[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not the same He doesnt have Ron's oversized square jaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (13KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 600x200px
It's not the same
He doesnt have Ron's oversized square jaw
>>
I could destroy David Harbour in a fight
>>
File: bombahead.jpg (24KB, 424x308px) Image search: [Google]
bombahead.jpg
24KB, 424x308px
I just hope this one is closer to the comics.

Movie Hellboy was kind of sadsack, honestly. Moping over girls, being petulant, that sorta thing. Hopefully this one is more Mad Max and less Spider-Man.
>>
Frankly, I'm not mad this will get another director and lead. I've only seen Golden Army and if they were stuck with the girl who had a shit actress the whole new movie could've been toast.

Golden Army had 10/10 visuals, but GDT was stealing from BeksiƄski like a motherfucker.
>>
>>92223486
what??? they're not recasting him are they???? i hadn't even noticed they said anything about a sequel.
>>
>>92223486
He's go the forehead for it.
>>
>>92224257
they are using the sheriff guy from stranger things. I don't mind it, it's probably the only comic book movie part he could get with him looking like a beer gutted caveman.

Perlman is great, probably one of the 10/10 castings, but I'm willing to give another actor a shot. I'm more worried about the direction.
>>
>>92223486
I'm more worried about the new director rather than the new actor.

Ron Perlman did an amazing job with his take on the character, but now he's pretty old so I understand if they don't want him back.
>>
>>92224260
now let's hope it'll be make-up and not some fucking cgi
>>
>>92223486
Who's gonna direct?
>>
>>92224348
Neil Marshall. The Descent, Dog Soldier, some episodes of Game of Thrones.
>>
>>92224357
Huh, I haven't seen anything he's directed. Maybe it'll at least be decent.
>>
>>92224357
Dog Soldiers is fucking awesome. It's a fantastic action/horror blend.
>>
>>92224189
I just hope there isn't a fucking audience-insert human agent that we get to follow around.

Also fuck Hellboy and Liz being romantically involved like it was done in the movies.
>>
If they're going with Neil Marshall they must be cutting the budget to ribbons, all the guy does in low-budget genre horror stuff when he's not directing TV.

Marshall is s damn good director and I've been a fan of harbour since before Stranger Things, but this smells like trouble from a production standpoint. Whether or not you like Del Taco's version of the character it's clear he had carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he wanted to, Marshall doesn't have that power.

>>92224425

I HOPE I GIVE YOU THE SHITS YOU FUCKING WIMP
>>
File: DIE FOR THE FEDERATION!.gif (2MB, 372x323px) Image search: [Google]
DIE FOR THE FEDERATION!.gif
2MB, 372x323px
>>92224357
>mfw getting the same soldier-banter between B.P.R.D agents and Hellboy as the lads in Dog Soldiers while shit goes down

Fuck yes that's what I want.
>>
To be honest, I'm hopeful that they actually do the comic book storyline. I want to see the Frogmen and Roger, hell, I'd like to see the Psychic agent too.
Maybe if things go week in this, we get a spinoff series of BPRD movies while Hell oy is fighting mermaids and demonic seaslugs.
>>
>>92224995
Honestly, the best case scenario that I'd hope for is for there to be Hellboy movies dealing with the grand happenings that take place along his story, spin-off Abe Sapien movies to deal with his character and then a B.P.R.D tv show to bind them together and supply the monster-of-the-week feeling before shit really hits the fan with the third movie or something like that, when suddenly it becomes Hell On Earth.

As long as they make a B.P.R.D show where the agents actually do die it could be fucking amazing to have it run alongside the big Hellboy releases and gradually getting darker as the Hellboy movies progress. It'd have to be a high-budget show, though. You can't deliver the scene where they're in NY(?) and find the spot where everyone's gone to kill themselves if the rest of the show looks and feels like The Walking Dead.
>>
>>92224995

>To be honest, I'm hopeful that they actually do the comic book storyline.

They aren't going to make 9 Hellboy movies that cover the sum total of decades of storytelling along with 25 spinoff movies and TV shows.

The idea of "accurate" Hellboy adaptations is a joke, the best you can hope for a is a Del Toro situation where someone takes the universe and does their own spin on it. Movies do not tell stories like comic books.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.