[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOTG Audience Only 9% Under 20 Years Old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: thanos.jpg (646KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
646KB, 1600x1200px
Is Marvel starting to panic? 91% of the audience is over 20! Kids are not watching this movie!? Dude, parents are not taking their kids to see a Disney movie! IT HAS A BABY TREE IN IT!!! AND A RAT!!!! THEY TALK!!!
DRAX MAKES FART JOKES!!!!

Whats happening, guys? Is Marvel losing its core audience? What does this huge letdown in the teenage demographic mean for Homecoming?

Unngghh...WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
>>
Source:BoxOfficeMojo. Today.
>>
>>92197038
You are trying way too hard.
>>
>>92197069
That deadpan dismissal barely conceals the sweat of concern on your brow.
>>
>>92197038
You're part of that 9%, aren't you?
>>
>>92197038
so? Star Wars has no one under 30 and they STILL make billions every movie
>>
>>92197038
>LELSORANDUMB movie only interests to LELSORANDUMB people
News at 11.
>>
>>92197144
Twenty-somethings are real into Star Wars. At least I am.
>>
It's rated PG13 and ~8% of America is 13-19 years old.
What is weird about any of this?
>>
>>92197038
For a long time, the business has been keeping the "adults" in a child/adolescent like spirit so they can sell the shit straight to them. Before, they had to use the kids in order to get the parent's money. Now they can just sell their toys and videogames straight to the owners of the credit cards.
>>
>>92197225
this

the 18-35 demographic is the most important demographic and Disney has that on lock
>>
The first one was too edgy for young children desu. I imagine most parents don't want to have to explain that Quill's ship is covered with his semen.
>>
>>92197038
How do they tell? Do they measure it based on the "child ticket" sales?
>>
>>92197180
There was nothing random about any of it.
>>
>>92197038
C'mon man.
>>
I guess if it weren't bringing in massive amounts of adults they might be worried. Number of kids will probably go up later because families aren't usually the opening weekend sorts. We've got all summer to go.
>>
>>92197038
Those 18-35 year olds are soon gonna have kids old enough to take with them to the movies or have kids in general
>>
>>92197953
As if these stunted adults can have stable relationships. Nice try though.
>>
File: 1421749157106.gif (393KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1421749157106.gif
393KB, 493x342px
>>92197038

>a movie full of pop culture references from the eighties and before

>for kids

Dude....
>>
>>92197038
Is this really what you thought you'd be doing when you woke up this morning?
>>
>>92198016
Most people don't go on 4chan though
>>
>>92197183
I don't even understand it because the prequels were what was popular with us as kids. I mean those movies blow, but as kids when we talked about star wars it was usually about the prequels. Then when the force awakens trailer came out all these 20 somethings are screaming "OH MY GOD IT'S THE MILLENNIUM FALCON!!! AHHHHHHHHH" ans I'm just like phantom menace was probably your first star wars movie calm down. I could understand manchildren reacting like that because they are manchildren, not trendy millennials.
>>
>>92198620
Anon, the original movies were on VHS during the 90's, and the special editions were in theaters during 1997. There were plenty of ways that a 20-something could have seen the OT before Phantom Menace.
>>
>>92198620

Way to age yourself, kid.
>>
Teens think it's childish and stupid
>>
File: mmmm, that's good cancer.jpg (26KB, 288x226px) Image search: [Google]
mmmm, that's good cancer.jpg
26KB, 288x226px
manchildren were a mistake
>>
>>92197038
Yeah baby tree, but also a lot of jokes about penises and impregnation.

The cute shit is for the women, and you know it.
>>
>>92197038
no one under 20 has money you faggot
>>
MCU has been going on so long that it has the same problem as comics: too much materials acts as a barrier to entry. Only people already into it are the ones watching new releases.
>>
>>92197038
>the majority of people going to see a Marvel Comics movie are adults looking for a nostalgia fix, not kids new to the franchise
Um, yes?

Wasn't that the assumption from the beginning? That it was adults, who had read comics as kids but given them up, who were going to see these movies?

That's like being surprised that people who went to watch the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies were people who had read the books.
>>
>>92198620
I was never a huge Star Wars fan, but I was a teen around the time Ep 1 came out and, since I had a friend who was a fan, I was very hyped for it. I'd gotten the soundtrack before the movie came out and it was great.

Then I watched the thing and it was terrible.

The other two didn't redeem it in my mind.

So I don't get how there's people who go "but I loved the prequels because I was young when they came out". They were always shit.
>>
>>92200243
Yousa means yous didn't likea the Gungans?
>>
>>92200225
I think so too. The MCU is the new version of the James Bond films. If you didnt watch the many that came out before you arent likely to catch the latest one.
>>
>>92197289
>Quill's ship is covered with his semen

say what
>>
The guardians movies were always intended for a slightly more mature audience. Why do you think there's jokes about masturbation in the first movie?
>>
>>92199433
This
Everyone who was at least 8 when Phantom Menace came out had already seen the original movies
>>
Someone said the humor is for the females but Boxofficemojo says the audience is only 44% female. So...is it working? Or...is it just feminizing the brains of more men?
>>
Since OP is a faggot and didn't even bother to post the statistics for that bullshit, let me show you what is really meant by that 9%

>PostTrak updates their audience polls throughout the weekend and GOTG2 is still strong among older men and women over 25 with 32% and 26%, respectively. Guys under 25 rep 25% of all moviegoers, while females of that age are at 18%. All this means is that Marvel fans are aging up, and that those who were under 25 when the first movie opened crossed over. Strong positive reactions among all four demos with M25+ (94%), M25- (93%), F25+ (91%) and F25- (88%). Disney shows that 72% adults came out for GOTG2, 19% families, and 9% teens.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-box-office-opening-summer-season-kickoff-1202084714/
>>
File: 1494057113706.png (586KB, 1000x526px) Image search: [Google]
1494057113706.png
586KB, 1000x526px
>>92197038
>trying THIS hard
>>
>>92198016
It's the economy, stupid.
>>
>>92198620
Anon I saw the OT before any of the prequels and I was born in 96
>>
>>92198620
I dunno about you, but I didn't see the prequels until maybe the end of my elementary school years, and I was born in 96. Even then I held more interest for the prequel games than the movies themselves. The original trilogy is just GOTY, and was a bigger part of my childhood
>>
>>92200711
>"Put this ship under a black light, it'll look like a freakin' painting
>>
>>92200860
>only 44%

That's nearly half.
>>
>>92200243
This. I was about 12 when Episode I came out, I had already seen the old ones on tv and on the theatre because the special editions got theatrical releases to build up for the prequels, and even back then it fucking sucked.
>>
>>92198620
I think it comes down to parenting. Most the 20 somethings I know who love star wars came from star wars houses. If you saw the original trilogy the first at five with your father and then the two of you bonded watching them over and over for years then, yeah, I 100% get it.
>>
>>92200860
>only 44%
Are you dumb?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.