[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: ow.png (735KB, 640x1419px) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
735KB, 640x1419px
Can we all at least agree that Family Guy is the most edgelord cartoon on TV right now?
>>
Is Mr Pickles still a thing?
>>
why are you still watching that show OP?
>>
>>92209625
Do you really think that's edgy anon? Or are you more upset by the commentary?
>>
File: mrpickles.jpg (283KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mrpickles.jpg
283KB, 960x1440px
>>92209767
As the apparently only person who likes Mr. Pickles, I hope so.
>>
What's edgy about that joke? It's probably one of the most tame jokes they've ever done, it's just pointing out reality
>>
>>92210007
>>92210230
Anything that criticizes Christianity in any way is "edgy".

Thank fuck Christians don't kill people when they're offended because they'd make Muslims look like the Peace Corps if they did.
>>
>>92210230
The knives
>>
>>92209625
Nobody watches cartoons these days for laughs op, we want to hear about the politics the creators believe in
>>
>>92210230
It's built on a faulty premise; the Jews were restless and violent towards their Roman conquerors well before Jesus was born. In fact, the two failed Jewish revolts within a century of the crucifixion are probably a chief reason why Christianity caught on, as the Jews refused to accept them as their own and thus the Romans therefore didn't massacre them as harshly during the retributions.
>>
>>92210007
>>92210305
>prior to organized religion everyone was peaceful
>absence of religion makes everyone peaceful
>religion and specifically christianity makes people violent

It is edgy you babies
>>
File: XZJDBUO.jpg (50KB, 557x711px) Image search: [Google]
XZJDBUO.jpg
50KB, 557x711px
>>92210230
>>92210305
>>
>>92210230
*tips*
>>
File: Oao7AVF.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Oao7AVF.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>92210404
>>92210407
They're not wrong, you know
>>
>>92209625
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>92210397
>>religion and specifically christianity makes people violent

This is hilarious because it assumes the viewer doesn't know what came before Christianity.
>>
>>92210397
you might be over-analyzing it, what i took away from that joke was that religion is very divisive and has caused many wars and you can't really disagree with that
>>
File: 1370293057175.gif (793KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1370293057175.gif
793KB, 360x203px
>>92210007
I'm just upset at how euphoric that scene is.
you need at least 6 fedoras estacked on each other to actually believe that everything was literally perfect before Christianity.
>>
>>92210404
Just proving my point.

>>92210397
I'm not saying I agree with the OP, because even religion has basically always existed, and people don't kill each other because of religion, they kill because humans are naturally tribal.

Religious killing is just THOSE FUCKERS, OUR SHIT like every other conflict in human history.
>>
File: 6f0.jpg (68KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
6f0.jpg
68KB, 800x526px
>>92210410
very funny.
>>
>>92210007
>>92210230
>>92210305
>Joke is absent
>Void is filled with preachy skit on how Christianity is bad
>Literally the only point of the sketch is to show how much the writer dislikes Christianity
It's edginess in its purest form. Just because it's common type of edge (the one carried by every faux-intellectual middle-class teenager) doesn't make it not edgy.
>>
>>92210575
>I'm just triggered by different opinions than my own

Maybe blog about it on your tumblr.
>>
>>92210421

*tips even harder*
>>
>>92210580
>Just proving my point.

The fedora speaks!
>>
>>92210210
I like it too.
>>
>>92210651
there is a joke, the sudden shift from being amicable to gutting each other with swords at the mere mention something to do with Christianity

it's not preachy, it was just a low hanging fruit joke

the point of the sketch was to poke fun at religion in a fairly common way

you're just overly sensitive and over analyzing
>>
>>92210305
Isn't it just shitposting? I honestly never met anyone of my age who actually believed in bible shit. Some people find Jesus cool but that's it.
>>
>4chan is filled with christfags now
Fucking /pol/.
>>
>>92210575
>to believe that everything was perfect
YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID, THAT'S NOT WHAT'S IMPLIED

Is using hyperbole such a strange concept to you people? The scene just means that religion is divisive, like >>92210508
said, sheesh. Exaggeration for comedy is a ridiculously old and common concept, bending backwards and forgetting that just so you can say
>muh euphoric fedorafags
is pathetic.
>>
>>92210210
>>92210743
I hope you both know you're terrible people.
>>
>>92210651
Don't forget that he's done entire episodes based on this childish bullshit.

