[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

books that would make good comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (327KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
327KB, 333x499px
I think this would translate well and the premise alone would probably sell well with the comics crowd. Especially those who have been hungering for more fantasy related comics.
like me.
>>
>>92318502
Wouldn't these be trolls? "Troll Patrol" strikes me as a catchier title.
>Sorry to nitpick is this any good? Is it better than that Dwarfs series?
>>
>>92318575
>is it any good
I loved it from start to finish. The characters are all pretty memorable and i only read through it once. The ending was fan-fucking tastic and blindsided the hell out of me.
>on the title
In this setting "Goblin" is more a blanket term in the same way that ape refers to gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees all at once. In this picture are (from front to back) A kobold, The Orc Commander in charge of they're ragtag group, a bugbear, A type of shapeshifting creature i forget the name of, an ogre and on her back is the group's gremlin the one resembling a traditional goblin.

Seriously, give it a read if your looking for something different than the usual "young hero's journey"
>>
>>92318575
Those actually look to be about seven different monster races. And the only one that looks like a goblin is far in the background.

Still, color me interested. What's this book about OP?
>>
File: file.png (415KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
415KB, 621x960px
>>92318728
>what's it about
I'll give a rough summary based from my shitty memory and i'll run over the amazon summary real quick to see if i left out any important non-spoilerish details.
So anyways, The story follows the goblin corps, a group of gobs made up of the races I mentioned >>92318724
Who work for this world's residential big bad and evil overlord who's been suffering defeat after defeat at the hands of this world's heroes and good guys. So he gathers this small 'elite' group to go out into the world on his orders to complete some quests that will play a hand in him making his last stand.
>>
>>92318724
That's what I meant. I have aways thought that "Troll" was the more broad term.
>>
>>92318502
Pic related. I'd love a faithful 1:1 graphic novel version.
>>
>>92319061
I've never heard of it but is that nippon steel folded a thousand times i see? what's it about anon?
>>
>>92318728
Pretty much that The Big Bad (who cannot be permanently killed, it seems) has been defeated by the united forces of good, YET AGAIN. So he's hand-picking the best of each his race of monsters while recuperating to go out and solve the REAL problem; it's not the armies, no. Not the kings, the riders; he can handle that shit. It's fucking adventurers. Fucking adventurers coming in while your grand world-shaking sorcery is in its most delicate phases, ripped to hell, glittering with a million ancestral artifacts, and prophesied up to hell and back.

Goblin Corps have been told to nip the little Adventurer problem right in the bud, being told to assassinate each one of the bastards who foiled him last time so his next attempt at world-conquering will go right on track.
>>
File: the-electric-church-cover.jpg (92KB, 737x1104px) Image search: [Google]
the-electric-church-cover.jpg
92KB, 737x1104px
Pic related, it was my favorite novel in high school. Gritty 90s-inspired cyberpunk dystopias are my favorite.

>>92318502
I've read this! I liked all the characters and think it would make a good comic too. I didn't like the pacing though; it felt pretty aimless, as if someone had just put their ebin DnD campaign on paper without any narrative editing. Maybe that quality would actually make it even more suited to an issue-by-issue comic than a novel.
>>
>>92319466
thank you, it's been a year since i've read it so you did a much better job explaining it than I did.
>>92319523
I agree it had pacing problems, some parts dragged a little. However color me interested in your choice. that art is sick.
>>
>>92319523
Hmm, Jae Lee.
>>
>>92319613
The cover art is why I picked it up to be honest. It's about an assassin who lives in a future where the world has been united under one government. The assassin is personally hired by the world president to assassinate the leader of the Electric Church, a religion that preaches that enlightenment is only possible through thousands of years of reflection and prayer. Followers of the religion (called "monks") have their brains transplanted into robot bodies, so they can continue living and meditating for centuries. The book follows him on this assassination mission and it's full of great action and plot twists.

If a comic version is ever made, I hope the artist makes the monks look as cool as the one on the cover does.

>>92319636
He'd be great!
>>
>>92319887
hot damn that sounds cool. My friend read this one book he's really fond of. I forget what it was called exactly but it's like kaiba where people can transfer their consciousness and even copy it onto a hard drive of sorts. it's a murder mystery from what i remember.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.