[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On Adventure Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 20

File: adventure-time.png (56KB, 780x641px) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time.png
56KB, 780x641px
What went wrong?
No, for real. I rewatched the pilot that exploded on the internet again recently, and there's just this charm that the full series failed to capture. Hell, even the first season did a decent job of capturing it, but then it stops being about a boy growing up in a magical world going on adventures, and becomes a drama about a hormonal teenage boy being written by someone who doesn't understand relationships or drama, where story arcs happen but they almost never have lasting consequences, and are often resolved in the most anticlimactic way possible.
And LSP totally raped Finn and everyone is just ok with it.
>>
>>92353126
LSP's one of the most hated characters right now, very few people were ok with it.
Plus she's so goddamn annoying.
>>
>>92353156
I meant more in the context of the show, though I'm glad to hear that I'm not in the minority for not liking that joke that ran its course long ago.
>>
>>92353126
Fire princess. Her existence in the show overstayed it's welcome.
>>
>>92353263
Bubbline and Simon wrecked Marceline as a whole too
>>
>>92353126
The show changed, whether you consider that a positive or a negative is subjective.

Personally, I still love the show. I think that if it had kept the same tone as the first season it would've become creatively stagnant very fast.
>>
>>92353126
Took itself too seriously basically
>>
>>92353126
Early AT is amazing but I never liked the pilot. It's mostly boring and not that funny, especially Ice King and Bubblegum who are so boring compared to their show characters. Glad other people liked it enough for the actual show to be made.

As for the rest it happens, AT had to change or die and change it did. I prefer the earlier seasons cause I think they were much better at being a fun wacky cartoon then a semi serious wacky cartoon that frequently deals with realistic topics, but on the whole I think they did an admirable job. Show was on the whole good the entire way through barring some rough periods in season 5 and 6.

>>92353263
Come on man, she showed up like 5 times before Finn broke up with her. Such an insignificant character she's barely a blip on the radar.
Porbablly for the best because she's real boring.
>>
The show is adding more and more variables and characters and subplots that it's just so big, it's not simple anymore.
>>
seasons 1-3 are good
>>
>>92353263
I don't hate FP, but her relationship with Finn was resolved and swept under the rug in the dumbest way possible.

>>92353284
Bubbline was dumb and comes out of nowhere, I'm fine with the Simon thing but it really started to dominate Ice King's character.

>>92353317
The recent Islands thing was fine, but you can't deny that the relationship drama was tiring, and too many story arcs had be resolved in completely dumb ways.
Even if it's improved lately, it's just been bad for too long for me to get back in.

>>92353336
I actually kind of liked IK and PB being huge cliches, it added to the silly fantasy feeling that the setting had. PB in the series proper feels like she suffers from an identity crisis early on, where the writers weren't really sure what they wanted her to be. And then later she just becomes candy Hitler.
>>
>>92353373
definitely the best cartooning I think there's been in the 2010's so far not counting Jack
>>
>>92353420
>but you can't deny that the relationship drama was tiring
Honestly, it wasn't even that big of a deal. I think it got blown way out of proportion. Seasons 5 and 6 were great, even if they had a few dud episodes.
>>
>>92353263
Her original semi-antagonist appearance was alright but the writers fucked everything up after that.

In literally her next appearance, they're both chill with each other. That's like at least half a season's worth of possible episodes skipped.

Then they got a female writer/artist to fill in the gap through a graphic novel but it came out shortly before or after they broke them up in the show. Poor woman.
>>
>>92353420
PB was barely even a cliche though, she was a dull prop. IIRC all she did was thank Finn for being a brave knight and kiss his forehead. With that being all we have to go on there's really not that much.

Even in season 1 I think they did a better job at playing with the usual princess cliches, like that part where she was saying bye to Finn and was like "Oh wait a minute" then pulled out her napkin thing and waves them off. Little touches like that put her above Pilot PB, and the better VA.

And show Ice King really stomps on Pilot Ice King in every metric.
>>
>>92353495
It was rightly blown out for giving us the finger with a second romance ship full of angst and wrecking Finn for such a long time

>>92353553
>dull prop
hell of a more entertaining watch than current PB whenever she appears
>>
>>92353497
Reminds me of the Kid PB thing that lasted all of one episode.

Honestly, it feels to me like Pendleton Ward doesn't run a tight enough ship, there are just all these weird plot holes that crop up, retcons that are introduced, and story arcs that just sort of go nowhere. It feels like he had no vision, and the series as a whole suffers for it.
I hate to bring Steven Universe into this, but that's more along the lines of how you should to a continuity based cartoon.
Say what you want about it, but at least things happen and stay happened. Characters develop, and tone shifts as the story develops.
>>
>>92353497
It feels like they never knew what to do with FP. She so rarely showed up even though she was the main's girlfriend, most of her episodes didn't revolve around her (fucking Ignition Point holy shit) and then when Earth and Water comes around they made her a wise ruler out of nowhere. None of it matches up and through all this she was a boring character.

