[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend /co/ creation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 74

File: 1327900170626.jpg (712KB, 1157x1321px) Image search: [Google]
1327900170626.jpg
712KB, 1157x1321px
Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
http://the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_/co/nservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/92131042/
>>
File: co 1492957006378.jpg (101KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
co 1492957006378.jpg
101KB, 1200x795px
Last time

-Talked about GG
-BQ comic is still being worked on
-Lovely Ladybug Summer Special comic is still being worked on
-Talked about Kid Cookie
-More on some of the other Summers siblings
-New characters
-Other stuff I didn't mention
>>
Hey guys! Sorry I'm Late. Here's 2 more Rage Racer pages. line 511 is where the new stuff is. After reading a good bit of Dirk Manning's "Write or Wrong" I have made the new content what I belive to be better spaced out and more "Collaberator freindly". This time I hope that the pages are less compact and easier to read. As for fixing the old stuff it will happen, just behind the scences for now. I don't want people to search for changes at the beginning so I'll see if I can Change it for one big update.
https://pastebin.com/a7FvmCPp
As always critiques are welcome and encouraged.
>>
>>92340396
Also at the request of one anon, I decided to give an honest try to color this. However it was taking all week and cutting into my writing time. So I decided to stop here. I was planning on more poses for this character, So for now enjoy this 3/4ths ass attempt
>>
>>92340396
Ctrl+f "barley" and replace all instances with "barely".

Line 552
>His awakening s sudden
is sudden

>The window shows its late afternoon
it's

Line 570
>Panel 4: NN is now heading towards the exiting the room, RR talking out of frame.
NN is heading towards the room's exit, talking to RR out of frame.

Line 572
>satiation
situation

Line 580
>checks his pockets for the winnings in his pocket
That's redundant.
"checks his pockets for his lotto winnings"

And the nurse stealing form a patient like that is fucked up. I'd expect RR to go down the path of super villainy with a dick move like that happening to him.
>>
>>92341167
Well maybe I could edit it to be maybe $20 out of his winnings. But even still my plan is to have him be a vocal savior. His whole thing is that he has so many criticisms about his town and he'll soon get the power to DO something about it. I plan to show that, as bitter and angry as he is, there will be flashbacks of generosity from RR.

Plus given the job I think RR would at least understand where that woman's coming from, as wrong as it is.
>>
File: KeK.png (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
KeK.png
16KB, 400x300px
>>
File: Mill.png (69KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mill.png
69KB, 1000x1000px
My idea for a B-tire psychic

Still working it out
I had more character designs but I erased cause I actually liked the one character design
>>
>>92341988
So what powers does a B rate psychic have?
>>
File: Carina_castle_page_main.jpg (39KB, 517x479px) Image search: [Google]
Carina_castle_page_main.jpg
39KB, 517x479px
8th for VFT Ladies Night.

Giggling at the idea of a Bird of Prey-esque team with technically non-girl girls plus Ladybug..
>>
File: Quick Sketch.png (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Quick Sketch.png
87KB, 800x800px
>>92340435
and a quick sketch of what I'm working on now
>>
>>92342206
VFT ladies night just makes me think of a story where VFT was doing a job with the Vixen Six.
>>
>>92340435
is she a hobbit
>>
>>92342852
This is why I abandoned it earlier on. She's not supposed to be short, or at least she's supposed to be proportional. I think it's the mask that makes her head look to big and just not knowing how long legs and arms are when drawing.

I can only try to improve for next time
>>
>>92341689
What does it sound like?
>>
>>92342171
That's what i'm trying to figure out.
>>
>>92343554
Usually at the top end of the psychic power ratings are things like telekinesis and mental manipulation. The ability to physically influence things instead of just passively being aware of them.

We have at least one psychic character who is on the high end of the scale since both her parents have psychic powers and she inherited all of them and then some.
But I guess her parents would both be on a low end of the psychic power ratings. Mind reading on its own I guess is pretty low tier, and psychometric abilities can easily screw over the user by making it hard to tell what is real and what is not.

So a mid level psychic would need to be someone with enough control not to let their powers get the better of them and also have the ability to apply their power in a useful way.
>>
File: Trine Cover Art.png (702KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Trine Cover Art.png
702KB, 1000x1500px
Hi, /coc/

It's been a while.
Do y'all remember these three?
>>
>>92344266
Newfag but still wanna know more.
>>
>>92344684

It was a pitch that didn't quite catch on.

There was a basis for the plot (made space for future rewriting), just wanted a story that wasn't "heavily" focused on a single character but multiple interconnected ones.

It involved the goody-boy scout pretending to be a hero, the forlorn best friend who plays villain and the anti-hero which brings things up a whole notch.

The gist went like this:

Two best buddies, reunited after a long period of time, decide to relive their fantasy dreams of being superheroes (taking place in a world where superheroes are indeed abundant) due to their city being ranked one of the most 'boring and mundane' place to live in the entire earth.

It became a huge success (unbeknownst to the masses that they are just mock fights) and soon people come from all over the world and watch the magnificent battles, akin to the ones people read in the comic books themselves (very Golden Age-esque).

However, deep within the city's charm lies a dark and terrible secret, one where ruthless vigilante has come to seek to destroy from within.

Events unfurl in this mix of grim dark and light-hearted hero on hero action!

These three individuals eventually clash, fates entwined, as they all learn in their own terms to what it truly means to be a "superhero".

----------------------

So hwacha think anon?
>>
File: uDeftryK5tl8k.gif (1MB, 480x220px) Image search: [Google]
uDeftryK5tl8k.gif
1MB, 480x220px
>>92345113
That is a pretty dope idea. So then later on they start to realize one of them isn't fake fighting anymore? Does one get coerced into being legit bad?
>>
File: 1444109173224.png (4MB, 1700x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1444109173224.png
4MB, 1700x2338px
>>92345306

The line gets so blurred eventually that it basically boils down to personal motives.

Legit bad?
Maybe.

The one playing the villain eventually gets hellbent in killing the vigilante for "ruining the city"

So his best friend (one playing hero) has to stop him.
For real.

I guess that was more of the finale more than anything.
>>
>>92345449
So are these guys actually super powered or do they try fighting with pyrotechnics and other effects gear?
>>
>>92345544

None of them are superpowered per se...

(Note that ALL of this is a work in pending)

Archenemy (Hugh "Wells" Greene was his name) has a genius level intellect but is very asocial. The only ever friend he had was JD before he moved away when they were just kids.

He builds the tech for himself and his best friend.

His face is all wrecked with shards due to him experimenting on a mysterious meteorite (can be a tie in for some other /coc/ stuffs but for now it's just unexplained) which he later utilizes as JD's weapon.

JD (Jonathan Dominic Easton) is a typical high school teenage boy. He runs track, is friends with everybody, helps the bullies and the bullied, and a diligent student. He is raised in a family of five, with a younger sister and a baby brother. Life couldn't be more perfect for JD living in New Lamenton until his oldest friend resurfaces.

JD uses a not-so unique gadget he wears on his left arm that allows him to displace himself at certain distances with varying momentum (a pseudo-speedster). The mysterious crystal leaves a greenish trail behind him when in use lending him the moniker, Ghost.

Andy Splinter , aka Theta to the criminal world, is a ruthless vigilante on the hunt for [INSERT BADDIE] which has led her to New Lamenton, a seemingly peaceful city. Raised by her father, an ex secret agent for a hero containment organization discharged for reasons unknown, she carries with her many skills with deadly precision. Armed with an array of self-made gadgets and her trusty sidearm, Andy seeks to enact vendetta on the covered-up murder of her father as well as cleaning the world's scum in the process.

------------
>>
Here are their beef/cheesecake art that I drew back then.
>>
File: Theta Andy Splinter Cheesecake.png (192KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Theta Andy Splinter Cheesecake.png
192KB, 800x1300px
>>92346207
>>
>>92346230
>>
>>92344266
I remember them.

I liked that plot line we had going.
>>
File: Shirtless Request.png (263KB, 1056x943px) Image search: [Google]
Shirtless Request.png
263KB, 1056x943px
>>92346439

I've been practicing my art ever since I got criticized for it.
I think I'm ready.
>>
>>92346555
Damn, beefy.

Did you save all the notes and discussion we had from when we were still actively talking about the project?
I did.

Did you ever come up with a name? Last I saw it was something like Trine. It had Tri at the beginning at least.
>>
>>92346702

I wasn't able to

>spoiler

Yes!

