[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1473050615749.jpg (47KB, 493x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473050615749.jpg
47KB, 493x640px
What am I in for?
>>
Who the fuck wants to read a story about an aardvark?
Plus they spelled Cerberus wrong.
>>
>>92225315

You'll get bored before you reach the third volume and quit, just like everybody else.
>>
>>92225315
Truth.
>>
>>92225315
I've finished the "Jaka's Story" arc recently, moving on to "Melmoth" soon, the comic is really amazing.
>>
>>92225315
The first volume is alright, and becomes good near the end, the second, through sixth volume are amazing.

The seventh to tenth volume are solid too.

After that it's a steady decline in quality, as Dave Sim puts his own ideology above the story. The sixteenth and final volume is a great way to end the series, as Cerebus gets the send off he deserves.
>>
File: 8bitCerebus.jpg (105KB, 584x506px) Image search: [Google]
8bitCerebus.jpg
105KB, 584x506px
>>92225315
Starts as clever satire of Conan / Red Sonja / pulp sword & sorcery stuff. Turns into a satire of politics (the "High Society" arc). Then the author figures out he's got an audience who will listen to whatever he says, and he gets on his soapbox and starts building epic junk (the "Church & State" bits). Then he goes on about his daughteru ( "Jaka's Story" ) ending with bitterness about women in general. And there's a biography of Oscar Wilde ( "Melmoth" ) that he shoehorns into his setting by making the main character catatonic.
Then comes his attempt at making the story an epic, and "let me tell you what's REALLY wrong about women" ( "Mothers & Daughters" arc ). read that if you want to know why people hate Dave Sim. After M&D is his "now it's time to tell you what men do wrong" ( "Guys" and "Rick's Story" ) but people who want to trash Sim or feel persecuted already got what they needed so they didn't stick around. There's more after that, but... *shrug* even though I read it every month, even I lost interest. At the end he used his cartoon aardvark as a podium for his bible scholarship theories (comic books instead of a street corner) and I zoned out.
>>
>>92225600
This is basically me. I'm like 17 issues in and find it a dread to get through. I simply don't get most of the satire or 'jokes,' it seems.
>>
File: cerebus_red_sophia.jpg (73KB, 650x403px) Image search: [Google]
cerebus_red_sophia.jpg
73KB, 650x403px
Was Dave Sim right about everything?
>>
>>92225315
Proof that any talented artist can realize their dream and make a creator-owned comic last for hundreds of issues, if they don't mind completely losing their mind, cutting all ties with their loved ones, and your books sold in the dusty back corner of an indie store.
>>
>>92226511
You're over the hump, it's about to get much better.
>>
>>92226453
sounds exactly like what /co/ wants at that point.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.