Hell, her entire existence is a failure because she was made to let Finn be happy with a girlfriend then he acts retarded and screws up harder with her then PB. What a mess.
>>
>>92353646
From what I heard the girl who was writing her story arc left or something, so they just had Finn cucked by Cinnamon Bun.
>>
>>92353553
Season 1 PB was pretty good, yeah. She wasn't completely consumed by the mad scientist angle yet, and she still felt like a princess.

Show Ice King is good, but I feel like he was always a bit too goofy, even early on.
>>
>>92353600
>hell of a more entertaining watch than current PB whenever she appears
At this point I can see that argument but that's ignoring the at least 3-4 seasons where Bubblegum was lots of fun. Pilot PB would lack so much charm. Really not sure why you're so big on Pilot Bubblegum, she was really nothing special. The way the show made her a scientist and later on a legit politician went miles to make her character not totally boring.
>>
File: 1493484446922.gif (759KB, 170x144px) Image search: [Google]
1493484446922.gif
759KB, 170x144px
>>92353646
>loli PB can't rule because Ooo Kingdom Law says she's not 18
>FP takes over and rules Fire Kingdom despite being 15/16
>mfw
>>
>>92353712
I'm a different anon, and shit, I mean Season 1-4 PB > Current PB sorry about that
>>
>>92353713
That's ignoring the biggest plot point which is that Finn could have just kicked Lemongrab's ass and got him to leave the kingdom
Or the way that Bubblegum created all the candy people and for some reason made a rule that if she was under 18 she couldn't rule. What a retard, she deserved to get kicked off her throne
>>
>>92353600
In total, there's like what, 4 episodes dealing with the breakup? It never bothered me in the slightest. I disagree on wrecking Finn, depressed Finn was pretty interesting for the time we got it. Dungeon Train was a GOAT episode.
>>
The only redeeming thing left in the series is Jake. Jake has always been great.
>>
>>92353263
>>92353284
these desu
>>
>>92353748
Oh okay yeah I get that.

I feel like she can still be good sometimes but they make her too reserved and play up how competent she is. She's a fucking immortal genius scientist who can also kick people's ass and now has magic powers, too OP man.
It's annoying how she's blatantly the show's pet character.
>>
>>92353748
I always thought Season 5 and 6 PB were the most fun, playing up the crazy scientist angle pretty hard. I like that they've humanised her more in the recent seasons though.
>>
>>92353771
Ice King, Jake, 90% of Finn were always good. Even at their barest forms they're fun guys to watch and it's hard to screw up Jake and Ice King really bad.

Everyone else has their moments of shit.
>>
>>92353712
I'm actually not a fan of full on science PB, since they kind of forgot her original characterization as royalty in the process. It's just such a complete departure from the original character, it feels so forced and out of place.
>>
>>92353646
Remember when her emotions were so powerful they endangered the entire planet, because the show sure as shit doesn't
>>
>>92353759
>Or the way that Bubblegum created all the candy people and for some reason made a rule that if she was under 18 she couldn't rule.
Again, this comes back to the fact that the lore, for the most part, wasn't planned and was mostly made up on the spot. Which is unfortunate as it creates a ton of dumb plot holes.
>>
>At one point in the show Jake was the calm, reasonable one while Finn was the crazier one who frequently had to get bailed out of trouble by Jake
They sort of switched personalities as time went on
>>
>>92353763
Yes, Dungeon Train was good, but everything regarding his character angst story line from 5-7 every time he appeared was mostly toxic.

>>92353771
Jake's been a cockblock with the ladies lately and Finn needs to branch off from him IMO. Like, I get he was troubled to the core in Elements and was really rattled, but I don't think he should be THAT co-dependent on PB/Jake in his life.

>>92353759
Fucking that too. What the fuck would happen if she kicked him out? The Gumball Guardians would flip out? She fucking programmed them.
>>
File: Jake_Shapeshifter_Form.png (73KB, 276x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jake_Shapeshifter_Form.png
73KB, 276x500px
>>92353771
>The only redeeming thing left in the series is Jake.
Anon...
>>
>>92353960
>Jake gets design change and Finn still doesn't
Alright, NOW they're bullshitting around. They don't wanna age up his design with his character this pretty much confirms it.
>>
>>92353909
I have the rare opinion that usually AT manages to cobble their retard lore and histoy into each other in a way that actually makes sense a good amount of the time but the early stuff they established about the CK has never meshed with the season 5 onward stuff.