And I think we settled with Trine?
Dunno, we kinda created the story first than the characters so I guess they don't really serve any purpose but as plot devices.
>>
>>92343841
Kek whoops I got psychic mixed with magic somehow
>>
>>92340020
That is some wonderful drawing.
>>
>>92346833
Trinity time table, time travel included

-6 or more years before the story starts - Wells and JD are friends, Wells' parents die and he movies away
-At least one year before the story starts - JD from the future is flung into the past and starts preparing for the exact moment he catches up to the present
-A month or so before the story starts - Wells is experimenting with some orb that blows up in his face. Shards get stuck in his face that are slowly killing him. Has paranoia I assume and trusts no one aside from JD whom he reaches out to.
-The story starts - Wells decides to spend his remaining time alive pretending to be a super villain and builds a super suit for JD so they can have mock battles and bring in tourism for the city they grew up in.
-Events that take place over the next 4 to 6 months can be considered their golden era full of grandiose performances and showboating.
-4 to 6 months into the story - Theta arrives in the city with the intent to kill Wells since she sees him as a real villain and must kill evil because she has daddy issues.
-Events over the next 6 to 4 months - Theta has disrupted their performances, put civilians in danger with her overly brutal tactics, and has forced Wells to become more and more dangerous just to defend himself. Future JD works in the background to make sure no one dies as he already knows where and when everything will happen and what to focus on. He cannot interfere with these events and it hurts him a lot inside.

So I had a thought about JD and Wells, the two bros who pretend to be a superhero and supervillain respectively to bring in tourism to their city.
And there's also the girl who thinks Wells is a real supervillain and uses overly brutal tactics to fight him, escalating the whole thing from mock battles to real battles.

cont.
>>
>>92347590
But anyway, this is an idea I had about JD and Wells.
Let's say they're having a day off to just hang out and bro it up. They go have lunch somewhere and get talking, telling jokes, the usual stuff you do with friends.

So JD tells a particularly funny joke and it gets Wells laughing, the only problem is his laugh is the same as his evil persona's laugh and that's turning heads.
JD plays it off saying that Wells does a really good impression of Archenemy (or whatever Wells calls himself when in costume) and that defuses the situation.

But Theta, the overly brutal vigilante girl, was also in the restaurant and heard this, kicking off the downward spiral that leads to the end.

-Events here are unknown to me, but Wells' condition worsens and the city is being evacuated as he's going critical. I assume he is having a final showdown with Theta. JD puts on his super suit and pushes it beyond it's limits to get back to the city since he feels he needs to at least try to save him.
-Point of time travel - JD punches Wells so hard in the face that the shards embedded in his face transfer energy to JD and sends him back in time 2 years.
-As Wells is flung backwards, future JD catches him and that's the end of part one.

Part two focuses on what future JD was doing in the background during part one.
This consists of making contact with a super group, explaining the situation, finding out he has time, making plans, and making sure no one dies during the time Theta fucked up their routine.

Part three is what comes after with Wells being treated by some super groups smart person.

I'm leaning towards Dr. Castle since she's with the Justice /co/mrades, and Doctor SCIENCE is an enemy they've studied extensively which has has given them knowledge about the dos and don'ts of time travel.

And that's what I had saved in my /coc/ txt file.
>>
>>92347590
>>92347614

Hey anon, lets try to flesh each character some more.

Make them less two-dimensional, which one you wanna start with?

(I'll draw some art too.)
>>
>>92347955
Let's start with Theta. She's the one of the three I always felt was the most flat.

All there is to her right now is she's angry. She could do with a better motive to push her into becoming involved in the mock battles, some incident that convinces her that Wells is a genuine threat or something.
>>
Oh shit, /co/ is speed forcing tonight.
>>
>>92348122

Alright give me an hour

>>92349367

Hwacha mean?
>>
>>92349634
Probably that it's moving fast. It always moves fast on the weekends now.
>>
>>92350242
In just 49 minutes from time of last post we were on page 10.

>>92349634
So what else is currently established about Theta?

Also, this story is still taking place in Canada, right?
>>
File: Theta color.png (711KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Theta color.png
711KB, 1300x2000px
>>92348122

Okay what if...

We kinda tweak her abit?

Like she doesn't primarily go for Wells but instead is hunting down a criminal that she's been after for so long that just happens to be hiding behind the veneer of the peaceful city.

That way we can indirectly connect her to the story with enough narrative of her own.
>>92350324

Yeah, Canada.
Figured that would be a boring enough country.
>>
>>92350406
What if she's going after Wells because of the technology he's using is similar to the technology she knows the person she's really after uses?

So she assumes that Wells is working for the person she's really after and nothing anyone can say can convince her otherwise.
It gives us something to go on when we decide to move into "arc 3" since "arc 2" is future JD in the background of "arc 1" making sure nothing really terrible happens.
>>
>>92350481

It's all coming to a full circle!
>>
>>92350526
Now, the question becomes who is she really after? What kind of lines can she drop to indicate that?

Should it be an already established character or a new character or an obscure character or a character who might already be dead?
>>
>>92350587

Just a throwaway goonish crimelord should work I think.
>>
>>92346175
This is so cool, man

also

>All this plot development while I was gone

Holy moly!
>>
>>92342206
But where would they go, is the question?
>>
File: Masked_Morgaine_Le_Fey.jpg (29KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
Masked_Morgaine_Le_Fey.jpg
29KB, 500x530px
After watching old Justice League episodes, I was thinking of redesigning Jade Empress.

She'd be a mummy in a jade death mask. Possibly a magic one keeping her alive, and she needs the bracers because they'll restore her youth.
>>
>>92352090
We actually talked about giving her a jade mask a couple months back, as the artifact she uses to control her golems.

I kept thinking of Zen Tuo from Scooby-Doo, for some reason.
>>
>>92350723
If we go with the idea that she targets Wells because his technology resembles the technology of the person she's hunting, then that does opening up a number of possible tie ins.

Though if we do go with that, why is it that she doesn't go after JD? He's using similar technology, or at least tech based on the same stuff, right? Or did Wells think that through enough to make it look dissimilar so the masses wouldn't put two and two together.
>>
>>92352475

>why is it she doesn't go after JD

I mean she can, that can add to justify Wells' agitation towards her.
Nothing is written in stone just yet.
>>
>>92352657
I liked the plan where at first she tires to get JD on her side in killing Wells, but then realizes he's too soft for that and breaks off contact with him.

Then after the incident in the diner she'd realize that the hero was actually actively getting in her way the whole time and working with the villain.
If she's wound up because of conspiracies, then that'd be a decent push to really send her over the edge.
>>
>>92352090
I think the thing to remember when designing anything about her is that jade is extremely rare and EXTREMELY expensive. She shouldn't be running around with a whole shitload of jade soldiers or anything. I think a mask would be the upper limit for the amount she should have on her person.
>>
>>92353253
She might have magic to make more jade.
>>
>>92354875
That kinda takes away from the allure of having fancy jade stuff.
>>
>>92354875
But then why not just make jade and sell it and be rich as fuck?
>>
>>92356525
Maybe magic jade doesn't stay jade?

She can turn things into jade, but the only stay jade for as long as she's influencing them directly?

>>92356588
Her actual motive has never been discussed. Wanting magic artifacts to power her eternal life is the closet to a reason we have.
>>
>>92357669
>Wanting magic artifacts to power her eternal life is the closet to a reason we have.
Yeah, I think the idea of her wanting the bracers for that purpose was also brought up in that thread where we brainstormed about her. Desu's search function is down at the moment, so I can't actually find it, irritatingly enough.
>>
>>92353253
>>92354875
>>92356525
>>92356588
>>92357669
The soldiers were terra cotta, I thought.
Either way I doubt an evil sorceress is gonna be in it for the money. Power and eternal youth/beauty are more thematically appropriate to the era, I think.
>>
File: Day off.png (167KB, 610x594px) Image search: [Google]
Day off.png
167KB, 610x594px
>>92342374
bumping with an update
>>
>>92357889
This is why I like to save some discussions to txt files.

>>92357902
I remember they had jade hearts. Or at least I think that's how it was.

If not, then jade hearts sounds better then them being all jade.
>>
>>92360839
>This is why I like to save some discussions to txt files.
Yeah, I mostly just remember the main discussion points:

>suggested design revision: jade mask with more ornate robes befitting a sorceror
>has the public identity of wealthy foreign recluse Daiyu Huánghòu (literally "black jade empress")
>SQ and GG know Huánghòu is the Jade Empress, but are unable to prove it because she's gotten so good at covering her tracks over the centuries
>>
File: AndySplinterCONCEPT.png (320KB, 1000x2432px) Image search: [Google]
AndySplinterCONCEPT.png
320KB, 1000x2432px
Sorry for the late reply, was busy

But back to Theta's redesign, I think I accidentally gave her a Red Hood look so lets change that.

