[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Ben's costume was changed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8940.jpg (419KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8940.jpg
419KB, 790x1200px
>Interviewer: Was it always the plan to bring it back for issue 3?

>Peter David: No. (Laughs) We were originally going to stick with the new one,and you know, there was so much fan opposition to it, that we all kinda shrugged our shoulders and said: “You know what, at the end of the day, the comic is about Ben Reilly, no about his freaking costume and you know, why would we make this book about the freakin’ costume,let’s just you know, let’s just give the fans what they want! I mean for decades Marvel Comics has always said, we give the fans what they want, you know, the fans are the true editors at Marvel Comics.
>Well, to my mind, there has never been a more precise example of that being the case, than the Ben Reilly Costume. I mean to me it’s of little relevance, what somebody wears when they are going about doing their job really kinda beside the point, but if it means that much to the fans, and honestly means so little to me, you know Marvel said “let’s come up with a reason to go have him go back to the original”, I went okay and came up with a reason to go back to the original, and just as a nod to the fans [in issue 3], as I said, I have a Spider-Man fan criticizing everything they dislike about the Ben Reilly costume, I even have them quoting twitter things! I mean I just have them saying “what’s with the smile? I can see your mouth! What’s up with that?” You know, so what the hell? Why not?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/not-plan-original-scarlet-spider-costume-return-complaining-fans/

Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_8939.jpg (339KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8939.jpg
339KB, 791x1200px
>>92318311
>>
Peter David stopped giving a fuck a long time ago.
>>
>>92318325
I wouldn't of minded this costume if it wasn't the stupid mouth. It's like he's trying to eat his costume.
>>
>>92318311
Why didn't you do the same for Miguel then, PAD?
>>
>>92318392
Why won't you pay his taxes, anon? Or are you a gypsy scum?
>>
>>92318311
>I mean for decades Marvel Comics has always said, we give the fans what they want, you know, the fans are the true editors at Marvel Comics.

But that ended with the 90s.
>>
>>92318467
This. This comic sucks, and Marvel has sucked for almost 2 decades now.
>>
>>92318311
>I mean for decades Marvel Comics has always said, we give the fans what they want
>the fans are the true editors at Marvel Comics.
Ja, if only.
>>
>>92318420
Wasn't as strong with ben.

>>92318514
The 90s are the crappiest decade.
>>
>>92318325
Scrap the hood and it's fine
>>
>>92318311
>I mean for decades Marvel Comics has always said, we give the fans what they want
>the fans are the true editors at Marvel Comics.
This is the best joke PAD has ever told.
>>
>>92318325
I think this cover made a bad first impression.
>>
>>92319693
This, the mouth is incredibly silly and doesn't work with Spidey like it does for Deadpool
>>
>>92319693
You don't say!
>>
>>92318325
It's literally just a male version of Gwen's costume
>>
>>92321686
But with a dumb mouth
>>
>>92319304
I'd say the 10s clearly are, and the 00s would be giving the 90s a good fight for second worse.
>>
The original Scarlet Spider costume is the sexiest fucking costume I've ever seen, glad they went back to it.
>>
>>92321829
Yea the mouth was the only real problem I had with it
>>
I usually trust Based PAD as a writer, but I just can't get behind the concept of the book. Bringing Ben back just to make him an edgy Deadpool lite is not okay.
>>
>>92318325

Ditch the hood and the mouth and I'm cool wit it. I just want Ben's old personality back, but we'll see where this goes.
>>
>>92318325
>LMFAO DUDE LETS PUT HOODS ON EVERYONE.

It BARELY works with the Gwen one. Literally the new pouches.
>>
>>92318311
>fuck up
>admit you fucked up
>work to correct it
What fucking timeline did I stumble into? Maybe they'll fix his personality too.
>>
>>92323286
>Literally the new pouches.

But pouches are good. You *need* pouches to hold tools, cellphones, money/credit cards, keys, weapons, ammo, Kryptonite ring, special gear, computer, GPS, gum, snacks, energy drinks, medical supplies, cigarettes, lighter, flask of whiskey, condoms, lube, rohypnol, ether/chloroform,rags, blindfolds, zip-ties/cuffs, candy/puppy/kitten, camera...
>>
File: when doves cry.png (174KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
when doves cry.png
174KB, 512x384px
>>92323735
>>
>>92323735
He still has old Ben in his head, I hope he takes over in issue 3.
>>
>>92318311
I'm actually kind of sad to see it go. It's clear this Ben's not anything like he was pre-death, so his costume should reflect that. This is one transition that would have been good to draw out a little.

Still, good on PAD for actually paying attention to his fans.
>>
>>92319304
Early ninties were great, late ninties is where you got gibberish filling pages and art that was impossible to decipher. And it was still a mixed bag till Bendis got his greasy foot in the door.
>>
>>92318311
>the comic is about Ben Reilly
coulda fooled me
nuBen is discount Deadpool
>>
>>92323286
To be fair, Ben was the original hoodie guy
>>
>>92318325
If it wasn't for the hood this would be a great costume. That one alteration would put it head and shoulders over the 90's Scarlet Spider look.
>>92323190
>>92323286
>>92319591
Huh, looks like peoplpe agree with me this time. Everyone but me seemed to like Spider-Gwen's hood. Well, I was hating hoods before it was cool, guys!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.