[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cohesive universe going on for 17 movies by the end of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 55

File: MCU.jpg (98KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
MCU.jpg
98KB, 1024x533px
>cohesive universe going on for 17 movies by the end of the year
>genuinely good actors and great moments
>some movies are good, some meh and some bad, but as a whole its entertaining and faithful adaptations
>next to no scandals behind the scenes
I honestly don't think the MCU gets enough credit and I say this as an oldfag that remembers what things were like long before Spider-man made hollywood buy every comic property out there.
>>
File: pence.png (366KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
pence.png
366KB, 500x503px
15/17 villains dead.

shit universe.
>>
>>92171366
It has grossed 11 billion so far. It is probably going to be on 13 billion by the end of the year.
>>
>>92171366

I agree. It's not perfect. The flaws are well, even overly discussed and analyzed. But the amount of shit they got right or close to right is incredibly impressive. Granted, that could be because the bar was so very low with most super hero films being treated as jokes, even by the people who made them, before the MCU got rolling, but eh.
>>
>genuinely good
No
go back to /tv/.
>>
File: in-feige-we-trust.jpg (10KB, 400x167px) Image search: [Google]
in-feige-we-trust.jpg
10KB, 400x167px
We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.
>>
>>92171436
You could make an existing Masters of Evil with Zemo, Justin Hammer, Abomination, Loki, Klaw, Mordo and Red Skull (they could so easily bring him back).

Not to mention more traditional characters like Enchantress or Radioactive Man could easily be introduced at any time.
>>
>>92171512
/tv/ is literally in a meltdown right now over Red Letter Media loving GotG2

Cry more, faggot.
>>
File: James Bond pepe.jpg (265KB, 3508x2334px) Image search: [Google]
James Bond pepe.jpg
265KB, 3508x2334px
>>92171436
Hammer is still alive
Loki is still alive
Red Skull is presumably still alive
Thanos is still alive
Ultron might still be alive given that we didn't actually see Vision kill him like we did the others (though probably not)
Nebula is still alive, though she's turned good I suppose
Abomination is still alive
Mandarin is still alive
Trevor Slattery is still alive
Zemo is still alive
Tony Stark is still alive
Zola is probably still alive somewhere

If we count the Netflix shows
Madam Crane is still alive
Wilson Fisk is still alive
Mariah is still alive
Shades is still alive
Diamondback is still alive (unfortunately)
Bakuto is still alive
>>
>>92171366
>I honestly don't think the MCU gets enough credit and I say this as an oldfag that remembers what things were like long before Spider-man made hollywood buy every comic property out there.

It actually does. Either way, its the only current Marvel Universe worth investing in.
>>
I'm just amazed we got to see a live action Ego the living planet, played by Kurt Russel even.
>>
Too bad villains are utter shit.
>>
>>92171366
>17 meme movies
>each one taylor made for reddit

MCU is literally the worst thing to happen to cinema, if you like these films dive into the nearest trashcan head first, your garbage
>>
>>92171853
We now live in a world where fucking Groot and Rocket Raccoon are two of the most well known comic book characters on the planet.

I mean They're not quite Superman/Batman/Spider-Man levels yet, but even normies know them.
>>
>>92171935
>literally the worst thing to happen to cinema
Even if I assume this was comedic exaggeration it's still laughably wrong.
>>
>>92171935
and yet there isn't a single person in the world that wouldn't pick them a thousand times over your shitty DC movies
>>
>>92172087
>>92172121

capeshit has destroyed cinema, if you disagree you are literally, figuratively, objectively & subjectively wrong
>>
>>92172162
Their biggest influence on cinema has been the over abundance of film studios trying to take a chance by green lighting adaptations of books and comics that might not have necessarily been made originally in the hopes of pulling an Avengers.

If you think that films based on prior works are a bad thing, bear in mind that the Godfather was a book first.
>>
>>92172121
>MCU sucks
>W-well they are better than the DC movies

Why do Marlel fans and DC-EW fans think when you shit talk one of them, you're a fan of the other. There do exist people who hate superhero movies as a whole.
>>
>>92171676
>Tony Stark
>Villain
>>
>>92171366

>but as a whole its entertaining and faithful adaptations

No. Just no. It's not faithful having Stark make Ultron because some director fucked up the scheduling. Or now we have all these writers and directors and producers just doing their own damn thing and taking the most shallow aspect of something they saw on the cover of a comic.

Marvel is all style and no substance at this point.
>>
File: Bathroom.png (108KB, 282x366px) Image search: [Google]
Bathroom.png
108KB, 282x366px
>>92172306
Because some spergs actually buy into the company wars thing.

