[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: Fascist Nightwing.jpg (130KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
Fascist Nightwing.jpg
130KB, 600x911px
Where were you when Nightwing got the best miniseries of all time, /co/?

>Fascist Nightwing >>>> Commie Superman
>>
>>92279686
>Fascist Nightwing >>>> Captain Hydra
>>
>>92279686
>>92279705
What's so good about fascist nightwing? Isn't that a little low-concept? He isn't a particularly idealistic character afaik
>>
>>92279686
If this is good, I could see it getting a DC Animated Original Movie at some point.

Isn't Red Son supposed to get one?

If the DCEU winds up flopping, DC should just start doing alternate universe shit like Red Son, The Dark Knight Returns, and this.

Easy, R-Rated ,one-off edgy films that can do what Logan did.
>>
is there a preview of this?
>>
>>92279745
Yeah he is.

Dick Grayson is the heart and soul of DC. He's DC's "First Kid" who was raised by Batman but admired Superman so much he named his alias after a Kryptonian hero.

He's Batman, but with way more belief in the human spirit and the goodness of people.

It'll be interesting to see his decline into hating metahumans.
>>
>>92279819
I could see it playing out like this:

>Batman's worst nightmare happens
>JL turn bad
>Batman dies trying to use Tower of Babel plans to stop JL
>Nightwing does it instead
>Batman killed by Metahumans
>A lot of civilian deaths too
>Decides metahumans have too much power to be trusted, whereas Batman could never have caused that much destruction but still handles villains

makes some sense when you think about it.
>>
>>92279819
>Dick Grayson is the heart and soul of DC

I don't read enough comics with him to argue this point but that seems like a bit of an overstatement

>named his alias after a Kryptonian hero

"Nightwing" was the name of a Kryptonian hero?

>He's Batman, but with way more belief in the human spirit and the goodness of people.

That's cool, i'll have to check this one out
>>
>>92279881
Yeah, the Bat-family can handle some formidable villains.

I wonder how the Green Lanterns will play into it, since they wield incredible power but are still humans.
>>
>>92279906
it's a kryptonian bird
>>
>>92279935
>>92279906
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightwing

>The original Nightwing in DC Comics was an identity assumed by alien superhero Superman when stranded on the Kryptonian city of Kandor with his pal Jimmy Olsen.
>>
Inb4 Sjws Go NAZI NIGHTWing fuck dc Reeee... Oh wait they already have fucking stupid retards
>>
>>92279906
>That's cool, i'll have to check this one out

Sarcasm aside, that's a large part of the intrigue to Dick become a fascist, anti-Metahuman leader.

It's like if Luke Skywalker became evil.
>>
>>92279686
That's beautiful art, damn.

I want a poster of that.
>>
Dick's must really be A list now, 2nd stringers don't get bad future minis like this.

What makes it really weird though is it's a bad future where Bruce probably dies so Dick can angst instead of the other way around
>>
>>92280035
Yeah, I'm guessing Bruce's death is what sends Dick over the edge.

Those Nazi-Stormtroopers with bat ears are probably a tribute to Bats.
>>
>>92279778
>Isn't Red Son supposed to get one?

No news about it. It doesn't seem like they're doing one anytime soon.
>>
>>92279819
>He's Batman, but with way more belief in the human spirit and the goodness of people.

so Batman? what kind of comics do you read where Batman doesn't have faith in normal people
>>
>>92279686
>Kyle Higgins
Pass
>>
>Check twitter and tumblr
>People are overreacting to this
>A good number of them are TT cartoonfags
kek
>>
>>92279788
http://screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/#gallery=1
>>
>our heroes are human
>still naming himself after an alien bird

nightwing truly is for stupid fags
>>
>>92279686

DC picked a bad time to roll this one out
>>
>>92279686
This would be a fantastic mini if it had the orginal Grayson team of King/Seeley. Imagine all the cool spy shit that could have went down here. Higgins on the other hand doesn't pack much punch, but I'll definitely still be checking this out. Nightwing taking down metas is always good.
>>
>>92280503
>People are calling it Hydra Cap 2.0
>When it's not even a canon storyline
>Even when they find that out they're still mad because "Romanians can't be fascists" and that Nightwing killed people for the movement even though Higgins confirmed this isn't the case