PB being 800 years old and even starting the thing in the first place just opens up way too many holes. I get the feeling that they just did it because they wantedd to make PB cooler and didn't care about the inconsistencies.
>>
>>92354006
Come on man, Jake's design is lasting two episodes at most then going back to normal. It's basically the equivalent of when Finn looked older in Puhoy or something.
>>
>>92353945
>but everything regarding his character angst story line from 5-7 every time he appeared was mostly toxic.
That basically ended with Breezy. The only time he gets depressed again is Music Hole which is another solid episode. The amount of episodes that actually deal with it is grossly over-exaggerated.
>>
File: IMG_0104.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
Sorry for phone posting but what did they mean by this???
>>
>>92354006
It's really weird because it was pretty clear that Finn was aging for awhile, but then just kind of stops aging at a certain point.
Hopefully they show an older Finn in the last episode, since it's ending soon.

>>92354015
I dunno. It's fine in some instances, but then it just brings up these really weird questions that the writers didn't think about, like why Jake's kids are half dog despite him not actually being a dog.
>>
>>92353945
>Like, I get he was troubled to the core in Elements and was really rattled, but I don't think he should be THAT co-dependent on PB/Jake in his life.

Look at context man, Finn had the weight of the world on his shoulders with out his main man to lean on. And even then he was still doing his job, he only temporarily lapsed into despair.
>>
>>92354091
He's half dog on Joshua's side I thought.

Even then I feel like that's not near all the Candy Kingdom stuff, and they keep doubling down on it even when it has such a flawed base.
Though I guess they don't care about the early seasons as much as some of us do so whatever.
>>
I miss when Marceline was just this hot goth chick next door who wanted to hang out with Finn to fill the ennui of her immortal life.
>>
It was bound to happen, AT really didn't have the comedy to become the new Spongebob and it would've taken a lot of effort and good writing to keep the premise exciting, fun and creative. The story driven narrative was going to happen eventually, and even if they fucked up immensely we all know we were all invested on what was going to happen.

Honestly is not that bad as some people make it out to be, specially the latest mini-series, and what Adventure Time was and was going to be wasn't as good as some other make it out to be, it was fresh, original and fun, and that's great and what western animation needed when it came out, but that's about it.
>>
>>92353126
>What went wrong?
Basically it went from
>hey we're totally in a nonsensical world having fun and being dumb heroes!
to
>We're on a post apocalyptic earth. The last human, who totally isn't the last human because the villain they were fighting was actually a human and so was the dumbass underground and his father who was in a crystal in another dimension and a bunch of people on an island exist, grows up and deals with several problems in his life from relationship issues to being the reincarnation of a comet that comes every 1000 years

Basically it one upped KH in retarded plot.
>>
>>92354044
>Back to normal
1. How you know that

2. Will this cause as much dissatisfaction as Finn regaining his arm

>>92354101
Finn had the weight of the world on his shoulders many times. He's kept it together more in Crossover and as a kid fighting the Lich on the brink of death. I chalk it up to three of many areas that make up his personality that fluctuates depending on the writer or episode. 1. Intelligence 2. Strength 3. composure

>>92354080
It's still apart of him. Even in elements with that PB scene even though they keep piledriving it into the ground they dig it up for some reason.
>>
>>92354153
Wait, so Jake is a rape baby?
>>
>>92354225
That's only like 20% as retarded as KH and you know it
The comet shit is the only stuff from AT that is full on retard I think
>>
>>92354225
Post Apocalypse was a thing from the very first episode. Hell, it wouldn't shock me if the pilot hinted at it.
But yeah, the plot got stupid after a while.
>>
>>92354153
The only early Candy Kingdom stuff that doesn't mesh well now is Lemongrab and I guess PB's uncle, but it's not so inconsisent that I can't overlook it. I feel like it's justifiable enough.
>>
>>92354252
>1. How you know that
Because I've been watching Adventure Time for like 6 years now. These things have patterns.
And it won't be as bad as Finn's arm because no one cares that much about poor Jakey or has much investment in this plot. Hell, I've seen lots of people saying they think his design is creepy so they'll probably be happy when he goes back to cute doggy form. Different situations.
>>
>>92353497
>Her original semi-antagonist appearance was alright but the writers fucked everything up after that.
it's funny because that applies to marceline too,.
>>
>>92354252
>He's kept it together more in Crossover and as a kid fighting the Lich on the brink of death.

And Jake was there. What's the thing that happened in Elements to make him freak out?

You're being way too hard on this thing, it's fine dude. If anything another reason I can use is that as Finn grows up he's started doubting himself a lot more so that coupled with Jake being gone gives plenty of valid reasoning that he would act how he did.
>>
>>92354272
Compared to Adventure Time KH makes sense.
I mean,, Adventure Time is trying to cram in too much lore that doesn't really connect like hybrid Jake, the elementals, Orgalorg, The Lich and so on.

