[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we're stuck with Meme Lord forever huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 24

File: StarLord001McNiven.jpg (248KB, 1200x1821px) Image search: [Google]
StarLord001McNiven.jpg
248KB, 1200x1821px
So we're stuck with Meme Lord forever huh?
>>
>>92295768
>EMH was the last time we got war vet Quill and British Rocket in anything aside from MvC3
>>
>>92295768
Seems like it. I don't blame Bendis or James Gunn. In the end, it's all Axel Alonso's fault
>>
>>92295861
>EMH was the last time we got war vet Quill
No, it isn't. Last time we got war vet Quill was Guardians 3000.
>>
>>92295836
More like
>everything is a meme
which is accurate.

If you can tell me who said 'words are a virus' without goggling I'll give you a (You)
>>
File: danceoff.jpg (150KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
danceoff.jpg
150KB, 1080x720px
>>92295836
>This isn't a meme lord
>>
>>92295969
That wasn't Quill, it was his ancestor. Guardians 3000 Quill was Meme Lord
>>
>>92295861
EMH Quill was pretty lame. But he also got hardly any screentime.
>>
>>92295768

you should've tried reading Zdarsky's book.
or Duggan's new Guardians
>>
>>92296030
>b-but he makes references and uses earth expressions! (you know, like he did in Annihilation, Conquest, and GOTGv2)
>and his hair is blonde!
>NOT MUH QUILL
>>
>>92296030
Duggan's is still wait and see since he promised a lot, but the first issue wasn't that good

Zdarsky was a gigantic piece of shit.

In any case, but have Meme Lord in full forcé.
>>
>>92296015
The best Meme-Lord in current Marvel mind you.
>>
>>92296005
>taking advantage of his surroundings with a last-minute distraction to buy some time before the final play

Seems pretty Star-Lord to me.
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
>>92295768
Character was disturbingly unsuccessful for 40 years.

Meanwhile Memelord is wildly successful.
>>
>>92295906
>I don't blame Bendis
You're right, we should blame Dogfucker. Bendis is a lost cause. He writes all the characters as unfunny quippy machines that repeat themselves no matter the character.
>>
>>92295861
>British Rocket.

Huh...I always assumed he was Australian.
>>
>>92296030
Fuck off literal faggot.
Zdarsky was Humphries tier and Duggan's is still 100% Meme-Lord.
>>
>>92296153
>Meanwhile Memelord is wildly successful.
Chris Pratt Star-Lord is. Meme-Lord can't draw a dime.
>>
>>92296136
>distraction is so retarded it would've never worked in any situation other than the setting of a joke.
>thinking old Quill would step so low as to use a tactic as retarded as that one
I mean, Meme Lord would totally do it but he has brain damage. The real Star-Lord? Not in a million years.
>>
>>92296153
>Meanwhile normies love watching /tv/.

FTFY
>>
File: RCO019_1468989163.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_1468989163.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>92295861
I never really got British Rocket. Mantlo and Giffen are both Americans, and none of the DnA comics seemed to give him any obvious Britishisms. Was there something in the original comics that suggested this, because I only read a little of Rocket's original Halfworld series, but I don't remember any hints there either. Is it just a Beatles joke?
>>
>>92296354
It's because MvC 3 Rocket had a weird accent and called others' wankers. I think the EMH version also did.
>>
>>92296136
Maybe a bit over the top, but it was completely in-line with what Star-Lord's about: React quickly in a situation where all hope is lost and get away with it.
>>
>>92295768
No, we're stuck with him for the next few years until he stops appearing in movies and his cultural cachet depletes enough that Marvel doesn't really care how close the comic version is to the film version. Even beyond that most comic writers won't slavishly follow the film version and as such the comic version will never be a complete copy of the film version, especially considering the disconnect between comic writers and the scriptwriters.

