[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightwing: The New Order announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 449
Thread images: 31

File: Nightwing-The-New-Order-1-Cover.jpg (209KB, 1024x1554px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing-The-New-Order-1-Cover.jpg
209KB, 1024x1554px
>NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER is the story of a future world without “weapons”—where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed. The man responsible? None other than Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Nightwing, now leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers. But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.

The Regime: Dick Grayson Edition

http://www.cbr.com/nightwing-dick-grayson-kills-dc-universe/
>>
>>92227798
>>
>>92227810
Et tu, Grayson?
>>
oh this sounds kind of interesting, maybe I'll add it to m-

>from writer Kyle Higgins and artist Trevor McCarthy

no thank you
>>
>>92227798
Cool. It looks great. Really want to see how future Jason or Damian are.
>>
>>92227824
>>
>>92227847
>>
File: Nightwing-The-New-Order-2-Cover.jpg (197KB, 1024x1554px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing-The-New-Order-2-Cover.jpg
197KB, 1024x1554px
>>92227862
Variant cover
>>
File: 1485813018884.jpg (19KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1485813018884.jpg
19KB, 403x389px
>>92227798
What the fuck is this shit?

>leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers
He decided to outlaw supe users, okay.

>when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years

Then why the fuck did he bother hunting them? They were all his allies in the first fucking place.

Sounds pretty shit tbqh. Probably the solicit wording though.
>>
>>92227977
Here's the rest of the article.

> For many DC Comics fans, Dick Grayson — aka the original Robin, former Batman and current Nightwing — is quite simply the most pure and true hero in the DC Universe.

>What, then, could drive him to not only stand against his fellow superheroes, but to hunt them down and kill them?

>That’s the question to be explored in Nightwing: The New Order, a new miniseries arriving this summer from writer Kyle Higgins and artist Trevor McCarthy. Announced via Screen Rant, The New Order is “the story of a future world… where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed.” At the center of this is Grayson and his team of Crusaders, who have systematically hunted down and eliminated those with meta human abilities.
>>
>>92227798
Uh huh. Two things.

1) So the premise is that Dick helps eliminate superpowers, but suddenly he's against the idea once it starts to affect his loved ones. Douche. Also, he apparently takes offense at the Bat Family being shat on, but not the Titans. Dick Grayson is a total cunt apparently.

2) Yet another story about superpowers being disabled on a massive scale. That will always be incredibly stupid due to the differing natures of various superpowers. Clark's powers are biological, Diana's are divine, etc. The X-Men could get away with this plot because mutant powers all stem from the same source, but you can't use the mutant cure on Spider-Man. Did we learn nothing from Act of God? This is a dumb idea.
>>
>>92227798
Lmao.
>>
>>92228027
Didn't mean to link that post, sorry.

>“My all-time favorite DC books throw characters we know and love into future worlds that are equal parts familiar and terrifying, laced with moral issues that aren’t black and white or easily solved,” Higgins told Screen Rant. “Ultimately, these stories say something about our world. And that’s what we are aiming to do with this Nightwing series, through the lens of a future generation of heroes.”

>Whether Nightwing: The New Order is in continuity has not been formally announced, but considering the series opens with the death of the Man of Steel “twelve years ago,” and the DCU is currently embroiled in the unfolding Rebirth mega-event storyline, it’s a safe bet that we’re not really looking at how the Justice League dies. That said, seeing Nightwing kill Superman in cold blood is a bit disquieting. Higgins and McCarthy are going to have a challenge ahead of them if they want to convince Dick Grayson fans that there’s a good reason their hero is slated to eventually break bad.

>>92228031
I was gonna say "it's probably an elseworlds" but the description's keeping it ambiguous.
>>
>>92227798
I don't like this. Also stop letting Higgins write Nightwing he never fails to make him boring.
>>
>>92227798
>Secret Empire: Nightwing
>Dick is Trump

I guess?
>>
>>92227847
>Clark in trunks
>new52 Wondy
>Dr Light and old Dick
So I take it this is super far out of canon, not even related to metal/Dark Days
>>
>>92227798
This sounds like a much shittier version of Grayson.

They need to realize Grayson is A list now and keep literal whos away from him.
>>
So the premise is basically Dick Grayson going fascist?
>>
>>92227798
is that canon What is that?
>>
>>92227828
he did an alright Batman Beyond, though I haven't read his Nightwing
>>
File: DiCaprio Face.jpg (10KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
DiCaprio Face.jpg
10KB, 384x288px
>>92227798
Errr sure?
This doesn't exactly make sense, but I'll reserve judgment until I know more

>Nightwing: The New Order arrives in stores August 23, 2017
That soon? When is Dark Matter starting?
>>
>>92227798
What in the fuck
>>
>>92228140
>Dick Grayson going fascist?
Oh sweet Jesus a guy they think is a Gypsy going Nazi. This is going to be DC's Secret Empire isn't it?
>>
>>92228153
Miniseries. It doesn't seem to be canon (since Dick offed Superman in the opening pages).
>>
>>92228158
It was very dull
>>
>>92228222
it's a miniseries and it's clearly out of canon. It'll barely make a blip in the radar
>>
>>92228117
>They need to realize Grayson is A list now
Which is probably why they're pushing him since he has his own book, is main character in a team book, and is now getting his own mini where he kills the DC universe. What do you Dickfags want?
>>
>>92228326
I-I'd love a mini where he saves the DC universe...
>>
>>92228071
>Whether Nightwing: The New Order is in continuity has not been formally announced
Why the fuck would it be
>>
>>92228326
>What do you Dickfags want?

Morrison again

Seeley doing his best Moz impression was good though
>>
>>92228347
What if there was a mini where he fucks the DCU? Like literally that personification of it from JL/Avengers
>>
>>92228031
>he apparently takes offense at the Bat Family being shat on, but not the Titans.
Actually, the Bat-Family hasn't been mentioned in this thing yet. The variant seems to imply that Dick has a metahuman kid (or at least, that's what I'm starting to get from it).
>>
>>92228095
Well Supes did have that outfit in this continuity now, but yeah, it's obviously not canon
>>
>>92228222
If injustice didn't start a stink, even though it's in a different timeline. This won't either.
>>
>>92228382
I'd rather have that then this edgy "kills the DC universe" cancer.
>>
>>92228347
You'll get the shock factor of DC's nice guy going Deadpool and like it mister.
>>
>>92227845
At least one other Robin will be leading a resistance, guaranteed.
>>
>>92228420
Honestly I don't really mind this. I just wish someone better than Higgins was writing it. Edgy Elseworlds can be alright.
>>
>>92227798
>Elseworlds are back

Neat. Weird premise, but i'll take it. Been a while since a Big 2 book suprised me.
>>
>>92228462
True I would probably feel better if someone other then Higgins was writing. Just such an underwhelming name to be writing Dick, AGAIN.
>>
>An Elseworld where Dick isn't shat on

Intrigued so far
>>
>Elseworlds are back.
Neat. So this is like a fascist Nightwing version of Red Son?
>>
Original sauce: http://screenrant.com/nightwing-new-order-dc-comic/

Writer: Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
Artist: Trevor McCarthy (Aquaman, Klarion)

>>92227891
>implying
It's actually #2's regular cover
>>
>>92228657
>A supremacist who turns 180 when he realizes his actions can hurt his own family
>Not being shat on
Hey at least it's him shitting on others this time.
>>
>>92228326
A book that isn't going to sell is hurting the character not helping him.
>>
>>92227798
>Higgins

Ehhhh

If editorial isn't all over his ass this might be okay
>>
>>92227798
So is this an alternate future of an elseworld orrrr

Because if it's an elseworld, that's pretty cute that he gets one because Batman has the most
>>
>>92229050
The description implies that it's an alternate future, but it seems to be played like an Elseworld.
>>
The Crusaders try to kill Dick's kid with Starfire. Neat.
>>
I kind of feel like this would have been better as a "What if Lex won?" Elseworld.
>>
>>92228206
Oh shit that's my birthday. Yeah I'm not picking it up.
>>
I don't think it's a good to do this kind of story after the clusterfunk that it's HydraCap even if it is elseworld story.

