[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we going to get a new flash? I am getting pretty tired of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Are we going to get a new flash? I am getting pretty tired of Barry and I am waiting for him to get replaced again before I really get back into the series.
>>
As https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4cl1ZkZs4 points out Barry is the flash in order to make selling movie tickets easier and because no one liked Bart. Are only character chance is night Sally down the line but that isn't much better
>>
>>92296076
Too bad Wally started out as the stereotypical "troubled black kid with dad issues" but he can grow out of it. The biggest issue is that DC and marvel have proven they can't write black characters any more.
>>
>>92296165
I think the "black kid with daddy issues" thing is better than most black kid characters these days because it's true to what actual people face every day and doesn't insult black kids' intelligence with "look at this black kid, he's a super genius who invents time portals and shit!!! Don't you wanna be like him?!"

I feel like McDuffie is the only writer who understood this. If you want to make a character black kids can look up to and relate to, you have to face some potentially uncomfortable truths about what black people actually live like.

Priest referred to the people who make those super genius black kids as "white intellectuals who think they're beyond racism" and he was 100% right.

So you wanna make Black Wally interesting? Make him a real person with flaws and struggles.
>>
>>92296076
At least wally isn't the tech black kid trope which is what cyborg is taken to the extreme
>>
>>92296165
>>92296317
Helps that his dad is white since you don't have people arguing that it's wrong to have a black man be absent to his son. But they shouldn't have gone so strong with the delinquency to introduce him.

>>92297188
Isn't Cyborg a jock though who is also part robot so he had to learn stuff to maintain himself?
>>
>>92297305
Yeah but in the comics he acts really serious non jock personality
>>
no way, we'll just keep getting old flashes back
>>
>>92301056
So Jay becomes the main again? I am ok with that.
>>
>>92295865
>Are we going to get a new flash
no

maybe in a couple decades or so but mostly no
>>
>>92295865
>I am getting pretty tired of Barry
Nah.
>>
>>92302575
I would take bally over him.
>>
>>92302575
t. WB suits
>>
>>92295865
0% chance of Barry ever being replaced
>>
>>92302575
I want him dead so bad.
>>
What explanation would you give for a new speedster to replace Barry /co/?
>>
>>92295865
nah, he's Speed Force Jesus
>>
What about Chinese Lady Flash?
>>
>>92305053
I have no idea what they are planning on doing with her.
>>
>>92305254
She's in the Justice League of China now
>>
>>92302700
But the CW show also uses Barry?
At least hate the DCEU for reasons that make sense.
>>
>>92305009
In 10 years DC announces a new universe altering reboot. It will be in real time like judge dredd. Death will be permanent but hard to approve with editors. Barry sacrifices himself like he did before in the lead in event. Black Wally, who at this point had aged up a little bit, steps up as flash. White wally becomes obsessed with "finding" Barry because he still thinks he's alive somewhere in the speed force. White wally would (re?)discover the multi verse and after the first arc would start jumping from universe to universe looking for Barry.
>>
>>92305270
>Justice league of china
I didn't even know that was a thing.
>>
>>92305385
I would read a comic about Wally jumping universes.
>>
The female Flash in her short shorts gives me an erection
>>
File: Jesse_Quick[1].jpg (55KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Quick[1].jpg
55KB, 250x331px
>>92305476
I don't think she exists in the new 52 universe.
>>
>>92305009
He dies.

It worked really well the first time.
>>
>>92305890
Her Liberty Belle costume was better tbqh, but I don't mind the leg
>>
>>92295865
>I am getting pretty tired of Barry
He's SO fucking boring
>>
File: Jesse-Quick-DC-Comics-Titans-a.jpg (67KB, 500x995px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse-Quick-DC-Comics-Titans-a.jpg
67KB, 500x995px
>>92305890
I liked her older Jesse Quick costume best
>>
>>92306203
>DC: We want The Flash to be popular
>I know, lets get the most powering character and shill him!
>>
>>92295865
Nah

That dude has got a TV show and movie appearance.

His ass isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>92306324
Too bad they are both Mediocre.
>>
>>92295865
>>92302613
>>92304765
>>92306843
>>92306320
t. Wallyfags pretending Wally was any better
>>
>>92306203
I mean, what can you do with his blank slate of a personality?
>>
>>92305411
Why would you not be reading DC's best book that isn't Flintstones?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.