I mean when you think about it, Marvel vs. DC was the original nerd debate before Kirk vs. Picard or Star Wars vs. Star Trek or Nintendo vs Sega Marvel, Picard, Wars and Nintendo for me btw but the laughable thing was that Stan Lee started it as a tongue in cheek joke on the letters pages. He played fucking golf with the DC guys at the weekend. But here we are nearly 60 years later and people have started taking it seriously, as though there's a side you need to pick and champion.

Company wars are the perfect display of the autism of nerds.
>>
>>92172367
I was just shitposting when I put him in there, don't worry.

Though he does have some shady actions under his belt
>>
>>92171436
give me one good reason to keep every other villain alive
>>
>>92171676
>Hammer is still alive
Yep.
>Loki is still alive
Yep.
>Red Skull is presumably still alive
Probably.
>Thanos is still alive
Obviously.
>Ultron might still be alive given that we didn't actually see Vision kill him like we did the others (though probably not)
He likely did. Vision was full on knowing that Ultron wasn't going to change and stop and that he needed to be put down.
>Nebula is still alive, though she's turned good I suppose
At least not as bad.
>Abomination is still alive
Yep.
>Mandarin is still alive
Yep.
>Trevor Slattery is still alive
I don't think he really counts as a villain. Just and ignorant pawn.
>Zemo is still alive
Yep.
>Tony Stark is still alive
Oh, you.
>Zola is probably still alive somewhere
Doubtful. If Zola could actually leave that bunker, I don't think he would've even been in there for Rogers and Romanoff to find him. Zola is probably dead. Though it'd be cool for him to pop up in like a flashback of maybe Fury or Pym's. His body did die in the 70s after all.
>>
>>92171676
>Mandarin is still alive
>Implying that one shot actually means something for the MCU as a whole

That was just damage control for cry babies that coudnt stand they un interesting villain was actually a fabrication in the MCU.
>>
>>92171436

>15/17 villains dead

No one is dead. literally no villain.
>>
>>92171676

Kaecilius and Dormammu are still both very much alive and are now actually more powerful.
>>
>>92173622
Yeah I forgot them. Although Kaecilius appeared to be turned into a nameless one, so yeah he's alive if you can call that living...
>>
>>92173525

I didn't even see that one shot and even I can tell Killian was never the Mandarin. He was capitalizing on only the name of an already existing terrorist to cover up his Extremis fuck ups.

It'd be retarded to think that he was behind an entire insurgent movement that until the events of IM1, had absolutely nothing to do with Stark.
>>
>>92171676
As of now I think Ultron was killed by Vision. But it would be extremely easy to bring him back with the explanation of having planted a backup or something deep in the net. Ultron excels at not dying.
>>
>>92172687

They need to use their villains again though. That's what makes franchises have such staying power. Seeing Darth Vader, voldemort, magneto and so on over and over again. Loki is the only reoccuring villain in the MCU and that's pitiful considering the amount of opportunity marvel has had.
>>
>>92174330
Actually I'd say what's made the MCU have such staying power is their heroes, not their villains.

They rely on having charismatic likeable heroes that you enjoy seeing on screen to cover up how flimsy their plots sometimes are.

Even Thor 2 which is the worst of the bunch gets by because Hemsworth is damn likeable as Thor.

I want them to use some of their villains again, but Marvels success is very much in their heroes, not villains.
>>
File: Batroc.png (657KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Batroc.png
657KB, 800x800px
>>92174330
>They need to use their villains again though.

Agreed. I'd like more reoccurring badguys. I wasn't exactly thrilled they killed off Rumlow and they probably could've come up with an excuse to bring back Hammer by now.

But the ones that are dead are dead and there's nothing we can do about it except just laying back and taking it.

Also, >>92171676 >>92173811 forgot about Batroc.
>>
>>92171366
>faithful adaptations
stopped reading there
>>
>>92171366
I honestly never thought I'd live to see the day where a GotG movie was made, and in it, the death of Yondu Fucking Udonta moved me more and hit me harder than the death of Superman.

The fuck kinda time line is this?
>>
>>92171366
overrated shit
>>
>>92175344
The kind where WB is desperate for another Harry Potter level success and a new CEO greenlit way too much shit at once to not look like a weak leader.

MoS literally exists out of fear of a lawsuit, Snyder being WB's capeshit guy and Goyer having an old script laying around. The perfect storm of dogshit.
>>
>>92175344
time for you to end it
>>
>>92175508
you just have shit taste
>>
File: Snyder Does It Again.webm (3MB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Does It Again.webm
3MB, 1280x684px
>>92175576
Along with most people except in /tv/ echochambers apparently
>>
File: 36a.jpg (73KB, 396x1076px) Image search: [Google]
36a.jpg
73KB, 396x1076px
>>92172306
Why would such people be on this fucking board?
>>
>>92172162
Try a little bit harder.
You're my kind of b8.
>>
>>92175246
Just like your first comic, then.
>>
>>92171676
>Ultron might still alive
>Adam Warlock is being gestated
>Nova Corps/Xandar is all but left in ruins from the first GoTG and GoTG Vol. 2 leading for the possibility of Richard Rider Nova.

