[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new villain each season is bad writ-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: TeenTitansLogo.jpg (13KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansLogo.jpg
13KB, 300x259px
LOK APOLOGISTS BTFO
>>
>>92238515
>TT
>good
being better than TTG isn't tough that's why waifu threads are the only discussion of it here
>>
>>92238515
Who even says a new villain each season is bad writing?
>>
>>92238607
That's like the #1 defense of LOK (or more precisely Bryke's writing) I've seen on /co/.
>>
>>92238515
Brother Blood was kind of mediocre. He was only in four episodes and barely developed, wasn't he?

Otherwise this show had pretty good major season villains. Shame that Madame Rouge became a joke during the penultimate episode for no reason, though.
>>
>>92238636
Why would people defend the show by saying it has bad writing?
>>
>>92238677
>for no reason
You mean other than facing every single Titan at once, when she was shown to have difficulty defeating one of them (Hot Spot) on his own?
>>
>>92238836
They're shifting the blame to Nick, saying that it wasn't the crew's fault that the writing was so terrible because they didn't know how many seasons they would have, so they kept making up one-season villains.
>>
>>92238841
I suppose, but it was still a jarring shift to see someone who had been so competent previously just suddenly job left and right.
>>
>>92238887
Personally, I always saw it as an aversion of Talking Is A Free Action. Seriously, she shouldn't be standing around monologuing in the middle of a fight, no matter how powerful she thinks she is.
>>
>>92238929
Well, that's fair enough.

Speaking of talking, did General Immotus ever have any lines? I don't remember him ever saying anything. Or doing anything, for that matter.
>>
>>92238972
IIRC his background was explained once at the beginning of the season, and then he fought Aqualad in the final battle at the end, losing almost immediately. I guess they really shouldn't have included him, but I was never all that bothered by it anyways.
>>
To be fair, the only notable villain was Deathstroke.
>>
>>92239198
>who is Trigon,Brother Blood and Blackfire
>>
>>92239198
There was no villain by that name in this show.
>>
>>92238636

Well that's a stupid saying. Legend of Korra wasn't a perfect show, but it still had entertaining characters, thrilling action, and an interesting and unique world to explore. There, I defended LOK without having resort to whatever the fuck dumb shit you guys have been talking about in Korra hate threads.
>>
>>92239255
I never felt they were as memorable as he was. Still great villains though.

>>92239259
You know who I'm referring to. Funny enough, I watched it in french when I was a kid, and he was called deathstroke. Never understood why they did that. Probably figured the whole censorship thing didn't apply to us since french kids don't understand what the word "death" means.
>>
>>92239280
>Legend of Korra wasn't a perfect show, but it still had entertaining characters, thrilling action, and an interesting and unique world to explore.
It had none of those, literally the only correct thing in that sentence is the first part.
>>
>>92238841
Too be fair, fighting a fire guy while you're mainly a constrictor or a physical fighter yourself is pretty rough.
>>
>implying anyone gave a fuck about villains in Teen Titans rather than Deathstroke and Trigon
>>
>>92238515
Original Teen Titans was never that good
>>
>>92238515

Only 2 of the overarching storylines were actually good though.
>>
File: Brain.jpg (14KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
Brain.jpg
14KB, 402x416px
>>92241053
Don't bully the brain.
>>
File: 1492409689773.jpg (169KB, 850x951px) Image search: [Google]
1492409689773.jpg
169KB, 850x951px
>>92238636
>>92238515
Honestly, Korra had 12 episodes per season.

How many TT had? 26 and a lot of filler?

I feel like filler and stretching the plots would have helped Korra a lot and developed more the world.
>>
>>92239255

Brother Bloods arc fell apart completely after the first episode, easily the shows lowest point. And his defeat was just stupid.

