[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say it!- Shows you like that no one else seems to edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: say it.jpg (19KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
say it.jpg
19KB, 500x440px
I'll start
>nuPPG
I only recently started watching this once my cable got hooked up in my new place but I like it. It's not at action packed as original PPG, but it's charming in it's own way. And it's a lot more fun. A good cleanse of the pallet after the later seasons of old PPG. The absence of Bellum bothers me though.

>nuBen 10
Second verse, same as the first. It grew on me and again, not as serious as it's original counterpart, but a lot more cartoony and fun. NuGwen also grew on me.

>The Looney Tunes show
Mostly for the interactions between Bugs and Daffy; they had a good back and forth. Plus Lola was a lot more entertaining to watch and wasn't just "sexy furry girl". Shame it was canceled.
>>
Teen Titans Go is ok. I dislike how often CN shows it but I don't have cable so it doesn't really affect me. There are some bad ones but usually I'm decently entertained.
>>
>>92218957
TTG is one of those things I found myself really TRYING to like
>>
I don't like Star Vs
>>
>>92219000
I liked it enough to have it on in the background and play on my phone. I actually don't think I have even watched it since I got rid of cable
>>
>>92218880
Being an old school Looney Tunes fan I was outraged when I heard it was becoming a sitcom, but when I finally gave it a go it was one of the funniest cartoons I'd seen and the characters translated really well to the new setting. The creators of that show went on to make Mike Tyson Mysteries, I'd recommend it it's also pretty funny.
>>
>>92218880
Not a show, but season 6 of adventure time. I understand why people didn't dig it, and even I thought it went a little off the experimental deep end at times, but all in all, I found it a very enjoyable and interesting season. There's more nuance and ambiguity to how the stories were told, that while were often not as immediately gratifying as the early seasons, offered a more engaging experience that forced you to think about the themes and ideas being presented. The downside is that the fun factor was sometimes forgotten about, which resulted in incredibly boring episodes like Sad Face and Chips and Ice Cream (Season 7 did a better job at making it enjoyable on both the surface and deeper levels.) When it worked though, it resulted in some of the best episodes of the series like The Tower, Jermaine or You Forgot Your Floaties. At the very least I think season 6 deserves respect for trying to do something different in the TV and animation industry.
>>
>>92218880
Parodies aren't funny.
>>
>>92220409
You haven't seen good parodies.
>>
>>92220476
Name one.
>>
>>92220532
Samurai Quack

no I'm not that guy who shall not be named, thanks for asking I guess...
>>
I like Samurai Jack and Steven Universe but many people on /co/ often would rather complain about these shows than discuss the characters, motifs, or over-arching stories. Instead of actually analyzing and connecting to these shows (i.e.: enjoying them) /co/mrades tend to question the writing. Once in a while criticism of the people behind something is fine, but I wanna see what /co/ has to offer in terms of analyzing and making sincere predictions instead of jabbing at shows they watch, but apparently don't like. (???)
>>
File: Katty.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Katty.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I like the jack/ashi romance
>>
>>92221357
Some of us just want all 2010s cartoons to be cancelled and never aired again, and for the networks to start making 2000s-style shows again.
>>
>>92218880
People really didn't like The Looney Tunes Show? It knew what it was and it was fucking great. I thought they translated the traditional Looney Tunes characters into a sitcom atmosphere quite well, plus it was dripping with tongue-in-cheekness. Also, it had waifus everywhere.
>>
>>92222081
I prefer my waifus human, thank you very much.

*shudder*
Sometimes /co/ is just disgusting.
>>
>>92218880
I was absolutely smug as fuck when Jashi became canon. I still am smug as fuck
>>
>>92221904
Mah nigga
>>
/co/ will always be its worst enemy when it comes to shows they like because they hype them to high hell and shitpost furiously and then get mad when the show's creator doesn't cater to their every demand on everything

it's not anything new, but it never gets old
>>
>>92221904
I have that episode saved on my DVR
>>
File: 1389115607155.jpg (123KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
1389115607155.jpg
123KB, 576x864px
>>92218880
I really liked Beware the Batman. I enjoyed having story arcs and continuity in a Batman cartoon. The tone for it is almost perfect and reminiscent of B:TAS, minus the laser guns, but that wasn't really its fault. It also did genuinely new things with the mythos that set it apart from other Batman continuities.
>>
File: blu_cera.png (41KB, 386x387px) Image search: [Google]
blu_cera.png
41KB, 386x387px
Legend of Korra was a flawed but ultimately good show.