>>92353198

Are you a writer by chance, anon?
>>
>>92361153
I think she has a magic artifact that lets her cast an illusion of a living face instead of her mummy face.

>>92361806
I sometimes write things for these threads whenever I get an idea that really grabs me. Not recently though.

Back when we were first discussing Trine I did try to come up with an opening scene to the series, but I didn't think to save it since I recall you not liking it.

That's fine though.
>>
>>92362636
Would Jade Empress still be around by the time Golden Guardian is the norm?

Would she have a Talia-stand in for a son?
Audrey keeps mistaking him for a girl,
to his dismay.
>>
>>92363644
You know, I'd rather we figure that out by coming up with plots in the Golden Girl time and see if Jade Empress is a character we want to keep around.

She how she works with the setting, how she can be used, what sort of plots she works best in, etc.

I've never been a fan of keeping villains around just because.
If she has a "rebirth" method for when she defeated, then that'd be better.
>>
>>92361806
You could try for a more stylized approach with whatever costume she wears if you want to get away from the Red Hood look.
>>
Now to see if we'll still have a thread come morning.
>>
>>92367681
The board moves crazy fast lately. If no one actively bumps these threads they can fall in an hour sometimes.
>>
>>92367075

>Stylized

How would that be?
>>
>>92364236
I could see her continuing onto Audrey's Guardian era, on the fact that Jade Empress is an immortal.

On the other hand, does Audrey have her own Deathstroke or another villain looking for apprenticeship?

Madam Ares would be fun if she was in the same universe.
>>
File: 1464169548298.png (727KB, 1650x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1464169548298.png
727KB, 1650x1250px
>>92369434
Audrey's universe is a comic within the /co/verse. Ma'm and GG have met, though.

I totally want to see a sequel to this strip where Ma'm returns to GG's world. She hears GG's voice call out from behind her and turns to taunt her, only to find herself face-to-chest with Golden Guardian, who's itching for some payback after all these years.
>>
So I made a realization this morning and thought I would share, as the whole thread seems to have the same problem.

After maybe the second revision I finally admitted to myself that I was bullshitting myself with busy work instead of just tackling the comic. I have the first issue itself done I just need to move forward on it and I can't seem to. Facing what I imagine it could be versus the realty of my current ability paralyzed me.

Then I saw this >>92369732 this morning, and I remembered how fun it can be to actually make these stupid comics. It's not perfect, and I can pick it apart and probably make a better version than I did then, but I have to actually make to work to look back on it.

So if you're writing, not more brainstorming, lore building, put out a script. If your drawing, make a page, don't wait until you're good enough as that scale shifts as you DO get better.

For me, I took on a paying gig recently to pencil Golden Girl serials, and I'm going to make that my priority. The commissioner however gave me permission to share most of it besides the finished pages. So I'll be sharing that on a weekly basis (assuming these threads are here).

I hope to return to BQ with some finished work to reflect on later this year. Sorry for the blog.
>>
>>92369732
This image was on /a/ recently, Manyū Hiken-chō thread that had lasted multiple days
>>
>>92343540
It sounds like some japanese NES music.
>>
>>92370665
Wow. Didn't think I could be of so much assistance just by posting an image.
>>
If a supervillain needed to hire a no. 1 henchman or 2nd in charge who would they hire in the /co/verse? could be just muscle or a true leader for the other henchmen.
>>
>>92371972
Fistress. Guaranteed loyalty
>>
>>92368518
A color we wouldn't expect. A material that isn't body armor on the exterior.

Like some Viewtiful Joe.

>>92369434
No one has come up with Golden Guardian exclusive characters yet.

>>92373393
She's not a villain though.
>>
File: Facepunch.png (64KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Facepunch.png
64KB, 1200x1200px
>>92373803
Oh you want villain specific. Then Face Punch. Hell, Full Body Beat Down would make a great secret team.
>>
File: Hazel.jpg (130KB, 540x813px) Image search: [Google]
Hazel.jpg
130KB, 540x813px
Do something with Hazel, inspire by that recent King Arthur flop movie.
>>
File: 1206672076005.jpg (358KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1206672076005.jpg
358KB, 750x1050px
>>
>>92373929
The hiring pools for henchmen feel like they'd be controlled by The Wrong Guy, the UnItalian Mafia, and the McFathers mafia.
>>
>>92373803
>No one has come up with Golden Guardian exclusive characters yet.
What sort of Bronze Age-style supervillain would she have as an arch-nemesis? By that point, Iris is a full-blown ally, and Billy... Billy I see as not being particularly villainous anymore, but unwilling to give up the bad-boy cred that comes with being a supervillain.
>>
>>92377488
I hesitate to suggest we play the spy card since that's already a heavy aspect of Mighty Mantis and The Recluse, but she would be Golden Guardian around the height of that genre's relevance.
>>
File: 1479626015433.png (158KB, 1125x1745px) Image search: [Google]
1479626015433.png
158KB, 1125x1745px
>>92377559
Foresight's design gives off that vibe as well.
>>
>>92377488
I could see Billy being sort of an embarrassing dad for one of the new villains. Maybe have them be Punk Rock theme

>Hey, so you taking the bad rocker motif? Man, I remember when I did that back in my day.

>Oh my god, Dad! How did you find my secret base? Get out!
>>
>>92377599
What decade are we talking?

Could we have a Disco villain?
>>
>>92378298
The idea is that Audrey becomes Golden Guardian around the transition from the Silver Age to the Bronze Age, which is around 1970. Honestly a little too early for Billy to have supervillain kids of his own yet, since (like Audrey) he'd be somewhere in his mid-20s at this point.
>>
>>92378379
Embarrassing Uncle?
>>
>>92378379
GG takes place in the mid to late 50s, right?

She's somewhere around 14 to 16 years old in that time frame, so that'd put her in her late 20s at her youngest when she gets the bracers and becoming Golden Guardian. Then there's the amount of time to establish her new alter ego, so that's even more years put on top of that placing Golden Guardian, at her peak with all of her stuff (side characters, villains exclusive to her in that time period, etc.) established, in her mid 30s.
>>
>>92379482
There is SOME comic-book time at work here.
>>
File: 1483238273860.png (2MB, 1652x2440px) Image search: [Google]
1483238273860.png
2MB, 1652x2440px
>>
File: 1483222015950.jpg (2MB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
1483222015950.jpg
2MB, 1913x2475px
>>
File: 1483238366115.jpg (3MB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
1483238366115.jpg
3MB, 1913x2475px
>>
File: 1483238477991.jpg (2MB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
1483238477991.jpg
2MB, 1913x2475px
>>
>>92378379
Why don't Billy and Audrey have kids together?
>>
>>92384168
I'd assume Audrey is married to JUSTICE.
>>
>>92384575
That's fine to say but all people crave companionship. A loving husband and child would be nice for her.
>>
>>92385213
Pairing her up with Billy just makes me remember the Supermoms setting where one of them did marry one of their former villains.

I don't think they're a good match for each other, and also that we're putting too much thought into aspects that won't actually contribute to making executable plots.
>>
>>92385213
Well maybe when she settles down after handing off the mantle/magical armlets to a younger hero like her mentor did to her?

Its not like Silver Queen has been given any of that.
>>
>>92385451
Yeah, Billy being smitten with her is one thing, but I can't really see them hooking up.

>>92385475
I'd say SQ is more the "married to JUSTICE" type, even after retiring. She already has a surrogate daughter in Audrey. Maybe she feels that's all the family she needs.
>>
I had this idea where Audrey is getting a uniform fitting by Edna mode from the Incredibles.

Edna saying ,"you should really consider losing the cape, dear" or something along those lines.

She doesn't have one as the golden guardian so maybe it could work?
>>
>>92385708
I could see Lucìa Delgado filling that role.

There's a character who is supposed to be like their Alfred that we haven't made much use of.
>>
>>92386361
Yeah, costume fitting/repair is definitely a Lucia situation.

We really need to design her, first.
>>
File: 1469385694021.jpg (103KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1469385694021.jpg
103KB, 540x810px
>>92386689
She already has a design.
>>
>>92387454
Right. I don't why that keeps slipping my mind.
>>
>>92386689
>>92386361
I remember the idea being put forth at some point that Lucia can see Audrey's chest, not because she breaks the Code in some way, but because as their Alfred, she is just that good at her job.
>>
>>92377488
>>92373803
By her adulthood the Code has been shattered so some eldritch anthropomorphizations of the Comics Code might be a good idea. Like how Discword has The Auditors.
>>
>>92389776
That has potential. Given the era, maybe more Fourth World than Discworld?
>>
>>92389776
What would the name be? The Censure? Properteer?
>>
>>92390053
Maybe something suitably grandiose that acronyms to CCA? Cosmic Censure Authority or something.
>>
>>92390379
So what would this cosmic horror look like?