FUCK
Annihilation WHEN?
>>
>>92175713
I've noticed that /tv/ has strongly increased their knowledge of comic books in general.

I think they're starting to come over here now that /tv/ is basically /pol/ 2.0 and half the threads are about comic book movies anyway.

Basically, /tv/ is tsundere for /co/.
>>
>>92175799
[Spoiler]
>Ego isn't a celestial
>Quill was never Ego's son
>Yondu was never a space-hillbilly
>Starhawk was never an Earthling
>Adam was created by the High Evolutionary, not whatever the fuck the Sovereign are.
[/spoiler]

Go on.
>>
>>92175922
>I've noticed that /tv/ has strongly increased their knowledge of comic books in general.
Stop talking about a board as if it's one person.

The people who post in comic book movie threads on /tv/ are people who already have some interest in the genre, everyone else doesn't give a shit.
>>
File: Here to help.png (1MB, 1890x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Here to help.png
1MB, 1890x1460px
>>92175508
You know what? In hindsight now that we have had both BvS and SS I kind of feel like I was too harsh on MoS.

It had a few decent quotes from the comics, and the first flight scene is legitimately fantastic, and quintessentially Superman

Compare that to BvS where the only universally praised scene is the one where Batman goes full HAM on some fools, but as legit fucking cool as that is, there are plenty of other films with fantastic fight sequences in them. Hell, The Raid had such a good one, that every single Marvel Netflix show has to have a copy of it.

Yeah he kills Zod at the end, and thats contentious as hell, but of the three DCEU movies we currently have? MoS is FAR superior in how tight its focus is, in how self aware it is (because BvS clearly thinks its on some smart as fuck philosophical bent, with it's Philosophy fresher-tier banging on about gods and man) and how confident it is as it's own film (unlike Suicide Squad that clearly so desperately wants to be Guardians of the Galaxy)
>>
File: Poor Don.webm (1MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
Poor Don.webm
1MB, 1280x530px
>>92176210
>MoS is FAR superior in how tight its focus is
It depresses me how true this is.

I wonder how big of a mess WW is going to be. Four different scripts, all written by hacks or people like Geoff Johns and Allen Heinberg who clearly have shown they don't understand the character.

Plus, you know, Gadot.
>>
>>92176210

>(because BvS clearly thinks its on some smart as fuck philosophical bent, with it's Philosophy fresher-tier banging on about gods and man)

You do know that's the low hanging fruit in the movie as far is themes go, right?
>>
>>92175895
We see a Nova ship during one of the jumps or when the blue goo starts to grow, so Xandar seems to be rebuilding pretty nicely.

>Annihilation WHEN?

Probably after Infinity Gauntlet, and then mix it with the Infinity storyline with the Avengers going to space.
>>
>>92176210
I mean, yeah, there's a reason why a lot of people who are upset at DCEU as a whole think that MoS was pretty good for what it was worth, while BvS and Skwad were downright going from silly to damn terrible.

Why did they have to give the main movies to someone as bad as Snyder?
>>
File: AND I SAY.jpg (77KB, 264x353px) Image search: [Google]
AND I SAY.jpg
77KB, 264x353px
>>92175983
>autism
>autism
>megafuckingautism
Y'all one of those WHY IS ULTRON QUIPPING REEEEEEE guys aintcha

Have you even read their comics? Have you ever given half a shit about these characters? Is Wiki trivia all they mean to you?
>>
>>92176415
And yet it's the one they keep returning to within the film.
>>
>>92171366
> Comparing the MCU with the comics division is amazing.

> MCU movies, for all their individual flaws, feel like Marvel. At their best they remind you of the Silver Age tonally, but with some added nuance.

> The comics don't feel like Marvel, they mostly feel like fanfics written by people who have never read comics.
>>
>>92176357
I want Wonder Woman to be good so fucking badly. She's a criminally underrated character, and considering her pop culture prevalence, criminally underused.

I remain hopeful without any reason to be.
>>
>>92175922
>I've noticed that /tv/ has strongly increased their knowledge of comic books in general.
If >>92175983 is anything to go by that's still laughable
>>
>>92171495
This. The amount of stuff they have done right amazes me.

Feige is a great man.
>>
>>92176618
This. MCU feels silver age as fuck.

The DCEU has that very clear and present post TDKR funk about it, where everything has to be super serious because super serious is adult.

