[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they retcon this in the movies? This episode was my favorite.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (377KB, 500x993px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
377KB, 500x993px
Why did they retcon this in the movies? This episode was my favorite.
>>
>>92314156
What did they do?
>>
>>92314225
Fry came back and lived the rest of his life in that time and even played with his nephew, according to the rest of the world he never disappeared in 2000 at all.
>>
File: 960.jpg (127KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
127KB, 960x540px
>>92314156
Also Jurassic Bark
>>
>>92314316
They still named him Philip and he still kept the clover and did all the things he did as far as we know so, who cares?
>>
>>92314482
0/10
>>
>>92314318
they didn't though
the dod this time waited for him to retern from his whale hunting trip
>>
>retcon

It's called time travel. All that earlier stuff happened in the original timeline and now we've broken off into a new one. Several times.
>>
>>92314585
More importantly, it even explained how he ended up flash fossilized in dolemite.
>>
>>92314642
>it's not a retcon if they hang a lampshade from it!

They already did time travel, and much better earlier in the series.
>>
>>92314482
>>92314698
these.
Fry probably told his nephew stories from the future inspiring him to be the great man he became.

while it does take away the meaning of the dog's death it's kind of hard to believe that he got fossilize perfectly.
>>
>>92314156
Hell, they managed to give it meaning back by instead of Fry disappearing, he outright died after having become someone.
>>
>>92314156
The first seasons of Futerama were the shit. Later seasons just sucked.
>>
>>92314156
So that you would know that post-cancellation Futurama would not be worth your time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.