All that comes to mind is a large lanky figure that has a unnaturally uptight posture. Maybe multi armed, not for fighting, but to cover potty mouths and the like.
>>
Does COC do fantasy styled characters?
>>
>>92391096
What kind of fantasy you looking for?
>>
>>92390570
I'll readily admit visualizing cosmic horrors is out of my area of expertise, but I like the sound of that look. Maybe some Jack Kirby influence in there as well.

I'm thinking that instead of acting directly, it/they mostly create/empower agents on Earth to bring the planet back under its/their control, those agents forming the bulk of Golden Guardian's rogues' gallery.
>>
>>92387685
Probably because that's the only image of her and she hasn't been in any of the comics yet.

We should think up some comics just to introduce her.

>>92389776
So they'd be trying to restore the code?

>>92390379
I like the name.

>>92390570
Lanky, faces the resemble broken mirrors, a veil that covers their mouths (or where they would be), business suits... whiteout pens?

>>92391096
We've tried before, there's usually not much interest, but that hasn't stopped the handful of fantasy characters we do have from getting made.
>>
>>92391429
>We should think up some comics just to introduce her.
We need to do that with a lot of characters, honestly. Even Billy doesn't have a proper intro comic yet.
>>
File: 1488527991074.jpg (419KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488527991074.jpg
419KB, 1200x1600px
>>92391178
Found this on the /tg/ threads. Didn't know if it was from coc or not. Tg was pretty "angry" over it.
>>
>>92391508
Which coc characters have actual comics?
>>
File: gg attempt.png (254KB, 4092x1807px) Image search: [Google]
gg attempt.png
254KB, 4092x1807px
>>92391508
I've tried dammit. This is how I think he'd be introduced.

As for Lucìa, maybe just something simple, like hemming GG's clothes so they fit her better.
She has partial immunity just so the basic amenities GG needs are met.

Like she's working on GG's normal clothes so they fit after the growth spurt and SQ is wondering what she's doing. There needs to be a joke or word play or a visual gag of some sort, but it just eludes me.
>>
>>92391196

I'll also admit the most I know about Cosmic horror comes form Bloodborne.

Another additive is the clothing. Usually Cosmic horrors don't have clothing (since most are some unfathomable abominations) but maybe giving it a extremely covered look may help give a creepy factor. Plus watching a clothed figure heading towards you with only the occasional cling to the multiple limbs to give you a hint on how it moves can add to the idea of "to see it with your eyes is to go mad" that Lovecraft loved so much.

So this big abomination is the reason soccer moms, sects of religions, and media execs are such prudes? I like it.

>>92391529
That was a /tg/ anon's attempt of the "Fraken-Waifu" formula that made /co/lette. And as seemingly all attempts after her have shown, this one didn't catch on.
>>
>>92391529
No, that's one of /tg/'s. They tried doing a mashup of character traits they liked and the usual heated arguments followed.

>>92391576
Here's a start.

http://the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comics
>>
>>92391096
There's some vikings, a bunch of demons, a frost giantess, a whole gaggle of fairies, a guy who sells fairy dust... there's some sword and sorcery. It's not real popular right now, though.
>>
>>92391576
I meant as far as GG's cast goes. Right now Iris is the only one with an intro script written up.

>>92391600
The scene change feels very abrupt. There's a fair bit about Billy that needs to be established, so we might be better off going for a two-parter like Iris.
>>
>>92391576
Lovely Lady bug is the only one to have a serial. I think Psu is still working on /co/lettes origin, if very slowly.
>>
>>92391661
A guy that sells fairy dust....

Who is he?
>>
>>92391649
>>92391654
So is she not a thing anymore? Did people here like/know about her?
>>
>>92391829
I'm pretty sure she's not a thing. On top of old /tg/ user's known hatred of non practical armor and the infamous Charlotte thing in the drawthreads has made people wary of waifus there.
>>
File: iris ms paint.png (108KB, 1528x833px) Image search: [Google]
iris ms paint.png
108KB, 1528x833px
>>92391701
If the Iris script would ever be drawn.

>>92391829
She's a thing, but she wasn't something we discussed here. Someone linked to the threads on /tg/ when it was happening, but that's about it.

>>92391790
DANDAR DRAGON-DRAGON OF THE DRAGON-DRAGON CLAN.
>>
>>92391649
>Another additive is the clothing. Usually Cosmic horrors don't have clothing (since most are some unfathomable abominations) but maybe giving it a extremely covered look may help give a creepy factor. Plus watching a clothed figure heading towards you with only the occasional cling to the multiple limbs to give you a hint on how it moves can add to the idea of "to see it with your eyes is to go mad" that Lovecraft loved so much.
Plus, it only makes sense that an eldritch personification of censorship would be fully clothed.
>>
>>92391977
Good lord THAT'S his name?
>>
>>92391979
Exactly. Now I'm gonna crack open my book of "H.P Lovecraft's Greatest hits" to get my head around the subject.
>>
>>92392048
He's a dwarf.
>>
>>92392110
I've got a thought, actually. From their perspective, Earth in general and the Code violators in particular are the eldritch horrors. Beings so inherently WRONG that their mere existence splintered the seemingly ironclad, reality-controlling Code into the CCA.
>>
>>92392110
The code should have cultist minions who have blurred faces or something similarly creepy so its influence can be felt without CCA popping up
>>
>>92391701
In all honesty I don't think we actually need to show Billy getting the shit kicked out of him by SQ and GG after he's stunned into stuttering.

Something that shows how his voice has the power to give people commands when he sings would be necessary though.
>>
Maybe we'll still have this thread up tomorrow, maybe we won't.

At least we're finally having some discussions again.
>>
>>
>>
>>92395499
>Something that shows how his voice has the power to give people commands when he sings would be necessary though.
That's what I mean, though. We need to esablish:

>his powers
>the fact that he can see Audrey's chest
>that he's a schoolmate of Audrey's
>that he can't tell that Audrey and GG are the same person
I think we need more than six panels for all that without it feeling rushed.
>>
>>92393919
The cultists should have huge cloaks and have 1950s attire underneath.
>>
Has there ever been a character in Golden Girl who is a space explorer styled in 1950's attire? I guess similar to Adam Strange.

The Adventures of Rocket Boy!
>>
>>92397954
>tfw you will never see Briana the Lion in the ring
>>
>>92392687
Interesting motivation.
>>
>>92398834
Maybe he tries using his vocal powers while in school to avoid some confrontations that would expose his identity, but Audrey notices he begins stuttering when she walks by?
>>
>>92397954
We have any idea what the other wrestlers dress like? I know the Ice giant is supposedly going to have an undertaker theme. But what about the others?
>>
File: Rocketeer 01.jpg (576KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Rocketeer 01.jpg
576KB, 1067x1600px
>>92399885
I've always supported that any Batman Beyond-esque counterpart to Golden Girl would be set in 50s sci-fi setting.

The real reason, is that I love Rocketeer's design and it would go great with a nice ass.
>>
>>92399885
We haven't touched on space stuff in the GG setting since the time frame is a bit off for it.

I think there was merely the beginnings of an idea where they go to space just to set up a zero-g joke.
>>
>>92403341
>>92403375
I think it would be a fun character in that setting
>>
>>92403375
We could add a sidenote of Retro Raygun Space stuff to GG's world by having someone getting abducted by old-skool aliens as their backstory.

Afterall it is a setting that has alot of weird magical and mad-science stuff in it already so it wouldn't exactly be out of place, it would just be more low-key or less ever-present to the rest of it.
>>
>>92403711
So Mars Attacks aliens?
>>
>>92403562
But would having aliens cross a line?

Superman fought aliens all the time, but he was also an alien.
Did Batman ever fight aliens during the golden age?
>>
>>92406334
As long as all the aliens look like muppets/are never depicted below the torso, it would be great
>>
>>92404275
So much this.

I like the idea of a kid abducted by aliens and his adventures through the 50's cosmos after escaping them
>>
>>92408179
So he'd be about Audrey's age then.
>>
>>92373803

So did some quick tweaking on Theta's costume, but seeing your example (Viewtiful Joe) isn't he wearing a spandex of sorts?
>>
File: CostumeTweakAndy.png (452KB, 1250x1468px) Image search: [Google]
CostumeTweakAndy.png
452KB, 1250x1468px
>>92410244

Forgot pic.
>>
File: MotionFirstCostume.png (49KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MotionFirstCostume.png
49KB, 600x800px
>>92410277
Reminds me of Motion's makeshift costume.
>>
>>92410458

Kek
Right, any changes you want?