At the very least with KH you can simplify it to he's Xehanort and they aren't.
>>
>>92354252
>Even in elements with that PB scene even though they keep piledriving it into the ground they dig it up for some reason.
That scene was great though. It shows how their relationship has evolved and how he treasures it. They're not hinting at fubble happening or anything like that, although it is likely that Finn still harbours some lingering romantic feelings.
>>
File: 1377761609877.jpg (81KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
1377761609877.jpg
81KB, 500x686px
WHAT A MESS WE MADE
WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG
>>
The show relied on lots of background buildup hype. Hinting at things to come over very long periods of time.

But in every case when the moments actually came they were rushed to fuck. At first it was relatively ignorable but over time it wore us all down to the point where we couldn't care anymore.
>>
>>92353126
He wanted it. The thing that pisses me off about it is there was no decent followup. I mean if you're gonna have Finn get raped I can get on board, but I want it to have a significant effect on him. Also I'd be interested to see how Finn's relationship with LSP changed as a result. I mean if you're gonna go drama I want to see drama. Or did that happen and I missed it?

as for your regular question, some of the writers changed, and a few of the others "matured" into stick-up-their asses artsy douchebags who think they're too cool for fun, and as a result put zero effort into writing jokes that are both silly and actually clever.
>>
>>92354252
>Even in elements with that PB scene even though they keep piledriving it into the ground they dig it up for some reason.
The show has literally always been consistent about Finn's unfaltering love for Bubblegum. Even when he was with FP he seemed to be totally into PB considering that as soon as he thought they broke up he went back to try humping Bubblegum's leg. They never piledrived that into the ground and I saw them bringing it up again as finally cementing that though he loves her his happy place is enjoying her friendship, which is tragic in a way but shows that he's moved in a form.

Just because Finn likes PB doesn't mean the relationship will happen, people don't seem to get this even though the show has been repeating it for like 5 years.
>>
File: hurry up Reggie.gif (638KB, 249x237px) Image search: [Google]
hurry up Reggie.gif
638KB, 249x237px
>>92354424
>"that road you're on leads to nowhere"
>"Sparkling eye scene in Pajama War"
>PB's look in Don't Look
>"Wizard Steps"
>Elements Fire PB scene
>Burnling Low/Incendium titlecard
They keep playing Ping Pong on whether he's over her or not. They're definitely gonna do something with the two of them together to resolve all this before the series ends.

Even after all this, it still feels like PB is on a way higher level than him and not nearly on equal-ish footing in terms of interaction. Not saying it'll be romantic like >>92354723 thinks

>>92354382
bleh. more levelheadedness and skill when in tight situations is what desire now that all the love BS is done with for the most part now. Not saying he should be an ultra badass that kicks the shit outta the Lich, but more experienced.
>me
>>
>>92354723
how upset will you be if she does bang him tho
>>
>>92353646
I hate Ignition Point so much. That was definitely written by somebody who's scared of grills and wants as little to do with them as possible.
>>
FP came along and from the onwards to the end of S6 it just continued to get more dull. Stakes was okay but it came in too late to bring back the original charm, and added way too much lore besides.
>>
>>92354681
I don't think LSP actually raped him. I got the impression that it was just an intense make-out session. Metaphorically, I guess it's analogous to rape, to show how far Finn had become corrupted or whatever.
>>
>>92353284
I hate bubbline because it's the reason Marcy doesn't hang out with Finn anymore
>>
>>92354883
AT has disappointed me so many times that it can't make me mad anymore but that has the potential of being the single most retarded thing the show ever does.

I don't think it will happen, but if it does happen it will be morbidly funny to see AT piss away so many years of goodwill.
>>
>>92354825
I mean, you're right and I agree that at this point Finn really should be a few levels of badass above where he is, but I think the reasons for how he was in Elementals were fine.

Sadly we'll at most see the dream cool older Finn in the last episode of the show. AT is just too terrified to touch it. I can understand it but it's still lame.

Though perhaps a blessing because they probably can't do peak Finn justice.
>>
>>92354982
submit to us anon
>>
>>92353960
I guess this is just cause he was the father's monster baby (or was that germaine)
>>
>>92354982
He's never going to be completely over her. That's not how it works. But he's reached a point where he can be happy just being her friend as >>92354723 said, so he's definitely come a long way. Their interactions actually have been on pretty equal footing since Pajama War and season 7.
>>
>>92353497
That graphic novel came out right after the breakup, didn't it?

Made it hurt so much more.
>>
>>92355181
I think it's stupid and sort of unhealthy but power to you if you still ship them.
You're like the equivalent of an organism that can survive a nuclear bombing if you're still around after the years and years of the show sitting on that couple.
>>
>>92355388
meant for >>92354825
>>
>>92354362
"Daddy why did you eat my fries" was okay

The lesbian teasing stuff was handled clumsily both by writers and fans

Backstory with Ice King completely defanged her as did Ice King being Simon

>>92353674
"the girl" is the creator/showrunner of SU

But I don't know how true this is because Sugar wrote only her first episode and then left.
>>
>>92355423
I think it was like 3 months before the breakup. Was certainly poor timing.
>FP's part where she issues that heartfelt "I LOVE HIM" part
>then a few weeks later he shits on her life so he can jizz in his pants
So much for tru luv right
Poor girl, and poor Finn for the writers sabotaging him
>>
>>92355284
Jake was the monster baby.
>>
>>92355463
Sugar wrote every FP episode until Ignition Point, she was doing other stuff after that then soon left.

