[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most interesting character on SJ and he has barely shown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

The most interesting character on SJ and he has barely shown up at all for the sake of some shitty fan-tier love interest. Explain this
>>
>>92223926
>Amatsu Mikaboshi Jr.
>Interesting
>>
>>92223932
He's definitely the most interesting one in the show. Which just says things about the show.,,
>>
His voice actor is dead
>>
>most interesting

I love Aku but there's nothing to his character. Playing him as a tired old man filled with ennui due to the battle with DA SAMURAI never ending a great idea, but there's not much more you can do with that then what they've already done.
>>
Fuck off man, the love interest worked great and Mako is dead.
>>
Not much more evil Aku can make. At this point in the story he is there to be killed. I doubt he'll come up with some kind of master plan.
>>
>>92224517
this. aku is kinda pointless without mako.
>>
>>92224517
/thread
>>
>>92224517

I just don't understand why they didn't took one of the numerous Japanese speaking voice actors, I refuse to believe there ain't one somewhere that could do a better Aku than Greg. Fuck just take someone with a thick accent, force him to smoke like a chimney prior to reading his lines and you've done half the job, the other half is just being obnoxious and stereotypical evil overlord taken to the point of absurdity (the whole point of Aku, which literally mean evil in Japanese)

Honestly it feel like both Tarah Strong and Greg weren't the first hand choice for the show, but that Genndy was forced to take them in because of (((them))), just by seeing the pic of the studio room you can definitely tell the both of them have no genuine interest being there. Its also probably the reason there have been very little use of Aku since the start of the season, its probably a way to get back at them, hell except the Scotman scene (which was the scene depicted in the storyboard leak by Genndy) and the Malaise scene, has there been anything with the guy?
>>
>>92223926
Genndy is a hack.
>>
File: drink_up_OP.png (305KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
drink_up_OP.png
305KB, 600x432px
>>92223926
>shitty fan-tier love interest
>>
>>92223926
Besides the obvious reasons many pointed out, there's also the fact the format and plot don't allow for much Aku.
In seasons 1-4 he could appear more due to the episodic nature of things, he could either mess with Jack directly or appear along with minions.
s5's premise is that Jack doesn't have his sword, which makes interaction with Aku impossible, as he can't learn that, and the less episodic format doesn't leave as much room for minions of the week.
And while I agree he could appear a bit more, there's the fact Aku's new status quo is moping around his castle and being bored out of his mind, which worked well on small doeses but would get old fast if revisited.
>>
>>92225927
>Shipfag
>>
>>92227276
>ship is made canon
>still call it a ship
>>
>>92223926
He barely showed up in the original series as well. Aku has always been used sparingly.
>>
>>92227276
>it's canon
GENNDY IS NOT MY PRESIDENT
>>
>>92227308
>>92227538
It's still shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.