Keep in mind that I think her costume isn't supposed to be as flashy (heavily contrasting the other two).
In my opinion at least.
>>
>>92399885
I always figured a space-heroine would be one of SQ's teammates in the Sorority of Sentinels.
>>
>>92410539
It's probably fine. If you're concerned about looking too much alike, you could try something like those sweaters where the arms/shoulders are leather while the body is fabric. Using the black on the limbs to center all the color could make a reasonably subdued costume look visually interesting without making it flashy.
>>
File: IAMTHENIGHT-ThetaPalette.png (694KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IAMTHENIGHT-ThetaPalette.png
694KB, 1300x2000px
>>92411228

Nice!
But speaking of colour palette, y'all agreed on this right? >>92350406

There were other choices but they were mostly just for fun.
>>
File: SPOILER-ThetaPalette.png (694KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SPOILER-ThetaPalette.png
694KB, 1300x2000px
>>92411461
>>
>>92411461
Maybe base it off >>92350406, but keep the shoulder panels from >>92410277 and match them to the accessories on the leggings, since all the accents being on the lower body and hands is kind of a weird color balance.
>>
>>92412148

But the jacket is off, right?

Since her arm sleeves are going to black from this anon >>92411228
>>
>>92412261
Yeah, no jacket. Black/dark sleeves, probably matching the pants, blue central body. Red accents on the shoulder panels, knuckles, and leg accessories.
>>
>>92409035
Either her age or a tad younger

>>92410870
I don't know who these people are.
>>
>>92412854
>I don't know who these people are.
One of the thus-far undrawn GG scripts, where she comes along to a meeting of an all-female superteam that SQ is a member of.

https://pastebin.com/JaMSQ8FJ
>>
>>92412261
>>92412335
I agree that the design looks better without the jacket.

So is Theta packing a utility belt or does she have pouches with gadgets and materials strategically placed all over her costume?
>>
>>92412953
Ah. I thought of the space explorer as a male but it could be a female
>>
>>92412972

The main reason why I put on the short jacket in the first place was so she can pull stuff out w/o mainly relying on the belt.

But wholeheartedly I agree that the jacket is a no-go, so she definitely keeps her stuffs in the belt.

(except for her handgun obviously)
>>
>>92413095
>but it could be a female

Of course, when would /coc/ pass up another waifu?
>>
>>92413095
>>92412854
I'd actually prefer the space boy be a boy and have some sort of alien companion/mentor.
>>
>>92413308
50's alien waifu mentor?
>>
>>92413366
NO MORE GOD DAMN WAIFUS.
>>
>>92413109
I just imagine her having that assassin wire hidden in her costumes elbows or collar that she could pull out of it at a moments notice even if her arms were restrained.
>>
>>92414054

I just feel bad for the goons now if that were to happen.
>>
File: Venus.png (4MB, 2037x3563px) Image search: [Google]
Venus.png
4MB, 2037x3563px
Does Venus have any connection to elemental entities, like how Swamp Thing has The Green?
>>
>>92414135
We don't even have any goons established in the Trine story since there are no other "super villains" in the city other than Wells, and he only has robot henchmen.

I'm not sure how he built the robots or where he got the materials to keep rebuilding them, but that's the plan I remember.
>>
>>92413579
There is no need to yell. You can make your point better than that
>>
Rocket Boy is going to need some villains.
>>
I think Rocket boy should be named Kid Cosmos
>>
File: Hero Girls.png (2MB, 1200x2489px) Image search: [Google]
Hero Girls.png
2MB, 1200x2489px
>>92413366
You just want a /ss/ excuse, right? You want it to be the alien in this or something like her, don't you? Just be honest with me.

I mean, what if the kid was wearing an alien suit like the one from My Favorite Martian and the suit acted like his mentor/teacher? That'd have a more interesting dynamic than /ss/ if you ask me. It'd also give an excuse why he'd have powers.

>>92414240
He's the result of gay dryad magic, so... maybe?
>>
File: 943.png (389KB, 697x1024px) Image search: [Google]
943.png
389KB, 697x1024px
>>92414471
>>
File: Symbiotechan.jpg (158KB, 788x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Symbiotechan.jpg
158KB, 788x1013px
>>92414471
>Kid with runaway symbiote girl merging to help him get home, with them slowly growing closer as they comb the galaxy on adventures.

I'd fund it.
>>
File: 1375693609193.jpg (281KB, 750x810px) Image search: [Google]
1375693609193.jpg
281KB, 750x810px
>>92414787
I think the suit in this case would be pure technological. Next you'll say it should have female programming.

We also already have symbiotes in main /coc/, so even though it wouldn't be the same thing, I still feel it'd be better to avoid that.
And also because I don't think the "code" the GG setting is forced to comply with would allow that since it'd be too blatant.
>>
>>92414246

>don't even have any goons established in the Trine story

Like I said before, it could be just some random syndicate she's after
>>
>>92415119
Is her introduction her just murdering a much of goons in some hideout and then sees the mock fights between Archenemy and Ghost playing on a TV in the goons' break room?
>>
>>92415392

I think her going directly for the two guys would be in bad taste now that I've been thinking about it.

I'd rather want her to pursue an indirect path (likely following a lead that brings her to the city) that later gets her involved in her chase for this particular baddie that's gone into hiding all the while surreptitiously leaving dead bodies in her wake.

Like she has the grimdark themes that has to clash with the lightheartedness of the two best friends.

What do you think?

Theta's character really is hard to write (imo) since she is the prime catalyst for the overall narrative.
>>
>>92414471
Who said he had powers? I thought he was just a space explorer with his trusty ray gun and space ship
>>
>>92415622
I think her grimness as presented thus far is necessary to get the plot rolling past the mock fights.

Her introduction could be right after a scene of JD and Wells toasting to another day gone off without a hitch as the news plays in the background reporting on the fight they had.
Then it cuts to a bloody mess in some office of warehouse that Theta is walking away from while the same news report is playing on the TV the people she just killed were watching.

It'd be a good establishing shot to show how deeply she contrasts with the two main characters and how she's going to bring a storm with her as she heads to their city.

You could even go so far as to not show her face, but do show her shape so we know the bad news character is female, then when it comes time for the main characters to meet her, throw in a bunch of new female characters to keep the readers guessing which one she is.

Is she the new transfer student? The new girl who moved in a block away who Ghost saves from getting hit by a drunk driver? The new waitress at the place JD and Wells frequent?
Something like that.
>>
File: PunisherIntestine.jpg (219KB, 382x600px) Image search: [Google]
PunisherIntestine.jpg
219KB, 382x600px
>>92416045

Are you sure you're not really a writer, anon?
I'm starting to think that you're hiding something from me.

And yeah, that scene juxtaposition is fantastic.

On another note, how ruthless should Theta be?
>>
Hey so I was looking back a bit and remembered some idea's about the look of the newer RR villain concepts. So I made a few thumbnails for Outrage based on the suggested idea.

Any other looks to try?
>>
File: Outrage concept.png (251KB, 800x493px) Image search: [Google]
Outrage concept.png
251KB, 800x493px
>>92416602
forgot pic. Dangit
>>
File: Rorra.jpg (579KB, 1856x2936px) Image search: [Google]
Rorra.jpg
579KB, 1856x2936px
>>92340020

It takes me too long to do anything, is this normal?

I'd say above piece was like 8 - 12 hours of work.

Also motivation and anatomy are such cruel bitches.
>>
>>92416756

>cruel bitches

You'll have to learn to love them either way.
>>
>>92416443
I told you already that I've written stuff for these threads before.

Theta shouldn't be "saw" edgy. More like "clean" killing where she makes the kill as quick as possible when killing is the chosen solution.

Theta's single-minded nature should be something we focus on. Once she has her mind made up, there's no changing it.
Something that should bite her in the ass and cause mental strain when the reality does not actually match up with her mental image.

To her, Archenemy is a ruthless evil mad man who must be put down. Her finding out that he's none of that should put her on the spot, but by then she's too far committed to attacking him to back down. Her finally being made aware, painfully aware, that SHE is responsible for turning Archenemy into the ruthless vision she had made of him in her head should be the breaking point near the climax of the first "part".
Maybe she decides, after she's beaten him and learned the truth, to stay with him as his tech and SCIENCE shards embedded in his face are about to go nuclear since she now sees herself as a source of evil in the world. Then of course Ghost shows up and does some shit to stop the going nuclear before being flung into the past and then reappearing a year or two older with back up he spent all that time preparing.

