[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce as a dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 15

File: bat22.5.jpg (45KB, 445x393px) Image search: [Google]
bat22.5.jpg
45KB, 445x393px
Alright lets discuss this /co.What do you think about Bruce as a dad. Last weeks Batman and Nightwing got me thinking about it. He seemed pleased to tell his dad about Damian, but over in Nightwing there is clearly a little trouble in paradise with Dick thinking he couldve been a better parent. At least Jason and Bruce are on good terms though.
>>
Damian is fucked will probably grow up to hunt criminals with a machine gun knightmare style.

Also he let jason die
>>
>>92294296
Probably depends on the writer, Nightwing obviously bigs up Dicks relationship with Damian, Lobdell seems to love the idea of the Batfamily. I honestly can't decide what King thinks of them. I wouldn't read anything into it.
>>
>>92294470
>Lobdell

I think he loves Jason's relatinship with Bruce and Tim. Everyone else not to much. King does love the family, but Im not sure how much freedom he has.
>>
>>92294579
>Everyone else not to much
I wouldn't go that far, remember when he wrote Tim and Jason as best friends he was likely the only Robin he could use, as the other two were in a different editorial group.
>>
Bruce is literally cucked by Dick in the father department
>>
>>92294777

That's true. I actually find Dick and Jason's relationship to be very interesting. It's rarely touched but they were brothers first but lots of problems between them. Wish someone would tackle it.
>>
>>92294849

What do you mean?
>>
>>92294777

Tbh he shoulld've left it along. It was terrible since Tim sucked.
>>
File: Nightwing-15.jpg (121KB, 499x482px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing-15.jpg
121KB, 499x482px
>>92295015
Seeley seems willing. It's why we need an All Robin book. I want my brothers on a roadtrip issue DC you sons of bitches!
>>
>>92295170

>Duke gets a solo
>Nightwing Facist mini
> No Robin book

Why does DC hate money?
>>
>>92295170
All-Star Robins by King and Seeley would be pretty great. It's just them all going on a bunch oof goofy over-the-top adventures, helping each other out
>>
>>92295359
Worlds Finest and Teen Titans are both pretty much Damian books
>>
File: onlyoneson.jpg (335KB, 1366x1158px) Image search: [Google]
onlyoneson.jpg
335KB, 1366x1158px
>>
>>92295170

I loved that part where Dick and Jason chat. People called it ooc, but I want more dammit.
>>
>>92295034
Damian likes Dick better than Bruce as a parental figure.
>>
>>92295425
>Jason asks Dick for advice on redheads
>>
>>92295412
Ex and current Robins family book so Dick, Jason, Tim(I guess for the full set) and Damian travelling the world and having adventures.
>>
>>92295034

Dick and Damian would rather have each other as father and son than Bruce
>>
>>92295431

Then why does he do so little to emulate Dick, and so much to emulate Bruce?
>>
>>92294296
Bruce you have four sons and a daughter.
>>
>>92295437
> Jason loses out becaus the red heads want Dick or are lesbians.

Being Jason is suffering
>>
>>92295490

He hasnt adopted Cass in this timeline

>>92295477

He says Batman as an ideal hero but not necessarily an ideal father?
>>
>>92294296
Bruce is a great father that prepares his sons to be the nest humanity has to offer. But he isn't a nice dad, he is an adventurer sure, but outside crazy adventures or movies has trouble connecting with his kids. With Cass and Damian he connects due the mission, they all truly enjoy fighting and training. With dick was adventures, with Tim it was science and detective stuff. With Jason was all about both lacking something.

Bruce is the extremely cold militar styled father that takes his son to a baseball game, no one says I love you or shit like that, but that's what they share. That's Bruce, some kids are fine with that, like Cass or Tim, others grow up bitter and don't understand Bruce, like Jason and dick. But that's it. A strict asshole dad doesn't equal a bad parent, given the context of wanting his kids to lead the justice league and train them to fight meta humans he is great, he is just emotionally retarded, he can show rage easily but struggles with showing love.

