[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of Redditors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 37

File: guardian2poster.jpg (309KB, 800x1186px) Image search: [Google]
guardian2poster.jpg
309KB, 800x1186px
Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of Redditors of the Galaxy vol.2?
>>
>>92231162
It was awful. Lazy, immature humor. Forced, barebones, character arcs. And every character's feelings and motivations were just flat out told to us instead of actually being shown. To the point where they literally had a character whose whole thing was telling us what people were feeling.

Literally made for autists.
>>
>>92231162
It was good.
I didn't particularly cared for the first one, but Vol. 2 had some legit great scenes, even though first 1/3 is quite awful and it still has no style of its own.
>>
>dust had settled

It's been out for a week around the world and 4 days in the US.
>>
>>92232080
>>92232345
/co/ as usual
>>
Uh ... did anybody else notice how OP typed the title wrong? He says "redditors" when it's "Guardians". Shucks, it even say Guardians in the image, God, how embarrassing !
;-(
>>
>>92232345
>1/3 of it is awful
>only had some great scenes
>those are the only things going for it and its good

what low standards
>>
>>92232449
Man what a clever comment m8. Really smart and full of insight. It was just a top tier post man. You added so much to the conversation.
>>
>>92231162
This is a great poster. I want to rip it off the wall of my local theater.
>>
>>92231162
one of the best MCU movies yet def the best MCU villain yet

Better than anything WB has or will ever have and will probably make a well deserved billion
>>
>>92231162
I loved it.

From start to finish I was entertained. We lost our shit at mary poppins, all of rocket's quips and even the pacman scene.

We teared up at yondu's death and funeral and the whole scene with rocket leaving quill behind.

Solid 9.5/10 movie personally.
>>
It was okay, it wasn't terrible. Here are my problems

The Story of Nebula and her sister was BAD. One scene shes like yeah im going to kill Thanos, the next scene you see her flying a space ship trying to kill her sister

Drax didn't do much besides providing comic relief. Granted this is pretty much his job

Rocket. He was good but his story felt so forced.

Baby Groot was the cute funny character. Wasn't terrible but let's acknowledge what it is.

Ego he was good, mostly cause Kurt Russell is awesome. I also like the idea of God's becoming bored.

As for the Ravangers. Did I miss something because I had no idea Yondu was part of a galactic crew, are they bad or good, who is Stallone character ( i know now after googling it but come on),

For the people who say "Yeah bro it had the best MCU villain" Yeah thats not saying much.

Also, did anyone else get the Man of Steel vibe when Ego was explaining everything and the last fight scene with him and star lord because I totally did.
>>
>>92231162
Just watched yesterday, didn't find it anywhere as good as the first. I mean, I laughed a lot and some cameos and easter eggs were cool, but the funny moments seemed a bit more forced. I could see some 70s influence in the movie and all, which could work with the 70s Cosmic Marvel, but that doesn't do much for me.

Also, I'm not sure why they didn't go with "flark" , "son of a schlag!" and the like in the swearing. Would've been a little extra something for the fans.

In the first one, I could enjoy it as its own movie, but somehow the character changes from the comic pissed me off way too hard this time. Maybe it's because I realized they're not going back to normal in the comics anytime soon because of this. Rocket being a douche and going "don't call me a raccoon!" is fucking stupid. Out of character Groot (or worse, dunno if he got killed off now and replaced by LEGACY!Groot) is stupid. The fact even Starlin's mini with his own characters feels off is astounding.

I assume one of the Watchers was Uatu, and damn it's awesome to see them in a movie, Bbut I imagine the casuals were pretty confused about those scenes. Also, it reminded me he just got killed off in some stupid ass event, so I was back to being slightly pissed off
>>
>>92233282
the amazing thing is that every character had an arc

and with a movie with that many characters that's insanely impressive
>>
As for the best MCU movie. Come on Iron man 1, Winter soldier, Guardians 1, and Ant-Man were better

(Granted i fully acknowledge Ant-Man stole alot of plot points from Iron man 1 but im okay with it becuase they executed the movie really well)
>>
>>92232080
>And every character's feelings and motivations were just flat out told to us instead of actually being shown

That's fucking bullshit. This is a retarded "criticism."
>>
>>92233513
Its true though. Quill tells us he is being an alienating asshole after he hardly does anything alienating. Yondu just TELLS us he is the same as Rocket without ever showing as any scenes that support this. Mantis literally tells us how people are feeling. Quill tells us how he feels about his dad. Ego tells us his motivations and feelings about everything.

Nothing is ever given time to just be shown.
And please, explain, how its retarded criticism? Do you not understand that idea of "show don't tell" ?
>>
>>92233299
>Rocket being a douche and going "don't call me a raccoon!" is fucking stupid

It's not stupid, it's perfectly reasonable within the context of his story and background in the movies.
>>
>>92233321
>>92233321
its not that amazing when the "arcs" are awful, unorganic, and barely there.

Why is Rocket more of an asshole then he was in the last movie all of a sudden? Oh well we dont actually have to explain his motivation because Yondu just says they are the same and that somehow resolves the character arc, despite there being no struggle or change on Rocket's side-- and frankly I dont see how they are that much alike at all. But I guess we gotta take Yondu's word for it!
Nebula goes after her sister, intent on killing her, until her sister saves her life once. Thats it. Thats the extent of both Nebula and Gamorrah's arc in the whole thing.
Draxx's "arc" consists of.... well nothing really. He just has a few disjointed scenes, one where he talks about how he misses his old life/family, and another where he says Mantis is beautiful on the inside. If you call that an arc, then you really need to consume more stories.
Quill's "arc" is just "oh man I have a dad and I love him!" then "NO IT ISNT FISHY STOP QUESTIONING THINGS GAMORRAH!" then "yeah alright my dad is evil and I love my chosen family!"

He learns the same lesson he did in the first movie (the family you choose is the most important etc.) and acted like a dumb idiot for no reason than to push the plot forward.
>>
>>92233617
Nah its pretty stupid. There was no reason for him to be more of a douche since GotG 1. And if there was, the never ever go into it and explain it.

Also mother fucker is a raccoon.
>>
Pretty good, lots of fun, only a couple of moments that broke tension and made me roll my eyes. I'd give it a B+.
>>
>>92233591
>Yondu just TELLS us he is the same as Rocket without ever showing as any scenes that support this

Did you miss all the shit with Stakar and Taserface? A character highlighting something to another character is not a valid example of "telling instead of showing." And the feelings of the characters are shown plenty, moreso than any other Marvel movie.

Stop acting like you know anything about movies when you don't pay attention and steal "criticisms" from RLM.
>>
>>92233683
>Did you miss all the shit with Stakar and Taserface?

How does this scene show us that Yondu is the same as Rocket in any of the ways he mentioned.
> And the feelings of the characters are shown plenty, moreso than any other Marvel movie.

Any evidence to back that up?
>Stop acting like you know anything about movies when you don't pay attention and steal "criticisms" from RLM.

I haven't watched a RLM video in over 2 years, and "showing not telling" goes way way beyond RLM.
I guess this confirms you are a teenager/underage.
>>
>>92233683
>Stop acting like you know anything about movies
>when he thinks its okay to tell and not show

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I liked it more than the first in retrospect and I loved the first. I want to see it again.
>>
>>92233282
This. I'm a DCstan and gotg is the one marvel ip I will never complain about
>>
>>92233671
>There was no reason for him to be more of a douche since GotG 1

He was always an angry little douche. Not sure how you missed that.

>Also mother fucker is a raccoon

No fucking shit, but how is he supposed to know that?
>>
>>92233786
What a great and well thought out post man, really shows that this movie engaged you and worked on multiple levels and was more than just empty "fun."
>>
>>92233820
>ow, my butt
>>
>>92233813
>He was always an angry little douche. Not sure how you missed that.

No he wasn't, not like he was in GotG2. That is why it becomes a character thing in GotG2. If he was the same as GotG then Quill wouldnt have asked him why he is being so alienating and an asshole.

Jesus christ, this is basic scene comprehension. If he was always acting that way, then it wouldnt be something worth pointing out as a change in his character.
>>
>>92233813
> but how is he supposed to know that?
Because the line you quoted is literally him being told that, and its obvious from the context of the joke that Quill has said it before.

Jesus christ, MCU fans are retarded.
>>
>>92233820
I don't know, that ending got really emotional.
>>And if you don't love me now
>>
>>92233768
Not him, but it's only a problem when you tell instead of showing. If you show it (and there's enough similarity between Yondu and Rocket's behavior and the way they treat their friends) then telling to make sure the audience and the characters understand the connection is perfectly reasonable. Sometimes you have to give a little exposition to get the point across.
>>
>>92233891
>hurr durr they played that song that said the things that were happening in the movie! Its so good!
>>
>>92233909
But they dont ever show it. Nothing shows us that they are the same beyond them being mad at their old crews. And for Yondu its a completely different set of circumstances that lead him to that than Rocket who is mad at his crew for no reason.
>>
>>92233891
>he got really emotional over pac-man and space fireworks that dont make sense (you cant combust a firework in the vacuum of space)
>>
>>92233851
Quill never pointed out that it was a change.

>>92233863
If he's the only raccoon that he's ever seen then how is he supposed to know he's a raccoon? It doesn't matter how many times Quill has told him if there's no proof. It's supposed to be ambiguous for the sake of his character.

The only retarded one here is you bucko.
>>
>>92231162
It was pure derivative shit but since /co/ is overrun by XD quirky tumblr types any legitimate criticism is drowned out by blind praise and reddit-like praise
>>
>>92232386
It's a /tv/ meme, if you can even call it that. OP's post has such a blatant /tv/ shitposting style that it shouldn't even be allowed on this board.
>>
File: kakkakrabbypattysad.jpg (91KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
kakkakrabbypattysad.jpg
91KB, 960x640px
I honestly liked it a lot.

My gripes would be
>too many quips, sometimes bordering on ruining serious moments
>Sovereign (a joke race) are somehow going to create Adam Warlock, a being who can sometimes rival Thanos in power
>It was cool that they included Starhawk and some of the other retro Guardians, but he was just a guy with a gun, no powers
>Quill choosing Pac-Man as his avatar in the final exchange between him and Ego
>Nebula talks like a sulking teenager

Other than that, I liked it.
>Pic related, it was mfw Yondu was Yondying.
>also when Rocket admits he's an asshole and they accept him for who he is
>and during the funeral
>>
>>92233942
>Quill never pointed out that it was a change.
He asks why he is being such an alienating asshole. He asks this right before leaving the ship with Ego. Did you really forget this? And if a character asks why he is acting a certain way, this means he doesn't normally act like this. Which indicates that it was a change between movies. I wouldn't ask someone why they are acting a certain way if they always act that way and I've known them for months. Are you actually autistic? Do you need someone to say "HEY YOU CHANGED SINCE THE LAST MOVIE" to understand this?
>If he's the only raccoon that he's ever seen then how is he supposed to know he's a raccoon? It doesn't matter how many times Quill has told him if there's no proof.

