[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"My BS meter is tingling"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1239.jpg (358KB, 1242x1761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1239.jpg
358KB, 1242x1761px
/co/ where were you when you heard this major bs?
>>
On /co/ about a month back.
>>
>>92321139
>major bs
The diversity was a marketing stunt and they don't really care? Pretty obvious when you see the group of middle age white dudes behind it all
>>
>>92321215
I agree senpai BAKA...
>>
>>92321192
You mean /cock/
>>
File: 35.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>92321139
Gee i wonder, are they about sjw garbage or not?

pic very related.
>>
>>92321139
praise allah praise marvel alluh akbar
>>
>35.jpg
It's (You) again!
>>
>>92322848
Is it not 1.jpg anymore?
>>
>>92322848
Can we stop doing the that thing where you refuse to properly reply to the person?

Not even him, it just comes across as super petty, even if the anon is a retard .
>>
Oh no it's so petty aagh we're being too petty in this thread you guys.
I guess we better all just leave.
>>
>>92323050
It is a bit of a jerk move, but that picture was literally made for (you)'s
https://desuarchive.org/co/search/image/5a1yJN0LxVJTDxAF0Hr5Sw%3D%3D/page/1/
>>
>>92323103
Mousefuckers are angry today.
>>
>>92322848
>>92323103
>>92323200
Is anything in that picture made up or out of context? Because if not I'd argue that it SHOULD be posted repeatedly.
>>
>>92323103
See? I thought this was for someone else at first. How are they supposed to know you're responding to them?

>>92323200
Oh, trust me, I know. He's in practically every Marvel thread. Like Barney fag, but not nearly as Bloody Marry like.
>>
>>92323278
Because she is in charge of character development.

Not what stories are put out or what characters are made, it's completely irrelevant to the discussion.

If there's anything you should be mad about it's the fact that they /have/ a director for character development, that should be entirely up to the writer and his/her artist (if we're following the Marvel method).
>>
>>92323376
Character development is developing characters (as in real estate development), not the literary term character development.
>>
>>92323376
Adding to this; that picture is a load of ad hominem bullshit. most of which has absolutely nothing to do with her job.
>>
People are gonna shit on me for this, but G. Willow Wilson said rightly that the problem isn't "diversity", it's a lack of compelling books and constantly trying to advertise the diverse/young adult-targeted characters in books for people who have no interest in that, so there's not any high-profile good stuff for people to talk about, so all anyone talks about is the "controversial" stuff.

Whoever's in charge of Marvel's marketing and sales just doesn't understand how demographics work. They're making books for casuals, kids and young adults, but marketing them to the people who go to the comic shop every month who absolutely do not care about that stuff.
>>
>>92323582
Why would people shit on you for that?
>>
File: 1474768816163.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474768816163.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>92323582
>People are gonna shit on me for this
No, I think what you posted is interesting and brings something to the discussion.
>>
File: 1494621125166.jpg (45KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494621125166.jpg
45KB, 509x720px
>>92321192
/thread
>>
>>92323629
>>92323643
Mother and daughter.
>>
>>92323612
Because it's Wilson who triggers some people, and some people think the problem is the very existence of diversity rather than it just being marketed to the wrong people.
>>
>>92323759
Devil's advocate: what books aren't "diversity" books now? And by "diverse" I mean where there's still classic characters being heroes who haven't been replaced by the new young diverse crowd? X-Men and Spider-Man? I know none of the OG Avengers.
>>
>>92323759
What I said about Wilson when she said it a month ago was that even though she is right, Ms. Marvel wasn't a success because of that. It was a success because of Marvel PR. Period.

Everything that Willow is doing now, Peter David did 30 years ago.
>>
>>92323853
X-Men and Spider-Man, yes. Also Deadpool, U.S. Ultimates 2, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Rocket, I Am Groot, Black Bolt, Luke Cage, Uncanny Avengers, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man 2099, Royals, Monsters Unleashed, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Man-Thing, Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin, Bullseye, Moon Knight, Thanos.

Keep in mind there are more than half a dozen X-Men titles that don't have any sort of diversity.

And I didn't discount a title simply for having a black or female character, if they were not a legacy character or a recently created one.

So my point is, the majority of those are just boring or MCU cash-ins, and that's the problem here. They're aimed at traditional fans and people who go to comic shops, but outside of a couple they just suck. So the controversial books that people argue about on Twitter are the only ones people really remember.

And the Avengers is indicative of the marketing problem. Avengers is supposed to be Marvel's premiere book, but not only does it suck, but it has all these characters that hardcore fans and moviefags have no interest in at all.
>>
>>92324098
>>92323970
And I think that was part of Wilson's point, that Ms. Marvel was a success and people (outside of a few crazy people) didn't complain about it because it was 1) well-written and 2) marketed towards young adults, who are interested in new, young characters and who buy most of their comics in TPB form.

Nobody was really annoyed with her until she started having guest appearances EVERYWHERE, so people who had no interest in her were having their stories interrupted by it.

What the marketing folks don't fucking get is that the YA characters should NOT be in crossovers and events, because the people who like them read TPBs, not monthlies, so they go to read a trade and in the middle of the story there's some event tie-in they could not give less of a fuck about, and the people reading the events have to put up with the YA characters they could not give less of a fuck about.
>>
>>92323612
because /co/ shits on everything, but it hates reality most of all.
that's why it uses comics and children's animation to avoid dealing with it.
>>
>>92321139
Literally the first issue of X-Men Gold was about politics.
Apparently politics and social issues aren't the same thing.
>>
>>92324203
Comics have dealt with politics since the 60's and were very heavy-handed until probably the early 2000's.

People only have a problem with it when they disagree with it, it seems.

I disagree with basically everything in Captain America: Sam Wilson, but I recognize that it's one person's point of view and I'm willing to hear it out instead of just throwing the comic in the trash.

None of it has changed my mind, but it at least made me consider my own viewpoints. That's something that's been part of Cap for a long time. It's not appropriate for EVERY character, though.
>>
>>92323582
Wilson understands that you don't intentionally piss off your main loyal fanbase by changing everything about most of the characters that your main loyal fanbase grew up with, Anamant doesn't. It has nothing to do who can be the most cringey sjw westernized muslim.
>>
File: action296s.jpg (120KB, 350x514px) Image search: [Google]
action296s.jpg
120KB, 350x514px
>>92324450
>Comics have dealt with politics since the 60's and were very heavy-handed until probably the early 2000's.
you think silver age comics dealt with politics?
>>
>>92324929
yes
>>
>>92324929
It did. Inza Nelson turned all of Congress into lizards.
>>
>>92322411
This is not a joke, but it's funny AF anon!!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.