[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me understand two things from new Deathstroke run 1. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Deathstroke_Rebirth.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke_Rebirth.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Help me understand two things from new Deathstroke run
1. Why did Adeline hire the Red Lion to get Slade to change his costume? This plot point only played out in Deathstroke vs Superman fight where Jericho turned Slade's Ikon suit off with his. But there's no way Adeline could have known that Jericho would even go with Superman to stop Slade.
2. Why did Jericho's fiance sleep with Slade? She doesn't work for Adeline and Adeline wouldn't really want that. And the whole "I'm only sleeping with you because I want to keep you at bay" sounds stupid as hell.
I really like this book but some of the motivations seem really artificial and forced. Unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>92311763
I'd have to reread to answer the question about the new costume (at least in-universe. The real reason is that the creatives wanted to have Slade wear the old stuff.)

But why did Etienne sleep with Slade? Um...because he's hot. They both wanted to distract the other from their plans, and also, they're both hot. And pretty amoral.
>>
>>92311794
>But why did Etienne sleep with Slade? Um...because he's hot. They both wanted to distract the other from their plans, and also, they're both hot. And pretty amoral.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. With all the keikaku shit and stuff, the reveal was pretty WTF moment but when you learn the motivations behind it, you realize how shallow it is.
>>
>>92311763
Slade slept with her so that she wont proceed with the wedding. Keikaku either she skips the wedding or get killed in the crossfire with amanda.

Slade seems to care that his son marry someone not a spy/slut in an idirect asshole dad sort of way
>>
>>92313300
There might be more to it, but it just seems like she was in over her head which is why Waller was telling her to get out of there.

The SS involvement is probably going to generally lead to something else though.
>>
>>92313467
That works. Also what about the first one.
>>
>>92313748
I like this >>92313467 anon's interpretation, Waller called her back as soon as she started sleeping with Slade which is probably what he'd have wanted but her motivations for sleeping with him are still a bit shallow.
>>
>>92313820
She slept with slade to get closer to him because she's a waller spy, there's nothing shallow about her motivations however she is incredibly naive to believe that she can play chess with waller and slade and somehow survive.

The suit change was made so that jericho can override him
>>
>>92314160
>The suit change was made so that jericho can override him
Yeah that plot point is a bit harder to digest, I guess I agree with your first point though.
>>
>>92314217
It is, the book does lots of leaps of logic. Its still better than whats on the racks nowadays
>>
>>92314364
Agreed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.