WHAT? What kind of stupid ass logic is this. Literally all the conversation has to be is "on my planet, the creatures that are the same as you are called raccoons." He doesn't need proof. Its not like its a universal name or anything. I don't need proof that mexicans call white people gringos if a mexican tells me thats the case. I don't need proof that the spanish word for a donkey is a burro.
>>
>>92233961
This. 100x this.
>>
>>92233982
>using a meme is inherently shit posting now

there is nothing shit posty about the OP outside of asking what people thought of a movie. Jesus christ you sensitive snowflake go back to tumblr or reddit.
>>
>>92234001
>more gripes than positives
>positives are minor character moments
>but I liked it a lot

What terribly low standards you have.
>>
>>92233617
>>92233617
I mean in the comics (see Starlin's mini for instance), but yes, it's stupid in the movie. It's stupid using the supposedly same character and changing his personality.
I did enjoy the first movie despite that, mind you, but this time, it was too much.

>>92233813
>No fucking shit, but how is he supposed to know that?
His... his name is literally "Rocket Raccoon"
>>
>>92234027
Jesus, I can't imagine being so retarded that I'm unable to comprehend an MCU movie.
>>
>>92234133
He's never called Rocket Raccoon in the movies, only Rocket.
>>
File: 67b2efbb9c.jpg (39KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b2efbb9c.jpg
39KB, 620x450px
>>92234136
>doesn't have an actual point or rebuttal
>doesn't understand basic human interaction
>doesn't understand different cultures have different names/words for the same thing
>"w-well you're stupid!!!"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Jesus, did all of the shitposters i the Samurai Jack threads get tired of shitting up there and decide to migrate?
>>
>>92234298
>if you dont like this movie you are a shitposter!

Why do you think like this?
>>
>>92234220
Listen up retard, he's never met another raccoon, so what Quill calls him fucking doesn't matter. Quill saying "oh you're a raccoon" isn't gonna make that angry little shit feel better, especially when he's already pissed off and moping again. Doubly so when Quill is directing it as an insult that he knows Rocket doesn't understand.

This is not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>92234220
>>92234408
Everybody knows he's a trash panda anyway
>>
What a surprise another turd shat out by Marlel but oh no DC is the one killing the cape mivie scene
>>
>>92234408
I understand this anon, its not that I don't, which you seem to be implying, its just incredibly stupid.

What im saying is Rocket has 0 reason to get mad at this. Its like me being mad that "human" is a different word in a different language.

It makes more sense in the comics where he knows he is a raccoon, technically, but doesnt like to be called that because he is smarter/better than that.

Here its just pointless and adds to the already arbitrary nature of Rocket in GotG2
>>
>>92233286
I think the idea of the Ravagers is that they're criminals with a code and a large network of crews and stuff. The dealing in kids line seems to basically cement exactly what they are. They do jobs, smuggle and mercenary shit, but they don't do certain things that would be against their code.
>>
>>92234408
If he's never met another raccoon, why would he even be mad?
>>
>>92234345
because it's true
>>
>>92231162
Marvel is not even trying and anymore.
>>
File: high five.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
high five.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>92234462
Epic millennial quip bro!
>>
>>92234476
Except Rocket was already mad. They both were. This isn't Quill having a heart-to-heart about his origins, it's Quill being a condescending prick and Rocket lashing out in kind.

If you recall he calls him a raccoon in the first movie and Rocket just asks what a raccoon is.
>>
>>92234481
Yeah i understand they but they just introduce them as if we were suppose to know who they were. Which unless i missed something they didnt say anything about them
>>
>>92234522
>disagreeing with me is wrong and shitposting

hello fascist.
>>
>>92234552
thats a good highfive
>>
File: 1480444133600.gif (2MB, 371x331px) Image search: [Google]
1480444133600.gif
2MB, 371x331px
>>92234594
Disagreeing about why someething is good or bad is cool as long as you have actual arguments and explain why you didn't like it.

I mean, it's a sequel, some people might not like it if they haven't seen the first movie. But a lot of the current complaints here are either at the fact it's popular, so it sucks; or that it's Marvel, so it sucks compared to the majesty of the Academy Award winning (for best makeup and hairstyling) DCEU.
>>
File: 3475437.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3475437.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>92233645
>Why is Rocket more of an asshole then he was in the last movie all of a sudden?
In the first movie he was a shit head to everybody. He was a sellsword level bounty hunter that had a meltdown at a bar that he had to be talk down shooting everyone. Groot was his only friend he seemed to trust and he died.

>there being no struggle or change on Rocket's side
because it really didn't click with Rocket till the funeral, so if he is asshole maximums next film your point will have more weight.

>dont see how they are that much alike at all
They one was a slave in youth and the other was a rejected lab project, they were only valued as much as what they could earn and had no one really watching their backs growing up.

>Nebula goes after her sister, intent on killing her, until her sister saves her life once.
Her emotions and reaction just after that tell you why she spared, it wasn't because she was saved by her, it's because deep down she wanted her to be a sister. Her hate was rooted in the fact that in her youth she wanted kinship in her suffering under Thanos but all she saw was a try hard that ruin her life. She hated that so much she wanted her dead but in the moment looking at her face to face it click she still wanted a sister more than her dead.

>Draxx's "arc" consists of well nothing really.
I'll give you that, seems like he was built up more for humor

>Quill's "arc" is just "oh man I have a dad and I love him!" then "NO IT ISNT FISHY STOP QUESTIONING THINGS
For an only child that is brought up by a single mom, Quill's reaction is very normal for people that have been in that hell.

>"yeah alright my dad is evil and I love my chosen family!"
he didn't make that choice till dad told him he killed his mom and then moments after that tried to use him as a giant battery.

>He learns the same lesson he did in the first movie
In the first film he learn to let go of his guilt of running away from his dying mother.
>>
>>92234955
>For an only child that is brought up by a single mom, Quill's reaction is very normal for people that have been in that hell.
in the 70s/80s no less. Being a single mom then was a death sentence for money and social standing, no one pulled punches back then about how much a lower class kid you were cause you have no daddy.
>>
>>92234955
This
>>
>>92234066
>le reddit meme in the OP is ever NOT shitposting bait
>>
>>92234885
I dont see a single post in this thread of people saying it sucks because its popular. In fact the haters are the more well thought out and verbose posts in this thread.
You are paranoid.
>>
>>92234955
>sellsword level bounty hunter
aren't those the same thing?
>>
>>92234476
If you call a black man a nigger, even if its true, is it unexpected for him to take offense?

Not really sure why Im replying to bait, no one is too autistic to understand what an insult is.
>>
>>92234955
>because it really didn't click with Rocket till the funeral, so if he is asshole maximums next film your point will have more weight.

Wow nice headcanon, im glad this was shown and explained in the movie--oh wait....

>They one was a slave in youth and the other was a rejected lab project, they were only valued as much as what they could earn and had no one really watching their backs growing up.

Wow nice headcanon, im glad this was shown and explained in the movie--oh wait....

>Her emotions and reaction just after that tell you why she spared, it wasn't because she was saved by her, it's because deep down she wanted her to be a sister. Her hate was rooted in the fact that in her youth she wanted kinship in her suffering under Thanos but all she saw was a try hard that ruin her life. She hated that so much she wanted her dead but in the moment looking at her face to face it click she still wanted a sister more than her dead.

Wow im glad this was shown in the movie and that we actually saw a difference in how she acts as a result of this "arc." Oh wait, no we didnt.
>I'll give you that, seems like he was built up more for humor
Yeah, which is a giant character assassination.

>For an only child that is brought up by a single mom, Quill's reaction is very normal for people that have been in that hell.
I never said it wasnt.

>he didn't make that choice till dad told him he killed his mom and then moments after that tried to use him as a giant battery.
Yes I know this, thanks for re-state the plot of the movie as if it somehow disproved what I said? Its still just a shitty "arc" in which Quill learns the exact same lesson he learned in the first one.

>In the first film he learn to let go of his guilt of running away from his dying mother.
Yes, as part of his "family you choose" lesson.
>>
>>92235671
Not always. Sellswords would hire out to the highest bidder no matter how immoral the job was and tended to be violent people that enjoy killing to a great deal. The term was usually used as an insult.
>>
>>92235683
but its not an insult, he is literally a raccoon. Are you this autistic that you somehow thing me calling you a human would be an insult?

Nigger is inherently an insult, while raccoon is not. Are you THIS dumb?
>>
>>92232080

>And every character's feelings and motivations were just flat out told to us instead of actually being shown.

I felt something was off with all those character arcs. I guess that was it.
>>
>>92234955
>Rocket is more of an asshole now because of Groot dying (despite him being alive and still there)
>Rocket is more of an asshole now because it only "clicked" with him between movies

what kind of shitty fanfic is this? Where in the movie is any of this shown?
>>
>>92234955
>They one was a slave in youth and the other was a rejected lab project, they were only valued as much as what they could earn and had no one really watching their backs growing up.

But Yondu doesnt mention that shit. He just says "oh man we both have hard shells and dont let people in" and thats it, suddenly they are the same person and because Rocket found someone like him his arc is resolved? What? Its just stupid on ever level.
>>
File: 1493756525355.gif (909KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1493756525355.gif
909KB, 480x270px
>>92235715
>understanding basic empathy is headcanon
>not understanding Rockets last lines in the film
>ignoring both rockets lines in the first films as well as what Yondu's speech to rocket
>ignoring everything Nebula shared

Holy shit retard, you either slept though the film or haven't seen it and your that bad at shitposting.
>>
>>92235715
>because it really didn't click with Rocket till the funeral, so if he is asshole maximums next film your point will have more weight.
>Wow nice headcanon, im glad this was shown and explained in the movie--oh wait....

It literally was shown and told.

>"He didn't chase them away."
>"No."
>"Even though he yelled at them... and was always mean... and stole batteries he didn't need..."
>"Well of course not."

I presume you were shitposting on your phone instead of paying attention.

>Wow nice headcanon, im glad this was shown and explained in the movie--oh wait....

Okay, now I know you're retarded.
>>
>>92235832
>But Yondu doesnt mention that shit

Yes he fucking does. Fucking pay attention, goddamn.
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21KB, 400x418px
>>92235715
>giant character assassination.
>GtoG vol1
>Awkward idiot that doesn't understand metaphors or other cultures at all laughs inappropriately
>GtoG vol2
>Awkward idiot that doesn't understand other cultures at all laughs inappropriately

what?
>>
>>92235893
Sure, but not when they have the "we are the same!" moment, and Rocket never talks about being a lab experiment.