You know what I mean. When after TDKR dropped and everyone was scrambling to get on that wavelength without understanding what was going on to create it?
>>
>>92176210

I disagree. I thought BvS was aot better than MoS. Amd I don't hate MoS, I liked about two thirds of it but the last act was just one long, not all that interesting action scene. Also didn't think that version of Zod was a good villain. I did like all of the stuff about Clark walking the earth and looking for a place where he belongs. Unlike many people I don't hate Cavill's Superman

I like BvS a lot more because it has a more interesting, more character driven story and a better grasp on the themes behind it.
>>
>>92176610

No, it isn't.
>>
>>92176592

He's right about the movies not being faithful, though.
>>
>>92176779
Let me guess, you enjoyed it because it you thought it was a smart movie for smart people such are yourself, and anybody who didn't like it is a brainlet pleb.
>>
>>92176899

Why you got to act like a cunt because the guy likes BvS better?
>>
>>92176683
you have more reasons NOT to be

like these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=momjDZ4SWYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fOJ8sghp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4729gmRmfHo
>>
File: Noice.jpg (790KB, 1200x1690px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.jpg
790KB, 1200x1690px
>>92176779
Zod was actually kind of interesting to me. He was bred for the sole purpose of protecting Krypton, no matter what the cost. He didn't want to terraform Earth to be a dick, he needed a new Krypton because that was literally the entire reason he was born. And then Supes takes that away from him.

That plays in very well with the whole nature vs nurture thing they had going on with Superman.

Luthor seemed to want Batman and Superman to fight because daddy was mean and because something something man vs god something something.

Zod had a very clear reason for what he was doing, and an understandable one. It might not be the course of action you might take, but you can understand why he'd want to. Luthor on the other hand? Nah. I can't say I'd do what he did, nor see why he was so adamant about doing it.
>>
>>92176953
And these are bad, because?
Exept Gadot tho.
>>
>>92176919
The guy thinks BvS was good, why am I not allowed to make fun of it?

It's only thing people ever mention when they say they like BvS. They think it's deep and make fun of everyone else who didn't like it.
>>
>>92177024
And the only thing people ever mention when they say they hated BvS they present memes as arguments.
>>
>>92176899

It made an attempt to approach its characters from an unusual angle and explore some things about them that other live action movies with them didn't. I respect it a lot for portraying Batma as an antagonist for most of the movie, for commiting to a very controversial version of Lex Luthor and for bringing a sense of closure to Supermans arc that MoS kinda failed to do.

I did appreciate some of the subtext and I will say there was a bunch of stuff many critics either missed or very clearly misunderstood which I found very obvious when I read some of the reviews.
>>
File: Tudor Pepe.png (363KB, 1528x976px) Image search: [Google]
Tudor Pepe.png
363KB, 1528x976px
>>92176953
The alley scene actually looks quite good. I know /co/ is going to fucking hate it though because "muh feminist pandering" as though a film about one of feminism's biggest icons isn't going to include her saving a man.
>>
>>92176919
liking BvS is an affront to nature

anyone who says they do should be met with nothing but scorn and ridicule
>>
>>92177005

>Luthor seemed to want Batman and Superman to fight because daddy was mean and because something something man vs god something something.

Lex wanted to destroy Superman because he was envious of his gift and popularity. So he wanted to prove to everyone that Superman was no god or even hero. Batman was just a tool.
>>
>>92175344
> death of Yondu Fucking Udonta moved me more and hit me harder than the death of Superman.

Really? I think Supes went through a lot more shit and he sacrificed himseflt to save the day despite everyting.

Also music was perfect.
>>
>>92177117
I don't see how anyone can respect that version of Lex Luthor. He was basically Max Landis.

Now I thought he was intriguing as a character, but he felt much more like Siavana to me than Luthor. He was a fucking shit Lex Luthor.

Superman's arc in MoS was: Who am I? Where am I from? Am I of Earth or Krypton? At the end he chose Earth over Krypton.

Should I be the hero everyone wants me to be? is a good place to then take the character, but his arc was very much resolved in MoS
>>
>>92177005
I consider Zod as the best cape-movie villian ever. (yes even better than Joker tho TDK is not a cape-movie.)

>Luthor seemed to want Batman and Superman to fight because daddy was mean and because something something man vs god something something.
And people get butthurt when i say people did not understand BvS...
>>
How come marvel comics are so bad while DC comics are so good but the movies are the other way around.
>>
>>92177236
Yondu's funeral was a legitimately well executed scene though. I can understand many criticisms of GOTG2, but Yondu's funeral definitely isn't one of them, and I feel it's going to be one of the more memorable MCU scenes for me.

Superman's death on the other hand? Not so much.

And I say that as a COLOSSAL Supermanfag
My son is called Clark.