Also, Dick sounds like a hypocrite douchebag.
>>
>>92227798
REEEEE I want Shazam, JSA, the Question, LoSH or Booster not an unimportant elseworlds by a talentless hack with a very Secret Empire-ish plot
>>
>>92228117
>Grayson is A list now
Lmao. That's why he keeps reverting to being Batman's fucktoy.
>>
>>92228420
>then
>>
>>92227824
>Superman has his red tights
What?
>>
>>92229853

Rebirth.
>>
>>92228326
I'm not his fan, but I can't blame them for worrying because this could end up very badly for Dick.
>>
>>92228357
Because for some people, continuity trumps story.
>>
>>92229867

Why?
>>
>Higgins to write Nightwing again
Rebirth? More like Rehash. I don't know how anyone can even defend Johns as a higher up?
>>
>>92229824
I wish he were Batmans fucktoy
>>
>>92228206
It probably ties in the Metal. I bet there will be a couple more of these AU minis
>>
>>92228382
Isn't that the Young Justice tie-in comic?
>>
Because Deadpool/The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe are such great stories...
>>
>>92230157
Isn't Deadpool Kills the Universe Marvel's best selling trade?
>>
>>92229122
No it wouldn't, stop pretending Lex cares about humanity. He is just a bad guy.
>>
>>92229553
Just by calling it Shazam you are not a fan.
>>
>>92229865
He never got his red tights back though
>>
>>92230348

He did, though.
>>
>>92229853
This is probably an elseworld.
Also as of rebirth, the trunks are canon again, he just stopped wearing them a few years ago in-universe.
>>
File: 1490099240836.jpg (41KB, 400x522px) Image search: [Google]
1490099240836.jpg
41KB, 400x522px
>>92227798
>Higgins
No thanks.
>>
File: lol.png (15KB, 589x110px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
15KB, 589x110px
>tfw twitter is already starting to melt down about this

Delicious.
>>
Man, this is already getting a bad reception.

I have to agree with the dude who said that it's a bad idea to do this series after HydraCap.
>>
>>92227798
But why though?
Like it would be an interesting story if they did it with Batman. For Dick it just doesn't make any sense, it doesn't even have the shock value of evil Supes/Cap.
>>
File: Nightwing.png (47KB, 624x422px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing.png
47KB, 624x422px
>>92230531
>>
>>92228095

Qhen we see weird mixes like this, I always wonder if they're peaks into odd moments for editorial.
>>
>>92227798
>How can we get in on this super-fascists meme?
Jesus DC, you're supposed to be better than this.
>>
But killing supers doesn't make Nightwing a nazi.
>>
>>92230604
>Bi-sweet boy
So they're feeling their fan fiction of Dick and Steve being bi is being betrayed?
>>
>>92230604
>favorite bi sweet boy
Nice head canon
>>
>>92230585
That's what I was thinking. I wonder why they didn't go with Batman, since that clearly would be something an AU Bruce would do. Whatever happened to Dick must have been extremely fucked. Bruce and Damian are most likely dead already.

>shock value of evil Supes/Cap
It has some shock value since you'd never think that Dick would be the one to do that, plus they already did evil Supes
>>
>>92230692
Calling your series "New Order" does.
>>
>>92230726

>That's what I was thinking. I wonder why they didn't go with Batman, since that clearly would be something an AU Bruce would do.

Here's the thing: BATMAN'S A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

There's no point in seeing an asshole creep acting like an asshole creep. Batman turning bad doesn't has that "OH, SHI-" quality, since everyone already see the character as deranged.

That's why they probably went with Nightwing. Nightwing is seen as a good boy who's beloved by all much like Superman.
>>
File: HydraCapTheSecond.png (17KB, 595x122px) Image search: [Google]
HydraCapTheSecond.png
17KB, 595x122px
>>92230604
>>
>>92230531
>>92230604
I wasn't aware they think Captain America will turn against the system he created soon.

>>92227798
>But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.
>>
>>92230767
>Batman turning bad doesn't has that "OH, SHI-" quality
It will actually.

People are facepalming over Nightwing turning bad, not actually shocked.
>>
>>92227798
>Nightwing finally gets popular among normies over the past 5 years

>DC lets a shit writer write a shitty elseworld that goes against Dick's entire being

Why. I get its an Elseworld but Dick literally just got promoted to A list. He doesn't need this kind of shitty story that could be people's first look at him.

No matter what the reason he is hunting down metas it doesn't make sense. Dick is the forgive and forget type.
>>
>>92230777
Sometimes it hurts to be right >>92228222 these people are retarded, but you have to wonder why DC thought it was a good idea to publish this story now, the reaction was going to be obvious.
>>
>>92230856
>Dick is the forgive and forget type.

he literally became Nightwing because he couldn't work with/for Batman anymore
>>
>>92230777

Because he was in a circus he must be a gypsy? I love bow racist these people are.
>>
>>92230905
Yet he still shows up anytime Bruce needs him. He just needed space. You can't live at home forever.
>>
>>92230905
He actually become Nightwing because he grow up and there was a new kid in town.
>>
>>92230286
Fuck you, Clark. Lex is the hero we need.
>>
>>92230917
He is Roma descended, that is canon
>>
>>92230917
They did say he was a gypsy at one point way back I think it was another Devin Grayson hand grenade.
>>
>>92227798
Fuck Higgins. The whole reason Rebirth is doing well is no one wants to read about this dark depressing shit anymore.
>>
>>92230585
they probably asked creators "pitch a dark AU story" and higgins went with dick
>>
>>92230692
There's plenty of Nazi imagery on those covers
>>
>>92231012
Why? I'm convinced Snyder is hellbent on ruining the entire Batman mythos. Everytime someone fix's Bruce Snyder immediately trys to write a try hard story that brings him back to dark and edgy.
>>
Didn't Snyder declare that DM event isn't going be dark? I guess it was a lie after all.
>>
>>92231048

The fuck are you on? Snyder's the guy who made Batman sell like crack in comic book stores.
>>
>>92231048
I'm pretty sure there will be more of these minis announced as Dark Days tie-ins. Like they will probably be evil Teen Titans or evil Aquaman AU tie-ins as well
>>
>>92231070

This ins't Dark Metal.
>>
>>92227862
Fuck, this is a neat page.
>>
>>92231101
My mistake, I meant DD.
>>
>>92230993
I think Devin Grayson came up with it and it was reaffirmed in Grayson
>>
>>92231079
Kek no he didn't you delusioned newfag. Batman has always sold and will always sell. Snyder didn't do anything and 90% of long time readers hate his guts for this exact shit.

He always tries to turn Batman into a try hard man baby psycho that hates his whole family. Snyder is a poison that needs to be cut out of DC. Anything that happens to Batman effects the whole DCU. Rebirth was moving away from stupid shit like this, no reason to go back to it.
>>
Welp. Marvel shills are going to have a field day.
>>
>>92229853
It's an elseworld
>>
>>92231200

He made Batman sell much more than he ever did. I'm not bullshitting you.
>>
Oh boy, normies getting mad about comic book characters being fascist again.

