[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides this 2, which are the best comic writers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: alan-moore-frank-miller.png (345KB, 648x365px) Image search: [Google]
alan-moore-frank-miller.png
345KB, 648x365px
>>
It is these two. Grant Morrison.
>>
A guy who looks just like Alan Moore is a regular at the coffee shop I work at and I still kinda think it might be him but there's no way to ask.
>>
>>92239235
tons of manga writers are equal or better
don rosa is equal
carl barks was equal or better
chaykin in his day was close to their level
>>
Rene Goscinny
>>
I'm a big fan of Pat Mills and Peter Milligan
>>
>>92239335
Do you live near Northamptonshire?
>>
>>92239335
he lives in Northampton, if that helps narrow it down
>>
>>92239335
>>92240410
>>92240420
don't fucking approach him if it is him

he REALLY hates dealing with people in public
>>
>>92239235
Neil Gailman?
MaurĂ­cio de Souza?
>>
Warren Ellis
>>
Rick Remender
>>
File: 12312312313.jpg (5KB, 176x216px) Image search: [Google]
12312312313.jpg
5KB, 176x216px
>>92239235
Garth Ennis.

No, seriously.

He has the mind for outlandish concepts that were originally to occupy the comic book format, think Adult/offensive [see also Edgy] Silver age storylines.
He has great communication with his illustrators, so that the action is conveyed exactly how he wants; Dillon, Esquerra, Parlov.

He has brought a lot of original content, but is also great with existing products. His work on Punisher Max 1-60, the end, the tyger, born, the cell are all prime examples of understanding a character and building upon it.
>>
>>92239235
Alan Moore hasn't written a good comic in years
>>
Joe Kelly
>>
>>92239235
Dave Sim
Grant Morrison
>>
>>92243645
50% of the time he's mediocre
25% of the time he's one of the worst writers ever
25% of the time he's one of the best writers ever
>>
>>92240763
That's not what I've seen in the videos that show him dealing with people in public.
>>
>>92244035
is Ennis really Mark Millar
>>
Off the top of my head:
Gaiman
O'Neil
Morrison

I also personally really like:
Azarello
BKV
>>
>>92239235
frank miller lol
>>
I like Ellis.
>>
>>92244883
I feel like Vaughn never knows how to finish a story. Great concepts and build up, but they just go out with a fart most of the time.
>>
>>92243882
providence
>>
I notice a lot of the. British invasion type authors either haven't been doing comic related stuff for years. Or they just kind of are shit now.

Gain an was probably smart to get out when he did
>>
>>92244883
>Azarello
I really like him too, but he's kinda uneven.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.