Use your brain before replying. Its obvious from the context.
>>
>>92235832
>>92235715
I've come to the conclusion some people posting haven't seen the film and are just shitting on it for shitting sake lifting information off of other people's accounts.

That or they really need (You)s to feel good today.
>>
>>92234955
This puts it quite succinctly.
>>
>>92235839
>basic empathy = a bunch of events that we never saw and are never explained

I didn't ignore anything anyone said, but this is exactly my problem. People just SAY this shit. Nebula says all that shit about wanting a sister but then once her arc is "resolved" she hardly changes. In no way is her new found sisterhood shown in the movie.

Same with the Rocket and Yondu shit. They said they were the same, sure, but we never ever see how they are alike. Yes they alienate their teams, but its under completely different circumstances to the point of it being non-comparable.

Goddamn, actually read my complaints. I even say "im glad this was shown and explained in the movie" to your "explanations." Because they are given single token lines and then never ever referenced again in any fashion.
>>
>>92235938
>Sure, but not when they have the "we are the same!" moment

That's retarded.

>and Rocket never talks about being a lab experiment.

What's your point? Yondu can tell by Rocket's actions that he's the same kind of piece of shit.
>>
>>92235938
>Sure, but not when they have the "we are the same!" moment
Yes he does. He starts off sharing his parents sold him in slavery when he was a kid.
>Rocket never talks about being a lab experiment.
first film and Yondu bring it up him being a experiment when they surrounded him at the start before the mutiny, then it's brought up again when they are jailed together.

You haven't seen the film have you?
>>
>>92235856
>It literally was shown and told.

No it wasnt. Show me the scenes where it is shown or told that Rocket is suddenly MORE of an asshole because he thought, for a second, Groot died?

>"No."
>"Even though he yelled at them... and was always mean... and stole batteries he didn't need..."
>"Well of course not."

How does any of that explain WHY he is being an asshole? Are you this retarded? Is English not your first language?

>Okay, now I know you're retarded.
Where does Rocket ever tell Yondu he was a lab experiment?
>>
>>92235911
>Draxx is a big strongman assassin idiot in GotG1
>in GotG2 he is a fucking joke and doesnt do shit
>>
>>92235743
Anything is an insult if you use it as such, and Peter is clearly using it as an insult. Using my same example, nigger isnt an insult normally when its from black to black, but white to black it generally is.

And yes, human can be used as an insult from something above a human such as a god, the same way a humans are above racoons.

Again, no one is this autistic. If you are, please stop posting and find your handler.
>>
>>92236021
>but its under completely different circumstances to the point of it being non-comparable
>both break rules and alienate their teams for short-sighted monetary gains
>non-comparable
>>
>>92236040
>Yondu just knows they are the same because!
Explain to me how they are the same. What actions did they do in GotG2, other than alienating their crews for entirely different reasons, are they the same?

>That's retarded.
Thats retarded that the thing that makes Yondu and Rocket the same, wasnt actually brought up in the scene where they say they are the same? What?
>>
>>92236052
Yondu never mentions that he is a lab experiment. You literally made that up.
>>
>>92236058
>No it wasnt. Show me the scenes where it is shown or told that Rocket is suddenly MORE of an asshole because he thought, for a second, Groot died?

Why the fuck are you talking about Groot? The discussion is about Rocket and Yondu.

Christ you are retarded.
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>92236021
>I didn't ignore anything anyone said
clearly you did or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
> once her arc is "resolved" she hardly changes
how fucking stupid are you man?
1. Who out right changes seconds after having a revelation like that? It takes months(minimum 6) to years for that to have any meaningful change.
2. Nebula has no reason to change, in her mind she is in the right it's her sister that should change and they actually show that in the end.

>we never ever see how they are alike.
Honest question do you suffer a high function form of autism?
>>
>>92236096
>both break rules and alienate their teams for short-sighted monetary gains

WHAT? Thats not why he alienated his team at all? He alienated them because he didn't want to go after Quill. The other Ravagers =/= his personal team of ravagers. Did you even see the movie?
>>
I liked it. It wasn't my favorite film in the MCU by a longshot, but I quite enjoyed it.
Ego was easily the best villain in recent MCU movies, and Yondu was consistently good. I liked the family dynamic that they built up over the course of the film.
There were a bunch of jokes that didn't work for me, but not enough for me to dislike the film.
>>
>>92236157
Because thats what you are defending? Are you so dumb you cant even follow the comment chain? The explanation, that you are defending, is that Rocket is more of an asshole because of the death of Groot.

>In the first movie he was a shit head to everybody. He was a sellsword level bounty hunter that had a meltdown at a bar that he had to be talk down shooting everyone. Groot was his only friend he seemed to trust and he died.

Right there.
>>
>>92235800
>(despite him being alive and still there)
Nah, apparently Gunn confirmed that was just Groot jr. It's pretty obvious too.
>>
>>92236092
>anything can be an insult

hahahaha no. This is the logic of tumblrites and children. Call me a carrot all you want and I won't be insulted.
>>
The writing for individual scenes is fine for the most part and there's fantastic character moments and the performances are great (especiallu Kurt Russell, my fucking god) but it juggles too much and isn't nearly as coherent a story as the first movie. It starts off like a fucking Simpsons episode with a plot hook that has absolutely fuck all to do with the main story. You could excise the Sovereign completely and nothing would really change.
Why the fuck is the movie trying to convince me that Sylvester Stallone's character is someone I should give a fuck about? Why is he excommunicating Yondu for something he did 20 years ago?And trust me, I know exactly who the original GOTG are and that Stallone is Starhawk, along with the rest of the original team being crowbarred into the ending and post-credits. I don't give a shit, and neither will the average audience member. It was a clunkier future plot setup than Bruce's email in BvS.
Why is Drax utterly useless as a team member in this movie? Why does he recieve next to no character development?
Who in the fuck thinks keeping Groot as a baby was a good idea? That shit was tiring by the end of the credits of GOTG 1.
>>
>>92236184
We're talking about Stakar and his old team. That's what his and Rocket's whole discussion is about.

Just stop posting man, you're embarassing yourself. In fact stop watching movies altogether since you have such a hard time keeping up.
>>
>>92236157
He has a broken mind and is taking anon's point that Groot dying in the first film makes him friendless to an extreme no one implied. I mean he thinks Rocket is acting worse in this film when he was asking people to steal limbs he didn't need and was willing to hurt/kill people for fun.
>>
>>92236169
>1. Who out right changes seconds after having a revelation like that? It takes months(minimum 6) to years for that to have any meaningful change.

WHAT? Have you never seen a movie where a person changes after having a character arc? REALLY? So you are saving Vader should have waited 6 months before helping Luke at the end of RotJ

AHAHAHAHAH You fucking retard.

>2. Nebula has no reason to change, in her mind she is in the right it's her sister that should change and they actually show that in the end.

So then you admit she didnt have an arc and is exactly the same as she was before it?
>Honest question do you suffer a high function form of autism?

So you cant actually point to how they are the same, other than them alienating their crews for entirely different reasons? Okay dummy.
>>
>>92236224
>because it really didn't click with Rocket till the funeral

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>92236265
No its not. You know the team immediately around Yondu? You know the team Yondu JUST alienated?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk9KXvhMsBI
part 1 was better but part 2 was great
>>
>>92236311
Which funeral do you think people are talking about and what do you think it is that "clicked"?
>>
Each character had it's own arc, however small it was, they all had their moment. There was a greater amount of subtlety and heart in this one as opposed to the first.
>>
File: 1427487574407.jpg (6KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1427487574407.jpg
6KB, 240x250px
>most people who say they like the movie explain why coherently
>most of the people who say they don't like the movie just go "quip quip quip lel baby groot millenial redditors xDDD"
>>
>>92236310
Vader thought his kids were dead and discovered his son was alive 2 years before ESB. He then at the end of ESB ask look to join him so they can both kill the Emperor.
Narrative Vader already went through a lot of changes and was already willing to kill the emperor. Next time stop and think what you are posting.
>>
>>92236390
what was Draxx arc? That he realized he missed his family? What was Mantis arc? What was Gamorrahs arc? How did she change in anyway? How did Nebula change in anyway (other than no longer wanting to murder her sister)? How did Ego change in anyway?
>>
>>92236365
>"Me and Stakar, and the other captains, we weren't so different from you and your friends. They're the only family I ever had. But I broke the code. They exiled me. This is what I deserve."

Just give up man.
>>
>>92236418
literally no one is complaining about the quips and there are plenty of coherent complaints

such as
>>92232080

Can you not read?
>>
>>92236251
>Openly admitting youre retarded and dont understand conversation basics

Well, guess Im done here then. Have youre last (You) from me
>>
>>92236310
>So you are saving Vader should have waited 6 months before helping Luke at the end of RotJ
>being this stupid
I'm guessing you are underage and just needing a good giggle of (You)s this afternoon?
>>
>>92236423
so all character changes need to take at least 6 months? In every single story always? So it should have taken Quill 6 months to warm up to his father, then 6 months to realize he was bad? IT should have taken 6 months for Rocket to change? And for Yondu?

You are really going to defend this retarded point? Just to defend the fact that Nebula is largely unaffected by her "arc"?
>>
>>92236460
You carrot! I'm insulting you by calling you a carrot! Are you insulted?
>>
>>92236418
it's the nature of the anonymous contrarianism. They hate it because it's popular.
>>92236459
Can you not read the OP dummy?
>>
>>92236382
Yondu's funeral. He's in denial about Yondu's comparison until Yondu's funeral, when he realizes that he and Yondu are in fact similar.

>"No."
>"Well of course not."
>>
>>92236538
>one person calls it a redditor movie
>means everyone is
>replying to a post that literally points to a post that goes against your point

hmmmmmm do you lack reading comprehension too?
>>
>>92236502
Anon said that Nebula in her mind was justified and had no reason to change so why are you dragging on with this 6 months shit.
And at this point you are just trying to shift your point to "yeah well they don't HAVE to do that" which is really telling of the whole you dug.
>>
>>92236418
>waaaah stop picking on marlel you bullies
>>
>>92236554
nah but see according to this guy
>>92236169
He needed 6 months before he could realize that and change.