I thought /co/ was bad with the constant asshurt about everything, but twitter and tumblr are really on another level.
>>
>>92227810
>>92227824
>>92227847
What the fuck is he even holding? It looks like a broken robot arm but he's holding it like a gun

>>92227862
And Higgins has managed to make Dick a cop again. He has fulfilled his professional ambition and become Dixon reborn
>>
Okay, seriously, what the hell is up with all these superheroes going evil and doing horrible things? Cause this really needs to stop.

And if you insist on doing it, why the hell hasn't Bruce gone evil?
>Infinite Crisis though
Brother Eye was hijacked by Max Lord, basically shielding Bruce from the blame. Seriously, it's not like he faced any consequences for that, since DC would never have their biggest cash cow be in the wrong.

Like some have already said, it makes no sense for Dick to be the one hunting down supers, but it would quite logical for Bruce to.
>>
>we want the hydracap audience but we want to shit on Grayson again too
>>
>>92231211
I have to admit that really wasn't a smart decision from DC.
>>
>>92231232

>Seriously, it's not like he faced any consequences for that, since DC would never have their biggest cash cow be in the wrong.

But he did.
>>
>>92231228
SJWs are annoying, but DC has been asking for it.
>>
I don't know how much more evidence you need that DC died a long time ago.
>>
>>92231227
He didn't make anything. His run came right after Morrison's one of the most famous runs of all time. That combined with the Nolan movies and the reboot are what boosted the sales and Capullo's art. Snyder had little to nothing to do with it. Ask anyone who has been reading comics for more than a decade and I bet they say Snyder's run blows.
>>
>>92227798
This is fucking dumb
>>
>>92231306

His run sold way more than the Morrison's ones.
>>
>>92231298
It's literally non canon, why the fuck are people complaining about something that is literally out of continuity ?
>>
Lmao, Dick is really DC guinea pig.
>>
File: higgins.jpg (27KB, 596x201px) Image search: [Google]
higgins.jpg
27KB, 596x201px
>>92228408
You may be onto something
>>
>>92231298
How? Good characters going bad has been a thing for decades, it's retarded that people are getting mad over it (both in this case and in Cap's case).
>>
>>92227798
This is good. Dick needs to branch out and not under the Batcowl. He won't be able to stand if some people think the only way his character can grow is if he's Batman.
>>
>DC Rebirth
>No more dark stories, return the superheroes to form and make them inspiring

>Snyder
>LETS DO AN EVENT CALLED DARK METAL WHERE EVERYTHING IS DARK AND DREARY AND AN ALT U BATMAN TOOK OVER THE DCU AND LETS HAVE TIE IN BOOKS WITH THE OTHER CHARACTERS ALSO BEING DARK AND EDGY

Snyder needs to go. He doesn't fit at DC anymore.
>>
>>92228326
An official +18 comic where Dick fucks babs and Kori
>>
>>92231339
They know that it isn't, but doing this after HydraCap is asking to get people triggered.
>>
>>92231365
This has nothing to do with dark metal
>>
>>92231331
Are you seriously just gonna ignore the mitigating factors I just listed? Stop being so obtuse.
>>
>>92231365

This has nothing to do with Snyder's event and Dark Metal has been said to not be dark, but be 90's level of crazy fun.
>>
>>92231389
Yes it does. It's presumably one of the dark AU stories tied to that. They stated their would be multiple dark shitty edgy books to accompany that shitty event.
>>
>>92231356
How it’s good for him when people are going Reeeeeeee?
>>
>>92231394

I'm just pointing out facts. You might not like Snyder's run, but the dude sold a lot. Way more than Morrison despite his prestige and acclaim. Normies love Snyder. Under him Batman sold way more than he used to.

Hell, before the Button cross-over King's run was selling less than Snyder's.
>>
>>92227891
Kid in that cover is very clearly the child of Nightwing and Starfire.
>>
>>92231408
It does.

The event was stated about what if heroes make different choices.
>>
>>92231442
>child of Nightwing and Starfire.
>not best girl Mar'i
>>
>>92231415
So far, the only thing we know about Dark Nights/Metal is that it's meant to be a "Heavy Metal Rock Opera" or just a crazy event overall and that it involves a "Dark Multiverse".
We don't know if this is connected to the "Dark Multiverse" and the description simply calls it a possible future.
>>
>>92231467
Tim Seeley said that the Dr. Hurt stuff will tie into Dark Nights/Metal, so the assumption is that multiverse stuff is involved
>>
>>92231467
But why. That is my whole issue with it. DC just moved away from that type of storytelling. Why is Snyder even doing a "dark" story?

He's just not a good fit for DC anymore. He was okay during New 52 cause that was the tone of DC but now he is just holding them back.
>>
>>92231408
>It does.
>>
>>92231491
Wait, could this actually be Shawn's kid? Oh boy, I can't wait for the meltdown.
>>
>>92231429
People don't take elseworld stories seriously, unless it's a live action movies.
>>
>>92231541
Nah it's Dick and Starfire's kid. Look at the alt cover.
>>
>>92231541

It's Starfire's kid.
>>
What is the point of doing this?
>>92231442
I always thought that Mar'i should have a sibling.
>>92231463
Maybe Mar'i and Starfire got killed and this causes Dick to go nuclear on metahumans?
>>
>>92231342
Because they know his fanboys are going to eat it up no matter what.
>>
>>92231503
>DC just moved away from that type of storytelling.
Do you faggots actually want every story to be the same?

There's nothing wrong with dark stories if they're written well. Granted with Higgins it's unlikely that it will be written well, but why the fuck is a darker tone wrong in general? It's good to have variety, not every DC book needs to be a comfy PG story.
>>
>>92231545
Considering the reactions, they do.
>>
>>92227798
So this ties in directly with what they Teased in Batwoman.

The whole “save the world” thing, it feels like it's set up for dramatic irony or something.
>>
>>92227798
This sounds like the fake post Forever Evil direction they were doing with Dick
>>
>>92231623
It'll die down.
>>
>>92231491
>>92231503
Okay, I just went back and looked at a bit more information for Dark Nights. It could be connected, especially since the event also starts in August and it's meant to be far-reaching.

>>92231503
Snyder says that Metal is self-contained with tie-ins adding to it rather than being mandatory, so odds are this is something briefly brought up or glimpsed (if at all) in the main titles (assuming this is a tie-in).
>>
This is why I think the HydraCap butthurt is retarded. It was always obvious that it wouldn't last and it was just an attention grab.

The story is shit but creators shouldn't be crucified for trying things outside the box that triggers fanboys into a massive rage that makes them burn books.

Sure, this is "an alternate future", but so Secret Empire will be "an alternate whatever" when it's all said and done.
>>
Scott Synder.
You get a Nazi

And you get a Nazi.

Everyone gets a Nazi !!!!
>>
>>92231609
That's exactly what I don't want. Save that shit for Young Animal.

Dark futures are retarded and played out. People want inspiring happy stories in comics again for once. Not every future needs to be fucking depressing, especially not with characters like Dick. Making some subverted dark mirror version of him is a shit idea.
>>
>>92231609
Higgins's Image stuff is dark and is also good
>>
>>92231640
It definitely will, but it already done the damage.
>>
>>92231666
>creators shouldn't be crucified for trying things outside the box that triggers fanboys into a massive rage that makes them burn books.
Comic book fans are either "NOT MUH" dumb manchildren or easily outraged moviefags that barely read comics. It's to be expected that everything that takes them out of their comfort zone immediately puts them into trigger mode.
>>
>Seeley makes an arc about how Dick can never be corrupted because of who he is

>Higgins writes a story about a corrupted Dick

What did Higgins mean by this?
>>
>>92231609
We already got dark future with Future End.