But confyfags want everything to be nice and want them eating burgers and shit like that. I'm not pissed about batman having flaws as a parent, he didn't had parents, that's why he act as a teacher, sensei, guide etc. I'm pissed about how we are getting to close to the 90's, the days nightwing was an angsty idiot and bruce was batjerk. I like Dixon but his barfamily was shit and milked the differences too much.
>>
>>92295431
>>92295460

The best part is all the people salty about that issue and saying it contradicts Tomasi Batman and Robin. Tomasi who did'nt focus on Dick and Damian and even has Damian kinda cold towards Bruce in Supersons
>>
>>92295549
I agree with you on the agnsty stuff being shit, but 1 thing I think that doesnt have to be is Damian viewing both Dick and Bruce as parental figues. I mean Dick raised the kid for a year and his differences from Bruce are what the kid needs.
>>
>>92295477
Ignore dickfags, they are retarded. It's simple, little brothers usually like their big brothers in college more that the strict parents, they are fun. And big brothers hate when dad is mean to the little ones.

That's all. Those faggots are reading too much into a extremely normal situation. Damian knows he has the physical potential and right background to be better than the rest of the bat family, we know he will eventually grow up Into batman 666/heretic size. Dick wants Damian to be a happy leader of the titans while Bruce wants Damian to be the leader of the whole superhero community and his mother wants him to rule the world. Of. Course Dick is more fun.
>>
>>92295422
How did they not die from this?
>>
>>92295809

Thats what everyone wants to know. The transition was super jarring.
>>
>>92295809
Excellent timing on Banes part? I like to assume he's stealthily escaping through the shadows while Bruce stands and watches his kids choke out and Alfred just facepalms.
>>
>>92295422
>he hanged my son

Yeah Bruce is a shit father to the point where he sees Damian as his only son (despite canonically adopting Jason) and yet seems to ignore him completely most of the time anyway. Dick is a better father to Damian at this point.
>>
>>92295720

lol how can anyone say Bruce is a good Dad to Damian currently? Its not only about fun.
>>
>>92295490
Bruce doesn't care about any of them besides Damian.
>>
>>92295720
I'm sorry, it's canon. Damian sees Dick as a father and Dick also sees him as a son and wanted to adopt him.
>>
>>92294296
The entire Batfamily was a mistake. The best stories have Batman as a loner, with only Alfred on his side. Prove me wrong.
Protip: you can't.
>>
Lets say hypothetically bruce has a actual baby, would he conceal everything from him or bring him into the fight.
Lets say he cant adopt him out either, hes stuck with him or her
>>
>>92294296
Depends on the writer.
>>
>>92298138
I can since the Batfamily are the only B listers DC has that still sell well at this stage.
>>
File: simpson 2.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
simpson 2.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
>>92294296
Wouldn't it be complicated for Bruce to explain his adopted kids to his dad under a limited amount of time?
>Hey Dad, I have three adopted kids, one of which is dead, one biological son, a black kids that follows me around, and two street girls that hang out not he bat cave form time to time. All these kids just happen to have adopted the vigilante mantles you so never wanted me to have.
I think it was a smart move to just mention Damian.
>>
>>92298359
He could just say "I have children". Or even just "I have a family".
>>
>>92295431
This isn't really true. In Morrison's run the whole dynamic was that Damian considered Grayson a partner and that they worked best when Dick wasn't trying to act like a parental figure Batman.
>>
>>92298359
>Hey Dad, I have three adopted kids, one of which is dead, one biological son, a black kids that follows me around, and two street girls that hang out not he bat cave form time to time. All these kids just happen to have adopted the vigilante mantles you so never wanted me to have.

