[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Why are ppl so passed off aboot this shipping? I mean I saw nothing wrong with the episode. My only concern is that there are just 2 episodes left to resolve all the plot threads, and the pacing might get funked
>>
File: IMG_2471.jpg (10KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2471.jpg
10KB, 242x251px
why hasn't anyone realized that because Ashi and Jack are a thing now, Aku is gonna point out that Jack killing him would mean that Ashi no longer exists which cause internal conflict and forever lasting consequences
>>
File: samurai jack - two parter.jpg (342KB, 2516x1936px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack - two parter.jpg
342KB, 2516x1936px
Next episode Jack meets up with astral Scotsman. The last episode Jack kills Aku. Jack does not get back to the past.
>>
they think she ruined the darker and grittier tone of the first 3 episodes which a lot of people in this board have a hard on for

i dont have a problem with a love interest in theory but the script writers fumbled the execution
>>
>ROMANCE IS SO CLICHE!
>WHAT IS THIS? HUMOR? NOT IN MY SAMURAI JACK!
>>
>>92197250
well as a caveat id like to add so far theyve fumbled it, the last 2 episodes might redeem the heavy focus on a love interest to some degree or completely.
>>
>>92197022
She's like 16 and he's 75.
>>
people who never watched samurai jack are complaining about samurai jack.
i mean it's not like jack wasn't open to love in the series.
there have been a few girls that aren't aku that he was interested in.
>>
File: 1490509830112.jpg (102KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490509830112.jpg
102KB, 600x471px
>>92197022
I've been avoiding /co/ since watching the episode and seeing how the talkback threads were going so I don't know where the discourse has moved, but for me it does partially come down to "no romance in muh Samurai Jack." Ashi seems like she only exists in the first place so Genndy could shoehorn a love interest into the series, it doesn't feel natural to me with how far they pushed it, spending an entire episode trying to sell it. Pacing is also a big concern of mine, since as you said there are only two episodes left and they just wasted an entire episode on this.
I'm also worried about the possibility that Jack throws away his entire quest of returning to the past over some broad. I don't know if Genndy would do it but after this episode I can't completely believe in him.

Oh, and it didn't help that all the shippers just spammed "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS EPISODE YOU'RE TUMBLR" for hours on end after the episode aired. Seems like they calmed down on that, at least.
>>92197304
This is also a slight concern of mine. I think she's closer to 20 but the age gap still seems too wide to be healthy.
>>
File: hlLlmt1.png (791KB, 1271x715px) Image search: [Google]
hlLlmt1.png
791KB, 1271x715px
>>92197022
>the pacing might get funked

MIGHT?
>>
>>92197357
>Seems like they calmed down on that, at least.

Yeah, they deescalated to accusing people of being virginal Redditfags.
>>
>>92197304
this isn't that big of an issue seeing as there are legit arguments to say she's 18 or older and Jack is still mentally mid-20s since he doesn't biologically age

the bigger issue is that he killed all her sisters, albeit self defense
>>
>>92197022
I thought they were aiming for a father/daughter rrelationship due to the fact that Jack is much older (even if he doesn't look like it), and that the first scene the two of them had together (besides Ashi trying to kill Jack) were about Jack teaching her about the world, telling her bedtime stories, that kinda thing.

But hey, I'm not complaining, if anyone deserves a qt girlfriend it's Jack. And I do prefer fapping to canon pairings.
>>
>>92197449
>due to the fact that Jack is much older
Ashi is a 20 something and Jack can't be beyond 30 and has stayed around the same age for 50 years.
>>
>>92197502
In this situation it's how long you've been alive that matter, not how old your body is.
>>
>>92197357
>she's closer to 20 but the age gap still seems too wide to be healthy
I'll never get this train of thought. Both are consenting adults, why would age gap matter in that sense. Personally, whenever I see that, I can only think of a relationship with a gold digger waiting for the other to die so that they could take the loot. However, it seems that people are concerned with other things... What gives?
>>
>>92197197
Because Ashi could just easily go back in time with Jack?