Enough is enough.
>>
File: Superman Bullet Bounce.jpg (89KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Bullet Bounce.jpg
89KB, 403x403px
>>92230531
>>92230777
>>92230604
Where is the outrage during Injustice? Injustice 2 that's coming out? Red Son?
>>
>>92231758
>Where is the outrage during Injustice?

Actually that's a pretty good question.
>>
>>92231736
Oh yeah, "Dick Grayson the multiverse consistent".

This getting even more stupid.
>>
>>92229924

good meme, but this isn't rebirth and Seeley is writing the main NIghtwing book you child.
>>
>>92231687
>People want inspiring happy stories in comics again for once.
Sure, and some people want serious dark stories.

There's nothing wrong if you like one over the other and it's absolutely retarded to say that variety in storylines and tone is a bad thing. Just like how it's bad to turn your whole line into a grimdark edgefest, it's also bad to turn your whole line into a safe family-friendly comfyfest. A nice balance would be the ideal, but it seems like companies just like to do one extreme after the other.
>>
>>92231784
Thats a videogame tie in dude.
>>
>>92231758
Between Damian`s mini, Fascist Dick (nice porn name) and the plausible Jason/RedBats in Injustice 2, the tournament for the reigning title as most homicidical bastard is on.
>>
>>92231666
Oh fuck, I'm satan now
>>
>>92231758
INJUSTICE was a game tie in which was read mostly by casuals who don't even comics and already think that Superman is jackass.
>>
>>92231834
Yes, but there was a videogame, that wouldn't have escaped the notice of tumblr and Twitter.
>>
>>92231785

Why is stupid when there have been timelines where Dick was bad? Seeley isn't the master of Dick.
>>
>>92231758
Everyone's probably desensitized to evil Superman stories, whereas evil Dick Grayson stories are new and exciting.
>>
>>92231437
Normies don't read comics, you are thinking of Casuals like you
>>
>>92231837
To be fair, there doesn't seem to be any indication that Dick, or is regime, are killing people. Looks like he's trying to take Dr Light in alive. Light of all people. Also I'm super interested in seeing what he means by needing to save the world.
Unlike Hydra Cap who's just going full COOOBRAAAA!
>>
>>92231893
>exciting
Kek, it's really not.
>>
>>92227824
>>92231940
>>
So that's Starfire kid right?
>>
>>92231972
More than likely, unless he's adopted. How many metahumans does Dick have an interest in?
>>
>>92231863
It's a videogame tie in. It can do whatever it wants.
>>
>>92231972
Hope so. Even in an au Dickbabs being btfo is worth it.
>>
The reason why Batman is pretty much untouchable and can be put into every situation is because he has been written every which way possible. Let Dick go crazy and he will find his ground. If you try to keep hindering him he will end up like Superman. Where if you don't portray him a certain way people will lose their shit and therefore limit the type of stories you can put him in.
>>
>>92232148
>Dickbabs btfo in main universe
>Dickbabs btfo in animated movies
>Dickbabs btfo in elseworlds

A good time to be alive
>>
>>92231832
There are plenty of those stories to read. It's literally almost all anyone has been doing for almost 2 decades now. People are sick of it. Heroes were made during the great depression to inspire people. No one wants to read about the heart of DC going off the deep end.
>>
>>92232215

>the heart of DC going off the deep end.

That's why they're doing it.

That's also why you won't see Batman turning bad. People don't think of Batman in these terms.
>>
>>92232249
It doesn't fit the character and people are fatigued by it. Now when someone says Dick can't be corrupted people will always point to this story. It's unnecessary and bad for the character's image.
>>
>>92232290

>Now when someone says Dick can't be corrupted people will always point to this story

DEATHWING, MOTHERFUCKER. Dick has been a villain in past stories.

I fucking hate casuals.
>>
>>92232290
>It doesn't fit the character
that's probably why they're doing it
>>
>>92231211
Spencer is going to have a field day.
>>
>>92232326
Mate Deathwing was not Dick. He was brainwashed into thinking he was in both his appearance, the most recent and the 90s. Who is the casual now you fag?
>>
>>92232148
lol you Dickbabs haters are desperate
>>
I'm kind of glad that Higgins is getting a chance to write Nightwing again. He was a huge fan of the character and he sort of got screwed in the New 52 with having to write dark stories without much connection to past ones.
>>
>>92232384

He was Dick from a dark future time-line initially.
>>
>>92231972
but it's not Mar'i

Tumblr is going to accuse DC of genderbending Dick and Starfire's kid
>>
>>92232420
They retconned that with him being brainwashed into thinking he was Dick Grayson though.

Regardless this isn't a story beat that needs to be repeated when Seeley just did it with the exact opposite message.
>>
File: 6678767.png (92KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
6678767.png
92KB, 250x232px
>>92232409
>liking Dickbabs
How do you bring yourself to do such a fucked up thing?
>>
>>92231972
>Hunts down metahumans
>Just now discovers that his son with a metahuman mother is also a metahuman

Dick you idiot
>>
Might this be alternate future where Dr. Hurt managed to break him?
>>
>>92232525
Judging by the hallucination in Nightwing, he would be Deathwing.
It also wouldn't explain why he's working with the Government or his apparent view that metahumans are a threat.
>>
Can't wait for the August solicitations, it's seems like it going to be a crazy month.

Though, I have to admit that the premise sounds dumb.
>>
>>92227798
What the fuck is this shit? Why? Fucking Rebirth era DC...
>>
>>92232611
Scott Synder.
>>
File: 1465397674761.jpg (43KB, 340x296px) Image search: [Google]
1465397674761.jpg
43KB, 340x296px
>>92232567
>fucks metahuman
>has metahuman child
>kills other metahumans
>>
>>92232611
>Why?
Possibly, Dark Multiverse
>>
>>92232667
>Dark Dark Dark Dark

Is Snyder a vampire?
>>
>>92231200
Holy shit your delusional.

Snyder's run in average sold 30k-40k than Morrison's run.

And massively critically acclaimed

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2011)

How much more wrong of a person can you be?
>>
>>92228222
>bad thing happened at the beginning of the story waaaaaaaah I don't care if the protagonist makes it better later waaaaaaaaaaah

This is going to happen, isn't it? People a emotionally regressing a toddler state.
>>
>>92232709
Why don't you understand about the mitigating factors? Literally any writer during that period would have sold that well.

Unless you are a new reader that started in 2011 after Court of Owls most people think his run fucking sucked.
>>
>>92231368
27 pages an issue, every issue?
>>
>>92232719
People like that don't read comics, they look at scans from the first issue on Twitter/Tumblr and complain
>>
>>92227798
Why isn't this Jason Todd?
>>
>>92232709
Snyder pls.
>>
>>92232769
Because you'd expect dark, edgy murdering from Jason, but you wouldn't expect it from Dick
>>
>>92232742
That link I posted completely disproves this.
>>
>>92232709
Lobdell's Teen Titans sold really well, too
>>
>>92232769
We already got Arkham Knight. Though, he wasn't killing heroes.
>>
>>92227798
That's all Duke's fault.
>>
File: IMG_3375.png (171KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3375.png
171KB, 750x1334px
>>92227798
>>
>>92232791
What? I can't possibly explain it to any further than I already have see >>92231306
Sales were up, but not because of Snyder. Sales have nothing to do with him. It was during a reboot time coming off extremely successful movies and a highly acclaimed run.

Sure Snyder's run was "acclaimed" by try hard normies that had never read a run before in their life.
>>
>>92232795
You realize Lobdell was replacing Liefield on Titans.

