[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do "we" think about the Hellboy movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hellboy1.jpg (146KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy1.jpg
146KB, 1400x700px
What do "we" think about the Hellboy movies?
>>
File: 1481692049947.jpg (63KB, 634x411px) Image search: [Google]
1481692049947.jpg
63KB, 634x411px
Real fucking neato. Wish thre would be a third one
>>
>>92198923

We're split down the middle on which was the better movie.
>>
>>92198923
Ron Perlman was perfect
>>
Thay are alright.
Going for a noticeably different characterization but still enjoyable.
Now that the third movie isn't happening movieverse B.P.R.D doesn't get all suffering it's comic book prototype went through.
Knowing that movieAbe gets to say pure and moe kinda warms my heart.
>>
>>92199392
>perfect

They really did use to much makeup for his face.
>>
>>92198923
They're not a great representation of the comics (especially Hellboy, who comes off as childish and whiny in a way someone his age shouldn't), but they're great on their own and casted exceptionally well
>>
I'm not a fan, because they don't particularly do core Hellboy aspects well. On their own they are pretty decent movies, and Ron Pearlman was one of the most perfect casings know to mankind.
>>
>>92198923
It's a very "Hollywood-azation" of the comics. You can tell that the changes from the comics were clearly made to appeal to a movie going audience. I didn't mind it too much, and the visuals were 10/10.
I wanted to see those twins, I'm sad I never will
>>
>>92198923
It's been ages since I saw them.
Ron Perlman is a great fit for the character, most of the side cast are fantastic and its second only to Pans Labyrinth in terms of delivering Del Toro's visual flair.
On the other hand the core relationship drama really subtracted from my overall enjoyment. It wasn't very good in its own right, but it also sucked attention away from the much more interesting main plots.
>>
>>92198923
They're good, but they're definitely Del Toro's version of Hellboy. That is to say they aren't the masterpiece Mignola's Hellboy is.

Theres also a big difference in how the movies are fairy tales while the comics are folklore. Like if the movie BRPD went into the world of the Fae it would be a place of wonder and magic, while the comics BRPD would find a hostile labyrinth where nothing made sense.
>>
File: 1488549390957.jpg (284KB, 852x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1488549390957.jpg
284KB, 852x1530px
>>92198923
Not too heavy, not too fun. The color is well vivid, even in dark scene. Should be a classic of comic adaptation, sad that it doesn't get more rerun on TV so younger generations can see it.
>>
Do you think comicbook Hellboy and Johann would initially get along much better than the movie versions?
>>
>>92199392
Ron Perlman will eventually be too old or die and we will never have the perfect Hellboy casting ever again.
>>
File: Hellboy_Sword_Of_Storms_cover.jpg (47KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy_Sword_Of_Storms_cover.jpg
47KB, 356x500px
By the way, the two animated Hellboy films -- 'Sword of Storms' and 'Blood and Iron' are well worth watching.
>>
Good movies. Bad movies about Hellboy but good movies featuring Hellboy.
>>
I think of them more as BPRD movies, featuring Hellboy tbqh.
>>
>>92200329
My Nigga.
>>
>>92198923
Great casting, nice props, needed a better screenplay though.
The writing for both was less than stellar, and good effects will only take you so far.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.