[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early episode weirdness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4118.gif (375KB, 419x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4118.gif
375KB, 419x264px
Liked the last thread let's have another

>In the Steven Universe pilot Lars and presumably other humans are well aware of the Gems and what they do. In the actual show the humans don't seem to know who they are! Also they possibly weren't Ayys
>>
>>92358543
They should have kept that part, makes it more realistic that they know who they are and what they do instead of not caring at all and being nonchalant about everything
>>
>>92358543

I think the gems were probably aliens from the start. It's easy to forget, but the gems being of extra-terrestrial origin was kind of a curveball. We're in so deep now that it's one of those like, late arrival spoilers.
>>
>>92358543
>>92358543
Sadie and Lars do acknowledge them in the early episodes of the actual show. They just know that they're magic but don't really intervene outside of that.

Also another interesting thing about the pilot. The gems in the pilot act more like Stevens sisters whereas in the show they act more like moms. This is escpeically jarring when you compare Pearls attitude towards Steven in the pilot with the show
>>
Mandy smiling
>>
>>92358543
In the pilot, the gems actually pull off something clever regarding magic which they hilariously practically never do in the real series.
>>
>>92358543
They were always Ayys, anon. The magical girl stuff was for trope breaking spoilers and lies to steven because he was such an innocent child.

>I have three magical aunties
vs
>My mom is a war criminals and her comrades watch after me knowing that one day I will be held accountable for her horrific list of offenses against the Diamond Authority.
>>
>>92358543
Remember when Marco was "the safety kid"?
>>
>>92361990
I think they stopped calling him when he fought monsters multiple times.
>>
>>92358543
I felt like the pilot was a lot more adventure time than the final product. Stuff like garnet calling Steven a butt and Lars calling a girl hot feels like something that adventure time created.
>>
>You're a joke, Steven!
>Yeah, well, at least people LIKE jokes!

That level of savagery is completely beyond the Steven we have today.
>>
File: coming_soon_to_fox.png (249KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
coming_soon_to_fox.png
249KB, 480x354px
>You think THAT'S bad?
>>
>>92363228
>It flies right over Steven's head in the actual show
>>
Early Ed, Edd n Eddy is so different compared to the rest of the show.

The animation was more crude, Double Dee wasn't as uptight and Eddy was more likable.
>>
Don't know if this counts, but the first Season of Gravity Falls feels a little different when compared to Season 2.

Season 1 felt more episodic and the animation wasn't as good. Also Dipper's Wendy thing was so overdone.

Season 2 felt darker (both in tone and animation and coloring) and there was less of the episodic episodes.
Though, that could be because Season 2 is the final season, probably would've had more episodic stuff had a 3rd season happened
>>
>>92364474
Also, Gideon felt more important in Season 1, they kinda just shoved him in a little box in Season 2, and when he finally became relevant again, he was turned into a good guy. Such wasted potential.
>>
Rigby in season 1 and 2 of Regular Show was a much bigger jerk.

By season 3 they had to tone that down however because "they got calls". Storyboarder Toby Jones wrote it off as character development, when it was too overall too sudden and disconnected to be that.
>>
>>92359258
>The gems in the pilot act more like Stevens sisters
They all reflect aspects of Rebecca's relationship with Steven Sugar.
>>
>>92364336
>likable

This meme again
>>
In the early seasons of Uncle Grandpa the interiors of the RV and other backgrounds and a completely different art style than they do in later seasons.
>>
File: IMG_2635.jpg (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2635.jpg
97KB, 500x500px
>>92364165
Dear god
>>
>>92364592
Honestly I missed Rigby being a jerk, it was the charm of his character. When he wasn't a jerk he was just smug.
>>
>>92364165
Fake.
>>
>>92364165

>Peters' design hasn't changed since the pilot

interesting
>>
>>92364336
some other things that were in the first episode that never happen again:
>Eddy calls Double D "Edd" twice while Ed isn't around
>Ed's voice and attitude makes him seem like he's older than he's supposed to be, like he seems a lot like a teenager.
>Edd falls in love with Sarah, not only is this never expanded on it happens in reverse in later episodes and he turns her down.
side note: apparently Edd easily developing crushes with people was supposed to be a part of his character but it only really happens twice again, with Nazz in Season 3 and May in the Valentines day special (even then he was under the spell at the time)

And one thing that was going to be a running gag through the whole show but was only in the first 3 episodes is that every time Jimmy shows up he has a new injury, like in one scene he'd have a band-aid on his face for no reason, then suddenly gauze wrapped around his head, then an eyepatch. You think they ran out of ideas for stuff to give him or did they just stop thinking the joke was funny?
>>
>>92367311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQe5va7zSzg
>>
Wouldja believe Steve used to be even more of a pathetic dork than he is today?
>>
File: IMG_8794.jpg (107KB, 967x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8794.jpg
107KB, 967x717px
In early ATHF episodes they were a group of detectives, Shake was their leader, and many backgrounds were reused from older cartoons
>>
>>92370324
Wow how is that even possible.
>>
>>92370324
>Stan's conservatism is rarely brought up any more
>Francine has become less naggy
>Roger never left the house and was a sensitive Paul Lynn character with no rapist or sociopathic tendencies
>Klaus was in love with Francine
>Hayley wasn't a butt monkey
>>
>>92371431
They were only detectives for like 4 episodes as a smoke screen to pitch the show. Before random stoner cartoons were a thin, how do you pitch to a load of suits
"It's food doing random stuff"
>>
>>92367767
Ed sounds like a teenager because they are teenagers. They're all about 15.
>>
>>92358543
I really miss the old art style.
>>
>>92358543
I like more the design and colours the pilot used. Plus i kind of dig more the gems being like steven's sisters and not moms
>>
>>92361882
In the original, pre-pilot, pitch, they were goddesses.
>>
>>92352222
>>92352305

Adding to these points in last thread, the original pilot for Inspector Gadget had him voiced by Gary Owens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cib3BNL92Wc
>>
>>92373154
Looks better, but I guess it looks less goofy too.
>>
>>92372662
>>Hayley wasn't a butt monkey

But she was
>>
>>92372692
I guess this is also what Nefcy did with Star Vs.

And what Ken Akamatsu did with Negima when he added more shonen elements.
>>
>>92373570
I thought Star Vs was more a case of executives watching over her, helping her into showrunning, then leaving once they figured she could handle it well.
>>
>>92374294
That's also very possible.
>>
>>92372779

you realize they're in middle school
>>
>>92372662
Stan being a conservative is the best part. I just got my girl into watching AD and she thinks it's hilarious how Stan is relevant to modern politics again.
>>
>>92358543
Remove crying and tears from SU. what show would you get?
>>
>>92370324
Source?
>>
>>92374470
I wish they didn't abandon it completely. Especially how Stan's personality from set i his ways and unwilling to learn or he's the straight man or he has some sort of crisis depending on the plot
>>
>>92370324
STICC
>>
>>92363025
I dunno. Felt more like an Adult Swim show to me. Especially stuff like >>92363228
>>
>>92372779
Everything I've ever seen has them pegged at 12, which makes a lot more sense.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.