Anybody would sell better.
>>
>>92232769
Why should he? We already got Dick fanboys bitching about how Jason should be a villain and ironically, this happened.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (330KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
330KB, 1364x768px
>>92232833
>DC cannon
Somehow I'm picturing a giant cannon like how they do in Super Sentai
>>
>>92232862
Now that you mention it......kek.
>>
>>92232850

Why King run sold less then?
>>
>>92232862
We should change it to "DICK SHOULD BE A VILLAIN".
>>
>>92232769
Should be Tim.
After years of neglect from the supers community(and DC) he's taken it upon himself to be the main man of the world.
>>
>>92232833
I hope Kory is the mother. Although y not use Mari?
>>
>>92232909
Cause casuals apparently want Batman to be an edgy try hard fag that hates his entire family. Also it's not selling less anymore.

Also that is not technically true. Every month multiple back issues of Batman make it into the top 20. It's just selling slower but more copies over time.
>>
>>92232850
Morrison' Batman was regularly outsold by Geoff John's Green Lantern

INolan's Batman came in 05 and 08 so it should have been a HUGE boost to Morrison's run which started in 05-06

If Greg Capullo was why it should so well why wasn't Haunt the Image book he was in before Batman a top selling title?!

God your arguments are dumb and lazy.
>>
>>92232925
But people had good reason to want Jason to be a villain, the first RHATO series was shit and he would have made a good rogues gallery member with emotional connection to Bruce. Now that he's more integrated with the Batfamily and RHATO is pretty good, less people are saying he should be a villain.
>>
>>92227798
>Gas the Supes, race war now
ok?
I bet the villain is a Bruce who's had enough of everyone's shit so he became anti-superpowers Hitler
>>
>>92232981
Scott synder you are are cunt :)
Scott synder IS ONLY on 13 in the top 100

He time is over.
>>
>>92232968
>Batman to be an edgy try hard fag
Anon, I hate Snyder's run too, but come on. This literally King's Batman.
>>
>>92232981
Kek, when did you start reading Batman comics?

Snyder's run is embarrassing to long time fans. It reverted Batman to an emotionally stunted child that hated his family for reasons and every arc was a SECRET HISTORY.

No one but new readers defend that run.
>>
>>92233003
>implying Bruce didn't get killed by a metahuman which is the main reason Dick went full fascist in the first place
>>
>>92233040
No. King's Batman is all about his family. The first fucking issue had him talking about how they are his strength and that he has tapes for all of them in case he dies.

Try harder.
>>
>>92233085
If he really cares about them why does he refer to Damian as his only son when he's previously adopted Jason/whatever his relationship is with Dick
>>
Snyder screwed everything up because he tried to reference Batman Begins
>>
>>92233051
That would actually be pretty sweet. Dick loses Bats, goes insane a la Injustice and kills all the Suped up niggas.
>>
>>92233122
I'm not explaining this again. Idk if you people that ask this are just not America or don't understand the concept of a bloodline. Bruce's parents were dead. His line was dead. With Damian Bruce's parents get to live again through him.
>>
God, you snyder-haters are such autistic sperglords... Jesus Christ... Don't know what's worse, the shitposting in this thread or the fact that DC is making this retarded mini.
>>
>>92233157
This.
>>
>>92233173
The fact that you're annoyed by people annoyed by a company doing some stupid story with a funny book character
>>
>>92233173
>God, you snyder-haters are such autistic sperglords... Jesus Christ... Don't know what's worse, the shitposting in this thread or the fact that DC is making this retarded mini.
Synder dude you sucks as a writer,
>>
>>92233051
Remember when his fanboys said that Dick is better than Batman because will never let his grief control him?

Man, what a glorious day is today.
>>
>>92233256
>DC continues to shat on Dick
I approve.
>>
>>92233256
It's true though, unlike Bruce he didn't let his parents' death control him, that's a literal aspect of his character not just fanboy shit. He managed to actually get justice for his parents' death while Bruce didn't, so when Bruce dies, he needs justice again, so he kills all the supers.
>>
>>92233256
To be fair last weeks Nightwing reiterated that and his is an AU anyway
>>
>>92233256
Dickfans are getting btfo again.
>>
A few more tweets from Higgins about the story. Reads from bottom up
>>
>>92233442
Also, this has apparently been in the works since a year & a half ago.
>>
>>92233343
>his is an AU anyway
It's possible future. It means if Dick lost someone dear to him, he will go mad.
>>
>>92227798
new series or new arc?
>>
>>92233001
best red hood pic
>>
File: 1471757423776.jpg (404KB, 529x664px) Image search: [Google]
1471757423776.jpg
404KB, 529x664px
>>92232862
>>92232925
>>92233256
>>92233410
Why do Robinfags hate each other so much? They really are the worst fanbase
>>
>>92233498
New series.

>>92233542
I know, it's weird.
>>
>>92233085

King's just referencing Tony Daniel shitty Battle for the Cowl.
>>
>>92233542
it's the same anon
>>
>>92233442
Kek but Higgins no one wants a story about you breaking down the heart of the DCU.

The timing is just terrible. People are fatigued by bad end futures. DC just got done doing that.
>>
>>92233542
>Oh no, someone said something mean about Dick? THEY MUST BE ROBIN FAN!
Why Dick fans are so insecure?
>>
>>92227847
>Cold, Luthor and Hal
I guess his all-fucking gizmo shuts off tech too
Grodd is there too but it makes me wonder how he's treated under a pro-baseline human regime
do they hate him because he's evil, super powered or an ape?
>>
>>92233619
Because Robinfags are all insecure and hate other characters for no reason? You know Dickfags are also Robinfags right?
>>
>>92233442
>>92233478
This sounds like one of those Banality of Evil stories about how good people go bad as a result of trauma or compliance
Which is not a bad trope in itself, but...do we really need one?

Though on the range from Supes killing Joker for Lois and his unborn baby to using the cosmic cube to rewrite Cap's reality, how retarded is the fall of Dick going to be?
>>
>>92233723
If it's "the Batfamily is killed by metahumans", it's already much better than either of those two
>>
>>92233723
This better be like Bruce's dying wish or it won't make sense. No amount of trauma would break Dick.
>>
>>92233723
Depends on what his trigger ends up being. We already know this story is non-canon, so it won't be cosmic cube tier at least.
>>
They should do an Elseworlds where Batman becomes a good guy. He start being nice and honest with people around him, start being more in charge and open about being a proper hero, start doing good deeds throughout the world.

It would be what if Batman became more like Superman.
>>
File: IMG_3376.png (159KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3376.png
159KB, 750x1334px
>>92227798
>>
>>92233542
STOP HATING MUH DICK!
>>
>>92233804
That's Batman '66
>>
>>92231792
Rehashing old writers is definitely a theme for rebirth. Watch as you get Simone on wonder woman and Higgins will succeed Seeley.
>>
>>92233256
Serve them right for shatting on Batman all these years.
>>
>>92233035
You want to make a bet on whether or not Batman Metal tops the chart?
>>
>>92233838
>This runs for six issues
>Dark Nights: Metal runs for six issues
The plot thickens...
>>
>>92228158
what,he did write good books but BB wasn't one of them. that terrible fanfic barbara/dick/bruce backstory was out of character for all three of them
>>
>>92233047
Once again you're wrong

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/batman-(2011)
>>
>>92232968
Lmao. King's Batman is a suicidal emo who cuts himself.
>>
>>92233912
Kek you know how I know you are a retarded casual?

You visit sites to form your opinions on things. Back in my day those things didn't exist.
>>
>>92231792
This is still the "Rebirth era" which is also giving us Dixon on Bane maxi series and Wolfman on Raven mini. Fuck Johns!
>>
>>92233920

And who thinks that Batman is his death.
>>
>>92233937
>You visit sites to form your opinions on things.

>>92233047
>Snyder's run is embarrassing to long time fans.