Also all of them have died and come back to life, except the one who is currently dead... The black one hasn't died yet but I've only known him for about a year. I am a good legal guardian.
>>
>>92295809
Because King is a hack when it comes to writing Batman.
>>
>>92298138
Incorporated is my favorite Batman story. So... fuck you I guess.
>>
>>92298473
>I am a good legal guardian.
>Hey Dad did I ever tell you about the time where I kidnapped my kids in put them in cryogenic tube in Superman's house to protect them from a big guy who wears a mask?
>>
>>92298359
Why would you give a shit if your son adopted someone? Damian is the biological descendant.
>>
>>92298863
Why would you care about your son getting date raped and the crazy woman growing a test tube baby along with countless clones?
>>
>>92294296
I wish Bruce had found out that this Thomas was a ruthless crime boss. The drama from that would have been tight
>>
>>92295422
In King's defense, I read it as referring to Dick.
>>
>>92295398
>Tie-Up whatever Spyral plotlines Seeking still have in their heads.
>>
>>92298473
What part of low on time did you not get?
>>
File: bait01.png (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait01.png
10KB, 224x225px
>>92294347
>Also he let jason die
>>
>>92304269
I mean it's at least contributory negligence on his part.
>>
I don't like Batman with kids. Dick should take Damian so he can fuck off in Nightwing and we never have to worry about him again.
>>
>>92295720
In one of the most recent issues of Nightwing Damian literally said he'd prefer Dick as a father and thought at one point that Dick was 'replacing him' by having a child with his gf and Dick said that he thinks he's a better father than Bruce. Damian has said more than once that he thinks Bruce is a shit dad. Have you read anything aside from Tomasi's/Morrison's runs?
>>
File: dead man's grin.png (76KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
dead man's grin.png
76KB, 198x198px
>>92294296
>Thomas would rather die again then spend time with his son and grandson.
>>
>>92307278
>Bruce is a shit dad
That isn't exactly wrong though. Bruce basically forced his adopted children into a life of crime fighting.
>>
>Grandpa Wayne hangs around Smallville being the Country Doctor. Still gets wrapped into mystery Solving.

I would read such a book.
>>
>>92307369
Another missed opportunity for DC the House of Missing Ideas.
>>
>>92307351
I genuinely want Damian to choose to be a normal kid/person instead of a crimefighter, even more than I want it for Tim.

Before I started liking Damian I used to argue with others that his existence was pointless and it was going to downplay the importance of Bruce's bond with his adoptive kids (which is has, to an extent...but eh) and people would tell me that it was an interesting and important bit of growth for Bruce's character for him to have a kid.

But... wouldn't it have been better for Bruce to have a kid he tries to protect from Batman related stuff and a kid he tries his hardest to be a normal dad for and makes him debate whether he should still keep being Batman or move on because he has (blood) family now like Thomas wants him to? That would've been character growth, not just letting him be another Robin and letting him wallow in his issues and his past like his father.
>>
File: 1493700178.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1493700178.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>92307278
>In one of the most recent issues

ayy lmaooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKvY38dT1I
>>
>>92295431
I had to read this twice to understand what you meant
Thought Damien was in a X-23 financial situation
>>
>>92295422
I still don't get why Bane wouldn't killed them
>>
>>92307369
I'm all for him being a JSA member, at least temporarily like Kingdom Come Supes.
>>
>>92308112
Because, despite how poorly he was written in that arc, Bane doesn't like to kill kids and the hopeless.

Now that I think about it, Bane gone good and Damian bonding could be a cool thing.
>>
>>92294296
If Batman were a story, like a real story and not a comic book series that goes from writer to writer, event to event, always coming back to the status quo or whatnot, I feel like Bruce would generally improve as he goes on.

First he has Dick. And, you know, Dick's a swell kid so Bruce didn't really have to do as much. So then he takes in Jason and gets kind of cocky and fucks up badly. And he learns humility so when he deals with Tim and Cass, he's hesitant at first, but slowly he builds on what he's learned in the past and ends up a better father figure to them. So by the time he gets to Damian, I feel like he's at least a far better dad than he was with Dick, because he's mentored half a dozen kids by this point.

If Bruce were truly allowed to develop as a character over the course of a story, I'd imagine that that's how it would go. But he's not. The Batman isn't allowed to improve or become a better person. He's not allowed to learn from his experiences and grow as a human being. The Batman cannot be anything more or less than what he's been before.
>>
>>92295549
>asshole dad doesn't equal a bad parent
I don't know, there is a lot of child endangerment. He is a complete madman who copes for the death of his parents in the most retarded way and drags other orphans into it.
I love reading Batman stories, but let's not pretend he is sound of mind or heart.
>>
File: 1463007939558.jpg (143KB, 1280x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1463007939558.jpg
143KB, 1280x1082px
>>92295422
>stay away from comics and /co/ for six months
>come back
>see this
There are so many wrong things with this image. I should have stayed away.
>>
>>92308841
Dick and Jason are adults.
>>
>>92295871
The way the next comic started didnt even make sense. All of a sudden they were a-ok in stasis in Superman's fortress? No explanation or anything? It was just a wild jump into the next scene.
>>
>>92294296
You know people are probably gonna write smut with those two right
>>
>>92298399
I wasn't triggered by this page, but I have to say that it would have been much better if he said "I have a family" and probably would make about Thomas happy to hear that.
>>
>>92299799
Is he from the same universe as priest Jason or yet another one?
>>
>>92312681
i have a family' implying that he have wife
>>
>>92295034
Nothing, he's memeing.
>>
>>92312747
He is.