>1. Who out right changes seconds after having a revelation like that? It takes months(minimum 6) to years for that to have any meaningful change.
>>
>>92236610
so you are saying Nebula has no arc then and doesnt change?
>>
>>92236610
ignore him, it's just some kid needing attention.
>>
>>92236610
>why are you dragging on with the 6 months shit
>not attacking the person who said it takes at least 6 months for any character change to happen

Literally what he said. Not just in reference to Nebula, but everyone ever.
>>
>>92236677
>I don't have a point, but ignore him because I can't actually prove him wrong
>>
>>92236629
anon are you unfamiliar with lifestyle transformations? Because that's where that 6 month bit is coming from.
>>
>>92236721
Read what he is saying

No where does he say lifestyle. This is said in response to Nebula not being effected, in anyway, by her arc. Stop defending this shitty point.
>>
File: 45678765.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
45678765.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>tfw when film student snobs have invaded /co/ and won't let people just enjoy a movie for what it is

Go back to jerking off to your copy of Eraserhead and leave us alone. It isn't our fault /tv/ is a complete shithole.
>>
>>92231162
I'm still hoping that we sill see gritty post anihhilation guardians instead of the action comedy

Bu to be honest, I loved it. Easily top 1, right after Ant-Man
>>
>>92236629
I don't know how the fuck that's relevant to our discussion, but Nebula and Gamora's arc was about forgiving one another, even if they still don't agree about the best course of action for their future. Gamora chooses to stay with her family, and invites Nebula to join them (rather than turn her over to the Nova corps), but Nebula, despite forgiving and getting even with her sister, still believes that killing Thanos is the only way to make things right. And Gamora allows her to go.

How is this a lack of change?
>>
>>92236681
Anon it's part of healing psychology and it's about when you decided to change a habit or being of yourself and how long it takes to fully change. Normally you don't go from asshole to pleasant in a days time.
>>
>>92236767
I still think it's just shitposters that need validation
>>
>>92236776
>implying DnA Guardians wasn't an action comedy
>>
>>92236785
no one is saying she should change 100%, but to say that no one in stories ever goes through dramatic changes in less than 6 months is retarded, and its a dumb defense for why Nebula is completely unaffected by her arc.
>>
>>92236781
either for (you)s or damage control he is just spinning his wheels and attacking any post he can.
>>
>>92231162
People overhyped the villain for me and when I finally saw it, he sucked. Like he's definitely not the worst but he is not good in anyway.
>>
>>92236767
>tfw when
>when when

But I agree, /tv/ and /v/ autists are going really dumb over a FUN movie which somehow actually ended up being a bigger emotional rollercoaster than most movies those guys usually love to jerk off about
>>
>>92236781
Again, how is Nebula herself changed at all by HER "arc"? Do you know what a character arc is supposed to be/do? Her staying with the same people she was with at the beginning of the movie is not a change.
>>
>>92236841
>no one in stories ever goes through dramatic changes in less than 6 months
No one is saying that. What is being said is people would be bitching if a person change in the same breath they discovered the need to change, it's not realistic.
>>
>>92236848
yeah, his motivation is awful. "I'm the only one like me so I gotta take over the universe!" but then he proceeds to make someone like him in Quill, thus nullifying his motivation.
>>
>>92236862
She forgives her sister and is no longer trying to murder her. How is that not changed?
>>
>Two beaners trying to convince people a movie is bad without having seen it: the thread
>>
>>92236885
I think you slept through why he needed Quill
>>
>>92236885
>yeah, his motivation is awful. "I'm the only one like me so I gotta take over the universe!" but then he proceeds to make someone like him in Quill, thus nullifying his motivation.

Oh my god, it's not like that's the whole fucking point or anything.
>>
>>92236883
>No one is saying that.
Holy shit learn to read.

That is literally he is saying.

> It takes months(minimum 6) to years for that to have any meaningful change.
>people would be bitching if a person change in the same breath they discovered the need to change, it's not realistic

But she had a whole arc to learn that she needed to change. Thats the whole point of an arc. Its not an arc if she doesnt change by the end of it.
>>
>>92236885
No offense but with a name like EGO it's kinda a given.
>>
>>92236952
Okay you are retarded.

The reason he needed quill to take over the universe is not the same thing as motivation.
>>
>>92236885
>hen he proceeds to make someone like him in Quill
He specifically said that he needed Quill in order for his plan to work. He needed the power of two celestials to make his plan work, hence why the goo stopped moving when Quill wasn't hooked up to the planet's core.
>>
A very good movie. Will go watch it again.
>>
>>92236885
It didn't help that every time he showed up, he got punked. Went out like a bitch too.
>>
>>92236959
Where in the movie is that ever, in anyway, highlighted as "the point"?
>>
AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW
>>
>>92236972
> It takes months(minimum 6) to years for that to have any meaningful change.
But that's true and how humans work.
>Its not an arc if she doesnt change by the end of it.
She wasn't trying to kill her sister anymore but you could tell that was effort on her part not to.
>>
Wait, people actually think Ego is a good villain? Hell, Mads Mikkelsen was a better villain and he was pretty average.
>>
>>92233671
They spell it out in the film. Rocket has a lot of insecurities and a low opinion of himself, which he believes will end up causing everyone to hate him and leave.

Rocket acts like a jerk and insults people and steals batteries he doesn't need as a way of feeling in control of people hating him and leaving.

Yondu calls him out on it cause he's the same way. Quill recognizes it but doesn't understand what Rocket is doing, and calls him out right before he leaves with his dad.

Did you not pay attention? It's a lot deeper arc for a cgi raccoon than I was expecting.
>>
>>92236992
Okay you are also retarded.

The reason he needed him to take over the world is not the same as his motivation.

His motivation is that because he is the only one of his kind he should take over the entire universe.
Making Quill means he no longer is the only one of his kind, thus he has no reason to take over the universe.
ALSO

>He needed the power of two celestials to make his plan work

But Quill didnt have any of his own power, he just channeled Ego's power. Did you even see the movie?
>>
>>92236443
>Draxx's arc
Understanding the depth of sadness he actually feels from the loss of his family. In the first movie he is overcome by rage over it, but in this one you really understand the sorrow to the character.

>Mantis's arc
Discovering self worth and independence. She compares herself to a flea, but a flea with a purpose. She realizes what her master is doing wrong and tries to help the Guardians by revealing his plan to them. Also acclimating to social interaction.

>Gamora's arc
There's the admittance of the "unspoken" romance between her and Quill, having been deflective and revealing it only unintentionally. There's also the development of Gamora and Nebula's relationship as sisters. Initially antagonistic because she didn't understand why Nebula truly hated her.

>Nebula's arc
We initially don't understand why Nebula hates Gamorra, but we as the audience and Gamorra come to realize Nebula is displacing her hatred onto Gamorra because she would be torn apart and put back together by Thanos whenever Gamorra beat her, and the only solace that she wanted from that pain and experience was a sister in Gamorra, who was not there for her. Nebula comes to forgive Gamorra and then leaves to destroy the true source of her pain, Thanos.

>Ego's arc.
A character who develops from a being utterly and totally alone, to a being falling in love and realizing that his love will prevent him from achieving his dream of not being truly alone, and having do something that truly broke his heart so he could achieve his dream, and having accepted and rationalized his faults will do all he can to make his dream a reality.
>>
>>92236991
>motivation was to take over the universe
>"one celestial could never accomplish this, but two..."

are we done here?
>>
>>92236767
>film student snobs

It's /tv/ shitposters. That board is pure cancer.
>>
>>92237085
So he was a generic doomsday villain?
>>
>>92237064
>The reason he needed him to take over the world is not the same as his motivation.
I never claimed that it was, I was specifically explaining why he needed Quill.
>His motivation is that because he is the only one of his kind he should take over the entire universe.
His motivation is that he is above the rest of the universe, and therefore should take over the universe.
>>
>>92231162
kinda felt too on the nose with all the "look, peter is supposed to only know of the 80s so here's another 80s reference, hidden in all the bright colors that the 80s is so famous for"

otherwise, it was ok
>>
>>92237007
The tragedy of the character is that he can't look past his own EGO to realize

>"that thing you're searching for your whole life was right there by your side along."

He could have had the companionship he wanted but he couldn't look past his devotion to his own ambition, even when it came to the immortal godless son he always wanted. I really don't know how the movie could have made it any clearer.
>>
>>92237105
Pretty much every villain in a superhero movie wants to conquer the universe. Having that motivation does not make them generic, there are more to characters than just their goal.
>>
>>92237038
>But that's true and how humans work.
No it isnt. As someone who comes from a family of alcoholics and people with abusive parents, it CAN take that long but people can also make changes rather quickly.

Its retarded to put some kind of arbitrary time limit on how long it takes for a person to change. I had a roommate that quit smoking weed basically the day he said he would, and completely got out of the "stoner" lifestyle in the space of two weeks.
And look at any fucking movie.

Does it take 6 months for Han to fall in love with Leia?

Does it take 6 months for Frodo to take on the burden of the Ring?
Does it take 6 months for Desmond Doss' dad to put on his uniform and help his son join the army?

Does it take 6 months for Clark Kent to decide to explore the world after his father dies in Superman: The Movie?

No it doesnt you stupid retard.
>>
>>92237038
>no one changes in an instant
>but nebula still changed in an instant

make up your mind
>>
>>92232979
Most cinemas auction off their posters and cut outs when they're done with them, ask them at the counter and they'll show you how it works
>>
>>92237105
Nope, he was ultimately loney. To a being such as him, life as it was, was dissapointing. Nothing was really like him, and so he endeavored to make everything like him. So he would not be alone.

By the time he met Quill's mother, this plan was well underway, but when he found a connection to something that would dissuade him from his greater goal, he had to break his own heart and do what he had to so he could not be truly alone.

Ego is a tragic character.
>>
>>92237124
no, it was pretty explicit that he thought he needed to take over the universe because he was above the rest of the universe AND the only one of his kind. You know to parallel how Rocket is the only one of his kind, and Draxx is too now, and Mantis, and Nebula, and Quill etc. It plays into the whole "family you choose" aspect you dumb ass.
>>
>>92237156
Stane didn't want to conquer the universe. Blonsky didn't want to conquer the universe. Whiplash, Loki, Mandarin, Pierce, Ultron, Zemo, and Kaecillius didn't want to conquer the universe. I'm just confused as to where all this praise for Ego is coming from since he seemed like such a boring, flat character to me.
>>
>>92232080

This is my favorite copypasta of the last month.
>>
>>92237085
Again, you are retarded. Motivation does not equal why he needs Quill.

His motivation for taking over universe is one thing.

The mechanics for how he does it is another.
But the mechanics for which he does it invalidates his motivation.
>>
>>92237226
>Nope, he was ultimately loney. To a being such as him, life as it was, was dissapointing. Nothing was really like him, and so he endeavored to make everything like him. So he would not be alone.

But he wasnt alone, he had Quill. So by making Quill to take over the universe, he has no reason to take over the universe.
>>
>>92237179
>As someone who comes from a family of alcoholics and people with abusive parents
this explains so much.
> it CAN take that long but people can also make changes rather quickly.

so you expect a woman that in her child hood was constantly fighting with her sister gladiator style and losing a part of her self each time she lost to just up and move on from all that over a single conversation?