Unless Bendis is writing it because holy shit dude wants in on TV and Film production bad.
>>
>>92295768
Yes, you're stuck with the characterization that led to commercial success over the one that started in various canceled books.
>>
>>92296344
>Not posting the next page where he calmly talks about the powers of the cosmic cube, only to goad Thanos closer to one shot him with a phony cosmic cube.
>>
>>92296424
Yeah, good luck explaining that to the nimrods around here. Lord knows I've tried. If his hair is blonde and he doesn't wear a uniform he's Meme-Lord to them.
Same tools who think frelling Master Chief was an appropriate voice for DnA Quill.
>>
File: 104.gif (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
104.gif
11KB, 220x220px
>>92296243
Remind me again why Harley looks an awful lot like a movie incarnation?
>>
>>92296571
Just like how he calmly mocked Ronan about how they were the Guardians of the Galaxy before dispatching him with the power stone?
>>
>>92295768
At least until the MCU craze dies or the Guardian movies stop and then someone comes and does something different.

The other way would be having Star-Lord have a dramatic character development. Gunn is gone after vol 3 and he's just goimg to be giving advice (which means nothing really) Pratt said he was down for the role for another decade so there's chance of someome else doing something different with Peter.

Even then MCU Star-Lord is fine, Marvel Comics and Entertainment just needs to get better writers and editors that stop trying to copy Gunn or do shitty 2nd rate wannabe Pratt Star-Lords that come out more like Andy Dwyer than MCU Star-Lord himself.
>>
>>92296594
Because fuck yourself normie fag
>>
>>92296594
God knows I enjoyed the soft-bondage Harley book.
>>
>>92296616
>that come out more like Andy Dwyer than MCU Star-Lord himself
Shut your whore mouth.

Andy was actually funny.
>>
>>92296616
Yeah, it's kinda annoying that Gunn's vision for the character is his and he makes it work, while others try to copy his vision and it comes off as something phony and forced.
>>
>>92296723
>and it comes off as something phony and forced.
That goes for everything Marvel tries to synergize though. Just take a look at Iron Man.
>>
>>92296594
She doesn't. The only resemblance between the two versions would have been with her initial Nu52, and even those had significant differences outside hotpants and color scheme.
>>
File: RocketGroot1.jpg (421KB, 800x371px) Image search: [Google]
RocketGroot1.jpg
421KB, 800x371px
>>92296354
Abnett said he imagined him with a Cockney accent.

Mantlo gave him some type of accent or at least he wrote certain words that Rocket said the way they would sound instead of just writing the word.
>>
>>92296381
Right. What I'm saying is, that seems to have come out of nowhere, because I don't remember comic rocket ever calling anyone a wanker. But then again, I don't remember him ever using a log trap in the comics either.
>>
>>92296723
>while others try to copy his vision and it comes off as something phony and forced
I remember reading one of the Guardians comics tthat came out right after the movie, and they literally started dancing at some enemies. It didn't have the context of being some desperate delay tactic, they were just being wacky for no reason
>>
>>92296819
>she totally doesn't look like the movies one guys!
Man, you're delusional.
>>
>>92296866
"Giddap" doesn't sound very British.
>>
>>92296723
In a world without Wendell Vaughn and Richard Rider it's understandable that they leaned harder into making Quill a relatable Everyman. Even then the MCU retains his trademark off the wall plans and reckless "fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants" attitude that set him apart from the other Cosmic heroes.
>>
>>92296896
Only the hair is from the movie. She has been wearing that two piece since the new 52 started and they added some stuff to make it roller derby themed overall.
>>
>>92296990
She literally changes into the movie attire later on.

Do you really enjoy embarrassing yourself that much, anon?
>>
>>92296896
Exactly the same. Like looking into a mirror made of twins.
>>
>>92296896
White skin, red and black costume resembling the original, no t-shirt, no bat, no tattoos.