>>92311245
It was indeed a bad page. We actually thought it was dummies before King confirmed that it wasn't.
>>
>>92312747

Priest Jason was best Jason. Also Dick being damians better dad is nothing new or shocking. Bruce and Damian only worked in their own book anyway.
>>
>>92295398
>All-Star Robins by King and Seeley would be pretty great. It's just them all going on a bunch oof goofy over-the-top adventures, helping each other out
FUCK I need this
>>
>>92295477
>Leading the Teen Titans
>Not emulating Dick
Just because Damian thinks of Bruce as the greatest hero doesn't mean he thinks of him as a father
>>
>>92298138
You father not cumming into a tissue was a mistake too. Prove me wrong!
>>
>>92298138

The family has exsisted almost as long as Batman has. like maybe 1 year or so difference.
>>
>>92312915
He is leading the TT because of Bruce, not because he was trying to be like Dick.
>>
>>92312975

Either way you don't have to emulate someone to view them as a father figure. Damian can emulate Bruce and still view Dick as a father.
>>
>>92312915
>doesn't mean he thinks of him as a father
He literally calls him father. You need to get back to tumblr.
>>
How salty would Talia be to find out about Dick and Damian?
>>
> People are too dumb to get that Damian likes different parts of Dick and Bruce and views them both as father/ father figures

Guys cmon
>>
>>92307278
>Have you read anything aside from Tomasi's/Morrison's runs?

The Morrison/Tomasi stuff is going to be a hell of a lot more significant to Damian's existance than what's going on right now.
>>
>>92313004
Damian is still think of Bruce as father.

It's Dick who thinks of Damian as son, but Damian doesn’t.
>>
>>92295425
People call it OOC?

With how much Jason has been on a course of getting over all his shit, the idea of him and Dick being able to converse doesn't seem so farfetched to me.
>>
>>92312960

Hell Dick's been around longer than Alfred
>>
>>92313086

I think he does actually. He wouldnt be worried about Dicks new kid replacing him if he did'nt. Thats a very specific concern.
>>92313089
I think people wanted to see the development of Dick and Jason's relationship to that pint. I mean they never had casual conversation before that moment.
>>
>>92313086

Nah, I think this arc made it clear that its mutual. What bugs me is that Bruce doesnt know. I think he'd be hurt by their thoughts on him as a father.
>>
>>92313089
There are still some people who want Jason to be a villain or edgier. Not particularly surprising.
>>
>>92309029
Reminds me of some developmental psych theory shit with certain kids just geared towards success and require little coddelling
Orchards and lilies or some shit
Basically Dick was a kid who was goung to be okay regardless and Jason needed more care
>>
>>92313089

Some people legit don't like Jason being funny or goofy. They think he should be the serious straight man, But that only happened in the Outlaws because Roy was the goofy one and Kory was strange. In the new version its Bizzaro being himself or the tone. They don't get that people act differently when around family or in a non stressful situation. So Tim ( or Duke) & Bruce I guess) is the straight serious one and the rest are goofy in the Batfamily. But some people dont get that and complain about the Burger scene or Jason talking to Dick about girls.
>>
>>92313290

Understanding emotion is hard for some people. Also only Lobdell is canon as well for others.
>>
>>92313128
It's Damian and he used to have all of Dick's attention and was afraid that a kid would change that, not because he see him as a father.
>>
>>92313290
>people act differently when around family
This can't be stressed enough
>>
>>92313411

Maybe people on tumblr dont interact with their family or people outside of the website. It would explain alot.
>>
>>92313353

But he ahs his own fathers attention and Dicks been gone for a long time? Why would he care about it. He did'nt throw a fit for Duke, but one for a baby?
>>
>>92313290
Looking back on it, I think Roy and Jason had a pretty equal relationship compared to Dick and Jason. Like I never thought that Dick respected Roy and Jason does.
>>
>>92313471
>his own fathers attention
He doesn't have his father's attention. This is the whole issue and why he's attached to Dick.
>>
>>92313588
As someone who prefers Bruce/Damian over Dick/Damian and loved Batman & Robin, this irks me. All that devlopment thrown out for agnst.
>>
>>92313671

Honest question but why do you like Bruce and Damian? I legit fail to see how they compliment each other.
>>
>>92313290
I agree with you that some don't understand that people act differently in different situations, but Jason does act like a total goofball and lose some brain cells when he appear in the bat books which is the complete opposite of how he's in his own book and pretty much everywhere else.

