[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Nick Spencer have a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

He found a way to make capeshit worse how the fuck
>>
Secret Empire was just ok the first time, why the fuck revive it? Just because of trump?
>>
File: FullSizeRender_4.jpg (71KB, 800x403px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender_4.jpg
71KB, 800x403px
Of course it won't have anything positive like this
>>
Superior Foes was fun.

So I guess Spencer can't write anything not fun?

Eh, I'm enjoying Hydra Cap so far. The tears are delicious and I'm looking forward to when Madame Hydra gets her shit kicked in for manipulating Kobik to do this.
>>
>>92335639

It's not that it's not fun, it's that it's dull. It's like a continuing melty because trump won
>>
>>92335528
I don't know man, controversy is all you faggots care about, so it suits you just fine.

At this point, I doubt any of you niggers even reads comics, you just come here to complain and bitch about stuff.
>>
>>92335740

capeshit boy mad itp
>>
>>92335528
OP, you found a way to make this board worse
>>
>>92335768

I mean if you wanna buff spencer's knob go for it mate. It doesn't make him a good writer and this could have been done much better by literally anyone else at marvel right now
>>
>>92335528
t. triggered tumblrite

Spencer is /ourguy/.
>>
>>92335782
>It doesn't make him a good writer
No, Superior Foes, The Fix, and Captain America: Steve Rogers makes him a good writer.
>>
Antman was ok
>>
>>92336362
The Fix isn't that good desu
>>
>>92336362

Superior Foes is his only good product and it's been 4 years
>>
>>92335528
Remember when /co/ used to looooooooooove Spencer.

And then he got popular.

And now /co/ hates him?

Good times.
>>
>>92337462
>And then he got popular.
But that never happened.
>>
>>92337462
It's because the only Nick Spencer work a lot of people here have read is his Twitter.
>>
>>92337570
Would you prefer famous? He is now known, not a household name but a recognizable name. That pisses /co/.
>>
>>92335639
Lieber carried it and made it fun.
>>
File: 1492891791355.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492891791355.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
Is Secret Empire really bad or are the complainers people who haven't read comics in their lives and think this is gonna have actual repercussions and not going back to the status quo as soon as the next writer steps in?

Because the premise sounds exciting but I dropped cape comics out of events ruining all the series I was following.
>>
>>92337462

When he wrote good stuff of course people liked him. Now he's just jacking off and recycling a Nixon era event because Hillary lost.
>>
>>92337767

So far it's just bland. It's not as bad as civil war 2 was but it's still just a boring "hero is evil until we can beat villain" story
>>
>>92337767
It's OK. Nothing special, but better than your average Marvel event. Not good enough to go out of your way to read, but not bad enough to justify getting upset over.

So yes, the people getting upset over it don't actually read comics. The worst someone that actually read comics should be able to muster is an exacerbated sigh over yet another "hero goes evil" story and event fatigue.
>>
>>92337747
Of course, lol.
>>
>>92337767
It's not bad, but people hate it for stupid reasons. /co/mblr hates it because "c-cap's a nazi!!!!" and the part of /co/ that's /pol/lite hate it because they're insecure as shit and see Trump metaphors in every page for an event they started building up to before the election.
>>
IMO, I read the majority of his outpup (ironically, not Superior Foes and the Fix the ones everybody loves) and I think his worst sin is that he's a boring action/mystery writer. Maybe that's the thing, maybe he really works better at comedy.

Morning Glories is a slog to get through, and I attempted to truly get invested in it numerous times, but it really is the kind of shit somebody thinks "Lost" is good would write.

Avengers World was literally "D-E-C-O-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-O-N" the comic. You can makethe argument he was trying telling 3 stories at once, but it took him 14 issues, and stuf barely happened in each one of them.

Then there's his Iron Man 2.0, starring Rhodey, and I don't think I've ever seen a book try harder to not be about its main character.

Secret Avengers, that too was just boring, I barely remember it... all that AIM shit nobody cares about... I guess the Mockingbird plot was kinda trippy, but by that point Ales Kot was co-writing, so who knows.