>Does it take 6 months for Frodo to take on the burden of the Ring?
That's not in the same spectrum of what is being talk about here
>Does it take 6 months for Desmond Doss' dad to put on his uniform and help his son join the army?
once again this is no where close to the same context
>>
>>92237144
>"that thing you're searching for your whole life was right there by your side along."

But it wasnt by his side all along at all. Infact it just started being by his side.

Thats really a stretch, that line was more meant to be about Quill's search for family, not Ego's.
>>
>>92237283
>But the mechanics for which he does it invalidates his motivation.
But it doesn't, Ego says as much in the film. I'm done spoon feeding you.
>>
>>92233282
>He may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy

I never had a father and never will
>>
>>92237318
So you went from saying "humans take 6 months to change every single time" to "w-well in different contexts!"

Come on. This is pathetic backtracking.
>>
>>92237269
Not copypasta, good job being an idiot.
>>
>>92237105
Oh wow, this proves too quickly you didn't even watch the movie.

To make it short Ego has been trying to find something that makes him understand life and why he was created, so he went into a millenial quest to find the answer. However, bit by bit he starts to think HE is the answer, so he then goes to his plan planting his "seed" both literally and figurativelly, until he meets Peter's mom, who actually loved him, and Ego loved her too.

Then, he's so afraid that he wants to be a mortal human that decided to plant brain cancer in her, so that he can again go with his plan.

So yeah, it's what >>92237144 said, and that's why plenty of people think Ego's one of the best villains from Marvel, because he both feels human and inhuman at the same time, and he probably would have gotten a happier story had he not screwed himself due to HIS EGO.
>>
>>92237354
>Come on. This is pathetic backtracking.
anon that's all you have been doing since you shitted out that stupid post about how bad the arcs were.
>>
>>92237352
But it does. His motivation is that he is alone and better than everything so he needs to be everything.

When he makes quill he has an equal and is not alone.

Thus his motivation is invalid.
>>
>>92237206
Nebula didn't change in an instant, she changed over the course of the entire movie.
>>
>>92237390
>arguing against the idea that it takes 6 months to change is back tracking

please explain
>>
File: ay lil mama.png (98KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
ay lil mama.png
98KB, 405x405px
ITT: people on the most autistic board of 4chan pretending to know how people work
>>
>>92237374

Except I've seen it here, word for word.
>>
>>92237308
>But he wasnt alone, he had Quill. So by making Quill to take over the universe, he has no reason to take over the universe.

Did you miss the part where he wanted to enact his plan TOGETHER with Quill?

Not use him, but actually rule it as Father and Son?

And that it wasn't until Quill shot him and transgressed against him that he made Quill into a battery?

Let's not forget that will was only half-celestial. There was nothing truly like Ego. He truly has love and joy for Quill, but it is bittersweet.
>>
Christ, I hate movie threads on /co/. They're easily the shitties part of this board.
>>
>>92237354
>humans take 6 months to change every single time"
I'm loving at how much you keep changing the original quote to fit your agenda. Shows how mad you are.
>>
>>92237397

so it took less than 6 months for her to change then? you guys cant even agree. Did she change or not? Does it take 6 months or not?
>>
>>92237388
Thanks for disregarding my point of view and saying I didn't watch the movie instead. Really helped me understand where you're coming from.

Fear of being alone so he goes on to murder the universe isn't very interesting.
>>
>>92237423
No you havent. Its just similar complaints. Go find it in the archives if its copy pasta.
>>
>>92237427
>hat he made Quill into a battery?
But he isnt a battery because he just manipulate's ego's power. He has no power of his own.
>Did you miss the part where he wanted to enact his plan TOGETHER with Quill?
Did you miss the part where his WHOLE REASON to rule the universe is invalidated?
>>
>>92237447
>so it took less than 6 months for her to change then? you guys cant even agree. Did she change or not? Does it take 6 months or not?
She changed because she was able to have an actual, human interaction with her sister.
>>
>>92237461
>murder the universe

Not murder, remake. He was dissapointed in life, he didn't want to destroy it, he loved life, he just wanted to remake it.
>>
File: 1493074273080.png (108KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493074273080.png
108KB, 240x240px
>>92232080
fpbp
>>
>>92237330
I understand that, I was only using the quote to make the point that, like all the other characters in the movie, Ego was too caught up in chasing something he thought would solve his problems, when the solution was right there under his nose.

Unlike the other characters, when Ego was confronted with this notion and risked abandoning his search, he chose not to. In his quest to find meaning and shed his loneliness, he chose to exile himself, and thus remain lonely.
>>
>>92237431

I didnt change the quote. It implies that every single time after that revelation it would take 6 months. Can you not read?

also what about

>>92237397

Did she change or not?
>>
File: sexy voldemort.jpg (37KB, 480x299px) Image search: [Google]
sexy voldemort.jpg
37KB, 480x299px
>>92237497
I CREATE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ᴬnᵈ ᴵ ᵈᵉˢᵗʳᵒʸ ᶦᵗ
>>
>>92237496
so then you are saying
>>92236169
is wrong and she did change in less than 6 months?
>>
>>92233282
You know what scene got me?

Drax and the emotion alien touching him and she just starts the water works while he's sitting there with a big ol smile on his face like it's okay.

I don't known why that scene got to me the way it did, but it hit hard.
>>
>>92237535
First off, I'm a different person than the one you started arguing with.
>Did she change or not?
Yes. I literally just said that.
>>
>>92237533
Yeah okay thats fair. I still think Ego is dumb though, especially for a celestial.
>>
>>92237422
But this isn't /tv/, anon

...not yet anyways
>>
>>92237565
So it takes less than 6 months then?
>>92236169
is retarded?
>>
>>92237422
in fairness what's being talk about is actual psychology.
https://youtu.be/ux6TVYqdN-E?t=1h1m44s
jump to about 1:01:44.
>>
>>92231162
I think /tv/ needs to piss off.
>>
>>92237564
Probably because you're autistic
>>
>>92237640
>(((psychology)))
>>
>>92237486
>But he isnt a battery because he just manipulate's ego's power. He has no power of his own.

Anon, Ego LITERALLY says Quill will spend the next few thousands of years as a battery. How fucking dense are you? Did you seriously watch the movie?

>Did you miss the part where his WHOLE REASON to rule the universe is invalidated?

Must have, because that part never came up. Again, Peter is only HALF-celestial. Nothing in the universe is like Ego, and that is why Ego is dissapointed in it. He was alone, and after his plan was well underway, became scared of abandoning his plan because of his love for Quill's mother. So he reluctantly had to kill her, which broke his heart so bad he could not step on Earth again because she was not in it. Peter being Half-Celestial is something bittersweet to Ego, because he is similar to him, but still not like him.

Ego is a tragic villain. How are you not getting this? Your density is astounding.
>>
>>92237617
you have a real hate bonner for a single anon
>>
>>92233671
>Nah its pretty stupid.
He doesn't know what a raccoon is. All he knows is that Quill calls him it when he's being an asshole and also that Drax used to eat them as a child.
>>
File: 5222440108490.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
5222440108490.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>92237700
I'm just sharing where those numbers come from.
>>
>>92232080
>It was awful.
>>92232345
>It was good.
sasuga, /co/.
>>
>>92237666
I think you need to stop using that word until you understand what it means
>>
>>92237601
>I still think Ego is dumb though, especially for a celestial

Absolutely, and I think that's intentional. He may be omnipotent to a degree, but he's far from omniscient. He is so clearly not the God (or god, on the days he's feeling humble) he thinks himself to be.

I mean think about the way he breaks it to Quill about his mom, so casually, as if it what he's saying is totally normal and understandable. It never even occurred to Ego that this would piss Quill off.

This is also how you can tell that Ego really did care about Meredith and Peter, because he's opening up to his son. If he only wanted Quill for his powers then he would actively seek to hide it from Quill, probably while spinning a yarn about how it was impossible for him to find her again or something. He's sort of honest to a fault.
>>
>>92234066
yeah, going out of your way to rename the title after the website everyone on this board despises is definitely not shitposty or baity at all.

fucking retards, I swear to god.
>>
>>92237705
>Anon, Ego LITERALLY says Quill will spend the next few thousands of years as a battery. How fucking dense are you? Did you seriously watch the movie?

He also literally says he has no power of his own and can only channel the power near the planet. AND they make it clear he loses his powers because Ego dies. How dense are you?
>Ego is a tragic villain.

Because there is nothing tragic about remaking the universe out idiocy. His logic is just that "welp I guess im the most powerful thing, I should remake the universe!"
>>
Pretty good enjoyable (although ultimately disposable) flick. I'd probably put it just a hair below the first guardians due to some small pacing problems and generally less effective action set-pieces.

I recognize the many flaws of the film but still give it an overall positive reaction because it actually managed to form an emotional connection with the audience and got me to invest in and care about the characters. The majority of cape films these days completely fail to connect on any emotional level. Even ones that are relatively competent like Dr. Strange fail to engage me because I really just don't give a shit about Cumberbatch fighting an evil wizard or whatever. Logan and Guardian v2 are some of the only recent cape films that actually managed to make me care. I legit didn't want Yondu to die and was legitimately sad during his funeral. For all the films flaws, I have to give it props for making me actually care.
>>
>>92237854
>reeee reddit

grow up
>>
File: 135466735848.jpg (48KB, 502x459px) Image search: [Google]
135466735848.jpg
48KB, 502x459px
>>92231162
>film just launch
>Now that the dust has settled
>>
I never expected a Guardians of the Galaxy movie to be this divisive.
>>
>>92237873
>He also literally says he has no power of his own

Never says that. He says he can manipulate the light of the planet. Essentially Peter can use the power of the celestial in him to manipulate said light. Notice Ego doesn't say the light is him. The light of the planet is something connected to Celestials and Ego. The light gives celestials their power and immortality.

>they make it clear he loses his powers because Ego dies
Yes, because there is no light in the planet to manipulate. You seriously think because Ego died Peter is no longer Half-Celestial? Are you an idiot? Peter is still Half-Celestial, there is just no more light, so he cannot live as a god.
>>
>>92231162
I liked it. I'll have to watch it again because MCU movies tend to drop in quality on repeated viewing. Right now I'd say it is in my top 5, but that is where GotG was until I rewatched it a few times.
>>
It was alright. About the same as Dr Strange.
>>
>>92237873
>Because there is nothing tragic about remaking the universe out idiocy. His logic is just that "welp I guess im the most powerful thing, I should remake the universe!"

It's not idiocy, it's solipism. It's madness. He was consumed by himself because for millions of years all he had was himself and he was utterly alone. Did you miss the part where he emphasized how fucking alone he was?

