[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it plagiarism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tom bugs.jpg (437KB, 2462x750px) Image search: [Google]
tom bugs.jpg
437KB, 2462x750px
Was it plagiarism?
>>
>>92213429
no
>>
The bugs bunny people absolutely plagiarized that shit. The Tom and Jerry episode fits within the spirit of the show, the Bugs Bunny episode is a alien to the seriess at the time.
>>
>>92213503
Yeah, the fact that they even gave Bugs a little mouse rival was a little much.
>>
>>92213503
Both shorts are hilarious but Bugs going against a mouse is too close for just being a coincidence. Although it was also the first time Tom was portrayed as something other than a normal house cat so who knows.

>Bugs shooting a guy in the audience for coughing
>>
>>92213762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGH03m2pGEM
>>
Either way, the attention to detail with music back then was truly amazing. I loved seeing the Looney Tunes orchestral thing the National Symphony does every now and then. They even had that episode of Tom and Jerry last time.
>>
File: 1486731326374.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486731326374.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>92214497
Fucking REKT
>>
>>92213429
Chuck Jones worked on both Looney Tunes and Tom&Jerry, if anything he's ripping himself off.
>>
>>92213429
I love Looney Tunes so much, but yeah, there is no way that wasn't plagiarized.
>Same setup
>Bugs suddenly faces a mouse
>Same punchline
>>
>>92217140
>>92213429
both playing liszt too
>>
>>92213429
"Rhapsody Rabbit" came out in November of 1946, while "The Cat Concerto" came out in April of 1947.
>>
>>92217000
But the Bugs Bunny cartoon was after the Tom and Jerry one, and he didn't work on Tom and Jerry until the 60s
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes but the Bugs Bunny version was better.
>>
>>92217000
Friz Freleng directed this obvious plagiarism
>>
>>92224812
He's also the best Looney Tunes director so it evens out.
>>
>>92213429
It was a trope for old cartoons
>>
>>92224858
How do you figure, son
>>
>>92225034
He just is.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.