Maybe you are just fucking blind, or a shilling Msarvelfag who does not know what they are talking about
>>
>>92296896
>>92297068
Not seeing it

>>92296153
You're a fucking idiot
>>
File: HARLEY_Cv19.jpg (231KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HARLEY_Cv19.jpg
231KB, 791x1200px
>>92297034
No, the roller derby look is still her costume. I'm not sure you're actually informed here.
>>
>>92296712
He was but Star-Lord shouldn't be Andy Dwyer.

>>92296921
Didn't say he was Brit but that Mantlo gave him a unique speech pattern lile Wolverine and Rogue had but not as pronounced.

Abnett said he imagined him having a Cockney accent, and I think he wrote the EMH episode with Lanning, could be wrong.

Also he said "Giddyap"
>>
>>92297068
kek

They even got the jacket. Not to mention the current SS is the same line up from the movie.
>>
>>92297117
And for clarity, this is the cover solicited for this month.

She may have worn the movie costume as a gag once because it's a comedy book, but they did not actually switch her to it.
>>
>>92297135
>Also he said "Giddyap"
Point still stands. Anyway, if Lanning says he has a Cockney accent, then I suppose that's an explanation at least.
>>
>>92296896
She only got that hair because of movie synergy
Before that it was red and black I think
>>
File: quill.jpg (64KB, 387x685px) Image search: [Google]
quill.jpg
64KB, 387x685px
>>92296209
Pratt's Star-Lord was an actual character. Meme-Lord is a hollow facsimile. Kinda like the difference between Kellypool and Waypool
>>
>>92296594
It's because the New 52 aimed to set up more cinematic interpretations of the characters, hence the armored costumes and the emphasis on singular, "iconic" trade paperback volumes?
>>
>>92296889
Mainstream writers are often autists who can't and don't look into the meaning behind a character or scene. It's literally like how Chris Chan would put in characters from media he liked into Sonichu, because it's "funny".
>>
No one outside of hardcore comic readers even knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy were until the movie.

It should have stayed that way.
>>
>>92295768
Thanks, people with shit taste!
>>
>>92295768
>Meme Lord

Now I haven't read the latest Bendis volume but I read his Marvel Now run, and the Star Lord solos. He's just a badly drawn copy of Chris Pratt who smiles a lot and does good stuff because ''Muh Richard!'' and that's it. Hes not a meme lord, he's barely a character compared with the Abnett days. The only meme lord would be Rocket.

>BLAM murdered you! Hahahahaha
>>
>>92295768
>we're stuck with Iron Meme forever
>we're stuck with Memey Thor forever
>we're stuck with Captain Amemeica forever
>we're stuck with Spider-Meme forever
>we're stuck with Ant-Meme forever
The list goes on. Quips have destroyed Marvel.
>>
>>92297952
>we're stuck with Spider-Meme forever
>Quips have destroyed Marvel.
I despise these bandwaggoners.
>>
The only thing better than these movies is how mad you guys get about them being popular.
>>
>>92297866
GotG was great because it took everything that was awesome from Annihilation and ran with it. They were characters we knew and had grown to care about over the course of months of storytelling. A team of mostly underpowered D-listers grew into badass grizzled war veterans who managed to beat some of the Marvel Universe's toughest villains. Shit was amazing.
>>
>>92298047
But we're complaining about the comics.

I love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.
>>
File: 1345553-scan0042.jpg (554KB, 1245x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1345553-scan0042.jpg
554KB, 1245x1920px
>>92297952
>>92297990
MCU Spider-Man quips are nothing like 616 Spider-Man quips. He's more sassy if anything while the jokes involving MCU Spider-Man is just him talking about how cool things are.
>>
>>92295768
He's the most popular and know version of the character by several magnitudes. All other takes on Star Lord at irrelevant at this point
>>
>>92298110
Do you realize that guy was complaining about being stuck with a Spider-Man that's a quip machine, right?

Why are you bringing an entirely different topic?
>>
>>92298047
I think most people here are more upset about the inspiration that the comics and cartoons have chosen to take from the movies, than how it's done in the movies themselves. Quill works fine when Pratt is playing him and Gunn is directing. It's other writers mistaking what people liked about it and executing that character badly that's the problem.
>>
>>92297952
Ant-Man got cancelled.
>>
>>92297952
You're an idiot
>>
>>92295768

The MCU Producers found Giffen/DnA Star-Lord to be too boring for audiences.