And his Steve Rogers captain America… action is lackluster, slow, and stodgy, all a build up to the inevitable event, and I don’t understand what point it’s trying to make. Fascism is bad? Fascism can rise even where you don’t expect it? Yeah, no fucking shit Sherlock, did you had to drag Steve into the mud to tell us that? You can’t even call it a deconstruction, because it’s not deconstructing anything, it just keeps sowing flashback where Steve life’s gets a “HYDRA” paint job.
>>
>>92337954

He's not terribly unfunny, but yeah, he's boooooring at action.
>>
>>92335639
No really, how does someone write something like Superior Foes and then go on witter to rant about Fuhrer Trump creating the Fourth Reich in Washington?
>>
>>92337823
>>92337824
Honestly, stories about heroes going evil for a while are my favorites. Superior Spider-man and Superior Iron Man were so damn fun to me.
>>92337846
Pretty much what I was expecting from people.
>>
>>92337954
>Fascism is bad? Fascism can rise even where you don’t expect it? Yeah, no fucking shit Sherlock
You might except that to be obvious but look at the political climate right now.
>>
>>92337954
> and I don’t understand what point it’s trying to make.
>What if Steve was Hydra?
>>
>>92338119

yes we are living in a literal fascist dictatorship now.

wait no we just have a shitty president. Chill out jesus christ
>>
>>92335528
Spencer is brilliant compared to the fuck ups writing and running the X-men nowadays.
>>
>>92338229

get this, what if the x men

were gay
>>
>>92338229
>>92338243
Is there even a direction to the X-Men nowadays? I read the first 2 issues of Blue and Gold. One was about the O5 so I quickly dismissed it, I don't give a shit about stories retreading those characters. The other one... I've read it before, it's so boring, so repetitive, what's the point? Who wants that?
>>
File: a change is in order.jpg (132KB, 1024x366px) Image search: [Google]
a change is in order.jpg
132KB, 1024x366px
>>92335528
If he hadn't been so obnoxious on Twitter I think /co/ would have been ok with him....or at least as close to being 'ok' with anything that /co/ can be.

Thing is he has truly pissed off EVERYBODY. Classic fans, moviecasuals, Gru's widow, & the SJW crowd that he thought would stand by him!

When that blogger dug up his old campaign promises & started crucifying him? He is done.

He is going to take the fall for all of this & Marvel editorial is going to pretend that it was all his doing, which personally irks me, Spencer may be writing this stuff but Marvel has approved & invested in it.

The best possible thing to come out of this would be for comic book pros who are Twitter hotheads to learn from Spencer's fuck ups.

And possibly a change in management...
>>
File: nickbemad.jpg (69KB, 607x602px) Image search: [Google]
nickbemad.jpg
69KB, 607x602px
>>92339373
He got mad at me. Good times.
>>
>>92337767
I enjoy it, but it's not anything ground breaking, just your standard event title (granted, it's been forever since we had an event where the Marvel heroes are actually fighting bad guys, so it might be groundbreaking in that respect).

The Steve Rogers Cap book Spencer was doing is pretty enjoyable and better than the event itself. So yeah, just triggered SJWs looking for an excuse to get upset at someone.
>>
>>92335528
>How does Nick Spencer have a job

>Writer of Superior Foes, Antman, and Pleasant Hill (only good Marvel event in years)

Gee, OP. I don't know. Why do you suck fat cocks?
>>
>>92337462
It's the eternal cycle of /co/
>writer writes some good/great stuff
>gets popular
>put on bigger stuff
>fucks it up
>H-he was never that good
Bonus points if you piss off /co/ with your social media.
Happened with Snyder, Hackman and Spencer and King are the newest victims.
>>
>>92339482
This is why I'm so baffled at people angry at this event. The setup was in the books. They explain everything in it. The clues are there.

It's just that everyone's so caught up in wanting to be angry at SOMETHING that they don't read the goddamn books and understand the context.

Context is everything.
>>
>>92335528
He's done good work.

His collaborations with Steve Lieber are great and I really enjoyed his THUNDER Agents.

It's just that his current (and most mainstream) Marvel stuff is shitty and he himself is a massive cunt, so people pretend he never makes anything that's good.
>>
>>92339587
>wanting to be angry at SOMETHING that they don't read the goddamn books

Movie fags don't read comics.
>>
>>92339622
Hey now, let's not say things we might regret later. People who read comics are just as dumb and easily triggered as movie fags.

I'd blame social media but I think that it would be the same without it. Twitter is just a window to see the dumbassery.
>>
>>92339721
>I'd blame social media but I think that it would be the same without it.

Nah, the culture of being triggered is a side effect of social media. Out of context things that some idiot would find can't circulate the way it does modern day without it.
>>
>>92339769
Comic fans were as dumb as they're today back when all we had was newsgroups, letter pages and talking to each other in the lcs.