Admittedly primarily after my wife's grandfather, but I had a double reason for suggesting it
>>
>>92177253

Superman's arc in MoS was trying to find more about why he was sent to Earth, ie: his purpose, and shake of the misunderstood idea that humanity would never accept him. He eventually learns that Krypton doesn't represent an answer to his existence or purpose, but rather Earth, and that humanity does accept him, since the government agrees to work with him to save the planet.
>>
File: 2chan anon.jpg (40KB, 304x274px) Image search: [Google]
2chan anon.jpg
40KB, 304x274px
>>92176618
Fun fact: Marvel's empire is founded on realism. They caught on in the 60s because of real personalities, real places, real time etc..
When the comics became profitable, corporate interests crept in and change became a nuisance. By the 1990s we full sliding-timescale; everybody must stay the same forever even if they have to drag history itself behind them.
The MCU catches that original Mahvel magic because actors age and contracts expire and changes STICK. If GotG2 were a comic we'd already be placing bets on how long until Yondu comes back.

People are always shitposting about THE BUBBLE BURSTING but they're just too dynamic for that. They're not fucked until they start recasting beloved seasoned characters with suspiciously younger actors; that'll kneecap the realism and send everything tumbling into the abyss.
>>
>>92177005

I will defend Lex but, yeah, you have to go along with the fact that many of his actions are a result of him obviously being a mentally unstable person.

The guy had obviously a problem with authority because of his daddy issues, he also had a problem with the very idea of aliens existing and being more powerful than humans. Like many aspects of the movie, also MoS, it ties into the depiction of Superman as an immigrant experiencing xenophobia. Lex's and to an extent also Bruce's whole thing was "Here's this foreigner bringing his war to our planet and expecting sympathy from us" which I found clever because the destruction of Metropolis from Bruce's perspective obviously meant to remind us of the 9/11 which was the catalyst for a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment in the west. But I digress.

Lex kinda represents the corporate elite causing people to resent immigrants immigrants. Also, there's that whole thing about power with Lex being a millenial nerd who grew up with the idea that knowledge is power and therefore resents the idea that someone else could be more powerful than him, just for bekng born that way.

What I'm saying is, there's more to what he does than just antagonizing Superman for no reason. He doesn't act rationally but his way of thinking does come through pretty clearly, even if he is kind of a nutcase.
>>
>>92177309
I was being deliberately flippant, but go on, educate me on why Luthor in BvS is actually a really good villain.

Not even shitposting, please do.
I love reading peoples analyses of stuff I don't like but they did, it fascinates me and *sometimes* changes my mind.
>>
>>92175983

>Adam was created by the High Evolutionary, not whatever the fuck the Sovereign are
Not the enclave
T. Casual
>>
>>92171555
/tv/ is in a Love/Hate relationship with RLM and Marvel movies

I hope the Marvel Studios get the Fantastic Four rights back and we get a decent MCU FF films
>>
>>92171514
The MCU is the only thing Marvel has going for them
>>
>>92177561
Sad. Marvel, especially in the Bronze Age, had some of my favorite comics, but now they're all shite.
>>
>>92177375
Yondu's funural was one of the best scnes in Marvel for sure.
But i thought Clark and Superman's 2 funeral was done very good(better) as well.
>If you see his monument look around you.
>>
>>92176779
>more character driven story
What character? Superman had 42 lines, most of them were incredibly short sentences. You had non-sensical sections where he says Superman was a dream of a farmer from Kansas.... when his dad told him to never help anyone and hide in fear.

Are you talking about Lex because his motivation was implied to be "Dad hit me, so powerful men are evil". Are you talking about Bruce because his reasons for murdering thugs is even less sensical within the scope of the DCEU when he has an entire rogues gallery that deserves death. Are you talking about Wonder Woman, because she does nothing.

This is a movie that literally stops multiple times to set up multiple movies and still ends its conflict 2/3rds of the way through to just have a mess of CGI monster kill Superman for film student level metaphors.
>>
>>92177603
The whole civil war and sidelining the X-Men has kinda ruined Marvel Comics and it needs a COIE reboot to fix things
>>
>>92176843
In a meaningful way that isn't dependent on arbitrary details?

The comics evolved naturally. 80% of the lore we consider so intricately woven now was just stupid wacky BUY THIS ISSUE shit that later writers grouped together. Adapting the comics panel-for-panel & balloon-for-balloon goes against the very creative mindset that made them so good in the first place. Or would you SERIOUSLY have preferred a fucking J'Son of Spartax movie?
>>
>>92177561
You say that like it doesn't make them fucking fat stacks of cash
>>
>>92177375
I forgot he was dead until they brought it up n Suicide Squad.
>>
>>92177452
Classic Luthor dude. He was abused by his father, so he hated the ultimate father figure the GOD, either for not stopping his fatherbecause he was not all powerfull, or GOD did not cared because he is not all-good.
So when he sees Superman, he tries to prove that by making him kill Batman or letting his mother die.
He drops clues all over the movie
>Knowlege is power
>Biggest lie power can be innocent

His motivations made perfect sense, but i did not liked his twicthy acting tho. I hope 2 months in Arkham fizes that shit.
>>
>>92177452

Lex serves as the representation of the mover-shakers of today. They're not the senior oil barons or yuppie Wall Street executives of yesterday, they're the scrawny Silicon Valley types that look like a a harmless small kid and according to their numale looks promise to better the world with their new age forward kind of thinking, this while hacking everyone's information and creating military-level death-ray type of shit.