I get the impression that FP was her personal creation and Sugar was the one mostly pushing her as a new girlfriend for Finn since PB was mostly out of reach by then.
>>
>>92354950
I know the dude who wrote it wanted it to be kissing in the literal, and 'sex' only as a metaphor, but it was portrayed as such a heavy thing. Making out until it's dark and falling asleep together? Getting so traumatized by making out that you have a vision? Shit's weird man.

>to show how far Finn had become corrupted
that's sad that they'd want to make that point. all he wanted was some love. it ain't wrong.
>>
>>92353126
Anyone who doesn't think something went wrong is either forgetting or is too new to remember that this show was once so popular it had a constant drawthread just for AT up on /co/.
>>
>>92355684
>Sugar ruined AT
>Sugar ruined SU

Really makes you think
>>
File: Adventure Time 061-014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time 061-014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>92355388
>>92355458
>Be happy while your crush smooches all over someone else in your presence
>Date another girl but it never feels right because she'll always be the one for you
>die in agonizing complacency and be reincarnated as their child
JUST
>>
>>92355720
I appreciate how much torture they're willing to put the lad through but the lack of meaningful change that comes from them ruin it. At most the big shit that happesn to him mean he will be slightly more or less mopey the next dozen episodes, if that.

AT's view on adulthood demonstrated through Finn seems to be
>Being a kid is the fucking best, hypest thing ever
>Being a young teen is a literal hell where you're a piece of shit and suck and bad things happen to you because you deserve it
>Being a slightly older teen is pretty okay but you only reach this point if you're tough enough to survive the young teen death march

What the hell man, give the boy a break.
>>
>>92355881
dammit I meant agonizing discontentment
>>
>>92355720
>it ain't wrong.
What was wrong is he thought kissing a bunch of girls would make him happy, but it was superficial. It took genuine passion from Breezy for Finn and Finn for PB to reignite the spark within him.
>>
>>92355881
What the fuck, that is really damn weird. Is Finn such a cuck that the universe sees fit to make him come back to life a the offspring of his dream girl and her bull? That's fucking weird and sort of gross.

Also why the hell is Davey there, they must have really been reaching for alt Finns huh.
>>
>>92356109
I'm pretty sure younger Finn would absolutely maul older Finn in a battle.

>>92356315
I fucking told you the writers hate him
>>
>>92355834
Or has a different opinion.
>>
>>92356315
In that universe, Davey is a pre-mushroom war life that Finn had
>>
I swing back and forth a lot on modern AT, at times I'll be totally cool with it then other times I'll think it systematically ruined every good thing about the old show.

At the very least I feel like Finn's been satisfactory for a while now, feels like instead of jerking themselves off over how mature he is they finally started writing him as being fucking mature. It's nice, I loved him these past two miniseries and hope he's still good into the end of the show.
>>
>>92356109
What confuses me about it is why would people with such a dim view of being a teenager/adult want to write about that instead of more of the fantasy adventures of child-Finn the superhero? Did they do it for street cred? Ratings?
>>
>>92356462
The comic writers are different from the show, the cuck infection is spreading. Soon there will be a sidequest in a new AT game where you have to get a bottle of water for Bubblegum so she and Marceline can continue wrestling in their private room that no Finn of course you aren't allowed in, it's for grownups only silly.
>>
>>92356313
>he thought kissing a bunch of girls would make him happy
hell man, for a guy as starved as he is, it might.

It was a little much to drop this whole
>sex won't heal the hole in your soul
business on a 14-16 year old virgin kid.
>>
I never got into the show. never liked the humor of the show. I did like that card game episode tho
>>
>>92356798
I always see the AT writers as screwing up because of incompetence and not malice. They seem like people who are too decent to do shit like this on purpose.

There are little things like Wolfhard saying he thought it was funny when Finn looked like a clumsy idiot but I think that's too little evidence to show that they're putting Finn through this because they don't like him/young men.

They're trying to show the hardships of youth and that shit but accidentally making it look really werid, and Finn takes way too long to better himself as a person after these experiences.
>>
File: 54258525_p0.jpg (87KB, 570x881px) Image search: [Google]
54258525_p0.jpg
87KB, 570x881px
>>92353126
Just because it's different from the pilot doesn't mean its bad. I think the surreal elements of the show work with a more grounded tone and just because it isn't a random meme fest doesn't make it bad, I still love it and it will always be one of my favourite cartoons.
>>
>>92355881
>Date another girl but it never feels right because she'll always be the one for you
But Finn was totally willing to move on several times. Puhoy, HW before she ruined it because she's weird.