Or maybe it looks as if Ghost was killed by Archenemy earlier in the fight and that's when the time travel happened and the final showdown is mostly Theta and Wells before time displaced JD shows up and stops the big explosion they thought was coming.

I dunno, just kicking ideas around.
>>
File: 1492920103145.png (466KB, 1162x2145px) Image search: [Google]
1492920103145.png
466KB, 1162x2145px
>>
>>92402595
What sort of confrontations? I'm not sure anyone at school besides Audrey knows about his supervillain activities.
>>
>>92420369
Like a Biff Tannen type character is harassing him.
>>
>>92412335

Sorry for the late reply, but like this?

>>92417736

If I ever get the time, I might start doing some "demo" panels for Trine (or whatever the title's gonna be for it)
>>
File: CostumeTweakAndyCOLOR.png (543KB, 1250x1468px) Image search: [Google]
CostumeTweakAndyCOLOR.png
543KB, 1250x1468px
>>92420835
>>
>>92420866
Looks cool
>>
>>92420418
Ah, so something like this?

>bully comes up and starts picking on Billy because of his clean-cut civilian appearance
>Billy decides to use his powers to get the bully to buzz off
>he's just starting to vocalize when Audrey comes up to see what the commotion's about
>her presence renders him unable to string two notes together and he gets decked/shoved in a locker by the bully
Still needs the inability to connect Audrey with Golden Girl. Maybe he could be commenting to himself about the girls in his life in the last panel.
>>
>>92421060
I think Audrey would end up saving him in that situation.

>>92420835
So I take it you like the ideas I'm kicking around?

I'm just wondering if I'm making the whole thing too dramatic.
>>
>>92421098
>I think Audrey would end up saving him in that situation.
True. In fact, her bravery and heroism in that situation would heighten the absurdity of Billy being unable to make the connection.
>>
>>92421098

>So I take it you like the ideas I'm kicking around?

Yeah, it's very professional by the looks of it.

>too dramatic

It has to be, the whole story is carried by the conflicts of each character.
>>
>>92391649
re: Cosmic Horror clothing: I like the idea that a Cosmic Horror is too mindboggling to a regular mortal that their mind automatically censors it - and all that we perceive is a literal void. Vantablack, if you will. And as for clothing, what the CH considers clothing is not what we consider clothing, so for a censorship-based CH it could be dressed in censor bars, pixellated mosaics, gaussian blurs, whiteouts, blackouts, and REDACTED texts.
>>
>>92421168
It's not really professional, it's just me taking the characters and coming up with things that I would enjoy.

Once the archives have search fixed I might try to find what I wrote for how I'd image the story begins.

I'd imagine it'd begin with showing the city and the bored expressions on the faces of the masses as they go through the daily routine.
No narration, no context, and then BAM, enter Archenemy. He goes full ham like the villain at the end of The Incredibles before Ghost enters the scene. It should all be very campy, feel somewhat stiff, almost like they rehearsed it. During the fight we get an internal monologue from Ghost that sets up the situation. That's the part I want to find in the archives.
>>
>>92419659
Does saburox draw these? It looks like his art style.
>>
>>92421573
Saburox basically created GG and the majority of the non-smut art it his. Little known fact: he also did the very first sketch of Briana ever. So GG and Briana are more closely related than people think.
>>
File: 1482768524178.png (882KB, 1700x788px) Image search: [Google]
1482768524178.png
882KB, 1700x788px
>>92421615
Briana's like her big sister!

In more ways than one.
>>
>>92421352

I wonder how a city reacts to their first superhero ever, knowing that other cities have their own as well.
>>
>>92421914
How do people react to unscheduled massive scale street performances?

Some will love it, some will be pissed off by it, some will be indifferent to it.

I think their mission statement before Theta shows up is to bring excitement to the masses.
Once the excitement starts bringing in tourists and revenue to the city, I think even the locals who didn't like them will warm up to the whole thing or at least not vocally dismiss them.

Really, it depends on where we start. Is the opening act their first ever performance, or have they already been established? I think it'd be better if they were gaining popularity already when we see the first scene.
The dull faces of the masses light up with excitement, children crowd around windows to watch the super guys fight, news vans scramble to cover the event. Some of the locals might even place bets on the outcomes and some businesses might have special offers on days when their fights happen.

We find out later in part 2 that no supers ever showing up in the city wasn't a coincidence, but that's for later.
>>
>>92422068

>I think their mission statement before Theta shows up is to bring excitement to the masses.

I've always thought it was them just having fun together again.
They're teens after all plus the whole Wells is ill due to the METEORITE SHARD AIDS.
>>
>>92421668
Briana as big sister is an adorable thought. Like imagining all the /coc/ properties as tv shows, and when the bell rings for quitting time Briana leaves the BQ set and Audrey leaves the GG set and they go home together.
>>
>>92422235
Yeah, it's so they can have fun, and Wells wanted to do this because he was dying, yes, but he wanted to do it because he liked the city and wanted to do something for it.

Am I remembering that wrong?
>>
Wow, that was back in 2015?
>>92421352
Found it.

It starts with JD thinking.
>For the past week, New Lamenton – that's my hometown – has been under attack by mysterious robots
Shows a montage of the robots flying through the sky or newspaper clippings.
>led by a self-styled supervillain calling himself Archenemy
Shows Wells in his super suit hamming it up, committing "crimes" that aren't really crimes, but look criminal.
>But today is the day I put on my mask and make my debut as a 'hero'.
Shows JD putting on his super suit.

>"I am the Ghost"
Shows him jumping into the fray, batting away a robot
>"A hero, here to stop you!"
The fight happens, over top of it more words
>But the truth is, this 'villain'...
Shows them fighting some more
>Is my best friend
[back story goes here since it's been stated before]

The end of the day with both of them out of costume cracking open sodas
>Wells: "Cheers to us, bringing excitement to the people of our city."
and toasting to JD's debut and how it was a success.
>"But seriously JD, you gotta work on your witty banter."
>>
Made a Trine pastbin because it was getting difficult to keep track of everything.

https://pastebin.com/4hz0mTLN

I think I got mostly everything discussed so far.
>>
Well I don't want the thread to die just yet since I was enjoying this discussion.
>>
Late-night bump.
>>
>>92425993
>>92421615
>>92421668
I just had a thought of Golden Girl and Briana being related via dreams, a la The Flash of Two Worlds.
>>
>>92414471
These are some serious cuties
>>
>>92422321
That sounds heartwarming as fuck.
>>
File: GGsak.png (235KB, 951x1456px) Image search: [Google]
GGsak.png
235KB, 951x1456px
>>
So is the space explorer going to be called Rocket Boy or Kid Cosmos?
>>
>>92428555
Rocket Boy sounds more classical.
>>
>>92429076
That is a good point
>>
>>92423572

Oh yeah, Wells is also is gay but gets turned down IIRC.
>>
>>92429076
So its settled that The Galactic Adventures of Rocket Boy is the title
>>
>>92415917
Why not let him have powers?

>>92430022
I don't remember that.
>>
>>92428218
>Shunpukyaku!
>>
>>92431220
Why does he need powers?
>>
>>92415917
AND jet pack/boots of course.
>>
>>92431377
Space is a dangerous place, and if he's wearing an alien suit I'd imagine it'd give him some powers.
>>
>>92432072
I really see no need for powers. Make him Buck Rogers Jr.
>>
>>92432434
Agreed.

If he's a 50's space hero you should be aiming for the kid equivalent Buck Rogers or other Raygun Gothic heroes.
With the glass-dome space helmet and the zappy gun.
>>
File: July April Col.png (311KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
July April Col.png
311KB, 1000x1000px
ROCKETS!
>>
>>92426646
I'm not familiar with this reference.
>>
File: audrey and briana.png (592KB, 1652x2060px) Image search: [Google]
audrey and briana.png
592KB, 1652x2060px
>>92421668
>>92422321
>>92426646
>>
>>92432434
>>92432583
Exactly. This is what rocket boy should be.
>>
>>92431220

>I don't remember that.

It's just a minor part on his characterization and their relationship with one another.
>>
File: 1954spacehelmet02.jpg (91KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
1954spacehelmet02.jpg
91KB, 600x555px
This is the way Rocket Boy should look
>>
>>92435328
I don't remember the turning down part.

I remember a lot of "Wells is gay for JD" posting, but I didn't know if that was serious or in jest over how beefy the characters are.