>[The Marvel Producers) also reviewed Star-Lord’s origin story to decide how he was superpowered. The redemption storyline for him in the comics was a bit boring and they wanted to make him more like Han Solo. He means well as a character but can also be kind of a jerk and opening with the childhood backstory with his mother’s death and his abduction earned the emotional capital to make even his less admirable behaviour very relatable. Drax also had his backstory adjusted. Human in the comics, in the film script that humanity would dilute Peter Quill’s own similar human traits so Drax was instead made an entirely other race. The producers at Marvel really know their stuff Nicole says, and gave great notes on how to move forward through the drafts.

>http://www.chrisjonesblog.com/2015/10/nicole-perlman-journey.html

Also if you read that article they wanted to move away from gritty superhero movies or serious stuff so Giffen Star-Lord wasn't going to cut it. I still think they can make him grow up a bit especially since Chris Pratt has so much range and I'm down with Star-Lord getting more serious with protecting the Galaxy and becoming a full fledge leader, maybe even mentor Rich a bit when they do a Nova movie.

So they can do DnA Peter in that regard, since DnA Peter joked and was still a crazy maverick and unorthodox with his plans and the difference between him and MCU Peter is just that he's more mature, not as carefree. and probably not as crass.

>>92297945
>and does good stuff because ''Muh Richard!''

What? He only mentions Richard in the Original Sin tie-in story and that's it, after that he didn't even think about him.
>>
>>92298396
Well they're not wrong. And it's in the vein of Englehart Peter who was an emotionally stunted jerk bitter about his mom and his shitty childhood. But like you said they bring in the glib facade of DnA as well. Add in the music and nostalgia from Gunn and it's a pretty unique character.
>>
Anybody got the Annhilation to Thanos Imperative mega or torrent?

I lost my hard drive and want to do a good cosmic reread
>>
>>92295768
You can tell he's cool because he's wearing a leather jacket over his leather jacket.
>>
The first issue of the new GOTG wasn't that bad. It wasn't as good as the original Star-Lord but it's a lot better than what he's been lately.
>>
File: 1357444984564.jpg (900KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1357444984564.jpg
900KB, 1680x1050px
Has only half his helmet I need this one to really just give it the 10/10 movie. I'm shallow but I like my heroes to look good while kicking ass.
>>
Can anyone explain why ego wanted to kill everyone?

Like I get his purpose was universal conquest, but why kill everything in doing so?
>>
>>92301512
It wasn't conquest. He found other life disappointing and decided his purpose in existence was to replace it with more of himself. He was going to be everywhere and everything.
>>
>>92301512
He expect life to be more than what it is, he was disappointed at what life had to offer him so he thought life would be better if he was everything instead.
>>
>>92301621
but he wasn't creating more celestials he was just expanding himself unless I missed something wrong entirely.

Anyone else feel like Ego was going to use Starlord to regain his youth too? It really seemed like there was a Peter birth had stolen some of his powersource and weakened him kind of thing and he needed his kids to rejuvenate him
>>
>>92296235
fuck off
Staring downa god when your well thought out plan, weapon, and crashing a ship into didn't work. What wouyld you do?