Lex in the movie also showed how powerful moguls manipulate politics and the media to push whatever kind of narrative they want, making everybody believe all kinds of shit because due to the current collective paranoia and virtue signalling bullshit everyone believe whatever feeds their own bias to justify their hatred

And Lex in the movie is a scrawny that grew up believing that there's no good intentions in the world. Good will is something you use to look good, to fool people into buying your bullshit, to lower people's expectations of you. Because that's what his father taught him. Lex senior gave the company his son's name for publicity, used the supposedly great father-son relationship they had to garner investors sympathies, to look like a great Samaritan, when the fact was he was an abusive asshole. So Lex grew up doing the same. He used his new age hip bullshit to look like a great guy that cared for his employees, his clients, for the world, when in fact he only cared about having power.

That's what made him hate Superman so much. Superman after MoS, despite the destruction of Metropolis, was lauded as a hero. He was all around the world saving people. There were folks even regarding him as some sort of divinity. And Lex seeing all that seething thinking that Superman's fooling everyone very much like he did. That Superman was a big con-man.

So that's why he wanted to show that Superman was neither powerful, nor good, and also steal all his shit and secrets, because for Lex knowledge was always power.
>>
>>92177692

>You had non-sensical sections where he says Superman was a dream of a farmer from Kansas.... when his dad told him to never help anyone and hide in fear.

I see someone watched MoS with his ass.

>Are you talking about Lex because his motivation was implied to be "Dad hit me, so powerful men are evil". Are you talking about Bruce because his reasons for murdering thugs is even less sensical within the scope of the DCEU when he has an entire rogues gallery that deserves death. Are you talking about Wonder Woman, because she does nothing.

Goddamn, man. Goddamn. That's why is so hard to have a proper discussion of this movie.
>>
>>92177828
Fair enough my man. That's the general vibe I got from him too, but I'm sorry, I just couldn't get past the fact that Eisenberg played him as Max Landis.

Luthor in BvS just isn't a very good villain, and everything you said there has been done to death before, but far better so they have no excuse for fucking it up so badly.

I too hope Arkham fixes him.
>>
>>92177561
The irony is that people love Marvel Studios because they remind people of the Silver Age, or have the appealing, colourful tone that comics used to have.
>>
>>92171755
This guy gets it.
If they just made Hydra cap an Elsworld story, then all would be fine. But no, everyone me who is old is part of the begpton world order and must, by association be a Nazi....
>>
>>92177804
The MCU does prop up Marvel and make mad dosh but the rest of Marvel is meh. The only recent Marvel cartoon I liked was Ultimate Spiderman and their comics division is pure shit and their videogames are non-existent (seriously if they had half a brain they would make a Deadpool FPS or a Thor beat them up)

Perlmutter should be fired and someone be placed in charge of the comics side or just have Feige run the entire show
>>
>>92177723

Dude, look, the MCU movies aren't faithful and i also don't expect them to be because they're adaptations. You're not going to be able to make everything like the comics. But be honest, the MCU aren't faithful. They're good adaptions.
>>
>>92177692
>Characters must quip so i can understand his motivations or see their character growth.

And you are just memeing to undermine the movie.If you really believe this.
>his dad told him to never help anyone and hide in fear.
Just fuck off.
>>
>>92172162
Buthurt over adaptions? not writing an orange final script? Read comics(presumedly because your here, but co does not read comics.)

Your part of the priceblem Anon, you can't even look yourself in the mirror truthfully. Your baiting yourself to your An hero grave.
>>
>>92177979
It's also family friendly and not chockablock full of idpol nonsense

Remember when Ultimate Marvel comics were being advertised to young kids?

Can you imagine a mainline marvel book being aimed at kids these days
>>
>>92177996
It's impossible to be faithful because the comics continuity is so utterly fucked no same film-makers would try to include all of it.
>>
>>92171935
Go back to your desaturated crapfests DCuck.
>>
>>92177902
This is actually a very good argument, and has changed my position somewhat. I still don't think he was played well though, and that's the biggest problem with him.

Which is a shame, because I like Jesse Eisenberg
>>
The MCU reminds me of DC immediately post-Crisis, or the early years of Marvel, with all of the good and bad things.

Having a cohesive universe is a good idea, but in practice it leads to every movie having a generic tone and visual style, because they're not trying to sell you a single movie or series, they're trying to sell you an entire line of movies. They don't want you to go see Dr. Strange because you're interested in the character or the directors, they want you to see it because it's an MCU movie and ties in with the rest of the line.