I liked the moment between Jason and Dick in NW, but I can't deny that it was ooc moment and that Jason would never care about Dick's love life.
>>
>>92298138
Bruce is the least interesting character of the bat-mythos, second only to Tim
>>
File: IMG_0813.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>92295422
>>
>>92313290
But Jason IS a goofy edgy fuck (I loved that thread where anons found out he is a qtp who drops his spaghetti in romantic situations)
The people that bitch want no fun allowed grimdark Jason
>>
>>92314141

To be fair everyone loses Brain cells in the batbook. Theres an aversion to anyone beig n as serious as Bruce
>>
>>92313179
He doesn't deserve to feel hurt by it. It's not his fault he was dead and someone else needed to be there, but he did reject Damian before that anyway. Fuck Bruce.
>>
File: B and R Hugs.jpg (778KB, 2736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B and R Hugs.jpg
778KB, 2736x1024px
>>92294296
He is just unhealthily unable to express his emotions in any form other than acting them as his "playboy" persona, or with slaps and punches in every other context. As a young person growing up and looking for reassurance and guidance, exclusively being given guidance by a brick wall can absolutely be disheartening and leave a feeling of an incomplete experience. Bruce clearly loves the boys though, particularly Damian. He is just dogshit at conveying that love to them.
>>
>>92314277
I agree. Wanting grim drak Jason is dumb. Him being goofy shows character growth.
>>
>>92314513

Looking at this reminds me that Dick and Tim don't usually get hugs. Why does Bruce hate them so much?
>>
>>92314281
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I still can't believe that Jason and Dick would be dumb enough to go after Bane and get themselves almost killed.
>>
>>92314403

Yep. People forget that Bruce only wanted Dimian after Dick did all the hard work.
>>
>>92314604
Tim got one hug in his own book and then was immediately scolded for not killing a guy.
>>
>>92314513
It's funny how all these hugs are from Tomosi who doesn't care about their relationship now.
>>
>>92314604
Woops
>>92314622
was meant for
>>92314569
>>
>>92314637

I remember people were mad that Tomasi dumped on dick and Damian's relationship. Now they are mad about Damian and Bruce while Dick and Damian have returned. There is no winning.
>>
>>92311165
It's not child endangerment, it's supervision.

If it weren't for Bruce, Damian would be out on the streets fighting adults anyway only he'd be by himself killing people until he gets in over his head and picks a fight with something he can't beat. There is no version of the kid's life where he stays at home like a minor is supposed to.
>>
>>92314688
I'm honestly not mad because Bruce and Damian relationship was so melodramatic and angsty. It doesn't help that he hardly cared outside BR.

Damian and Dick was at least more natural and fun.
>>
>>92314637
>Tomosi who doesn't care about their relationship now.
How do you figure that? The emphasis has shifted from Batfamily to Superfamily, but Bruce and Damian's relationship was always different from a more traditional one like Clark and Jon have.
>>
>>92314753
Agreed. I don't know why people would prefer Bruce and Damian angst hour over Dick and Damian.
>>
>>92314688
How did Tomasi dump on Dick and Damian. I dont remember that.
>>
>>92314760
The fact that he has Damian call his own father by his name and both seems quite distance is what give me the impression.
>>
File: Nightwing 020-019.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing 020-019.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92314808
>>
>>92314833
*seems distant
>>
>>92314808
There's a brief hope somewhere they can find a common ground for something sweet that isn't serious. Just Bruce taking time out of his day to hang out with Damian, bonding over any inane thing. It won't happen, but there's always a hope.
>>
>>92314831
It was mostly dumping by exclusion, pretended like Dick didn't matter at all and that Bruce was super important just because of DNA
>>
>>92314853

Yep. Look at that fun and mutual respect. Damian and Bruce were a dour duo.
>>
>>92314868