Then finally, after all that time, he goes out to try and find something like him and he actually finds life, and it's nothing like him at all. It's utterly and totally disappointing. So he decides to remake it to be like him.

Now the tragedy truly comes in with his relationship to Quill's mother, how he admitted that she would have persuaded him to not go through with his plan, but having been utterly consumed by this drive, did the thing that totally broke his heart, and dared not return to an earth that didn't have her in it. Or did you also miss that part?
>>
>>92235832
Did you even watch this movie? He said it twice, point fucking blank, both times to Rocket. He was a Kree battle slave for twenty years before Stakar rescued him, and his parents sold him into slavery as a baby.

Pay attention, ffs.
>>
File: Star-Lord.Element.Gun_.jpg (87KB, 614x475px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Lord.Element.Gun_.jpg
87KB, 614x475px
>>92238054
I wish they would have had a moment where he absorbed a bit or maybe Rocket took a bit of the light and crafted the Element Gun.
>>
>>92237770
It's like /co/ isn't a hive mind

You must be used to your home board
>>
I liked it but anyone else feel it was kind of incomplete? Felt more like a side story, though I guess that may be because its more personal.
>>
>>92238475
It feels less complete because it's not tied into another movie in the greater MCU, and Stakar and his crew are introduced and briefly shown, but clearly have a bigger purpose.

Gunn has always intended it to be a trilogy, and GotG Vol. 3 isn't after the whole Infinity thing in the MCU.
>>
>>92238475
I think that is due to the shared universe. So far basically everything has been building to Infinity War in some way shape or form. While it has hints of it like Nebula going off to fight Thanos, it has no real continuation until the post credits with Adam Warlock who may or may not be a player in Infinity War.
>>
>>92231162
Pretty good.
On par with the first movie, which no degradation in a sequel is a rare thing.

Personally would have preferred like literally 1-3 less jokes in it since it felt it needed a joke to fill every gap but 95% of the humor was done well.
>>
>>92231162
It was a Marvel film, so it almost goes without saying that it was phenomenal.
>>
>>92238671
>who may or may not be a player in Infinity War.

He won't, Gunn's confirmed it. Warlock and Stakar's crew are hints to Vol 3 which isn't until after Infinity War.
>>
>>92234955

also both of them act like assholes so they don't have to bother getting close to anyone (specifically Quill for both of them)
>>
File: InfinityGauntlet6p30.jpg (235KB, 634x1023px) Image search: [Google]
InfinityGauntlet6p30.jpg
235KB, 634x1023px
>>92238772
Kind of a shame since he played such a large role in Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>92233286
>The Story of Nebula and her sister was BAD. One scene shes like yeah im going to kill Thanos, the next scene you see her flying a space ship trying to kill her sister
While I agree with you other point's she did say she's gonna kill her sister first
>>
What are the best cosmic Marvel comics?
>>
It was pretty hot when Gamorrah picked up that huge gun.
>>
The first 2/3 of the movie seemed like 5.4/10 in general while the last 1/3 of the movie was like 8.0/10.

The comedy in the first 2/3 of the movie was mostly not that good and some drax stuff seemed overdone. The Stallone scene in the snowy place seemed awkward.

The fight with the octopus seemed odd. I'm not sure why they were hided to fight this thing in particular if they were. Why wouldn't the people on the planet just shoot the octopus with rockets or something? Did they actually live on the planet for an extended period of time providing security services or something?

Groots dance scene at the beginning didn't seem that interesting to me, but maybe it was just supposed to be endearing but it wasn't really that endearing to me.

The part where Ayesha is seen talking to the people in the room of video game style drone controllers seemed kind of rushed somehow.

The Tazerface speech part wasn't too funny. The Ravagers in general seemed slightly lame and not that cool or at least interesting some other way like I might prefer in an action movie.

The movie was okay, it reminds me of Kong: Skull Island with it having some interesting ideas and the first 2/3 having some failings like with the comedy, but the last 1/3 being better. They also both had some good visuals.
>>
>>92238835
likely means that the top 4 choices to steal the gauntlet are:

Star Lord. Half of his team was part of the infinity watch so he might just distribute the gems to them and his whimsical nature makes it believable he give up ultimate power

Iron Man because RDJ star power

Dr.Strange his mystical arts and the way his organization works to safeguard items makes it an easy way to deal with the gauntlet

Odin Anthony Hopkins is on the list to show up and while it could be just to see him get jobbed it could make an easy set up for a god to deal with/solve the issue of the gauntlet

on a wildcard chance they could somehow destroy the gauntlet thus solving the whole problem.
>>
>>92239038
Is Ms. Marvel still slated to release between IG1 and IG2? If so I'd say she's the one who will take the gauntlet.
>>
>>92238990
>Why wouldn't the people on the planet just shoot the octopus with rockets or something?

You learn literally the scene after that in the throneroom that the Soverign would not risk their own perfect people to protect the batteries, so they hired the Guardians to do it in exchange for Nebula.
>>
>>92239081
No.
NonononononoNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 106s3n.jpg (58KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
106s3n.jpg
58KB, 300x453px
>>92239038
I'm not looking forward to how this is going to play out.
>>92239081
tentatively. however the Russo's have stated that the three films in between might not directly relate to the events of IW2 and might just be branching points of their own thing.
>>
>>92239307
Stan Lee takes it and locks it away.
>>
>>92239307
>>92239237
I suppose aslong as Ms. Marvel is good it wouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>92239381
It's going to be dyke-gurl-power Marvel and you know it.
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Power_Ring.png (31KB, 200x111px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Power_Ring.png
31KB, 200x111px
>>92239409
>>
>>92231162
>Now that the dust has settle
>What do we think of Redditors of the Galaxy vol.2

/tv/ faggtory aside. I loved it, the beginning is slow but the middle and end make up for it.
>>
File: 12345343.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
12345343.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>92239581
>>
File: 1482936803181.jpg (255KB, 743x883px) Image search: [Google]
1482936803181.jpg
255KB, 743x883px
>>92239581
And what good has hope done for us when the world shows us each day humanity going worse and worse, same with comics and movies?

This world only needs despair, for everyone to DIE, DIE FOR SNYD-I mean, DIE FOR DARKSEID!!
>>
File: ruby-rose-smile.jpg (502KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-rose-smile.jpg
502KB, 663x1000px
>>92239409
Why I wonder if the MCU will ever have a GENUINELY butch superheroine. Doesn't have to be stone butch or whatever, but pic related level at a minimum.
>>
>>92239715
her name is Nebula
>>
>>92239774
>nebula
>superheroine
Pick one.

>nebula
>around for more than 30 seconds at a time
Again, pick one.

Nebula is my sole MCU crush but she's barely there.
>>
>>92239774
I have to say she is incredibly attractive.
>>
>>92232080
ITT people who haven't watched the movie talk shit
>>
>>92234609
dude in the back is all "sit down you two"
>>
>>92239875
I can't wait to see her try to murder Thanos in Infinity War, fail miserably, then spend two movies getting her molecules rearranged into cool shapes
>>
>>92237564
because Drax is walking around with a million lb knapsack full of pain and emotional trauma.
>>
>>92233286
Rocket was always supposed to be an "Gnarled, wretched, angry little thing" according to Gunn. This only showed up in the bar scene in -1 but he has emotional issues due to horrific upbringing and the more he's around the crew the more he tries to keep from getting close to them by being an asshole. He finally mellows a bit after Yondu calls him out on his shit.
>>
Pros:
I liked the soundtrack more
Visuals were so fucking amazing
Seeing Ego actually become Ego from the comics.
Cons:
Did not care about the Sovereign or Taserface
Too many jokes. I'm fine with comedy in these films, but after a while it just gets grating. (Lol my dick is pretty great)
Not enough Drax
>>
>>92234487
He knows Quill thinks raccoons are a lower life form. He doesn't like being considered a "thing" rather than a person.
>>
>>92238248
His guns are already element guns, they shoot flame streams, energy blasts and electrical blasts
>>
>more quips, less action

Meh, it was okay.Honestly this movie was saved by Kurt Russel and the soundtrack.

6/10
>>
>>92240228
>not Michael Rooker
>>
>>92237128
Actually there's a lot of 70s in the movie, probably in reference to Ego's time on Earth. Well, and to 70s Cosmic Marvel.

>>92238039
A lot of people here bash the first for QUIPS and DANCE-OFF BRO, and that's even not comparing it to the source material.

>>92238935
There's a recommendation list image, but for modern cosmic, start with Annihilation, then Annihilation: Conquest, the follow the spin-offs until The Thanos Imperative.

>>92238953
That was actually cool.

>>92238990
>Groots dance scene at the beginning didn't seem that interesting to me, but maybe it was just supposed to be endearing but it wasn't really that endearing to me.
Yeah, I thought it kinda stretched for too long. It was cool as an after credits scene, but don't overdo it.
>>
>>92240252
>>92240228
The cast was pretty good over all. My only real problem is with Chris Pratt dropping the ball on some of the lines in the more dramatic scenes. His body language was great tho and that scene where he shoots Ego as soon as he says he killed his mom was golden.
>>
>>92240285
I don't get why people have such a big problem with the Dance Off scene. It is a pretty standard trope, but they act like it is the movie going lolsorandum.
>>
>>92240356
Because they're still as confused as Ronan in the movie. They don't understand the whole point was to distract him (he probably doesn't even know about dancing) long enough to get the power orb/stone
>>
>>92238039
James Gunn seems to be good at making divisive movies. Most people I show Super to either love it or hate.
>>
>>92239092
That's also why all their ships are remote piloted
Not a single gold person dies in this movie.
>>
>>92234133
>It's stupid using the supposedly same character and changing his personality.
Well, I guess the Ultimate universe is stupid then.
The sooner you start to treat the MCU as an elseworld, the sooner you'll calm down.
>>
>>92231162
It was fine, really just more of the first movie.
Plot was predictable, story was meh overall but that's not what you go to a movie like this for.
My only real complaints is the Guardians still didn't seem too friendly with each other. That line of about always yelling at each other came off as really cheesy and almost like damage control. They could have at least had the team joking a little more in the opening battle, even if it meant no ELO.
It has the problem a lot of these sequels have of too much polish. In the first one characters were a little rougher and more flexible. But now that they defined their mold, they're stuck in it. Like Star-Lord's hair and beard being so immaculate, and Draxs role as comic relief. There's not a lot of room for the characters to act out of line when they need to.
>>
>>92233591
>Rocket has a lengthy scene where he takes great pleasure in murdering and torturing people in entertaining and creative ways
>Yondu has a lengthy scene where he takes great pleasure in murdering and torturing his mutinous crew in entertaining and creative ways
>"without ever showing scenes to support this"
>>
>>92241453
don't forget that they're both caustic sassy assholes
>>
File: well it did.png (225KB, 579x431px) Image search: [Google]
well it did.png
225KB, 579x431px
>>92231162
Needed more best husbando Rocket.