I like them better as having a bromance than a romance.
>>
>>92345113
Not the same guy, but that sounds pretty awesome. How did it not catch on?
>>
>>92434284
Basically, on Earth-One, Barry Allen is inspired by Jay Garrick comics he read as a child. The writer Gardner Fox's thoughts had been tuned in to the events of Earth-Two through his dreams.
>>
>>92435995
The anon who came up with it, myself, and maybe one or two others were the only ones who ever really discussed it. It was pretty much drowned out in the usual thread chatter.

I actually brought up this project last week or the week before wondering what happened since I liked it.

So I'm happy the art anon who came up with it is back and I can bounce ideas and stories off of him again.
>>
>>92435834

You're right, I think there's something more genuine to a bromance.

>>92435995

Maybe because it's not waifu-centric?
>>
>>92436079
>not waifu-centric
Maybe?

It's one of the better put together story ideas I've seen in the past few years come out of these threads.

It kind of reminds me of the kid who's parents are supervillains and he's a superhero because he's going through his rebellious teen phase and fights his parents without them realizing it's him.
Though it might remind me of that just because it was another idea I liked that ended up in limbo.
>>
>>92364236
>>92363644
>>92369434
IIRC originally Jade Empress was treated as being Silver Queens prime enemy. She's the only enemy we've developed so far whose goal actually involves SQ and Golden Girl directly (getting SQ's artifacts of power). So if GG were an overarching narrative rather than a series of gag strips Jade Empresses function would be create situations in which Silver Queen would be tested in new and unusual ways. This would connect to Audrey as she has to reconcile with the aspects of her mentor that fighting Jade Empress brings to the surface.
Jade Empress would probably finally be defeated soon before Silver Queen retires and Golden Girl becomes Golden Guardian. In the process of defeating her Silver Queen would come to terms with the fact that she can't fight crime forever and Golden Girl would learns something important about heroism that would help her take on her mentors mantel.

>>92421294
What's the visual shorthand for censorship most associated with the 50's? Blacked out text and redacted documents spring to mind but the seem like they'd be hard to incorporate into a villain design.
>>
So are we all good on the Theta (character design-wise) discussion or does anybody else want to add something?

Just want to get these done straight away.
>>
>>
File: boots-llbean-300x333[1].jpg (22KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
boots-llbean-300x333[1].jpg
22KB, 300x333px
>>92420866
>>92437545
You might consider moving the red accents below her knees onto the tongue of her boots or even something like these. The black of her boots below that much red breaks up the line your eye follows and distracts from what should be the focal point.
>>
>>92437545

Just added another knife (for her off-hand to use) , spare mags on her belt and her iconic weapon.

>>92439222

Do you want me to remove the red on her shin guards and move it to the boots?
>>
File: CostumeTweakAndyCOLOR.png (619KB, 1250x1468px) Image search: [Google]
619KB, 1250x1468px
>>92439546
>>
>>92439573
Looks good to me.
>>
>>92439546
>Do you want me to remove the red on her shin guards and move it to the boots?

Yeah, one way or another. It'll help balance things, I think.
>>
>>92439573
I'm lazy as fuck and don't feel like searching for the posts concerning this character. Who is this?
>>
Do we have a Golden Girl villain based on a 1950s circus strong man? I like the idea of a super strength based villain who fights against GG. Strongman could be his name.
>>
>>92441089
Theta.

Read the pastebin in >>92424149

It's got every thing from that project so far.
>>
>>92441565
Nope. Seems like it would be worth brainstorming?
Just a strong man? Or as part of a circus themed group of villains?
Is he actually a strongman as his day job or does he just like the costume?
What kinds of crimes would he commit?
Where do his powers come from?
>>
>>92441826
>Where do his powers come from?
I think some sort of Charles Atlas parody is virtually a requirement.
>>
Just a strong man? Or as part of a circus themed group of villains?
I think he could be just a single threat.

Is he actually a strongman as his day job or does he just like the costume?
He could be a strong man as his day job for a traveling circus and at night he puts on a tiny domino mask and acts as a supervillain.

What kinds of crimes would he commit?
I think he would be theft based.

Where do his powers come from?
The Aztec god of strength blessed his one shoulder leotard for a Mexican legend to use and protect his city. Strongman stole the leotard and took his crime spree to the next level.
>>
>>92441565
You know, Audrey's backstory has a note in it that she was with the circus before meeting SQ.

And I can't very well picture circus strongmen as villains since many of them enlisted in the military during WWII.
>>
>>92442557
Not this one
>>
Does anyone have the Logan inspired Conroy picture?
>>
File: co 1483821626271.jpg (389KB, 1296x868px) Image search: [Google]
co 1483821626271.jpg
389KB, 1296x868px
>>92443951
/co/nrad?

And I don't know if this is the one you want.
>>
>>92444081
Yes Conrad. That's the one. Thanks
>>
Is there ever a character in Golden Girl is a jungle girl inspired character?
>>
>>92444693
Again I refer to the Sorority of Sentinels. The intent is they have just about every 50s heroine archetype you can think of.
>>
>>92444790
That's a lot of archtypes
>>
Strongman could be a thief who uses super strength but also has a moral code of no killing. He could even make it a point to save people that get into danger while he is stealing.
>>
>>92444995
I think that would violate the Code, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority#1954_Code_criteria
>>
>>92445173
Well okay then. Strongman will do anything to get his prize.
>>
Have any alien races been established in the GG universe? Im trying to decide who abducted Rocket Boy.
>>
File: 1457761630164.jpg (318KB, 1820x2532px) Image search: [Google]
1457761630164.jpg
318KB, 1820x2532px
How does the name Zephyr man sound to you guys? Also I made another thing I regret making!
>>
File: 1472678162362.png (2MB, 4092x4913px) Image search: [Google]
1472678162362.png
2MB, 4092x4913px
>>92445601
Just the tree alien in the X panel.
>>
>>92445669
Yeah I doubt they are the ones to abduct Rocket Boy
>>
>>92445661
Honestly, I had to google what Zephyr meant.

He's a guy who no one knows what his deal is based on his name.
>>
>>92445661
Is his power wind based?
>>
File: 75px-Interrobang.png (2KB, 75x145px) Image search: [Google]
75px-Interrobang.png
2KB, 75x145px
>>92447604
>He's a guy who no one knows what his deal is based on his name.
And those do know what it means make fun of him.

Though if you want somebody who operates around baffling people with his name, make someone named Interrobang. Hardly anyone knows the word, and the "bang" part will make them nervous.
>>
File: CostumeTweakAndyCOLOR.png (647KB, 1250x1468px) Image search: [Google]
647KB, 1250x1468px
>>92440957

Like this?

Removing the red in the shin guards however eliminates the unified colour in all her armour.
>>
>>92357889
Finally found it.

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88788971/

It's also the thread where we started brainstorming an idea inspired by >>92381761.
>>
>>92450037
So the museum gala infiltration ends with SQ captured and the magic bracers about to be drained and GG saves the day by... knocking over something that triggers a chain reaction ending in Jade Empress having a dinosaur's rib cage (it was suspended by wires on the ceiling) fall on top of her, trapping her in a bone prison.
>>
>>92450225
Sounds good.
>>
>>92442557
It would be fitting for her late father to be a strongman.

Foreshadows her eventual build.
>>
>>92451174
Her dad was a pilot/mechanic though.

After the mod killed him for refusing to sabotage a plane in a race, then Audrey fled and ended up with the circus.

>>92451016
So does Jade Empress know their secret identities?

What do I need to add to the GG script ideas pastebin? Most of the museum idea is already in there.
>>
File: 1480282193444.jpg (361KB, 1730x938px) Image search: [Google]
1480282193444.jpg
361KB, 1730x938px
http://imgur.com/a/uC9vi

Recent lewd Bad End drawrequest from a friend.

enjoy
>>
>>92452740
W...What's going on here?
>>
>>92453383
old /d/rawreq concept of Bees Knees getting brainwashed by Pitcher Plant via accelerating/corrupting his mutation, turning him into a Beegirl. Whatever the case, Honeypot would make a good name for an evil Bees Knees.

Also, the VFT design was used out of artist preference.
>>
Well if the thread is still up tomorrow, I'd like to talk more about the Trine plot if the anon who came up with it is still around. That's probably the most fun I've had with the threads in a while.

>>92452740
That's a well drawn pic.
>>
>>92442557
Maybe he knew her father and has since turned to crime? So he's come into town and is simultaneously trying to catch up with the daughter of his old friend, and fighting Silver Queen and Golden Girl.

