[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are superpowers based on the moon so inconsistent, unlike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_20603-th941401073.jpg (8KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20603-th941401073.jpg
8KB, 288x216px
Why are superpowers based on the moon so inconsistent, unlike superpowers based around the sun?
>>
>>92258850
What exactly are you talking about?
>>
The moon is inconsistent. Without looking it up, do you even know what phase the moon is in today?
>>
>>92258901
something bit more than half, waxing.

now to google...full tonight. well shit I am technically right.
>>
>>92258901
Full. I see the moon almost every morning on my way to work.
>>
>>92258850
IT'S BECAUSE OF PERIODS
>>
'Cause the Moon is just a fucking rock that reflects sunlight of it.
>>
>>92259041
Tell that to Moon Knight...
>>
>>92258850
Basic observation and astronomy will give you the answer you genuine autist.
>>
>>92258850
The Sun is bright and powerful, whereas the moon is pale and transitory.
>>
>>92258850
The moon means a lot of different things to a lot of different cultures, and so there are a lot of different ways to interpret it.

The sun plays an important role in life, and so it tends to be looked at similarly throughout cultures. Sure, it can be considered blisteringly hot for Egyptians or just a warming mother for Japanese, but overall it stays the same and tends to represent the same things for everyone: light, warmth, life. The moon isn't really necessary, it goes through a lot of strange changes during its cycle, and its affect on the world depends a lot on how the culture looks at it. Hunters might look at the moon as a method of revealing paths or animals during the night, while farmers would look at it as a calendar changing seasons and some cultures looked at its phases as the changes a woman goes through each month. As such, there are a lot of different interpretations - from water and the tides, to illusions, to divinations, to calendars, to shadows and death - which the moon can represent. And as such, superpowers "inspired" by the moon can be such a wide variety as well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.