Even if he's thinking "I wish I was pounding Bubblegum right now" in the back of his head every time they do it doesn't mean that he can't get a happy ending with a different person. Hell, one of the best ways Finn can move on as an adult who knows his shit is to realize that PB is sort of a bad person and their personalities would never match enough for them to have a satisfying relationship. There's hope for him yet.
>>
>>92355881
>Davey
>reincarnation

That episode felt like the writers were lazing around more than usual
>>
>>92357417
>But Finn was totally willing to move on several times. Puhoy, HW before she ruined it because she's weird.
nah senpai those were temporary flings to get his mind off the pain that is not having PB

he'll want to get laffy with her taffy until the day he croaks. only hope is that marcy's a flinger
>>
>>92357142
>Finn takes way too long to better himself as a person after these experiences.
I haven't seen him better himself in any meaningful way. Mostly he's just like "eh that sucked" and tries to forget. Which is really passive and lame behavior compared to how I think Finn should act. He's the aggressive problem-solver guy who helps everyone. What terrible irony is it that the one person he can't help is himself?

I think it's a good example of trying to give a character your personal problems, even though you yourself haven't solved them yet.
>>
>>92357725
If anything that definition fits FP more than anyone else which is funny because that relationship lasted the longest.

But I feel like he can easily move on as long as he just represses those feelings harder (because that vault will never break) and finds some hoe who's willing to put up with him.
>>
>>92357819
I want him to stop being so passive with people giving him shit, and mostly when PB gets all subtlety/sometimes visibly annoyed with him.

Needs to tell her to stuff it, stat.
>>
>>92353626
Kid PB was because they thought they were in finale mode, wasn't it? But then they got renewed.

Aging her up in the next episode was the first push downhill.
>>
>>92357991
first crush best crush

only Pink for his Sausage Link.
>>
>>92357819
I mean I can only think of bits and pieces like Finn apologizing to FP after a million billion years or being understanding enough to not try to force something with HW. (Man it's pretty lame how much of Finn's character development revolves around romance).

I feel like he's grown more but I can't remember much else off the top of my head. They go for the subtle route which is a fancy way of saying the low effort route.
>>
>>92358148
First crush is a legit terrible person who's also a lesbian (what's the difference hyuck hyuck).
Finn being single all his life is a better end for him then someone who treats him like trash and would keep him around for his skilles more than anything else.
>>
>>92358349
>singlefag lesbofag
take it back and fling urself into the nearest highway intersection
>>
>>92358521
Only after that gummy bitch does it first.
>>
>>92358349
>someone who treats him like trash and would keep him around for his skilles more than anything else
But that's how all women act
>>
I'm really worried that the show will think Finn meeting his mom means his character development is at an end and that he'll be in the background the rest of the show, feel like there's still so much to explore with him

I'd rather more episodes focuse on putting Finn in a healthy place instead of them trying and failing to resolve the amazingly silly lore they got stuck with after years of doing whatever the hell they want. AT lore has never been good but its characters are pretty cool, focus on them.

Also I still don't understand the purpose of Fern's existence.
>>
>>92358238
>They go for the subtle route which is a fancy way of saying the low effort route.
It's more realistic. People don't change noticeably on a dime. I think it takes more effort to make that change happen over a long period, than to neatly resolve things like Finn and FP over a few episodes. That would've been extremely contrived, but by Bun Bun, I actually believe that Finn has changed and it feels sincere.
>>
>>92358710
Some of them at least try to put on a veneer of liking them as a person, if anyone bothered with Finn he would totally fall for it.
He's still falling for it when PB does it.
>>
>>92358740
There's a difference between extreme sudden change and virtually nonexistent slow change. I think AT does the later more often than it should, makes me wonder if there's been any change at all.
>>
>>92358873
>makes me wonder if there's been any change at all.
That's good writing.
>>
>>92358563
"You dare doubt my malleability and IQ, anon? What a dillweed! hehe!
>>
>>92359077
Not really. It's just a lazy way of keeping status quo.
>>
File: 1461641481008.gif (121KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461641481008.gif
121KB, 300x300px
Anyone have pics of all the princess that only appeared in the comic book?

I wanna see which ones are worth requesting in the drawthread or at least some shmuck whos willing to draw for free
>>
File: Adventure Time Comics 006_010.jpg (812KB, 1324x2026px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time Comics 006_010.jpg
812KB, 1324x2026px
>>92359753
i happen to have this but i dont think this is all of them

also Agent Princess gets recognition
>>
File: Adventure Time Comics 006_014.jpg (759KB, 1309x2025px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time Comics 006_014.jpg
759KB, 1309x2025px
>>92359859
>>
>>92359274
I guess it's a matter of preference, but I really enjoy the more subtle approach to storytelling in the later seasons. Rather than being explicitly told how a character is feeling and changing, you pick it up through dialogue and small character moments.
>>
>>92359859
man, Ice king has a weird tas-
>>92359962
oh that explains it
>>
>>92359859
Okay Princess is best girl
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo-love The Ice King
>>
I re-watched a S1 episode where Finn and Jake have to go to LSP's home world to get a cure for Jake's lumps.

