[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats luke cages drawback? Seems like invincibility and super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: LukeCage.png (211KB, 414x640px) Image search: [Google]
LukeCage.png
211KB, 414x640px
Whats luke cages drawback? Seems like invincibility and super strength is pretty mary sueish, I mean every hero should have some sort of drawback, whats his?
>>
>>92287135
Onky his skin is hard

Impact damage will fuck him up like a normal person
>>
>>92287135
The Police
>>
>>92287135
He's not THAT strong, and he's not THAT tough, even for a street-level hero. And >>92287154 has the right idea.
>>
>>92287135
It's not like he's invincible or even THAT strong. He's like below the Thing in terms of strength.
>>
>>92287135
> invincibility and super strength is pretty mary sueish
Do you even read comics? That's like one of the most common super power.
>>
>>92287135
>Whats luke cages drawback?
HE'S BLACK.
IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?
>>
His strength is pretty low level. He can do some damage, sure, but can't do shit like throw cars and pry open vault doors or anything.

His invincibility is only surface level. He's still susceptible to internal injuries and being knocked unconscious. You just can't break his skin.
>>
Enhanced strength and unbreakable skin only go so far without flying to back it up.
>>
File: 1491151769726.jpg (45KB, 711x273px) Image search: [Google]
1491151769726.jpg
45KB, 711x273px
>>92287248
Yes
>>
>>92287135
Any real damage he gets is particularly disastrous.
In the show, he gets shot with some explosive drilling bullets made of an alien metal. He gets two in him and his body won't push them, or the shrapnel, out.
He has to get repeatedly dunked in boiling hot acid just to soften his flesh up enough, just so they could get all the pieces out. It's INCREDIBLY not fun.
Not sure if he has too many of these experiences in the comics, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.