I think thats especially difficult because Bruce doesnt take enough timeout to be a father like Thomas suggests. He and Damian will never bond that way and the kid may have given up on it and replaced those moments with Dick instead.
>>
>>92314808
Honestly it's mostly just people who don't understand that Damian was created literally to be a foil to Dick and isn't supposed to work with Bruce. And I guess people who disregard how Damian would feel in the situation because they care more about how Bruce feels about having a son (while of course ignoring the children he chose to take in, because muh dna I guess).
>>
>>92314833

To be fair Damian is getting older and has left the house already so thats not a surprise.
>>
>>92314921

Im actually glad they are being separated more because now Damian can hang with people he bounces off with better like Jon, Dick, and the Titans.
>>
>>92314905
Oh I know it's not going to happen, all that stopped with Dick. Jason barely got much, Tim got survivors guilt, Stephanie got it worst since he was actively against her, and then Damian has what is basically a culmination of a past that didn't necessarily happen. But still there's a brief hope.
>>
>>92314921
>Honestly it's mostly just people who don't understand that Damian was created literally to be a foil to Dick
This literally not true. He wasn't created for Dick and Morrison just had them work together because Bruce was "dead". It wasn't something he was planning for.
>>
>>92314872
Oh yeah that does suck. I mostly gave it a pass though because the book was suppose to focus on their budding relationship which was just truly starting. Dick wouldve taken away from that.
>>
>>92314833
>>92314858
Here is what I would say. When New 52 BaR began, Damian was taken back to square one in terms of his relationship with Bruce. Over the course of all the series featuring them written by Tomasi, they became much closer.

Now compared to other relationships they are still distant, but they are both damanged individuals lacking familiarity with emotional expression, a willingness to allow themselves to be emotionally vulnerable to another person, who will always prefer to fucntion as an individual moreso than part of a relationship with emotional attachment. Judged by any objective metric, they have no fucking relationship, but focusing on where they were compared t where they are, the distance between them has been shrunk.

Now when that is held up against Clark and Jon who are emotionally available to one another, and unrepentant love one another, care for one another and would do whatever they could to help one another, Bruce and Damian may come off like Tomasi doesn't care about them, but I doubt the duo he spent half a decade writing and developing could so easily be dismissed by him. They simply look that way because of who the medium contrasts them with.
>>
>>92314990
Jason got a lot of bonding moments actually. He was even more of a son that Dick. I say its his death that stopped them.
>>
>>92314990
>Jason barely got much,
He actually got it the most.

Tim and Stephanie aren't his kids and he isn't responsible for them.
>>
>>92314998
Really? That worked out surprisingly well then.
>>
>>92315034

This is all true. Heck you can just look at the contrast between Dick and Damian and Bruce and Damian to see a similar contrast. That's just the nature of their relationship.
>>
>>92315034
>he spent half a decade writing and developing
Anon, he literally spent one year before Damian was killed off and then the book got canceled shortly after he came back. It's hardly "half a decade".
>>
>>92315014
The biggest problem to me is that Dick almost has to be a central feature of their feature so leaving him out seems too glaring. Like you're not fostering true growth in their relationship if you don't acknowledge that Damian had someone else being a proper parent to him at one point.

I know they mostly did it because of the new 52 starting and not even necessarily wanting to make a big deal about Dick having been Batman in the new timeline because it would be confusing for normies. Don't know how much was really Tomasi there.
>>
>>92315132
New 52 began in 2011. Tomasi wrote all of BaR. When Damian died, his absence was felt and Bruce was written coping with it, up to his resurrection. After that, Tomasi went on to write Robin: SoB, which further explored a mirror of Damian's absence with Damian coping with the consequences of post-Endgame Bruce through his coming back to the cowl. That all continued until Rebirth where Tomasi took over the Superfamily as well as Super Sons last year in Rebirth, where he is still writing Batman and Robin, so yeah. I stand by half a decade.
>>
>>92298657
>Tell me about this big guy, Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>92315140
central feature of their conflict*