Sounds more like you're the one who visits sites to form your opinions on things.
>>
>>92233920
>I pop into story times but don't read the run the post
>>
>>92233885
It'll be like Flashpoint where there were a bunch of other mini's going on as well
>>
>>92227798
wait, isn't kyle higgins the guy who turned dick into a cuck?
>>
>>92233256
Its a fucking elseworlds, retard.
>>
>>92234003
>Its a fucking POSSIBLE FUTURE, retard.
>>
>>92233959

He's not wrong. King revealed that when Bruce was 10 years old he tried to cut his wrists wishing to kill himself and begged God to help him, until he had the revelation that God didn't existed and that he wasn't the only one all alone in Gotham, everyone was suffering alone like him.

So he decided to mark that moment as the death of Bruce Wayne so he could become something more. In Bruce's mind Batman represents his death. Bruce died when he was 10. What exists now is like some sort of specter that only exist to help others.

That's not the only time the theme of suicide is used. Every character suffer from some sort of depression and is trying to kill themselves in their own weird way. The Gotham and Gotham Girl duo, Selina with becoming the "Cat", Bane with using Batman as his monster, and so on.
>>
>>92232968
You don't even need to be a Batfag to differentiate between good and bad, and characterfags always have poor taste. But King's Batman is literally thrash and unreadable. At least, Snyder's run was alright. I never got the retarded Batfamily meme. The only people who like them are Tumblr users and shippers, who also want to fuck them.
>>
File: kylehiggins.png (184KB, 602x301px) Image search: [Google]
kylehiggins.png
184KB, 602x301px
>>92233985
yes
>>
>>92233941

The Dixon Bane mini first issue was widely praised on the storytime just this past week, but ok faggot.
>>
>>92233885
I bet the Red Hood Annual where they meet the N52 outlaws will be Dark Nights-related too
>>
>>92234112
Rebirthtards will eat up anything.
>>
>>92234112
everywhere else, people were just like "meh".
>>
>>92234095
not timm = not canon

besides, bruce is pretty much confirmed for celibate(aka gay) when he talked to diana about personal relationships in JLU
>>
>>92234145
>>92234157

>its another jaded white kid hates comics published after 1994 thread
>>
>>92234112
Every comic gets praised by /co/ during storytime, dumbass.
>>
>>92234092
At least, Snyder's run was alright. I never got the retarded Batfamily meme

Stopped reading there. You just proved how shit your taste are.
>>
>>92234166

The point is this is written by kyle higgins who from my previous experience tend to have his own canon of characterization for the bat family. so I'm cautious of this new mini
>>
>>92233941
Don't forget bringing back Cucka to write his waifu.
>>
>>92234157

source
>>
>>92234121
Wait, there's a RHATO annual?
>>
>>92234157

That's just not true, the hype was and is real. The only people who have a problem with it are people who hate that he's a Trump shill.
>>
>>92234215
Nice argument, faggot. You can't disapprove that Batfamily is a Tumblr meme and every Robin thread is cancerous. Point in case, the current thread.
>Can't even greentext
Literally proving the Tumblr meme right.
>>
>>92234225
I was just talking about limited series, because if we're looking at ongoings we also have Jurgens on Action Comics.
>>
>>92234284
It was only liked by Tumblr and plebbit crossposters since they eat up anything their plagiarizing cereal man throws at them.
>>
>>92234240
Tyler Kirkham mentioned it on Twitter or something. August has 5 Wednesdays so it'll probably be announced in the next solicits. And people are speculating that it'll be the one where the current Outlaws meet the New 52 Outlaws from another world (since Lobdell teased that).
>>
>>92234184
>it's another /tv/ meme spewing kid shitposting on /co/ issue
Rebirthtards will eat up anything.
>>
>>92234349
>It's a /tv/ poster accusing someone else of being from /tv/
>>
>>92233047
I can't tell you how wrong that statement is. /co and CBR aren't representative of long-term readers by a large margin.
>>
>>92234227
>>92234284

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/bane-conquest/1

Even Batman-News, which has the biggest 90s Dixon boner didn't like it.
>>
>>92234337

But isn't the current Outlaws keeping the Nu52 Outlaws shit canon?
>>
>>92234337
Well, I hope it's fun. I would like to read a crazy story that isn't grim and dark.
>>
>>92234380
Not really. Some parts got retconned hard. It's probably being downplayed.
>>
>>92234367
>uses a /tv/ meme
>gets mad when someone points it out
>no u
kys
>>
>>92234285
Kek breh I forgot the arrow sue me.

Also

>Hating the Batfam

Literally a retard who got into Batman with the Nolan films. Just admit it.
>>
>>92234407

But Lobdell is trying hard to keep it canon by constantly referencing past events from his previous runs.

It's the other writers that ignore it.
>>
>>92234418

I'm not that guy, but New 52 destroyed the Batfamily for me.
>>
>>92234375

The site loads like a fucking 90s web page for sure. I'm not even sure what this review is saying. It's too simple but he had to read it twice to understand it? What a doublethink! The only thing worse is the IGN review of the same book that thinks it's a continuation of the I Am Bane storyline. Jesus christ, how can you take these reviews seriously? Go to Twitter, go to the storytime. People are enjoying it. I'm sorry you aren't I guess?
>>
>>92234454
Should've stayed dead.
>>
>>92234431
He retconned Jason's origin.
>>
>>92234483

That was good, but he does keep referencing the events of the past comics. Crux, Jason and Kory rescuing Roy from Quarac and so on.
>>
>>92234454
Just ignore Snyder's entire run. It was shit and he was purposefully trying to destroy them.

>>92234478
>Claims to be a Batfan
>Thinks Bruce the king of prep would EVER not take on an heir

I can't even discuss Batman with people like you. Your opinions are laughable.
>>
>>92234517

I'm not talking about Snyder's run. I actually liked some of his arcs.

I'm talking about Higgins' mediocre Nightwing run, Lobdell shitty take on Jason in Red Hood and the Outlaws, Tomasi's melodramatic Batman and Robin run, Simone's awful Batgirl run, Lobdell's shitty take on Tim in Teen Titans and so on.
>>
>>92234516
>>92234478
The new 52 Outlaws is still canon with some soft recton.
>>
>>92228158
>>92228288
>>92227828
>It was very dull
It was, but you could tell he had some good ideas for the run. A lot of shit just got pushed off the table because Nightwing kept getting forced into Snyder's crossovers
>>
>>92234517
You have such a shallow and retarded view that it's not worth discussing shit with you. The only laughable opinion here is yours. Bruce wouldn't groom an heir because he';s not the retarded manbaby you and hacks think he is. He found lost children and helped shape them and made sure they had a helping hand so that they wouldn't close off from the world like he did.
>>
>>92231255
>shit on Grayson
>giving character an elseworld dark version that reaffirms the virtue of the main universe hero

Remember when they just wouldn't stop shitting on Superman with Red Son, Injistice and Ultraman?
>>
>>92234664
Kek it's that partially it but the main reason is he needs an heir to continue his crusade. He is human and always preparing. Bruce would never be negligent enough to not have someone to take his place. Also calling the Batfam "tumblr" is fucking hysterical considering they existed long before the internet.

I bet you weren't even alive pre internet.
>>
>>92234095
Bruce Timm did it first tho. He was just picking up the pieces of that same universe.
>>
>Higgins writes a "what if Nightwing went full Gun Control" story and twitter is crying about how it's really nazi/fascist
kek. That aside, who wanted Higgins writing Nightwing again, he ran the title into the ground with his Batman-lite junk.
>>
>>92234716
Only you tumblrtard think he wants someone to continue "his crusade"
>>
>>92234731
gonna need a source on that
>>
>>92234716
Didn't Snyder's run imply he had a machine to clone himself from the point where he decided to become The Bat?