As it stands, I think I mightve actually liked Sing better when it comes to recent childrens movies.
>>
>>92237886
>generally less effective action set-pieces.

That's the only part of your criticism that I take issue with. The action set pieces in the first film are just awful. Easily its biggest flaw, considering it's meant to be an action film. The prison escape sequence is the only one that I'd consider passable, and even then for the humor beats that work and the great visuals the actual fighting in it is awful. Gamora VS. Nebula is very nearly Dark Knight Returns tier, that fight is abysmal. Yondu's arrow sequence was repeated in the sequel so the actual impact on the viewer is diminished, like you said, but it's so much more inventive and creative this time, partly because it's an extended sequence rather than a quick minute long set-up and punchline. Gunn really learned his lesson from the first one in the sequel, he's much better at coming up with cool visuals and gags than he is directing an actual fight scene, so the action set pieces in this are mostly either based around spaceships flying around (cool visuals), or a succession of visually creative one-sided battles with little tension but a lot of gags, which is almost as entertaining. I think it works a hell of a lot better in this one than it did in the original.
>>
Just left the theater after seeing it.

I liked it.
I went in with only three requirements:
That Drax be funny, that Groot be cute, and that Mantis not be a stiff (I wanted a fun female this time around since I thought Gamora was drab in the first one)

The movie met those requirements.

But as an actual story, I honestly didn't care about the plot at all.

The ravager mutiny was probably the highlight, but I gave zero shits about Gamora and Nebula's sisterly feud, and I didn't buy it's resolution. The rest was pretty buy the numbers, nothing amazing, but nothing that offended me either.
>>
File: 1392858069347.png (623KB, 450x862px) Image search: [Google]
1392858069347.png
623KB, 450x862px
>>92231162
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Started off a bit weak, to the point where I was starting to get worried about 20 minutes in. But once the story got going, it had some really strong scenes.

Things I didn't like:

Drax felt flanderized. Drax actually had a nice little arc in the first one. In this, he was about the only character without one. Kept expecting him and Mantis to get some sort of father / daughter thing going, consider he lost his family, and the only father figure she had was Ego. But it just never seemed happened.

Baby Groot. Never been a fan of 'baby' anything. First movie defied all odds and made Groot feel like an actual character instead of a one off punchline. He felt pretty regressive here, like a mascot made to sell funko-pops.

Pac-man. I get it, the callback. But 'The Chain' kicking in as Peter starts to turn the tide was so good, and then just.. Pac-man.

Stuff I loved:

Mary Poppin's. People gave this movie shit for Mantis going against the grain of show-don't-tell, but this exchange was such a great way to give insight to Peter and Yondu's relationship without explicitly stating it.

Lots of cosmic stuff sprinkled in. Classic team, Adam's cocoon, the Watcher. I get that this won't add much for a lot of viewers, but I can't help but smile at stuff like this.

Gunn also manages to balance a group of characters so much better than a lot of directors. I liked Civil War quite a bit, but compared to this, a majority of the characters in that film just show up for the airport scene then peace it.
>>
>>92244485
What'd you think of the scene where Drax was talking about his wife and kid and Mantis touched his arm and she just started sobbing while he sat there calmly?
>>
>>92244618
Not him, but I thought it was good. But his character never actually changes or has any development in the movie.
>>
>>92244485
>Baby Groot. Never been a fan of 'baby' anything. First movie defied all odds and made Groot feel like an actual character instead of a one off punchline. He felt pretty regressive here, like a mascot made to sell funko-pops

I have to disagree. It got a little excessive a couple times but it was pretty restrained for the most part and genuinely funny at others. And emotional sometimes too. It works for the narrative since it's all about fathers and family and raisin', and felt like the end (sitting on Quill's lap to Father and Son, reaching for Gamora, and falling asleep on Drax's shoulder) voided any complaints I had. At the end of the day he was an actual character reacting like a child to all the crazy shit that his family is constantly surrounded by.
>>
>>92244752
I see where you're coming from. But I've gotta be honest, Baby Groot was fucking tiring by the end of the GOTG 1 credit sequence. Keeping him like that in this movie was a terrible, awful mistake. He's cute at times, sure, but it's such a massive step backward for the character.
And the worst part is it that it's so blatantly done for the sole purpose of merchandising.
>>
>>92244819
>>>92244752 (You) #
>but it's such a massive step backward for the character

I disagree, I think it's an important step forward. It would have been easy to return him to normal and do the same Gentle Giant thing again, but instead we get to see the experience of being raised by these people. He's going to be a very different Groot by the time of Infinity War.

>And the worst part is it that it's so blatantly done for the sole purpose of merchandising.

Again, I disagree. Not that I think it wasn't considered, but his role in the movie wasn't just to be a cute mascot. In fact outside of the opening and the "getting the fin" scene he was pretty low-key. And he was ultimately important to the plot (releasing Nebula, getting the fin, planting the bomb) and complimented the narrative about parents and children nicely too.
>>
>>92244752
>And emotional sometimes too
I mean, I admit I felt pretty bad when the ravagers were bullying him. But dancing Groot at the start, It just doesn't do anything for me.
>reacting like a child to all the crazy shit
Honestly that might've been the thing that bugs me about it. Like I said in the other post, baby characters just aren't really my thing. If it was like the DnA run where small Groot is literally just a smaller, twiggy version of Groot, maybe it would've sit better with me.

>>92244618
Like the other anon said, it was a good use of Mantis' character, revealing repressive feelings and all that. But Drax didn't really react to it at all. Actually would've been a good jumping off point for a longer conversation about their pasts.
>>
>>92244819
But he's NOT Groot. He is quite literally Groot's infant son. He is an entirely different character who just happens to share the exact DNA of the original. His entire dynamic with the other Guardians is different and reflects that. Drax hates him and wants the cooler older Groot back, Rocket is more nurturing with him, he brings out Gamora's maternal instincts, Quill doesn't know what to do with him. You can not like it and find it tiring, that's more than fair, but it's not a step backwards for the character when you're dealing with an entirely different character.

>>92244726
Yeah, his character arc is basically done in the first film. You see how much he's changed in this one, but it all dveloped in the first film.
>>
>>92245022
Under no circumstance do I rate "turn Groot into a baby" as a more difficult or creative narrative decision than "make Groot contribute to the team and develop his character".
>>92245140
Dog, Groot's done this shit in the comics before, there's never been any point when he refers to the main body that died as his "father". It's just Groot.

And fuck, what you said about Drax is just depressing. That's all his character can be developed to? He's now stuck forever as the team clown that isn't even physically useful in a fight? There's got to be more than that, and the movie just didn't try with him.
>>
>>92245403
>Under no circumstance do I rate "turn Groot into a baby" as a more difficult or creative narrative decision than "make Groot contribute to the team and develop his character".

I respect that you don't care for it, but he did contribute to the team in multiple ways and it did develop his character in a way that doesn't render his sacrifice in the first movie pointless. Thisnmovie didn't treat him exclusively as a cute joke, he had as much character as anyone else.
>>
>>92245140
>He is quite literally Groot's infant son.
Dunno if I agree with this. Like I agree that being re-raised around the team is going to affect both him and the others, but I don't know if it's accurate to say he's concretely, definitively a new character. Someone might actually want to pester Gunn on twitter about this, see if we can get some word of God going here.
>>
>>92231162
>Now that the dust has settled, what do we
Fuck off back to /tv/ and learn to write in something other than memes. Thanks.
>>
>>92245403
>Under no circumstance do I rate "turn Groot into a baby" as a more difficult or creative narrative decision than "make Groot contribute to the team and develop his character".

That was his angst throughout Volume 2. He went from being a respected powerhouse on the team to "an infantilized sequoia" that everyone babied and he hated it except for at the end. He became a pantomime encapsulation of Quill and Rocket's desire to be respected and taken seriously when it was the qualities that made him an oddball that ultimately helped save the day.
>>
The DBZ fight between Ego and Peter was really dumb and making a Pac-Man construct was pretty cringey
>>
If GotG 2 takes place in 2014, why didn't anyone notice the giant fucking blob eating up shit and is never talked about.
I understand it was probably an oversight but still, that's a pretty massive, planet eating oversight.
>>
>>92231162
I think Ops like this should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>92231162
Man, if this movie got shitty reviews, the "It's not ripe" scene with Nebula would've been perfect for shit posting.
>>
It was meh
>>
>>92240622
>>92239092
how are they risking their own people if they could use a drone? it also seemed weird that they were able to predict that such a small octopus was going to land on their place and got the Guardians there in time to fight it. were the guardians living in that area just in case something came that they cou fight for the gold people
>>
>>92245910
Localized disaster in a rural area. It would have been in the news for a little while but after a few weeks nobody but FEMA and locals would care. There was a landslide in Oregon a few years back that buried a whole subdivision and if there hadn't been a NOVA episode about it I wouldn't even know.
>>
>>92246613
The drone pilots weren't very good shots. They were probably worried someone would hit a battery and the whole place would go up in a searing flash.
>>
>>92246636
That's a load of horseshit, it wasn't a natural disaster so there's a huge fucking reason for the Avengers to check it out.
>>
>>92246701
they'll just put a flashback on agents of shield of them investigating it
>>
did ego say that ravagers were were the ones that delivered his kids to him. isn't that kind of weird? why would he only hire them? how many ravagers are there? does anyone remembered over how long of a period of time he was going around impregnating various aliens and having the offspring delivered to him? how long have the ravagers even existed for?
>>
>>92246774
Agents of Shield isn't a part of the Movie universe and won't crossover with it whereas the huge spore blob is a part of the movies and won't be brought up since it's in the past. What an annoyance.
>>
>>92246701
It lasted like five minutes. Unless CIvil War (or Avengers 1 or whatever) happened at exactly the same time it wouldn't show up in the movie.
>>
>>92246924
To add to this question, why did Sylvester Stallone fire Yondu for something he did 20 years ago?
>>
>>92247093
He didn't. He'd been fired for a while, from the sound of things. Yondu just happened to get to talk to him at the space whorehouse.
>>
>>92247403
Really? Because the way that scene played out implied that this was a new low for Yondu, and that him getting fired was specifically shown to erode his crew's trust in him. Did they just not know he was fired? Do the Ravagers not ever have gatherings or anything? Or e-mail?
>>
>>92247477
I can't prove that the actual exile happened years before, but it stands to reason. Unless they just found out about the kid thing, which I suppose is possible.
>>
Were the Sovereign ship arcade game sound effects from an actual game?
>>
>>92247538
I don't know, it just felt clunky to me. Too much plot convenience for my taste.
>>
>>92247477
I think the reason his crew reacted like that was because he took the abuse instead of fighting Stallone or something.
>>
>>92247627
He told him to fuck off if I remember correctly. Did they expect Yondu to kill Stallone?
>>
>>92247705
He had a fit, got BTFO'd and took it.
>>
>>92233891
>>92233935
>>92233820
go be edgy contrarians somewhere else
>>
>>92246926
It's such a non-issue to worry about though. I'm sure there's plenty of weird shit that happens off-screen, the movie doesn't even focus on Earth long enough to know if the Avengers tried to respond. Or maybe they'll mention it come Infinity War. Who cares?
>>
File: morgana.jpg (69KB, 570x633px) Image search: [Google]
morgana.jpg
69KB, 570x633px
>/tv/ once again attempts to be avant garde contrarians to seem smart
Sorry this film isn't more forced meme material like Baneshit you autistic pedophiles
>>
File: 1186307046922.png (479KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1186307046922.png
479KB, 640x480px
>>92232830
>>
File: [Worried Chewing].gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
[Worried Chewing].gif
140KB, 379x440px
So, there's no way Ego is dead, right?

