[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate iron fist so much? It might not be as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0525.png (128KB, 611x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.png
128KB, 611x339px
Why does everyone hate iron fist so much?
It might not be as good as JJ or DD season 1 but at least better than luke cage and DD season 2

Really major flaw I saw with it is less martial arts fighting than I expected(DD fighting choreography was far more impressive) but still some entertaining moves.

Also funniest and most charming antagonist out of the marvel tv series
>>
>>92238663
>Franchise centered around kung fu
>All the kung fu is shite
Gee, I wonder why people don't like it.
>>
>>92238663
The actor playing Danny is the absolute worst thing ever
>>
>IF better than Luke Cage
>GoTG vol 2 is so much worse than the first

Why do I see these shitty opinions only on this site?
>>
its not entertaining. its okay for you to like the show dude, no one cares
>>
File: Hobo Danny.png (378KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hobo Danny.png
378KB, 640x400px
>>92238663
I didn't dislike it per say, I just got less interested as the season went on. I liked Hobo Danny running around doing things more than Suit Danny trying to fight the Hand.
>>
>>92238663
But it isn't though. In every conceivable way it is the worst thing they put out.
Even if you didn't like Luke Cage or agreed with its commentary. It said something. All of the other marvel Netflix shows had some sort of social commentary that tied together it's story. Iron Fist squandered all that.

All of the other shows used color as a big part of their mood setting. Luke Cage was actually the most creative incorporating yellow into it's backgrounds when Luke was on screen.
Iron Fist really didn't.

The fight choreography was terrible. And because they refused to stick a mask on Danny they couldn't sub a good stunt double.

They also seriously jewed us on that dragon.
>>
>>92238663
The scene where Danny drops a kid for talking out of turn in the dojo was the best scene in the show. It hammered home who he was, what he spent the last 15 years experiencing, and how he could not shut if off. Colleen lost her shit and kicked him out, the students didn't know what his problem was, and it showed that he was not like them or ordinary people.

Compare that to the scene where he discusses selling at cost. Assuming he understands what that means despite dropping off the face of the Earth at ~10 years old, it's the most bog standard "rich businessmen are evil and selfish" scene ever. The board don't really raise the issue of research or raising employee wages or hiring more people, they just fall in with the usual muh profits and "you don't get it" stuff and get magically shut down by Danny's 51% Share cock.

People shit on Danny but I wanted to see more of him. More of the monk and the vagrant making due. Also, holy shit is Claire the fucking fun police in every show. God damn.
>>
>>92239115
Idk I kinda got the feeling they were doing the whole "don't let your job change your morals thing" like how Danny refused to be a ruthless businessman or sacrifice the girl to remove the hand from the city even though his job should have had him do it
>>
File: chrishoward.jpg (13KB, 170x215px) Image search: [Google]
chrishoward.jpg
13KB, 170x215px
There's an alternate universe where this man was cast as Danny Rand. And it's so much better than this one.
>>
>>92238751
>>92238792
>>92239115
This.
>>
>>92238663
he looks like a weeb dweeb there
>>
>>92238663
Because he is white. As simple as that.
>>
>>92238663
It's a chore to watch. The only reason I'm finishing it right now is because I'm about to cancel my netflix.

Fighting is trash, just complete trash, Danny is trash (I get why they did what they did but still trash), the Meachums were alright but went on far too long (the sister was especially annoying though), though Davos was fun.

At least LC had good music and Luke pushing niggas through walls.

DD had great choreography, Punisher, and Karen Haha, kidding, Karen's horrible

JJ was alright. Parts were good and parts were bad but it was entertaining for the most part.

I'm literally forcing myself to finish IF
>>
>>92238663
>A tv show centered around literally one of the world's best hand to hand fighters.
>The fighting choreography is garbage.

How could it be anything but shit? They should have been doing everything they could to emulate Asian martial arts films the way Luke Cage was emulating blaxploitation media. This isn't Luke Cage where being a walking brick fits the character. An Iron Fist tv show needed to blow DD's fights out of the water. It needed to compete with at least low/mid tier Hong Kong fight choreography.

The other shows at least had something going for them, whether it was DD's choreography or LC's dumb spectacle and good soundtrack. IF failed at the one niche it should have excelled.
>>
>>92239809
I did think the boardroom scene felt a little forced. No one was like, "hey how about we compromise since we wont be able to research shit if we sell at cost."
>>
>>92238663
>Why does everyone hate iron fist so much?

Because it was, "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory?!" except replace "fireworks factory" with "awesome mystical kung fu."
>>
>>92241300
>Haha, kidding, Karen's horrible
say that to my face not online fucker
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.