>>92234664
Except for Tim (who did it to save Bruce) and Damian (who Dick took in instead). Actually, how do Steph & Kate factor in?
>>
£50 says half the retards sperging "How dare they make a gypsy a nazi" have never met a real gypsy before.

Gypsies don't need standing up for as an oppressed minority, they need to be lined up and shot.
>>
>>92234863
It's Batman Beyond canon that Barbara dated Bruce after Dick got fed up and left. Though he wasn't so tasteless as to imply actual infidelity or literal Loss.
>>
>>92234418
No, but unlike you, I've actually read older runs like Robbins, O'Neil, Englehart, Barr, Grant etc where a badboy come back to life and some snotty kid weren't forced into the Batman comics. I didn't start with late 90s to mid 2000s retarded crossovers and tumblr incest fanfics.
>>
>>92234856
Kys seriously mate

>>92234877
>Snyder's run

Ignore it
>>
Anyone saying this isn't a tie in to Dark Days/Nights/Metal/whatever fucking other name the event has is a straight up retard.
>>
>>92234916
Kek, Robin was created in the 40s you brain dead retard
>>
>>92234916
bat tumblrites btfo
>>
>>92234933
>Ignore it
How can I when it's still canon and ties into Dark Nights?
>>
>>92234877
>how do Steph & Kate factor in?
Kate started up on her own, and had nothing to do with Batman. Bruce only recruited her because they were cousins

Steph was trying to screw with her father's plans. She's safer working under the Batfamily than on her own
>>
>>92235046
It's a story on another earth. It won't affect Prime Earth.
>>
>>92234982
Dick was the only masked partner Batman had back then, dumbass. Batman didn't have a thousand kids running around. A bloated Batfamily wasn't even a thing until the 2000s. Even Dick was off to college in Robbins run in the late 60s, making his appearances in the main Bat and Tec comics a lot less. This proves that you have read shit.
>>
>>92235146
Dick is the start of the Batfamily. What point are you trying to make here? I've read everything since the 60s bud. Your argument is moot. Batman on a character level would have heirs cause he knows he will die. Anything else would be negligent.

You don't like the Batfam cause you are an autistic shut in who no one loves. You are entitled to that. Stop screaming they are "tumblr" when theyve existed well before tumblr was a thing.
>>
>>92235046
It's not. It's an alternate timeline.

You can even tell from the second page. That's not Prime Earth Superman. He's wearing the red trunks.
>>
>>92235206
>Dick is the start of the Batfamily.
Nice shifting the focus, m8. Now go back to tumblr to fap to incest gay porn.
>>
>>92235206
BATMAN WAS CREATED BY TUMBLR BACK IN 1940 WHEN THE INTERNET WAS RUN ON TIN CANS
>>
>>92235304
Dark Nights' whole deal is alternate timelines and possible futures. How is this not related to that?
>>
>>92235104
>>92235304
I wasn't referring to Nightwing: The New Order. The anon I responded to was referring to Snyder's run/
>>
>>92234912
Sad, although it still doesn't excuse higgins of writing the three out of character

>bruce didnt use protection
>dick didn't try to reconcile after the abortion
>barbara's very much intentional abortion
>>
>>92235631
It was a miscarriage of justice
>>
>>92231972
He seems to have pink shit coming out of his hands in the alt cover, and Kory's shit used to be pink, so probably
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (29KB, 392x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
29KB, 392x375px
>>92235701
>>
So Higgins confirmed that Dick isn't gonna be running around killing people left and right and he hasn't committed genocide so now I'm curious as to what the fuck he's actually doing then?
>>
>>92234716

Batman never wanted anyone to take his crusade. Every Robin was thrust onto him and did what they did out of their own volition.

Damian also would be a terrible Batman and doom Gotham. This is from Grant Morrison himself, Damian's creator.
>>
>>92235910
>Batman never wanted anyone to take his crusade. Every Robin was thrust onto him and did what they did out of their own volition.
Except Jason
>>
>>92235928

Jason was on an auto-pilot to destroy himself. Batman thought he could teach kid some self control as Robin.
>>
>Dick's first elseworld
>people already hate it

The poor character can't catch a break, finally gets his chance to lead an elseworld instead of be the first to die in one and people are howling for blood immediately lol

Though I guess this confirms that Dick is gonna get a push outside the comics via that movie that's totally gonna happen and the Titans show?
>>
>>92235992
I guess it's a combination of some of his fans being anal retentive about him keeping his perfect morals and people who actively hate the character shitting on it.
But yeah at least he's not the first to die in this one.
>>
>good guy turns bad story

Stop this meme
>>
>>92236046
>But yeah at least he's not the first to die in this one.
That's a shitty mentality. It's similar to "I want this character to get an ongoing, I don';t care who the writer is, I'll like it regardless"
>>
>>92236100
If it's shit, it's shit, but it's not out yet so I can't judge it on anything except that.
>>
>>92235964
He was a kid who was trying to survive in the streets and never tried to hurt anyone.

He ended up getting worse under Batman and died much sooner than he would've if he stayed in the streets.
>>
>>92236179

He was selling his butt for lollipops.
>>
>Dickbabs on suicide watch
>tumblr in shambles

ty DC
>>
>>92236222
That's just Winnik and Daniel's headcanon that no one acknowledge it.
>>
>>92236222
>Bruce raped by Talia
>Dick raped multiple times by different women
>Jason implied to have been sexually abused as a child
>Tim has been through attempted rape

Damian's next
>>
File: robinr1.jpg (458KB, 713x1069px) Image search: [Google]
robinr1.jpg
458KB, 713x1069px
>>92236261
Already happened.
>>
>>92236222
Fuck off Winick
>>
>>92236298
>Hey kid, wanna /ss/?
>No way, fag.
>>
>>92227847
With those superheroes could this be a possible ulternate timeline after forever evil where instead of becoming a spy dick snaps.
>>
Where is all the premiere rage happening, I want to read it
>>
>>92237285
Apparently on Twitter & Tumblr.
>>
>>92234966
Higgins said he wrote issue 1 like a year and a half ago so if it is related to Dark Days/whatever, it's only tangentially.
>>
>>92237285
https://detectivenightwing.tumblr.com/post/160483722515/the-reason-dc-is-releasing-that-stupid-nightwing#notes
>>
>>92237385
I don't think that's enough proof considering Snyder has been planning it for years.

But Higgins explicitly said it wasn't canon regardless.
>>
>>92237385
I don't see any reason for him to bullshit. But it's just real strange that they would release a Nightwing elseworld/alt timeline/multiverse story right when Dark whatever/Metal are set to start too without them being tied together
>>
>>92237583
>>92237629
It's also six issues and launches in August.
The same time Dark Nights: Metal is set to launch.
>>
>>92237693
*And issue count
>>
>>92237693
I really don't see them not fully announcing it with an event banner if it's a tie-in. That would be fucking stupid. You need Snyderfag dollars on this kind of stuff.
>>
>>92236234

What happened to Dickbabs?
>>
>>92237940
Dick/Kory in the new animated universe and what seems to be Dick and Kory's kid in the alt cover >>92227891
>>
>>92237940
The child is clearly Starfire's >>92227891. And in the main stuff he has a new gf.
>>
>>92237940
No oe gives a fuck about it. Theres even rumors they are going with Dick/Kori in the DCEU
>>
>>92237993

Dick/Kory are easily the best pairing for either character.
>>
>>92238018

Are we finally out of the era of people who grew up on Dickbabs? That would be great. I think the various Teen Titans and animated shows probably helped.
>>
>>92238229
No you are thinking way too recently. The 80s/90sfags are the ones being hired by DC these days and Dixon is to blame for modern DickBabs shippers. But because those people also grew up with 80s stuff you also get NTT people who love DickKory.
>>
>>92238032

Dick/Shawn.
>>
>>92238338

That forced OC sucks.
>>
>>92238229
Uh no

In fact it'll only get worse when all the people who grew up with the 80s/NTT are gone and it's pretty much exclusively 90s/00s/10s fans
>>
>>92238338
I like Shawn but I'm not convinced by the ship as far as long term stuff goes.