Like the time Brian and Stewie went to an alternate timeline where Christianity doesn't exist and the world was a perfect utopia.

What's especially stupid is that he didn't say religion was gone, just Christianity. That would probably lead to a world dominated by Islam or maybe Buddhism, but Seth is a typical Dawkins Fedora Atheist in that he seems to think the world's only religion is Christianity.
>>
>>92210210
I don't like it. It's Superjail! without the interesting doodle aesthetic or the interesting characters.
>>
To put into perspective the showrunner's ideology, have a quote.

>He said it is "infuriating and idiotic" that two gay partners "have to go through this fucking dog and pony act when they stop at a hotel and the guy behind the counter says, 'You want one room or two?'"

lol
>>
>>92210743
there are dozens of us!
>>
>>92210884
I think Go God Go of South Park made a better point regarding that stuff.
>>
test
>>
>>92210397
>>prior to organized religion everyone was peaceful
There was organized religion before christ anon.
>>absence of religion makes everyone peaceful
There was religion before christ anon.
>>religion and specifically christianity makes people violent
Christ.. anon
>>
>>92210486
the slave trade?
>>
>>92211170
I bet you actually felt a little smug and clever typing that shit up
>>
>>92209625
south park.
>>
>>92210759
Context is helpful, the segue into the sketch was Brian mentioning that there was no war or fighting until religion existed... as a way to supplement his argument that alcoholism doesn't make people more violent.

>>92210580

Even if religion has existed for a long time, explain why animals fight each other in the wild. Bloodthirstiness and indifference to killing for personal gain is just wired into many animals, it was only our culture that made us more peaceful.
>>
>>92211170
You say that when Pascal's Wager exists and makes the exact same mistake you spell out.
>>
>>92209767

Mr. Pickles is still a better show then Family Guy though
>>
>>92211187
Quick, run and cry to Dawkins about how /co/ triggered you.
>>
I'd like Family Guy more if they'd fix Quagmire.

He's now a buzzkill who ruins every scene he's in and makes Brian being in the same episode with him really uncomfortable to watch.

The idea came out of nowhere and it wasn't funny. Glenn's just a huge asshole now.
>>
>>92211418
Not that anon but I'm not sure who you think you're impressing.
>>
>>92211285
There's a lot of problems with Pascal's Wager, but remember that he lived in a time and place so completely dominated by Christianity that to most people the idea of "other religions" comparable to it seemed like outer-space crazytown talk.
>>
>Not posting the alternate universe one
>>
>>92211683
>Hating on Christianity, pushing pseudo-history, and ignoring all scientific achievements outside of Europe all at once
>No real punchline despite this supposedly being a comedy show

How can one man make something so terrible
>>
>>92210793
atheists are not as common as you'd like to think
>>
>>92211779
As everyone knows, there are only three religions in the world and two of them are off limits when it comes to comedy.
>>
>>92211430
just get rid of the damn cutaway gags.
>>
>>92210397
It's extremely amusing and if it actually offends you, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>92211846
Plus, their like the least liked minority. Plus, some people don't like the label and prefer another or not label at all because of identity politics.
>>
I really can't wait until the internet pendulum swings back to hating Christians. They are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>92211918
t. Seth
>>
>>92211918
Not as bad as Mormons.

But, we'll have to get used to it for awhile because as far as things go, things have gone right and with it usually does religion, especially Christianity.
>>
>>92211918
This. Just because the fedoras became too loudmouthy, it doesn't make the christians any less insufferable.
>>
>>92211851
>and two of them are off limits when it comes to comedy
So what you're saying is you've never actually watched Family Guy.
>>
>>92212314
It doesn't blame them for all the world's problems.
>>
>>92211683
Cucktianity was the only thing stopping Euros from adopting Islam though.
>>
>>92212314
What's the other one? Judaism? Pretty sure that's been made fun of many times over. It's just that between Judaism and Christianity, there are more Christians than Jewish people.
>>
>>92212314
Yeah, Christianity is the only one not used in comedy, just in Seth's self-indulgent edgy rants.
>>
Why were innocuous posts deleted en masse?
>>
>>92209625
family guy keeps being as deep s a bowl of noodles
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.