toe with the fastest man alive using only fucking guns
>>
With. Otherwise he's just another character with an elemental physical power
>>
>>92365574
It's definitely Turbine. He looks black and has that weird sandstorm around himself.
>>
>>92365625
He was, but it's not clear if he still is.

>>92365746
Exactly. Plus, people like the appeal of a bunch of near-ordinary villains, rather than metas with godly powers.
>>
>>92365842
Yeah, I was inclined to believe it's Turbine, but that's why I wanted to ask. Wish Williamson had answered to clear it up.
>>
With. It shows his capability and I like how the CW characterized his neurosis as a plus, memorizing every part of his gimmick gun. And I actually love the idea of the Black Ice gun.
>>
>>92365955
On brighter side, he's a good candidate for cannon fodder.
>>
>>92365760
This. Generic ice powers vs. fairly unique gun? Gun. Of course.
>>
>>92366025
I think DC would want to avoid using a black character as cannon fodder, but you never know. He was kind of a botched character, and most Rogues fans I know are completely indifferent to him.
>>
With, but I like his costume without guns better. I hate that he's gone back to the other.
>>
>>92362501
Tech:
Captain Cold
Heatwave
Mirror Master
Trickster

Meta:
Weather Wizard
Golden Glider
>>
Any recomended Captain Cold books?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.