The Brotherhood was kinda meh too.
>>
>>92241149
>Patiently we watched you all. Waiting for our moment to strike. You forged your alliance, you trusted without cause. And finally when you thought your world was safe… it fell apart before your very eyes. You are merely pawns in a game, and you have played your part perfectly. There is nowhere you can hide. And there is nothing you can do to stop us. Each small victory brings us closer to an even greater prize. The elimination of an entire generation of heroes. and we owe it all to you… Robin. Your network has been crushed. Your friends have no way to communicate or follow your commands. Together you may be formidable. But apart… you are lost, powerless, mine. You will fall, one by one. Who among you can possibly stop me now?
>>
>>92241172
Teen Titans had 13 episodes per season, exactly the same as LOK on average.

Your ATLA excuses won't work in this case.
>>
>>92241149
Oh no, its a menacing Speak n Spell. I'm fucking terrified.

Said no one ever
>>
>>92239418

The big problem of Legend of Korra is being too Tumblr-friendly

nuff said
>>
>>92241249
No, the biggest problem was shitty writing, largely caused by not having Ehasz (and his wife) on board. Tumblrization was a secondary factor, that may not even have happened if that were the case.
>>
>>92238515
>A new villain each season
>Season 1: Deathstroke
>Season 2: Deathstroke
>>
>>92241178

>being BTFO'd by Beast Boy and some literal who's one episode later
>>
>>92238515
I liked and hated this concept.

>Season 01 - Robin
>Season 02 - Robin/Terra/Beast Boy
>Season 03 - Cyborg
>Season 04 - Raven/Robin
>Season 05 - Beast Boy

Why didn't StarFire get her own season arc?
>>
>>92241314
Then you had the villans of the week like Dr Light and Killer Moth and Brother Blood. All boring
>>
>>92241236
Given that this particular entity has two of the most powerful villains of the entire series at its command and also possesses super intelligence, you probably should be terrified if you're a Teen Titan.
>>
>>92241364
She's Robin's property.
>>
>>92241427
Fair enough. She gets to lick the sweat of Robin's ass after he saves the day.
>>
>>92241376
Wait, wasn't Brother Blood the season 3 villain?
>>
>>92241364
It wasn't because of the cancellation, as many think, it was because they couldn't think of an arc.
Source: http://www.titanstower.com/five-seasons-of-murakanime/
>>
>>92241314
1. There was no such villain in this show.
2. Terra was the main villain of season 2.
>>
>>92241461
He was a villian of the week mainly for Cyborg
>>
>>92241469
Never said it was due to cancellation. Yet, thanks for the source as I assumed that it was something similar to that.

>Fight BlackFire
>Race wars
>Evolution episode leads nowhere

There wasn't a whole lot that could be expanded upon for a full season like everyone else that would make the story centralized to Jump City or Earth. The aliens that kidnapped her could have returned, same with who "purchased her" as a slave.
>>
>>92241427
She got two episodes of her own: where she gets sent to the future and the metamorphosis one
>>
>>92241364
She kind of didn't need one. The only story that could've ostensibly could've stretched to an arc would've been her vs her sister, and in each case their conflict was resolved pretty quickly, and Star's arc was she was willing to take BF's bullshit until she wasn't. Not very nuanced.
>>
>>92241346
>the entire original Titans lineup minus Robin, plus a bunch of others
>some literal who's

In addition, it was so worth it seeing Beast Boy develop into the character I'd been looking forward to finally getting after 5 long seasons.
>>
>>92241586
You mean besides the two Blackfire episodes? That's already 4 in total.
>>
>>92241681
Wasn't Blackfire labeled a slut?
>>
>>92241803
How is that relevant, who are you claiming "labelled" her, and why do you even think so?
>>
>>92241249
The big problem of LoK was nothing went right.
>MC is both a mary sue and incompetent
>also a turbobitch
>supporting cast constantly shit on to make Korra always be right, except for when they're all wrong
>she learns essentially nothing throughout the entire show
>it's not funny
>retroactively shits on ATLA
>btw future
The only thing decent in the show is the animation, and only sometimes. Other times the animation is fucking shit.
>>
>>92243521
Excellent post, have an upchan.
>>
>>92243589
Go away
>>
>>92243649
To where
>>
>>92243695
Canada
>>
>>92243765
But I am already there
>>
>>92243782
Just as I suspected you goddamn Leaf.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.