The movies are full of pointless references to other movies and winks and nudges at the audience instead of any actual world building or a storyline that carries over.

Each film feels more like an advertisement for every other movie in the line rather than an artist approaching the individual character and asking "what makes this character interesting?". Instead they're asking "how do I make this into an MCU character?", or rather more likely Kevin Feige is asking that and the director is doing what he's told.

It's the exact method Marvel has been using to sell more comics since the beginning. Except at least in the 2000's titles were expected to be part of one ongoing plot. The movies have absolutely no plot relevance to each other.

I don't even bother watching the movies any more because I know my time would be better spent staying home reading the original comics instead where at least the ideas came from a place of creativity instead of being made just because somebody said "we need a Dr. Strange movie".
>>
>>92171366
>3 good movies
>handful of okay
>rest are legit bad

I'd probably go with Friday the 13th Cinematic universe being of a higher quality
>>
>>92176357
Jesus christ that acting is awful.
>>
>>92177985
>Non existent
>Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite comes out soon
>That Avengers game they're doing with Square Enix might be decent
>>
>>92177902

Sorry, i typed that out like an ass. I'm a bit drunk. Either way, Lex in BvS is a fake trying to expose another fake, which is what he think Superman is. The whole God spiel is just Lex using rhetoric because that's what the public seem to see Superman as. Lex himself doesn't seem to believe in any religion, since he uses various examples from mythology and shit to make his point.

>>92178174

There are certain scenes where Jesse's good, like the when he confronts Superman, but overall i found him weak as well. My main problem with him is that they cast the guy that played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network in a role where the character is pretty much... the Mark Zuckeberg and Steve Jobs type. It was a bit too on the nose.
>>
>>92171366
You are really easy to please. Most of the MCU movies have been "meh" at best so far.

The only one that really stands out as "great" is Iron Man and that's almost 10 years old.
>>
>>92178046
>Talks about memeing to undermine a movie
>Uses the quips meme

I mean he's completely wrong, I agree, but still.
>>
>>92177902
This is a really good explanation. Prequel comics of BvS showed Lex as charitable person who is re-building Metropolis, but he was trying to grab new properties for the company, blaming other companies for leaving Metropolis and getting triggered when press asked him about Superman.
>>
>>92171366
The real problem with the MCU is how Marvel decided to change it's comic universe by using the MCU and how when the MCU dies(it will die), they will be left with a mess that even a reboot won't clean up
>>
>>92177952
>>92178046
>its yet another DCEUfag replies by telling someone to fuck off, but never refutes anything post
I'm tired of this rerun.
>>
Marvel characters=new hotness
DC's big characters=old and busted overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era that should be put out to pasture

No wonder DC has to resort to such gimmicks to get people to care about their comics.

Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman are cultural icons up there with Santa, Jesus and Dracula. People might not know much about them, but they'll know who they are. Their movies and comics will generally make some money, but that doesn't mean they have a good chance of being universally praised or even well liked.

Dracula is a great example comparison, movies with him don't make lots of money just because people know who the character is. There's a difference between saying everybody knows who it is, and everybody cares, and people who defend Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman seem to often confuse the two.

The big DC characters almost all come from a time when people didn't care about making good characters just beings with powers, origins, and costumes that seemed neato. Stan Lee came along with Marvel comics and was able to learn from their past mistakes and make better characters that can be better adapted for tv and movies and be able to more easily create good stories, comics, movies, and tv shows.

DC characters are only better known in the West due to having a head start. Marvel characters have been fundamentally constructed to be more amenable to being a part of great storytelling.

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.
>>
>>92178258
I dig the character Jesse is playing, but he isn't Lex Luthor, and I just don't feel like his presence really works alongside Superman and Batman.

I like whats going on there, but somethings not quite right and it brings everything else down with it.
>>
>>92178337
>his dad told him to never help anyone and hide in fear.
This sentence, if you really got this from MoS, i cant help you.
>>
>>92178314

Yup. You can see in the movie when he's taking the senators through his company just how much he's trying to portray himself as a hip and charitable boss of the new millennium, with the huge basketball course and shit. Then the doors close and he start to act creepy.

Also in the gala scene where he's trying to appear super friendly to Bruce and Clark before dropping his spaghetti.
>>
>>92178196
>They don't want you to go see Dr. Strange because you're interested in the character or the directors, they want you to see it because it's an MCU movie and ties in with the rest of the line.
This argument falls apart if you've actually seen Dr. Strange which has next to no connections with any other MCU movie.