I kind of want to see him again somehow, and I figure there's no way Marvel would fight to get his rights back for just one appearance.
>>
I remember after the first one came out there were a few threads dedicated to guessing what songs would be on Vol. 2. Did we get any right?
Can we do it again?
>>
>>92231162
I liked it more tnan first.
And I watched a marathon
>>
>WRONG WINK AGAIN? XD
>MUH NIPPLES MUH BIG SHIT HAAHAHAHAHAHA XD
>PENIS XD
>I'M SOCIALY RETARDED XD
>I'M TSUNDERE ARHYTIPE XD
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SISTERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
God fucking damnit, it was worse than SS
>>
>>92250035
Someone called Mr Blue Sky
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/64946137/#64949557

Me, I'm gonna guess we'll see BJ Thomas's version of Hooked on a Feeling.
>>
>>92250711
If they're going to use anyone's cover of Hooked on a Feeling, they'd use the Hoff's. I don't know how anyone would be able to resist the poetry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8
>>
>>92250711
>Guardians Vol. 3 will be the end of the original line up
They have to have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TcztyNlFx0
>>
>>92232080
Hey just like Deadpool!
>>
File: IMG_1284.gif (368KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1284.gif
368KB, 500x208px
>>92250928
>>
>>92250982
Are we finally at the point where everyone generally agrees that Deadpool was a perfectly acceptable 6/10?
>>
>>92251001
It even gets weird and space focused in the lyrics. I hope I'm right. This would fuck me up
>>
>>92251002
GotG > Deadpool

Even though it stuck better to its source material the dark humor felt too hard pressed and generally unfunny. Also I had the idea of using Wham songs in films way before anybody else did, especially the ones from MIB.
>>
>>92231162
I liked it.
>>
>>92233299
>"flark"
>Uses a Bendis word instead of "d'ast"

Opinion immediately disqualified.
>>
fuck off OP
>>
>>92236776
Based AntMan
>>
>>92237066
Contrarians BTFO
>>
>>92231162
>Now that the dust has settled
Bitch, I'm still waiting for a good camrip.
>>
>>92240797
>Well, I guess the Ultimate universe is stupid then.
It was, THANK YOU. It also sucked when it basically leaked into real Marvel and the movies.

>>92245545
>it did develop his character
It was a different character, that's not development.

>>92245403
Comics Groot was still himself, retained memory etc.

>>92245697
I think Gunn already confirmed that on twitter.

>>92245791
I didn't like this either.

>>92252305
Almost sure flark had been used either on Annihilation or DnA's run, how else would I even know about it?
I admit I done fucked up for forgetting d'ast.
>>
>>92231162
>using Reddit as a pejorative when reddit and 4Chan are basically made up of the same user base at this point

I love this meme
>>
>>92250035
>>92250711
I remember, vividly, that someone also called word for word that the walkman would get trashed in a fight and he'd get a Zune. It was just that it would've been during Avengers. Hope someone screen capped that shit.
>>
File: 1464153150782.png (41KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1464153150782.png
41KB, 1790x1640px
The best part about the release of any Marvel movie is the sheer amount of asspain it causes /tv/tards to have and how it causes them to suddenly become film and art """"""critics""""" of the highest caliber.

I love being /lit/ and /ic/ master race and being infinitely more superior to ALL /tv/ babbies.
>>
>>92248694
>So, there's no way Ego is dead, right?
In theory, one of bits of himself could have survived somewhere. Since it isn't established what Ego actually IS, there is no need to pin his survival on anything concrete. However just like Red Skull, Marvel has no reason to reuse him at the moment. Ego will be put in storage until the plot needed him.
>>
>>92248694
>I figure there's no way Marvel would fight to get his rights back for just one appearance.
You should realise by now that Ego was the entire film. And that without him there is no climax. And it's not like he could be substituted, he isn't some generic humanoid alien.
>>
>>92236071
hEY! he killed that tentacle monster all by himself and with no help from the inside
>>
>>92257267
yeah i remember that too, and i lol with the zune part
>>
>>92252305
Flark isn't Bendis you fucking poser
>>
>>92237392
Ego was conflicted. His mission to recreate the universe gave his life meaning, but he also enjoyed the companionship given to him by Meredith.

Creating a son allowed him to have both. To use the metaphor from the song Brandy, Ego saw himself as the only sailor and wanted to make someone else who loved the sea.

It's also worth noting that he initially seemed to be mind controlling Peter, or at least influencing him. You could argue he was turning Peter into himself, just like he was doing with the planet.
>>
>>92247627
Plus the fact that they were still annoyed about Yondu making them play hero in the first movie
>>
If ya'll didn't think Ego The Living Planet wasn't the dopest shit then ya'll can get the fuck off this planet right now.
>>
I was really thinking that after uh bug lady said she was empathic by touch, she'd say something about how Rocket was feeling when she pet him. I thought for sure it would come up, but it never did.
>>
>>92237896
>Completely missing the point

/tv/ needs to be banned on sight
>>
>>92259078
lol he says y'all like the southerner character xD

christ, this movie was garbage.
>>
>>92232585
It's because the mods put a word filter to change redditors to redditors. Go ahead, try to type out "redditors" right now. It's literally impossible to type redditors without it being chaged to redditors right now.
>>
>>92231162
I really liked it. Most of the jokes were funny and it had great action. The interaction of Gamora with Nebula should have been cut a little bit but everything else was good.
>>
>>92260626
>the only serious interaction should have been cut, I want more childish cartoony gags
>>
File: 1484263728019.jpg (73KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484263728019.jpg
73KB, 520x800px
Honestly, it did nothing for me. However, my kids loved it.
>>
>>92247827
Autism
>>
I enjoyed as I watched it but I know that I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it again.
>>
File: poetry 2.jpg (93KB, 350x524px) Image search: [Google]
poetry 2.jpg
93KB, 350x524px
>rockets last lines in v1 are about stealing something for fun
>that is what he does in v2
>>
>>92259617
He snapped at her the second she touched his fur. Maybe she needs flesh to flesh contact.
>>
WE GOTTA WHAM
BAM
SHANG-A-LANG
AND A SHA LA LA LA LA LA
THING
>>
>300+ posts
>109 posters

Kek
>>
File: 1463179369489.jpg (81KB, 539x568px) Image search: [Google]
1463179369489.jpg
81KB, 539x568px
I want to like this franchise more because I love cosmic shit, but I just can't get into Gunn's GotG. I know people like to meme that the Guardians are so much better than The Avengers, but I honestly just can't give a shit about any of these characters. Rocket was the only one I sort of enjoyed in the first movie, but in this one he wasn't given much to do.

I'll take Cap, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Vision, Black Panther etc. over any of the GotG members. At this point I just hope they won't have that much screentime in Infinity War because I'd rather see other MCU characters get the spotlight. I'll even take more overexposure of Tony Stark instead, at least he has some depth and character development to him. On a more positive note, Vol. 2 soundtrack is amazing.
>>
>>92263735
>you're not allowed to actually discuss things, only memepost
>>
>yfw they introduce Ghost Rider in Infinity War the way they introduced Spidey in Civil War
>yfw it's Robbie Reyes
>>
>>92235037
THIS

My dad left us when I was 6 in 1985. My maternal grandparents were both dead and my mom had no family to help her out. She worked 2 jobs at a factory and as a waitress to support herself and a son. I barely saw her because she was exhausted from work and I remember there were times when dinner was Pop Tarts and RC Cola.

I didn't have anyone to teach me how to fix cars, shave, teach me to play catch, or even how to fight. Luckily, my neighborhood Craig was the chillest dude ever. He was 5 years older than me and was the brother I never had. He gave me his collection of baseball cards, his DC and Marvel issues from the 70's (which is why I love comics to this day thanks to him), his Battlestar Galactica collectibles, and taught me how to play the guitar. Unfortunately he moved when I was 11, but at least he helped me during a critical time in my life.

Even though Peter was abducted just minutes after his mom passed away and it was obviously a traumatic experience to be away from Earth and everything you knew, Yondu gave Peter a new home; a sense of belonging, a new place to start over and put aside the pain and memories of his mom's brain cancer. I'd gladly have a Yondu over the asshole who never contacted me in 32 years or even send a birthday card.

Even in the 1st GOTG film, you could obviously tell that Yondu was fond of Peter even if he wouldn't admit to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-IeoqUMP4

Fuck, this thread is making me want to find Craig and reach out to him now. I haven't thought of him since 1990...
>>
>>92264325
shitposting is about getting a response, literally any response, and you just gave him one
good job anon
>>
>>92264733
>Thanos steals the Time Stone from Strange, leaving his power vastly reduced
>Throughout Infinity War he is poring over his collection of tomes. looking for more powerful spells
>In one scene he is attempting to summon a powerful entity but is interrupted by another character
>In the final battle with Thanos Strange tears open a dimensional portal, and when questioned claims he is summoning "backup"
>pic related
>>
>>92231162
One of the few marvel movies on the same level as MoS and BvS. That is to say, trash
>>
>>92265150
Man, I feel like I should give your mother a card.
>>
So will Netflix's Defenders show up in Infinity War?
>>
File: insult to life itself.png (902KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
insult to life itself.png
902KB, 1280x720px
>>92233043
>one of the best MCU movies yet
>def the best MCU villain yet
Pick one.
>>
>>92265150
>RC Cola

Heh, sounds like you ain't too far away from my own situation. Not too far at all...

Respect, anon, you and your mama. We are Groot.
>>
>>92233321
I too watched Half in the Bag
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.