Oh that's right, you'd give up and die. You're just bitter that your headcannon Quill isn't in the movie.
>>
At what point did Marvel retcon Star-Lord's early history to an alternate universe?
>>
>>92296866
Cockney seems wrong to me. If you're going to run with the Beatles reference and make him British, either make him Scouse or give him whatever accent North Dakota has.
>>
>>92301750
>Peter birth had stolen some of his powersource and weakened him kind of thing and he needed his kids to rejuvenate him
No he needed peter to help him manage the whole galactic dominance. It's like he needed more memory for the pc to actually accomplish the task he set it up for.
>>
>>92302042
Yeah but it didn't seem like that't what they were setting up or else why would Ego let his shell look so old he could make his body look however for what purpose would you not look in your prime forever?
>>
>>92297399
the difference between waypool and kelly pool are like night and day, but even medina got the emotionalaaspect of deadpool down often enough where it wasn't a mistake, he just made him less hardcore which actually worked with his characterization.
>>
>>92302041
Anon, most people outside of Britain don't give a shit about British accents. Also he wasn't cockney in UMVC2/EMH. He was just angry and british.
>>
File: bad decision.png (227KB, 310x416px) Image search: [Google]
bad decision.png
227KB, 310x416px
I believe in Zdarksy to make Starlord a balance between Hardass Vet-Lord and Chris Pratt Lord

The short solo series was really fun. Even if the Black Cat and Logan appearences were forced.
>>
File: 1493847869169.jpg (4KB, 108x120px) Image search: [Google]
1493847869169.jpg
4KB, 108x120px
>>92302441
nvm imagine my shock when I realized I forgot that Zdarksy was only writing the starlord mini series.

I hope Duggan does that instead.
>>
>>92296354
>To start wrapping up, the last major question that I have has to do with the one semi-controversial element to theGuardiansfilm. If you could put your thumb down on this one, I think everybody kind of wants to know the truth as to whether or not Rocket was supposed to be British.

>AL:[Laughs] The weird thing is, I’ve got a theory and I don’t know if this is true, and it could just be complete solipsism on my part actually, but: Dan and I wrote the Guardians of the Galaxy episode of theAvengerscartoon, when the Guardians turned up for the first time in the animated universe. I was dealing with Chris Yost at the time, and chatting to him over the phone a lot, and I’ve got a bit of a… I’m not a cockney, I’m not from London or anything, but I’ve got very estuary English. I’m very close to London, so I’m a bit “awright, mate, ‘ow’s it goin’?” [Laughs] And suddenly, in that episode, Rocket ends up with this cockney accent! He’s walking about, “awright, son,” but sounding a little bit Dick Van Dyke for my taste. “‘ello, Mary Poppins!” And part of me is thinking, I reckon Chris Yost is taking the piss! [Laughs] He’s actually having a sly little pop. But only Chris Yost will know this, because I don’t know what the decision making process was for when they voiced Rocket in that cartoon. But from that point onwards, everyone has had the expectations when Rocket appears, like when Rocket appeared onUltimate Spider-Man, there’s this expectation that he’s got this cockney accent.

>So I don’t know. I don’t know if it was Chris since Dan and I are both English, though Dan does talk a lot more eloquently than meself, I am a bit moreapples and pearsand all that. But that to me was the only explanation I could think of as to why Rocket would have an English accent: it’s either in honor of the fact he had two English writers, or it’s a sly piss-take that he had two English writers on him. [Laughs] Either of which, I’m quite happy with.
>>
>>92302609
>But then, like I say, there’s that big expectation that he would have an English accent in the film, but he could have any accent you want, really, because he’s not even technically raccoon. He’s a creature from space that happens to look like a raccoon, apparently! And — one of the things James has done with Rocket is that he’s added an extra little twist to his backstory that is really very poignant and adds even more depth to Rocket as a character. As writer/director, you know that James has gone into this and looked at the characters and given each of them their own little twist of his own personal take on them, and it’s really nice to see particularly with Rocket. There’s something, as a comic writer, once the film’s out I’d love to get my hands on doing something with Rocket that explores the aspect of this twist that James put in it. I’m not going to say anything more as it’s a nice thing to find out in the film, though.
>>
File: Rocket-Raccoon-1st-Appearance.png (928KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket-Raccoon-1st-Appearance.png
928KB, 768x1024px
>>92296354
He had it when he appeared in Marvel Preview #7
>>
File: muh_star-lord.jpg (879KB, 1827x1103px) Image search: [Google]
muh_star-lord.jpg
879KB, 1827x1103px
>Meme-Lord
>>
>>92303187
To be fair none of that is obnoxious and we got moments were Peter did something other than joke.

