[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this episode wasnt that bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: pauper.png (267KB, 661x497px) Image search: [Google]
pauper.png
267KB, 661x497px
this episode wasnt that bad
>>
>>92348464
It's not bad at all. humour wise it's solid. Simpsons plots are only a problem if the humour doesnt work
>>
File: 881413.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
881413.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>Up yours, children!

It's definitely one of the funniest Skinner episodes. I never saw what was so wrong with it. I'm not really so wrapped up with continuity as some people are I guess.
>>
>>92348464

I didn't realize people had such a problem with this episode until I came to /co/ a few years ago. Now "Homer's Enemy" on the other hand....
>>
>>92348672
What did you not like about Homer's Enemy? That's one of my favourite episodes.
>>
>>92348464
Is this the episode folks point to as the "turning point" for the series? I never got it, personally. I thought it was pretty funny.

>>92348570
Case in point.
>>
File: 1299090112322.jpg (85KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1299090112322.jpg
85KB, 500x384px
>>92348464

ITT: Shit taste plebes
>>
File: im out.gif (321KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
im out.gif
321KB, 500x375px
>>92348570
>Watch show where character personalities, motives, and backstories get you interested

>Writer throws you for a loop, its all fake, that person never really was that

>Episode ends with them still being that for absolutely shit reasons so we return to everything being normal despite the fact that that character really isn't that character, but from now on you have to pretend they are.

Pretty easy to understand. It punishes the audience for investing in a character and paying attention, and then created a character development hindrance for the rest of the series.
>>
>>92348464

It's just death by a thousand cuts

>Skinner isn't really Skinner
>Homer is a retard because he shoved a crayon in his brain because he wants to be a retard
>Other shark jumping shit I'm sure someone else could think of

It just all adds up
>>
>>92348814
>>92348464
>>92348570

When folks like you have opinions like this, do you ever consider that maybe you just have bad taste?
>>
>>92349168
All the male Simpsons have a retard gene.
>>
>>92348967
Personally, I disagree. The episode require you to care about continuity so you can be invested in the twist. The story itself greatly fleshed out the otherwise terrible relationship between Agnes and Seymour, and showed another side to the latter.

The only problem was the end, where they undid everything.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.