[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the "steal your lunch money and throw you in your locker"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: img-thing.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Does the "steal your lunch money and throw you in your locker" bully actually exist? When I was a kid, I remember bullies just starting rumors about you or trying to humiliate you in front of their friends by getting in your face and calling you names.

Why are bullies never portrayed like that?
>>
>>92353162
Well HE never did that, so pic unrelated.
>>
>>92353162
I know for a fact that the "throw you in the class coat closet because you pretend to be pikachu when you're upset" bully exists. I also know that the "yell at the autistic kid for getting shoved into the coat closet" teacher exists. I also know the "I know I should do something, but if I do it will be me and I actually find this kind of funny" kid exists.
>>
File: Penny_Peterson_headlock.jpg (29KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Penny_Peterson_headlock.jpg
29KB, 640x352px
Does the "put you in a headlock and order you to get down on all fours in front of everyone and be her dog and bark for her" bully actually exist? Please?
>>
>>92353162
As a kid I had a guy who would call me a wetback and beaner everyday in a mostly white school. Always taunting me in front of others. One time in class while the teacher was out he got a metal trash can and put it over my head and kicked me to the floor. I could hear people laughing in the background but apparently someone called the teacher and the bully was suspended.

Teacher asked me if I wanted to press charges (or something along the lines of his family paying me something for compensation) and I said no. He never bothered me afterward though.
>>
Pic unrelated right?
>>
>>92358546
>Mostly white school where the kids wear uniforms

There's no way she would've gotten away with publicly bullying Sherman like that.
>>
I've never understood american bullies. I got it because of cartoons, but there is not like this here, and when students try shit like that the schools, teachers, and parents come down HARD.

I mean, really no one does anything to help solve this kind of situation? Are the students really on their own against societal forces inside the classroom?
>>
>>92359188
She got away with it because of her slutty feet
>>
>>92359255
That's how it tends to work outside of ghettos. Maybe in some of the giant schools it happens too, but small towns shit like that is way less common.
>>
>>92353162
Those bullies were more common before Columbine.
>>
>>92359255
No, this kind of bullying was more of a thing in media (especially /co/ media) written by Baby Boomers - for a non-/co/ example, see Steven King's body of work. The bullies in It, Sometimes They Come Back... apparently, kids were a lot shittier to each other back in the 50s. But to be fair, that was the generation was made child psychology an important field, and a generation or two back, they just had child labor instead.

So nowadays physical bullying is very strictly dealt with, so kids just emotionally and verbally abuse each other.
>>
File: Bully_poster.jpg (40KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Bully_poster.jpg
40KB, 300x444px
>>92359255
There's a documentary that shows what some kids have to deal with when it comes to bullying. A lot of it is groups of kids ambushing loner kids at the bus stop or in hallways and talking shit to them, calling them faggot, laughing. Most of the time, the victim ends up smiling back or laughing and sometimes even say they're just kidding around, so most of the teachers don't bat an eye and assume it's kids being kids.

Other times when kids do tell the teacher (The ones who aren't afraid of being called a pussy for doing so and having to deal with the aftermath of getting pushed around more), because they aren't getting physically bruised, the teachers have no real way of knowing whether the kid is telling the truth since its his word against the others. At most, they'll say stop, but that doesn't mean anything when the kid is walking home and still getting picked on.

I think at one point, a kid tried telling a cop but he couldn't do anything about it because it was a school matter, and most of the kids don't tell their parents what's going on. Most of the kids who get picked on have actual problems and commit suicide because they feel trapped as a result.

Again, this varies from state to state. But when it comes to verbal abuse, it's hard to put a stop to that because unless you catch the kid in the act, anyone could just make shit up and get everyone suspended.
>>
>>92359956
I kinda agree with this. It's been personal experience though that the younger kids are in America the more prone or the more likely physical violence will be involved, even if it's just pushing or tripping other kids. Younger kids just don't know better or realize that there can be consequences to this.

Once I got into jr. high and high school if there was ever a fight, it was because Person A *hated* the almighty shit out of Person B and their issues came to blows, or something along those lines. Most bullying was humiliation and emotional shit; if you wanted to physically hurt someone, the bully could trip them and make it seem like the kid's a klutz.

Although teachers not doing a goddamn thing is accurate with the right (or rather, *wrong*) teachers around. I was humiliated in front of teachers by these smarmy assholes at age 14 and when I verbally snapped back the bullies nearly kicked my ass in the above person A/B scenario mentioned above... until someone who felt sorry for me blocked their path. Teachers were 15 feet away the whole fucking time and were completely inured to it all.
>>
>>92360102
Yeah, I was bullied from first grade to eighth grade and this is 100% accurate, at least in suburban American school systems.

I never went through physical bullying, it was all emotional and verbal. (also cyberbulling but this was when online messaging was still in its infancy, so it wasn't taken seriously at all) When it came to anti-bullying seminars, we were only shown "steal your lunch money and throw you in your locker" examples of bullying. When we were taught the reasons you should see the school counselor, it was p much only for "life threatening" issues or if a kid was physically in danger. Never emotional.

Like I would have my things taken, was severely socially ostracized, my keychains ripped off my backpack and either destroyed or stolen, etc. One time I finally told a teacher and she just blinked at me and said "so what do you want me to do about it" like fuckin hell I was a kid, I didn't know what to do that's why I came to you.
>>
I had someone steal money from me ($5) in school and NEVER forgot it even 10+ years later. Like...the gall. And yes, it was money for lunch too! It hurt. I didn't realize she took the money until I was in the lunch line too.

But no not getting put in a locker afaik.
>>
>>92353370
You can't really blame them, you pretended to be pikachu when you got upset. I don't even know you and I wanna bully you
>>
>>92363095
I was the 3rd one. I stuck with the group of nerds playing with Yu-Gi-Oh cards. There's strength in numbers.
Also, the teacher was caught by police circle-jerking with college and highschool kids
>>
>>92353162
He is the face of /pol/, the savior of humanity.
>>
>>92359582
>That's how it tends to work outside of ghettos
Except that's wrong. Private schools usually have the worst cases. Public/ghetto schools have cars off fighting but "white"/rich private schools have more cases of rape, sexual assault, and severe cases of bullying until the victim commits suicide
>>
not where i went, the lockers were always too small even for the scrawny kids
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.