Everybody is reactionary, everyone wants to feel like a victim, and now twitter allows you to broadcast your indignation to the world and be validated.
>>
>>92339373
What was Gru's widow exactly pissed at him about?
>>
File: AUG120461P_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (58KB, 360x553px) Image search: [Google]
AUG120461P_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
58KB, 360x553px
You're retarded if you think the writer of this is bad.

Secret Empire was dope as shit.
>>
>>92340119
Diamondback was based off of her & she didn't cotton to Spencer turning her into a prostitute.

Apparently she had a meeting with higher ups about it.
>>
>>92340282
Does it have an ending yet? Does Morning Glories have an ending yet?
>>
Secret Empire when it was just a Cap run was fucking great, but the idea of turning it into a big event is so unappealing.

Why does Marvel ruin everything?
>>
He looks like he never showers
>>
File: nick-spencer-twitter-politics.jpg (61KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
nick-spencer-twitter-politics.jpg
61KB, 640x396px
>>92339435
>>
>>92340291
That's right, didn't Spencer use her to lecture how problematic she is and she needed to cover up?
>>
>>92339867
This. The bitching is the same. It's the accessibility to the bitching that's changed.
>>
>>92340438
But he was a Republican politician.
>>
>>92340325
Morning Glories is Spencer trying to write LOST. Of course it doesn't have an ending.
>>
>>92335569
>Just because of trump?

He was plotting, planning, and writing it well before Trump was elected. The crazy bastard thought Hilary was going to win.
>>
>>92340523
https://amazingcavalieri.blogspot.com/2017/05/a-primer-on-nick-spencers-shitty.html?m=1

At times, I have trouble believing he stopped being one.
>>
>>92340512
Exactly.
Let's not forget people called and were charged money to ensure a comic hero's teen sidekick would be beaten to death by a crowbar.
>>
>>92340603
Huh, so he's probably just a cunt jumping between the camps for profit?
>>
>>92338210
it's getting there though
look at the neonazis and shit
>>
>>92340603
>>92340885
2005 is a long time, so it is possible he changed his mind on some stuff, but it's more likely he just jumped ship when the entire party made it's huge leap to the right after 2008.
>>
>>92340523
He was third party then mainline Democrat.

>>92340677
The result of that poll was determined by a single guy with an autodialer and way too much money to burn.
>>
>>92341007
I'm not American so I'm not really familiar with the history of the parties. It came off as your typical politician who jumps on the next rising party when his previous one failed.
>>
>>92341427
Basically, after 2008, a group of far far right politicans rose up and got really popular on a local level, and basically hijacked the party as a whole.
>>
>>92341166
Autists back then had to put real effor into it, nowadays just create a couple twitter acounts and samefag 24/7 on your designated board and anything can become real.
>>
>>92340119

One of those fake leak threads said she was pissed over his treatment of Diamondback and I think USAgent.
>>
sdfhgdfhg
>>
>>92342568
Was this by that Marvel """"Insider"""" guy?
>>
>>92340901
the fact that you can say that, and arent immidately locked up completely disproves your point.

The fact that you have the freedom to log onto a website that isn't goverment sponored and express your opinion disproves your point.

The fact that you aren't dead nor will be in the near future because you said something someone disagrees with means that Trump is not in any way shape or form fascist.

In fact, all evidence points to those idiots in Cali trying to kill everyone who disagrees with them, including Trump, as being the real fascists.
>>
This anon is an retard, don't listen to him >>92341855

>>92341427
Spencer left the GOP because he couldn't win his local elections and the local party hated him, and actively wouldn't do work for him, because he is a massive entitled cunt. He got bitter towards them after his loss and then decided he didn't want to work in politics anymore. He got happy every time the GOP lost and then in 08 helped the dems in Ohio because he hated the GOP.

Idk anymore after that as I left to move to DC for work.
>>
>>92340325
>>92340534
I think it got cancelled due to low sales, it never made it past issue 50.
>>
>>92342062
Man, imagine being that guy. Having tangible proof that enough money fueled with enough autism can change the history of the world.

He must have felt so powerful.
>>
>>92336362
Superior foes is the only good thing you listed.
>>
You can see why his career as a politician is pathetic, the guy tries to appeal to all sides, but ends up fucking up and pissing everyone off.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.