We also got characters acknowledging him being smart and other than glib and superficial. We get more than tje quipping.

Go read Legendary Star-Lord by Humphries and even watch the GotG cartoon he's an idiot that is incapable of forming a coherent sentence and everyone acknowledges him as being an idiot.

Alsp nothing DnA did was as bad as pic related.

But yes people who say Peter never joked didn't read DnA GotG. Hell even in Annihilation after sleeping with Gamora, she makes a joke and Rich tells her she's hanging too much with Peter. Not to mention Peter made jokes throughout that story and Rich even gets annoyed by some of them.
>>
File: Yr9iZzm_d.jpg (85KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Yr9iZzm_d.jpg
85KB, 640x457px
>>92303187
Groot is not even a baby and he's not cute there.

Drax was always some form of weird or dumb but during DnA's and Giffen's tenure he was smart enough to get metaphors and some social cues. That said the example you provided could even be applied to any non genius musclehead character.

Peter and Gamora rarely even interacted and he even at another point tells Mantis he could kiss her but there was no sexual tension between him or any of them (even if Peter was cute with Mantis). Gamora wasn't interested in Peter at all, not even in a tsundere way, the only men she wants to bone are Rich, Adam, and Vance.

Also some of those example are too tryhard, some are not even jokes.

Yes Peter did quip but that wasn't everything about his character.

That said MCU Star-Lord is fine, the problem is the hacks in Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Comics trying to copy Gunn and shitting out a diluted 3rd rate product.
>>
I hope that in Vol. 3 Gunn decides to let them fuck up, like fail to save a planet or whatever so then the character can have that character development.

Maybe then we can have vet Star-Lord again.
>>
>>92304467
The team disbands and Quill next appears as a bearded cyborg prisoner in the Nova movie. Rich builds a rapport with this jaded ex-con who is actually a wise hero despite his unorthodox and reckless methods.
>>
File: WAA!.gif (794KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
WAA!.gif
794KB, 365x365px
>>92295768
>its a /co/ pretends they were massive fans of something obscure before normies heard of it episode
I can't wait for the years of Inhumans threads now.
>>
>>92304708
I guess you weren't here when Thanos Imperative was coming out and an anon was storytiming it or when /co/ was excited at the GotG movie announcement while everyone else scratched their heads.

But yeah there are a lot of bandwagoner fags lately.
>>
File: 1243649017051.jpg (80KB, 734x598px) Image search: [Google]
1243649017051.jpg
80KB, 734x598px
> all these shit fanfiction ideas about quill mentoring richard
> not wanting to see space training day with john c reilly taking in a young rich instead
apply yourselves
>>
>>92304467
Too dark for the kids, but that's probably happening in Infinity War and since everything will be Dragon Ball'd in the end it won't matter how many people die and they can keep the development in a "we were lucky the mcguffin could save us but we know we fucked up" kind of way.
>>
>>92305029
Quill "mentoring" Rich isn't fanfiction, it has some basis in the comics. Meanwhile Dey never actually met Rich.
>>
>>92303187
All lot of cherrypicking in this pic (>peterXgamora lol), but for all the shit Gunn gets his Star-Lord is surprisingly accurate to the DnA version in that he's funny but not obnoxiously quippy, but Bendis and Humphries never understood this.
>>
>>92305246
mcu =/= comics, especially space stuff

i'd rather see richard stand on his own with the nova corps first than be upstaged by pratt

reilly is a great actor and can bridge the cosmic stuff for normies but still be supporting enough to let richard stand on his own

easy pitch:

> nova prime used the power stone/orb to charge up the nova corps and create the centurions/world mind
> adam warlock shenanigans hits fan in vol3, breaks corps in the fallout
> novaforce is given to richard as last remaining nova corpsmen to rebuild corp with reilly as punished dey
>>
>>92305029
>Making the movie Green Lantern lite

Nah, the whole thing with Rich is that he's the last Nova and is thrown into the role alone with no training. Dhey is long gone once Rich gets the Nova force from him. He learns to be a Nova by himself.