I do not get the appeal of Loud House AT ALL. It's a bland, by-the-numbers kid's show that deserves none of the hype /co/ lavishes upon it.

Steven Universe was a promising show with an interesting theme/style/mythology that has devolved into a lumbering mess due to network fuckery and the show's talent either bending over backward to pander to the show's tumblr-dwelling fanbase or leaving for greener pastures.

I'm still fairly convinced that Ruby Gloom never existed and was an elaborate hoax by /co/.

Company wars aside, the DCEU sucks but I wish it didn't.

Marvel's recent, godawful state is its own fault and has nothing to do with Disney's influence. The Marvel movies are quite good for the most part, and Civil War's airport scene did not, despite /co/'s firm conviction, look bad.

Samurai Jack is a fun show but there aren't enough things to say about it to fill a single thread, much less 6 pages worth at all times.

/pol/ is the modern version of pre-/r9k/ /b/, a containment board that exists purely because shutting it down would result in the vile, chunky mass spilling out into the rest of 4chan. It really is tumblr's perfect counterpoint.
>>
Gravity Falls was a great show that ended on a good note.

Teen Titans Go is decent, but is way too overplayed.

Breadwinners is sort of a guilty pleasure to me.

The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Netflix show is severely underrated with top-tier waifu material.

The MST3K reboot is good.

The 2015 Muppets series was good and deserved to laast longer. Also, Yolanda a best.

I like collecting Funko Pops.

Zoophobia was a flawed but overall good webcomic and the author doesn't deserve half the shit she gets.
>>
>>92223801
>The MST3K reboot is good.
Wait, is that actually controversial? I've heard nothing but praise.
>>
>>92223868
Well, I suppose there is a minority that doesn't like it.
Thank goodness I'm not the minority for once.
>>
>>92223694
>I do not get the appeal of Loud House AT ALL. It's a bland, by-the-numbers kid's show that deserves none of the hype /co/ lavishes upon it.

Dude /co/ hates The Loud House because of their mindset of It's Popular Now it Sucks and /co/ lie to me but don't lie to yourselves you know it's true.
>>
TTG doesn't bother me, I wouldn't call myself a "fan" as I haven't watched since that "lets get serious" episode, but it seems fine to me, TT fanbase is just shitty fucking weeaboos

Looney Tunes show had it's funny bits I agree with you there, and Lola was reivented into a good character and a much hotter one coincidentally

Other than that idk...MLP is the only currently airing show I'm still in love with, I like others but so do other people so that doesn't really qualify, I guess people on this board tend to not exactly dislike but tend to ignore Jem, which I think was a great show

Oh, and there also are some major faggots who think Animaniacs suck here, it didn't
>>
>>92224889
> major faggots who think Animaniacs suck here
Anyone who thinks Freakzoid or Animaniacs sucks are officially people I do not want to know and deserve to burning in hell
>>
>>92220252
i agree, season 6 is one of my favourite seasons of adventure time. i cant help but feel like a lot of the hate for it is just because its not really like the previous seasons
>>
>>92225132
That's understandable though. If the things that people love about a show aren't there anymore, it's hard to blame them for being turned off by it. There is a different kind of enjoyment to be gleaned from season 6 that I wish more people were receptive to, but what can you do.
>>
>>92224836
/co/ got tired of loud house due to the fanbase, as the fanbase here is incredibly annoying, shitposting towards other fandoms mainly being CN with petty insults and threads
>>
Right Now Kapow and Elena of Avalor are underrated cartoons.

Marvel's current cartoons are decent at worst.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.