But I do dig the general idea of helping minor villains go good though. Would probably read a book just based on that.
>>
>>92238384
The only DIkc/Kori fans then will be fans of the cartoon
>>
>Literally in every Nightwing thread, the most important thing people talk about is ships
I'm more convinced than ever that this guy has nothing going for him besides shipping and butt.
>>
>>92238492
Yes, we know

It's why Dickfags here died off when his book stopped doing fanservice and Jasonfags rose up in their place
>>
>>92238369

>innovative new ship is OC
>dick/babs is fine
>>
>>92238492
this is important though
>>
>>92238492
This thread has gone places.
From arguing whether or not this is in character for Dick to merits of the Batfamily, now to ships.
>>
>>92238492
>story is about Dick's metahuman child getting threaten
>people discuss the most likely mother ifnot a whole new oc
>why is it always about ships.

This time its pretty warranted.
>>
>>92238384

Uh, would'nt those mostly be Dick/Kori fans. I cant think of any major Dickbabs stuff
>>
So DC will make this and not a robins monthly? DC pls, I just want to see shenanigans and bonding with Dick,Jason, and Damian.
>>
>>92238492
You mean it always devolve into shipping and butt
The first 100 posts were still about the comic
>>
File: 1465357982180.jpg (435KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1465357982180.jpg
435KB, 1280x1280px
reminder that this is the best Dick ship
>>
>>92238534
That... Makes a weird amount of sense actually. RHatO is average to good gets praised through the roof Seeleys Nightwing is probably the best Nightwing run ever never gets mentioned.
>>
>>92238492
He is a fanservice character and he attract this kind of fans
>>
>>92238661
Most people liked the Hurt arc and got hyped when that cover with him as well as the B&R variant was released.
>>
File: C6FoKbUXQAAhfKC.jpg (34KB, 981x943px) Image search: [Google]
C6FoKbUXQAAhfKC.jpg
34KB, 981x943px
>>92238661
>RHatO
>average
>>
>>92238661
Seeley is a hack.
>>
>>92238661

I think the long Bludhaven arc caused a little slow down, but the threads still pretty a ctive. Jason is also monthly so his books usually have a little more to talk about each time.
>>
>>92238655

Thats not JayDick
>>
>>92238803
that is only good unrequited

and I lied, the best Dick ship is Dick/Clark but it is too pure to regularly shill
>>
>>92238773
His threads only got active because of Shawn and people arguing about ships. I actually remember that Nightwing threads died down pretty quickly during the Raptor arc and Buldhavn arc.
>>
>>92238743
It's the best version of RHaTO, and for a Lobdell book it's amazing I just don't understand people yelling 10/10 and jizzing themselves over it.
>>
>>92238803
Since rebirth I actually agree

>>92238842

You mean Dick/Slade right?
>>
>>92238911
>implying the last thread wasn't active because Brucefags got BTFO by Dick being Damian's true dad
>>
>>92238911
I mean outside of Batman or Superman, most threads don't stay active. Or Champions, but mostly for terrible reasons.
>>
>>92238913
No one yelled 10/10. They just said that it's one of DC best books which is actually I agree with.
>>
>>92238803
>JayDick

Better than Dickbabs tbqh. Also works cause Roy gets btfo twice
>>
>wants to get rid of meta humans
>fucks starfire

i bet batman dying in some ontrived manner breaks him
>>
>>92238976
How did they got btfo? They don't even like Damian and want him far away from Bruce.
>>
>>92238549

There's nothing innovative about the character or the dynamic. She was inserted as a super important friend from the past that was never mentioned before and that Dick was crazy about after moment of re-meeting her. Her also being a quasi-villain that Dick managed to turn to good with the power of dicking is as cliche as fuck.

There's nothing that make her stand out other than the pregnancy scare that turned out to be a fakeout. She's as generic as they come.

Heck, Higgins managed to come up with a better OC love interest during his room, since it came with the twist that the past female friend that was now dating Dick turned out to be manipulating him out for revenge because she was actually in love with another past friend that suffered because of Dick.
>>
>>92238661

>Seeleys Nightwing is probably the best Nightwing run

Fuck no. If you had said Grayson run, i'd agree, but his Nightwing run has been nothing but mediocrity with good art.
>>
>>92230309
Billy will never be called Captain Marvel.

Most people think of Carol when they think of Captain Marvel.

There is nothing you can do. Marvel won. Stop clinging on to a illusion
>>
>>92239041
Tomasi B&Rfags then. There were definitely people upset that it was making Bruce look like a bad father.
>>
>>92237385
If Dark Days is just about multiverses existing, it'd be easy enough for DC to put out any Elseworld story under a Dark Days imprint
>>
>>92239380

Tomasi's run on B&R was nothing but character angst and melodramatic moments.
>>
>>92239185
I was being a bit careful with my phrasing, I like Dick, but normally I think Nightwing is a boring character, and can't think of a memorable story I like, and drop out pretty early. I always think Dick is more interesting in stories as Robin, Batman or Grayson. But I'm actually enjoying Nightwing at the moment go figure, so yeah in my opinion it's the best Dick solely as Nightwing run.
>>
>>92239185

>his Nightwing run has been nothing but mediocrity with good art

Imagine being this much of a cynical edgelord.
>>
>>92238492
The first hundred posts or so were about the news. It's just that all those people have left, leaving only shipfags
>>
>>92239467

How can i be a cynical edglord when i loved the Grayson run?

I'm just saying that his Nightwing run is pure mediocrity. It's like he's doing the top 10 moments of the past canon in a very rushed manner. There's no actual thought put into it.
>>
>>92239467
Imagine being this much of a shitposting sperglord.
>>
>>92239467
>>92239547
You're both autistic edgelords, okay?
>>
>>92239574
no u
>>
File: 1493809877812.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1493809877812.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92239405
you're not wrong, but some people can't handle the truth
>>
>>92227798
Anyone got the Injustice pages where Barry schools Clark on gun control?
>>
>>92239405

That's one of the emptiest comments I've ever read. It's like you want to criticize something you don't like without actually having to say anything of substance or have an argument.

Wanna try that one more time?
>>
>>92228408
If anything good will come of this comic I hope we get to see Nightstar again.
>>
>>92239932
it's a boy so i doubt it
>>
>>92234414
>Knows /tv/ memes
Kys
>>
>>92227798
>everybody assuming it's going to be Kori's

Higgins prefers DickBabs so I can see him easily making up some OC or using that girl from the tentacle Jason arc cause she had energy blast powers too
>>
>>92240819
would be really rude to use Starfire's imagery and it's not her
>>
>>92227798
>>92227810
>>92227824
>>92227847
>>92227862
>>92227891
Sounds very lame and very dumb
>>
>>92227798
I know this is a shitty idea being written by a shitty writer and drawn by a shitty 'artist' but damn,
I want this as a poster.
>>
>>92241026
And it's written by Higgins so it'll be worse than it sounds.
>>
File: yeesh.png (153KB, 127x418px) Image search: [Google]
yeesh.png
153KB, 127x418px
>Dick gets his first elseworld
>it sounds like shit
>>
Elseworlds are always like that. Good characters being turned villains or Amish or something.
>>
As long as it's just an Elseworlds I don't give a shit what they do in it. That's literally their entire reason for existing.
Thread posts: 449
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.