Peter shouldn't train him or mentor him, that I agree although I'm afraid the MCU might make another Spidey/RDJ thing since Quill will be the Iron Man of Marvel Cosmic.

If anything Peter should be the guy Rich hangs out with or his bro. Someone he can relate too and have as support, both of them were the only two Terrans in the Annihilation war in the comics (Cammi came in later, and Heather thinks herself more of a Titan) and that was something they bonded over.

Peter can give him advice or pull him out of (or into) trouble but Rich should also be on equal terms with him and call him on his bullshit.

But if you must give him someone to guide him, just give him Worldmind.
>>
>>92305393
i feel that richard can be the "spidey" character that most fans wanted in the MCU, 20s/young adult, growing up into the person you want to be, relatable, etc

since they're putting pete back in high school, richard fills that gap

he can also bridge earth-cosmic stuff more, since it seems like danvers will stand more on her own

more and more rumors saying he'll spin out of captain marvel or gotg3, most likely for phase 4
>>
>>92305393
do be fair the nova corps is basically the GL corps lite

one way they could take it is making richard space dredd, although not as violent of course
>>
>>92305490
Peter, Richard and Kamala should become the teen trinity of the MCU.
>>
>>92305490
Those rumors came from a /co/ anon and Perlman mentioning that she likes Rich in several interviews were she brings him up.

That daid wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Rich in Captain Marvel.
>>
>>92305562
Man. It'd be so cool if it were to happen, but how the fuck does Rich fit within Captain Marvel's narrative?
>>
>>92305539
That's why they got killed all the time and why they never factored much in the Nova stories not to mention Rich never meshed well with them

>Richard
>Space Dredd
That's a shit idea, Rich is nothing like Joe Dredd, for once Dredd wouldn't fraternize with Drax, Gamora, or Star-Lord.
>>
>>92305029
Quill was more of a cool older brother to Richard.
>>
>>92305540
>Not Spider-Man, Starfire, and Iceman.

Remember, Fox made that deal with Disney, and we've seen Watchers in Guardians.
>>
>>92305832
>Disney
You said it, boss. Film Spidey is Sony's property.

Also if you don't have the original Spider-Man and Nova making up the teen trinity in the most popular Marvel product then how are you supposed to spite Bendis and Loeb?
>>
>>92305562
> Perlman mentioning that she likes Rich in several interviews

Yep

>Things for Guardians changed along the way, decisions had to be made like whether they were going to include Nova.

>http://www.chrisjonesblog.com/2015/10/nicole-perlman-journey.html

>NR: Were there other comic books you read, other than Guardians, that caught your attention?

>Perlman: I read some related in that world. I was really trying to read a lot about these characters, but I read a lot of Black Widow stuff. I read the Nova comics a lot. It was great.

>http://nerdreactor.com/2014/07/27/sdcc-2014-guardians-of-the-galaxys-nicole-perlman/#lR8Gzx1GIwsUI06u.99

>Pelrman: When I came in for a meeting in 2009, Marvel didn’t know if they were going to make the “Guardians” ‘60s-70s version or the 2008 version, so I did a treatment based on these characters in the 60s-70s, then I read the 2008 version and thought it was so much better! But in choosing Gamora and Peter Quill, we don’t have Nova himself or Mantis there’s a bunch of characters from 2008 that I didn’t use.

>https://web.archive.org/web/20140803024807/moviehole.net/201478605nicole-perlman-guardians-of-the-galaxy

>>92305734
Pretty much, he gave him some advice and looked out for him especially since Rich has a tendency to run off and tackle the bad guys all by himself. He also had a tendency to ditch others or move them out of danger and make himself the sole target.
>>
File: 1380264231804.png (321KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1380264231804.png
321KB, 800x500px
>>92295768
>Meme Lord
>People don't realize that he's literally John Kryten with Marvel paint.
>>
>>92305734
>>92305906
Yeah, Pete was cool and all, but you're forgetting who was the original mentor for Rich in Annihilation and god knows Mantis needs a sibling.
>>
>>92305896
Bendis is already butthurt, he had Ganke use the name Ned in his comic as an alias so that would piss him off more.