whoops
>>
>>92294296
Fuck is Terry still a thing?
>>
>>92315140
This. Editorial or Tomasi really screwed the pooch by ignoring how important Dick was to Damian's growth and this stuff about Dick wanting to keep him shouldve been part of the conflict in Batman and Robin. Dick is essential to Damians growth imo.
>>
>>92315287
There's a Batman Beyond book that is set in an alternate future of the main universe. Spun out of Futures End I think?
>>
>>92315214
How the heck are you counting Bruce spending half the book mourning him as bonding? And it's still not a half a decade.
>>
>>92315214
Are you seriously counting Bruce and Damian just standing together as bonding?
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x361px
>>92315037
>tfw if you didn't die you'd be daddies favourite
>>
What would the batfam, other then bruce and dick have as day jobs if it came to a modern day batfam book?
>>
>>92315640
Robin slapping Batman is CUTE!
>>
>>92315640
>implying that he isn't
Come on, anon.
>>
>>92315413
>it's still not a half a decade.
2016-2011=5
A decade is 10 years
10/2=5
Lrn2Math

>How the heck are you counting Bruce spending half the book mourning him as bonding?
Where did I say bonding? I said he developed the relationship. Starting from two people who can't stand one another to people who despite being distant care about one another and learn to value each other, and demonstrating the development of that relationship via the morning process, especially Bruce being shown going through the 5 stages of grief shows something that now exists that hadn't when he started. Now is 100 percent of BaR dedicated to the development of that relationship? Possibly not, but of the 20 issues of it that Damian was dead, the first arc of those issue featured Bruce coming to terms with the loss, and the last of them feature him doing everything he can including going against Darkseid himself to bring him back. Those actions demonstrate an emotional connection that wasn't there at issue 1.
>>92315479
Maybe read the books. They do more than just stand there.
>>
>>92313072
Dick is more like his older brother.
>>
File: 1464996253030.png (492KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464996253030.png
492KB, 800x800px
>>92315914
>being in this much denial
Just accept you can have more than one father figure
>>
>>92315914
>Dick and Damian canonically think of each other as father and son

>"t-they're just brothers guys"

k
>>
>>92314610
>Yep. People forget that Bruce only wanted Dimian after Dick did all the hard work.
that's true in Bruce Wayne: The Road Home
He was jealous because dick has made damian a good person..Batman thought it was impossible..
THE BAT SIGNAL: Fabian Nicieza
Well, I want to break it down myself and talk about each of the titles you wrote, beginning with “Batman & Robin,” which as you mention, starts the whole event. What can you say about Bruce’s reaction to Damian being Robin and his thoughts on how Dick has been shepherding him?

Without giving too much away, Bruce’s narrative in the story is about him coming to a sense of conclusion about how he feels about watching them in action. I don’t want to give too much away about how he feels, because that’s the emotional flow of the story, but I can say that you can imagine he might feel tremendous pride at what Dick has been able to accomplish, and possibly even a little bit of insecurity or jealousy that maybe it’s been done far more easily than Bruce expected.
>>
>>92315914
Might want to read the last Nightwing arc buddy
>>
>>92294347
Didn't we kill Jason?
>>
>>92298516
This.
>>
He's however good a Dad as the writer currently using him decides.

In generaly, Bruce is an okay guardian, but he always puts the cause ahead of his personal connections.

Bruce loves his charges until they decide they don't want to be brooding loners who do nothing but fight crime, then he puts them at a distance.

That's why he's closest to Damian and Cassandra, and even Damian is moving away from his influence and getting actual friends.
>>
Damian can have two dads.
>>
File: 100% Supportive.jpg (87KB, 413x640px) Image search: [Google]
100% Supportive.jpg
87KB, 413x640px
>>92316433
What about that time Tim became exactly the broody loner who does nothing but fight crime and Bruce pushed further away?
>>
>>92316507
Brucefags can't accept this. They are so hilariously threatened by Dick.
>>
>>92316574
>They are so hilariously threatened by Dick
My God, Dick fanboys are truly so delusional.

And I actually want to Damian to stay far away from Bruce and I wish that he never existed.
>>
>>92316685
>My God, Dick fanboys are truly so delusional
What did you expect from them after they declared that Dick is the most popular character after Superman and Batman?
>>
>>92316685
>And I actually want to Damian to stay far away from Bruce and I wish that he never existed.
Timfag.pls.
>>
>>92316724
Wait, are you serious? Lmao.
>>
>>92316075
He was suprised, but he wasn't jealous or insecure about it.

Damian was literally forced on Bruce and he didn't know what do with him. At some point, he was actually willing to give him up to Taila.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.