Also considering that to his knowledge all the time portals are gone, Jack's current plan is just to kill Aku in the current time period.
>>
>>92197521
No one seems to mind when some 50 year old celebrity is fucking someone half their age. I guess it's different if you're rich/famous.
>>
>>92197522
>jack learns of another time portal
>wowee, i guess i CAN go back to the past and finish my quest! looks like the world and my home can be saved, and i can live out my life in peace
>but on the other hand, that chimp-faced bitch who's family i killed wants to have sex with me in this forsaken time
>hmmmmmm i'll stay
>>
>>92197522
>not saving your dad from the wraith of an evil incarnate who also has a grudge against him for some pussy

I didn't think someone could be so retarded
>>
>>92197521
Agreed.

And I'm not sure why it's such an issue here--I don't see people throwing shit fits about Rose Quartz or Wolverine being super old and also being in romantic relationships with normal-aging humans.

Also, with all the ship teasing and will-they-won't-they speculation that goes on in shows nowadays, I found it oddly refreshing that they established two characters being attracted to each other, and then getting together, in a single ep.
>>
>>92197604
>>92197669
Are both you niggers illiterate? Did you not read the part where I said Ashi could just go back in time WITH Jack?
>>
File: IMG_2478.jpg (28KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2478.jpg
28KB, 640x472px
>>92197734
>that part where jack goes back in time and kills Aku and everything that once was Aku timeline no longer exists including Ashi

I didn't think someone could be so retarded
>>
>>92197022
It felt extremely forced and unnecessary. Maybe if it was more subtle and built up more throughout the season it could have worked. But instead it was just mindless fanservice and an otherwise stoic Jack behaving like a horny teenager for the entire episode.
>>
>>92197022
I don't have a problem with the shipping, so much as Jack's behavior throughout the episode.

In the past, he has interacted with women that tried to woo him with their bodies, (specifically that one woman on the train) and he just awkwardly sidestepped the attempts. Or straight up didn't notice.

But here, in the middle of a fight for his life, he starts spilling his spaghetti all over the place just because their hands touched.
>>
>>92197784
So does Jack stop existing too then? Because he came back from there.
>>
>>92197918
what? rewatch those peisodes, Jack has always been a sucker for women and its a classic flaw of righteous men. First he falls for Aku's disguise totally, then he gets enraptured with the bounty hunter on the train and nearly gets killed while she fondles his muscles and he enjoys it and there's also the time he sees the stripper in a rave club and gets entranced.
>>
>>92197926
Yes, technically our Jack would stop existing as well
>>
>>92197926
Yes, technically our Jack would stop existing as well
He'd actually fine peace once it's all over
>>
>>92197022
You've forgotten your purpose!

STAY VIRGIN JACK! OR WE DOOM!
>>
>>92197975
>while she fondles his muscles and he enjoys it

He only smiled, relaxed, and let his guard down. He didn't start having a panic attack because a woman touched him.

And if I thinking of the correct episode, he was entranced by that stripper because she had multiple eyes.
>>
so, I don't watched it, only as a kid I did

so now he goes back in time and have a son to send to kill aku and still have his wife

so he is literally his own father

they will pull out some futurama shit
cool
>>
>>92198599
What country are you from?
>>
>>92197304

Her age isn't verified.
>>
>>92197784

>implying timelines aren't a branching tree, rather than a circle
>>
>>92198654
a shit country from the south

why?
>>
>>92197197
I'm more invested on seeing Jack's reaction when Aku reveals Ashi is his biological daughter

>You think the daughters of Aku were just a fancy name, didn't you samurai?
>>
File: no fun.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
no fun.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>92197022
>jack finds Ashi dying
>tends her wounds out of guilt
>slowly discovers that she and her sisters never had a choice and had been brainwashed since birth
>tries to commit seppuku
>ashi stops him
What do you think?
>>
>>92198942
Fuck me, that made no sense. I think I'm having a seizure or something. It was supposed to be a suggestion on how to improve the pacing and tone.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.