It was pretty shit, desu.
>>
>>92360436
Never liked that one much myself but I love S1
>>
>>92360586
What are your expectations for the final season anon, for me I want them to bring Nightmare princess not that thing they showed in the orb
>>
>>92360874
I want Finn to get an interesting sendoff and not much more beyond that honestly
Sorry to say that I don't think that version of NP will ever exist sad to say
>>
>>92360874
I want Finn to get into a stable relationship. It doesn't really matter who, but it's clearly something he desires and has had a lot of struggle with, so it'd be nice to see him end up with someone.
>>
File: IMG_0783.jpg (90KB, 871x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
90KB, 871x918px
>>92353126
Best ship will never be canon
>>
File: tumblr_o43jj7eMli1tydk8vo1_1280.png (382KB, 1280x889px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o43jj7eMli1tydk8vo1_1280.png
382KB, 1280x889px
>>92361714
I don't know, I think it's got a chance.
>>
File: izumi07 - AT doodle.jpg (353KB, 992x710px) Image search: [Google]
izumi07 - AT doodle.jpg
353KB, 992x710px
>>92361714
>>92361835
i like you two as well
>>
>>92358238
That's pretty lame that his character development about romance is realizing he just shouldn't try to have one. I know it's not PC or whatever but sometimes to get a girl you have to be persistent and believe in your own self-worth.

I'm always reminded of that episode of Hey Arnold where the model tries to turn down Ernie because he's short, and he's all "fuck you ho, I'm great and you're making a mistake" and it turns her around.

Like, what would it be like if, even after doing that awful thing, Finn tried to win FP back? Or seduce HW out of being a monk?
>>
>>92362172
Adventure Time is written by beta cucks who believe that being persistent is a bad thing, and that one should just roll over on the first sign of rejection.
>>
>>92362172
>I know it's not PC or whatever but sometimes to get a girl you have to be persistent
That's exactly what the message of Flute Spell was. If things don't work out, you pick yourself up and try again. The reason why he didn't try to get with HW was because he recognised that it wouldn't work out between them at that time, which took a lot of maturity.
>>
>>92362507
Doesn't really show maturity. It's likely he's been tossed around so much, learned not to spill spaghetti as hard and doesn't pursue it.
>>
>>92362682
Finn is likely still an idiot when it comes to romance, and Huntress Wizard explicitly told him that she didn't want to pursue a romantic relationship for fear of becoming soft. Maybe there'll be a time when they can be together, but at that time it wouldn't have worked out, and it took maturity to understand and respect that.
>>
>>92362172
>Like, what would it be like if, even after doing that awful thing, Finn tried to win FP back? Or seduce HW out of being a monk?
Then FP would say fuck off and he might lose his friendship with her. She's boring anyway so who cares.
With HW I see it being a lot more plausible, her choice is basically between happiness and strength and he could use his hero charm to tell her that not only is happiness better but she could end up with both, after a while. Bullshit wizard powers aren't the only source of worth.

However, your entire point is silly because
> to get a girl you have to be persistent and believe in your own self-worth.
Is exactly what PB was, though maybe without the self worth part. Finn tried and tried even after he was rejected, and he never got her. Hell, that was basically a good portion of Finn and FP's relationship too, Finn fighting obstacles that were in the way of them being together.

It's less that Finn always gives up at the first sign of struggle and more that he realied sometimes you just gotta know when to bail. PB and FP are way off the table (or at least should be) but with HW, should the show ever decide he should cross paths with her, there would be nothing wrong with him putting another go at it but at the same time if she still isn't down he should respect that, ya dig.
>>
>>92362403
how do we take the show back from the cucks?
>>
>>92353126
Lasted too long. Lost it's magic to me around the first Christmas episode. Explaining the Ice King's backstory was really great writing but I feel like it solidly grounded the story. Before it was all about this fantasy world that was unlike anything else, we didn't know where it came from or what it was.
>>
>>92353156
I don't like how she was forced into elementals.
>>
>these anons trying to piece together how Finn should feel about FP, PB, and HW
Foolish autists
>>
>>92368623
PB is a dead end, so he should just get over her and move on the best he can.
FP is lame and a poor match for Finn, he can do better.
HW is an option, but there's nothing he can do about it. She might come around, she might not.
>>
>>92368752
WHEN WILL THIS GUY LEARN THAT finnceline is the best choice fuck off fag if you think otherwise
>>
I'm gonna sound like a fucking heretic, but after rewatching season 1 and parts of season 2 , I dont think they were are great as people here made them out to be. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of great episodes in those seasons, but there were also a lot of meh and forgettable ones. I dunno, maybe my sense of humor changed. I have also enjoyed most of the show throughout it's run, and still consider it one of my favorite cartoons.
>>
>>92368782
She isn't interested though. And neither is Finn. Their relationship is fine as friends/bros.
>>
>>92368817
shut ur fuckin mouth with your hatespeech
>>
>>92353626