>>92451648
>So does Jade Empress know their secret identities?
I'm pretty sure she doesn't.
>>
>>92455583
Thinking about a BTAS: Over the Edge/Daredevil: Born Again-esque scenario, where Jade Empress learns of Silver Queen's secret identity, and gets Audrey stripped from her custody. This leaves Audrey to fend for herself, and unravel the plot, while deeply exploring why the pair is better together.
>>
>>92455583
That's not bad. Strongman is an old family friend but he ended up in a life of crime instead of fighting against it. Did everyone like the Aztec god of strength reasoning for his powers?
>>
File: 1395463308637.png (40KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395463308637.png
40KB, 600x800px
Bumping.

Also music for Strummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPpGp_J3z2A
>>
>>92455583
>>92457037
Being sympathetic or an old friend still makes him code immune, is the problem.
>>
>>92456046
How would you resolve it? Would this be a climactic final conflict or would there be a return to the status quo?

>>92457037
I'm not necessarily a opposed to that idea but I can see a pretty big problem with it. At the moment Silver Queen get her powers from the artifact of an ancient South American civilization, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to introduce a second character with a similar backstory.

>>92457710
Him having a backstory connected to the main character doesn't necessarily mean he would be sympathetic. A person who used to be fairly respectable can still fall to a position where nobody would sympathies with or admire their actions.
I also don't think we should get too tied up following the exact details of the code. We're already playing pretty fast and loose with it and the most important thing is to tell an interesting story.
>>
>>92457850
How did Audrey first meet SQ?

It could've been SQ showed up at the circus to find a criminal in their ranks and Audrey helped her identify the strongman as the person she was looking for.

If we need him to become more than a strongman, then say he's using some sort of drug developed by that scientist guy.
>>
>>92458003
I just checked the wiki page for GG and it turns out how they met has been laid out in a fairly detailed way, so that path seems like a dead end.
http://the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Girl

I don't think anyone has brainstormed anything that stuck for the mad scientist guy so there's no reason he couldn't be developing super power granting drugs of some sort. It might be better to leave him non-super powered at the moment, a more normal criminal would actually stand out more against the current cast of suggested enemies.
>>
>>92458238
So maybe the strongman was working with the mobsters putting the squeeze on the circus.
He was their inside man and the only one to escape SQ's round up of the gang.

Then he returns for revenge later.
>>
>>92459188
Oh I like that idea. No powers just very high natural strength
>>
>>92453778

You still didn't comment on where the red on her shin guards should go.

>>92449215
>>
>>92460568
So is he out for revenge or is just knocking over banks and jewelry stores?
>>
>>92461374
Out for revenge since SQ broke up and arrested his circus mafia operation he had going.
>>
>>92461307
That's a different anon who was talking about the shoes.
I'm the one who was coming up with scenes and story outlines.

I'd say the grey shin guards and red shoes look is better.

And 4chan is having a lot of posting problems today it seems.
>>
We're doing designs right now so we can brush it along first.

Okay, so is that the final touches on Theta?

Who are we going to do next?
>>
>>92462177
JD's super suit could use more work.

I have an idea in my head of how his powers would look. Like those speedsters who leave a trail of afterimages.
>>
>>92462925

I believe JD's powers are actually a bit more than just a regular speedster.
Hence why I keep referring him as a "pseudo-speedster".

I wanted to make another speedster that doesn't "just go fast." but implements the same type of displacement ability.
So generally the device effectively "launches" the wearer in a suspended "frozen" state where they are moving through space in a very short amount of time but also somehow alter their own kinetic energy within the suspended time frame.
With this, the user is able to impact objects outside of the state at differing forces regardless of distance and time.

This is all bullshit I'm spewing but what I'm trying to get at is that " It's gonna look like he's teleporting but it's also gonna feel like he's hitting you at mach speed or at a snail's pace in just a couple of inches."

What do you think, anon?

Too convoluted?
Doesn't make sense?
Well, it shouldn't.
>>
>>92464241
That's actually exactly what I was imagining. He's just constantly displacing himself forward and it looks like he's leaving after images in his wake when it's really just him moving through the displaced space/time distortion.
>>
>>92464576

I think in this way too the user can quite literally hit objects with the force of stars as if they were just regular punches but we really don't need any use for that in the Trine story at all.

Plus, JD is a boy scout and would never resort first to violence.
>>
>>92464809
How's he fighting the robots then?

Are the robots programmed for the mock fighting at first and then get overhauled for real fighting?
>>
>>92464860

Well first off, robots aren't people.

And Well's robots are designed to be broken and rebuilt most likely.
Having a modular aspect on his tech saves so much resources and tools in his disposal. (Which is the smart thing to do)

It can even add so much comedic and maybe some philosophical potential about their own artificial humanity (which in turn can also be comedic in a way).
>Are the robots programmed for the mock fighting at first and then get overhauled for real fighting?

Yeah, that's the only way it could go about?
>>
>>92465164
No, I mean HOW is he fighting the robots.

Like with punches and kicks? How does Ghost not break his hand punching them?

That sort of thing.

Because I'm imagining he can just 'phase' through them and grab some wires to cause their major systems to shut down.
>>
File: 2.png (495KB, 1736x1761px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
495KB, 1736x1761px
>>
>>92465236

>How does Ghost not break his hand punching them?

Because to JD, he is just punching normally relative to himself with the device active.
Within that same vein, the conserved momentum going back to JD is altered at his own discretion.

I think it should take some time for him to get used to breaking the only laws he would be criminal of.
>Because I'm imagining he can just 'phase' through them and grab some wires to cause their major systems to shut down

If he could undergo quantum tunneling, that would be so dangerous since his powers are set in instantaneous intervals rather than continuous which can run the risk of...interspersing the molecules of his hand within the barriers.

But we can make that work in a way.
The writers here are creative.
>>
>>92466163
The Flash could just vibrate so hard he could phase through things.
But that's the Flash, he operates on whatever the fuck powers "super speed" grants him that issue.

So when JD is using the device (name of device?) he leaves a trail of transparent green after images behind himself that look like a trail, like some tron lines I guess.

When he punches something while in this state of displacement, even a light tap, the force is amplified exponentially. Let's say he has something in the hands and feet of his suit so the force of the impacts he creates are can be limited.

I don't think we need to put too much more thought into how his power works, but more thought into the presentation of the power.
Thinking too much about how it works almost never translates back into usable narrative for the plot of the story.
>>
>>92447604
>>92447968
Shit 4chan working again? He is wind based and his powers come from a "gear" that he wears on his feet. Wanted him to be a child superhero but I need a suit design and I can't draw for shit. All I know is that I wanna use Six Feet Thunder as a reference but he will wear goggles instead of a mask
>>
File: hots-tracer-8.jpg (82KB, 742x404px) Image search: [Google]
hots-tracer-8.jpg
82KB, 742x404px
>>92466665

>one off

But I agree.
At least it's flashy and definitely has flair.

It's massively inspired by Tracer's eye-catching dashes though.
>>
>>92466862
Weren't we talking about this character's powers at least a year before Overwatch came out?

So what his powers do is more important than how they work. We agree on that, right? We can just make something up for how they work.

If a light tap is all it ever took during the mock battles, I imagine that the punch he gives Wells at the end of part one is the first actual hard punch JD has thrown up to then.

We could probably have a scene with Wells explaining to JD early on that he should hold back while using the suit since applying too much force with it could have unforeseen consequences (Wells probably thinks JD would end up launching something into space). It'd be good foreshadowing, and at that point in the story where he throws his first hard punch, Wells' face shards are about to detonate and take out the city, so unforeseen consequences are a better alternative.
>>
>>92467357

Should we give JD the already maximum potential he already has (Told to hold back from the get go) OR should we build into it (developing abilities)?

Keep in mind that although this is a "tech superpower", the shards work in mysterious ways.
>>
>>92468281
I think it'd be better to do the holding back approach and have JD pull fewer of his punches as the story gets more dramatic.

JD pushing the suit more should go along with his character development.

I think near the end of part 1 JD and Wells will be a bit estranged, maybe Wells tries to push JD away so he won't end up killing him during his last stand with Theta, so Wells won't be able to mess with the suit near the end.
>>
File: 1472113406762.png (962KB, 1158x1637px) Image search: [Google]
1472113406762.png
962KB, 1158x1637px
>>
File: 1464250446900.png (2MB, 2997x1998px) Image search: [Google]
1464250446900.png
2MB, 2997x1998px
>>
So I'll ask, just to be sure.

Are we done for this week?
>>
>>92473134
Nah
>>
>>92473134
Nothing is done until it's finished.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.