[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most cartoons on YouTube get around 10,000 views on average,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Most cartoons on YouTube get around 10,000 views on average, and chances are a huge chunk of those are adults. Even web cartoons that are more popular than that don't get anywhere near the amount of views TV ones get. Is it even worth it?
>>
Fuck kids!

Just spam your cartoon on /co/ every day, pretending to be a different person each time. How are they going to know you're actually the creator? To avoid looking suspicious, make a negative post every now and again, but immediately samefag disagree with yourself multiple times.
>>
>>92301821
Anecdotal information says no, Youtube isn't promoting or supporting cartoons.

Statistical information says cartoons are fucking dead on Youtube and you should abandon such dreams to make vlogs about the fad of the week. The more you sell out to make cheap shit the better.
>>
>>92301821
>>92306025
>Refusing to make animations because you'll make 15 cents per video instead of 22 cents per video now
>Not doing animations for the sake of loving to animate/draw
>Not doing what you love
>Not making cartoons as a secondary source of income
not gonna make it
>>
The only way to make it on youtube with animation is to be able to release videos fast enough so your audience interest doesn't wane. Sorta like how explosm does it, then sticks it into a 10 minute comp for the $ (and merch).

Otherwise you really can't expect to earn much with youtube and animation, but it's still an amazing place to share your stuff and build a portfolio (the audience there is still many times larger than you'd find anywhere else).

As for doing it for the sake of love, sure, but you gotta eat too, and often enough after a hard day of work the last thing you wanna do is animate for hours.
>>
>>92307921
Wow, a sensible post about animating for the internet. Kudos.

>As for doing it for the sake of love, sure, but you gotta eat too, and often enough after a hard day of work the last thing you wanna do is animate for hours.
Eh, true. Assuming you're very serious about your craft, you could always attempt to work on your projects on the days you're free. Especially now since there's nothing good or interesting coming out to distract yourself(games, movies, shows, etc etc. They're all shit).
>>
>>92308222
I'm one of those youtube animators, and my current million+ views a month is earning $15 from ads a day aha. But I always expected that to happen someday, so I saved up all the cash I got from it.

I did get job offers from actual animation studios due to my youtube work however, and i'll likely do some freelance work and wait and see if youtube adrev recovers or not.
>>
>>92301821
my favorite cartoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
>>
>>92307316
get out /ic/
>>
>>92308328
Tiarawhy?
>>
File: 1484823492891.webm (388KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1484823492891.webm
388KB, 720x404px
>>92308328
>>But I always expected that to happen someday, so I saved up all the cash I got from it
>Artists
>Saving
I'd be lying if I said I'm not impressed. Really, mosts artists I run into tend to blow all their cash every time so that's kind of a shock to me. It's as if saving is a foreign concept to most of them. I mean, it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it, it just never made any sense to me.

>I did get job offers from actual animation studios due to my youtube work however, and i'll likely do some freelance work and wait and see if youtube adrev recovers or not
Nice, bro. Best of luck to you in the future. Hopefully someday YouTube will come around and support animators again.

>>92307921
>Otherwise you really can't expect to earn much with youtube and animation, but it's still an amazing place to share your stuff and build a portfolio
Also adding onto this -- Vimeo is a great place to share your work too. You won't reach an audience as large as you would on YT, but it's comfy as hell. Especially now with all those professional animators on it and a new generation of talent joining in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.