It's fucking obvious that the story will be about Dick realizing he was being dick about the movement he thought was going to be for the good
>>
In TT and Titans they always pull the "you are just like Batman!" or the "your biggest fear is becoming like Batman!" card so I guess this comic is where it happens since to most Nightwing fans Batman is a pseudo Rorschach with fascist tendencies
>>
What the hell.
>>
>>92280373
Dick's kid has energy around his hands... So after all that shit he's still banging Starfire. Never change Dick.
>>
>>92279686
What's with all the dick pandering DC is doing?
This mini doesn't make sense either, Jason should have been the one in it, it would make more sene and for a more interesting story than "le saint Dick is bad now" meme
>>
>>92280847
This

This is stupid. Doing some sort of spin in a character is nice and all, but that is going against his character. No wonder it looks just like Hail Hydra
>>
>>92280711
>Starfire and Nightwing are a couple again
>But only on bad-end Earth

This is like when Renee and Kate were married in Injustice and Kate fucking dies.
>>
>>92279819

>Dick Grayson is the heart and soul of DC

That's Superman. I mean really, when people think "DC Comics" they don't fucking think "Nightwing". They think Superman or Batman.
>>
>>92281121
Dick literally had a issue where they stated that no matter the universe Dick's friendship and being loved by everyone is a constant

He is the nice side of DC and the embodiment of everything nice and good
>>
>>92281159

>Dick literally had a issue where they stated that no matter the universe Dick's friendship and being loved by everyone is a constant

I'm pretty sure that was Johns. And we all know how much he promises vs what is actually true. Think about all the alternate universe Dick Graysons we have seen. Deathwing. TDKSA Dick. Nine Lives, etc etc...

>He is the nice side of DC and the embodiment of everything nice and good

Like I said, that's Superman.
>>
>>92279686
>Rightwing
>>
>>92280847
>Jason should have been the one in it

But Jason doing this is the most predictable thing in the world. It's much more interesting to see someone like Dick turn this way.

Plus, Dick has WAY more charisma. It'll be a cold day in hell when Jason has the leadership to become the face of a nation.
>>
>>92281384
I support this nickname.
>>
>>92282408
t. Dickfag

go jerk off to some gay stuff
>>
>>92279819
>but with way more belief in the human spirit and the goodness of people.

so he's retarded?
>>
>>92282467
No I did that earlier, sorry
>>
Higgins is a mediocre writer at best so the best we can hope for is middling.

But the concept is so out there and against his actual character that it'll be awful because Higgins doesn't have what it takes to make a shit idea good.
>>
>>92282863
He was.

Then he became Rightwing.
>>
>>92280545
They even said as much in the announcement, didn't they? That it would be about Dick learning he was wrong and setting things right.
>>
>>92283560
More or less.
>But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.
>>
Can't wait for the storytime
>>
>>92279906
He USED to be the heart and soul of the DCU back when the Titans were relevant and Dick was the most important person to Batman, and while he sort fell from importance as the Titans brand waned, he somewhat regained that when he was Batman until Flashpoint and the New 52 took that away. Now he's just their vehicle to get easy sales in his solo which sells pretty well, crossover appearances in Batman, and obviously to promote the new Titans book.

Of course, I'd argue Dick was the Heart and Wally was the Soul of the DCU, but I'll save that for another time.

Still, he's getting pushed with his very first Elseworlds story, a DCEU movie in the works, a a live-action Titans TV series, so maybe he'll be allowed to be important again.
>>
>>92280847

I'd much rather see Dick go evil and Jason try and redeem himself by stopping him
>>
>>92280228
nowhere near as much as Dick
>>
>>92282467
>>92285125
>>92280847
You Jason-edgefags need to cut your dicks off
>>
>>92285632
you first dickfag, go back crying about Batman as usual
>>
>>92285632

Lol Im a Dickfag though, just think if you're going to do an non-canon elseworlds you should commit to changing the character more
>>
>>92279819
>Dick Grayson is the heart and soul of DC.
Kyle Higgins? How long have you been posting here?
>>
>>92280847

I want to see Jason actually help Dick see the error of his ways. Would be a neat difference between the 2.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.