I think that you can blame Rebecca Sugar for this part of the story. She wanted make a big surprise with all this "my princess" thing and Ice King, so she created this character called "Doctor Princess" to be the real Betty identity... but people noticed it very easily and a convention a fan asked the crew for it, Pendletton leave her answer it (because she made this surprise) and she said: "No she is not Betty"

This happened before of season 3 and after of season 2. Soo... I don't know how they decided it, but they decided fix this problem and make it more a "surprise" making PB the real Betty... Then if PB is Ice King lost girlfriend... then PB can't be Finn's little girlfriend... So they returned it to its original form. Sugar then created FP to replace PB.

You can consider Sugar like the Lauren Zuke of Adventure Time (I don't want offend her, it was very less extreme). She wanted make new romances for Finn, using the characters that she like most, like Marceline who even had some sketch for a kiss scene, but it was erased and they used and random ending (Jake fart) and it's probably because Pendletton himself had a ship defined (PB).

At the end Sugar created her own character (Compare FP with Lapis Lazuli) and she made a canon ship with Finn. In her defense I can say that Marceline is a very good character and FP had sooo much potential (Like lapis lazuli).
>>
>>92368856
It's the truth.
>>
>>92368921
>I think that you can blame Rebecca Sugar for this part of the story. She wanted make a big surprise with all this "my princess" thing and Ice King, so she created this character called "Doctor Princess" to be the real Betty identity... but people noticed it very easily and a convention a fan asked the crew for it, Pendletton leave her answer it (because she made this surprise) and she said: "No she is not Betty"
>This happened before of season 3 and after of season 2. Soo... I don't know how they decided it, but they decided fix this problem and make it more a "surprise" making PB the real Betty... Then if PB is Ice King lost girlfriend... then PB can't be Finn's little girlfriend... So they returned it to its original form. Sugar then created FP to replace PB.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a single word of that. Sounds like complete BS.
>>
>>92368921
source your claims
>>
>>92368815
Hear hear. I think the humour is better in the more recent seasons honestly. There's more restraint or something, it feels more natural. Sometimes it's like the early seasons are trying too hard to be funny all the time.
>>
>>92361835
My man
>>
Because of the way the characters have developed since season 1 there's no way Finn and PB could ever happen or work. Unless they did some really forced shitty ending to the series.
>>
>>92371306
Well yeah, the only people who would argue that are fubblefags in serious denial.
>>
>>92368815
I agree lots of people are just going off of nostalgia or are upset that the show tried to be more. In the last year or so I've seen a huge wave of "cartoons should only be episodic comedies reeee" type attitudes. Maybe more people need to rewatch the first few seasons.
>>
>>92353126
>becomes a drama about a hormonal teenage boy being written by someone who doesn't understand relationships or drama, where story arcs happen but they almost never have lasting consequences, and are often resolved in the most anticlimactic way possible.
>And LSP totally raped Finn and everyone is just ok with it.
There you go. You answered the question yourself.
>>
>>92353126
I don't think you really "get" the show OP.

That being said s4 was bad, and that seems to be wear most of your complaints lie.
>>
>>92368921
I'm pretty sure this never happened. Since each episode takes 9 months to make
>>
>>92353126
You just answered your ow question, it turned a nonsensical show attempting to pay homage to rubberhose into a story driven romance and angst fest and it just didn't work.
>>
File: happymothersday.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
happymothersday.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>92353126
>inb4 the later seasons were the plebfilter
but in all seriousness i think what the series was trying to capture was the crux of growing up as a boy itself.
the first few seasons were blissful and wacky obviously portraying childhood with finn's obliviousness and optimism
the later seasons (especially the infamous season 6) was about the new hardships being faced along with puberty and growing up, i.e: felt a lot more moody, explicit and less 'fun'.
imo the latest season felt a lot more in the spirit of a mixture of the two as finn starts to mature and being more in tune with his emotions and plus that Islands miniseries was fucking amazing but thats just my opinion i guess
>>
>>92353126
idkkkkkkk....this is probs just me but the off-kilter and awkward plot structure of the series is something i really admire. i mean i do enjoy a good well-structured plot as the next guy but i can appreciate AT for being different (albeit in a bad way for other people)
>>
>>92368815
THIS. god the ADHD-filled L0LXD humor of the first season almost made me not pick up the show
>>
>>92372283
>>92372283
I sincerely wish you two didnt
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.