Loeb confined Sam into TV hell the moment he backed up Ike in the battle against Feige and RDJ when Studios broke with Marvel Entertainment.
>>
>>92296344
Thanos is lookin' mighty thicc there.
By which I mean FAT.
>>
>>92305963
Is not enough.

They need to suffer even more and right now the only guy who can achieve that is Kevin Feige.
>>
File: No homo.jpg (454KB, 1280x1228px) Image search: [Google]
No homo.jpg
454KB, 1280x1228px
>>92305952
That's why I Peter is the older brother and not mentor.

I'd be down for Mentor Drax destroying Rich and rebuilding him into a warrior post Nova corps getting fucked.

>>92306012
He probably will since he doesn't like either of them.

Hell Gunn probably doesn't like Bendis since he was part of the Marvel Comittee and Gunn wasn't very happy with them making him constantly rewrite the Thanos scene in GotG.

Also Gunn didn't touch his GotG comic but he touched Abnett's Guardians 3000 and Guardians of Infinity. Hell he even touched Slott's Silver Surfer and an issue of Humphries' Star-Lord and only because of Rooker Yondu being there (he probably regretted it later).
>>
>>92295906
>I don't blame Bendis or James Gunn. In the end, it's all Axel Alonso's fault
Well played Bendis.
>>
>>92306075
I'm down for anything Drax, really, Dave is doing an awesome work with the character.

I wonder if Cammi will make it into the MCU, considering Gunn's aversion for having another Terran in the team it wouldn't be a bad idea to merge the Cammi character with Moondragon's.
>>
>>92296354
We don't even have raccoons here in the uk
He should be canadian
https://youtube.com/watch?v=4c7m-EhQhFU
>>
File: Toronto raccoon.png (533KB, 608x803px) Image search: [Google]
Toronto raccoon.png
533KB, 608x803px
>>92306229
He should be from Toronto, specifically.
>>
>>92296209
>>92297399

Fucking this. Goddamn Bendis can't even use his imagination to come up with half the charm of the Crisp Rat, and ignores any and all depth and emotion in Gunn's Star Lord.
>>
I've never read the comics, but I think Chris Pratt does a great job with the character!
>>
>>92306075
When Drax was on earth did he ever interact with her??
>>
>>92306937
>Crisp Rat
I'm gonna save this, thanks. Yeah, Bendis, Humphries, most people just don't understand anything about what made the movie work.
>>
>>92295768
>complains about being "stuck" with Best-Lord
Wew lad!
>>
>>92296235
Ronan is such a drama queen, that Peters awkward dance ruins Ronan's big moment.
>>
>>92305393
>If anything Peter should be the guy Rich hangs out with or his bro. Someone he can relate too and have as support, both of them were the only two Terrans in the Annihilation war in the comics

If Rich brings Peter new Earth music to listen to he would win him over pretty fast.
>>
>>92301832
Bendis/Marvel NOW.
>>
>>92302195
Because he wanted to look like a convincing Dad to Peter.
>>
>>92303967
>Peter Quill is the child of a modern Earth woman and a time traveling spaceman

>time traveling space man

Ok this shit sounds cooler than J'Son of Spartax being a dick father who gives Peter daddy issues.

Now that I think about it King Peter in Guardians 3000 was Peter Quill's great grandfather wasn't he? This makes more sense now.
>>
>>92301800
I'd prolly whip my dick out and start jackin it at him.
So yeah, I guess dance off is the non-x-rated equivalent, now that you put it that way.
>>
>>92295768
Blame Gunn pretentious piece of shit bet he haven't even read any issue of guardians
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.