I don't disagree that Marvel Studios is trying to sell you on the whole universe, but you could probably see half their movies without needing knowledge of other films. Antman, Guardians, Thor 1, etc.
>>
>>92178359

It's fine, man. It's a very... different take on Lex. Lex has always been shown as imposing and dominating. Jesse's Lex is like that scrawny kid that in your face wouldn't say nothing and play the victim, but once away would try to sabotage all your life somehow by being a sneaky cunt.
>>
File: 57c.gif (748KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
57c.gif
748KB, 500x275px
>>92178335
That is due to hack writers and the editorial forcing these things, you can't blame the movies for trying to do something different that Marvel then tries to follow (which is even worse somehow).

Then again, plenty of MCU things had a twist in the comics, and for example, Drax is now a complete pacifist while MCU Drax is still that Drax, just even more developed.

And Baby Groot somehow is part of a "threat" coming to the comics, but in the MCU was just something for fun.

It's dumb, yes.
>>
>>92178428
>no connections with any other MCU movie.
>Infinity Stone
>Reference to Captain Marvel
>Thor
>>
>>92177985
Perlmutter is a billionaire with a shitton of stock in Disney, stock he got by selling Marvel to them.
The moment he lets Marvel's comics and TV divisions slip from his hands is the moment when his cold dark hart stops beating.
>>
File: Bravo Snyder.webm (2MB, 720x298px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Snyder.webm
2MB, 720x298px
>>92171366
>OP makes a thread about MCU appreciation
>DCEU defense force quickly shows up and derails the thread
>you can tell its just the same 2-3 anons replying to everything and just regurgitating 2deep4u /tv/ pasta to pretend webm related was art
This was a nice thread for a while
>>
>>92178500
At the same time, people are crying not muh characters with every DC movie. What is different between marvel and DC?
>>
>>92178335
But the MCU has saved some of Marvel's trashed characters from oblivion.
>>
File: Ban DC for the good of :co:.png (163KB, 1116x158px) Image search: [Google]
Ban DC for the good of :co:.png
163KB, 1116x158px
>>92178584
it's why they need to go
>>
>>92178584

Sorry, man. I'll go back to calling everything DCEU does bad, ok?
>>
>>92178503
Like I said, next to no. A few throw away lines doesn't effect someone coming into this movie without having seen anything else in the MCU.

And really, counting Thor when its literally a post credits scene is a pretty weak argument.
>>
>>92178636
I'm glad you learned your lesson
>>
File: This Makes Me Moist.jpg (58KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
This Makes Me Moist.jpg
58KB, 333x250px
>>92178584
Fuck me, I forgot how stupid this movie was.
>>
>>92178584
>>92178623
>Try to shittalk about DCEU in a Marvel appreciation thread because there is nothing to talk about MCU
>Get mad when people defend and try to argue their opinions.
MARTHAAA amirite? I'm doing it right? right?
>>
>>92178588
Marvel is GOOD

>>92178639
you can say that about just about every MCU movie
>>
>>92178588
That at the core, most Marvel movies try to do something from the core of the character. As in, most of the heroes so far (except for Star-Lord, Falcon, Yondu sorta and Ego) have their origin connected to the comics, and you can feel what their motivations were in those movies, while at the same time they try to not make the same mess that usually happens in comics.

While with BvS, Snyder admits that he went with three storylines (Superman's death, TDKReturns and I don't remember what else), while somehow also not connecting each character's emotions as a whole, so you can see in that movie 3 completely different personalities in a character like Superman or Batman.

Then again, that mostly relies on each director's PoV of each character and how does it relate to the desired character. Plenty of times James Gunn talks about how he tries to implement things from the comics, while Snyder has said banal things like "heroes can't talk in costumes seriously" and "Bruce Wayne in BB would have been raped"

Or was that TDKRises?
>>
>>92171366
>faithful adaptations
Huh?
>>
>>92171366
>I honestly don't think the MCU gets enough credit
Where the fuck do you live? If anything, it gets too much credit. Just wander a bit outside 4chan and you'll see.
>>
>>92177996
I was giving you a platform to cite some examples.
Ego being a Celestial makes a shitton more sense for his core character concept than any of the 4+ origins the comics have tried to retcon in. As does Star-Lord being his son rather than some bland space prince's; J'son wasn't even created by the same writer. In both cases I'd call it perfectly faithful, albeit to the characters themselves instead of the scenarios they were written into.
>>
>>92178798

>While with BvS, Snyder admits that he went with three storylines (Superman's death, TDKReturns and I don't remember what else), while somehow also not connecting each character's emotions as a whole, so you can see in that movie 3 completely different personalities in a character like Superman or Batman.

The problem with BvS is that while the movie does get the core of the characters, it also turn that character on its head. I say this as someone who liked BvS.
>>
>>92178503
One namedrop, speculation you'd need OCD to even notice, post credit meme.
You don't need to see SHIT before Dr Strange to get Dr Strange. The Eye's just a magical maguffin for all any newbie cares (including strange himself, hence why the one namedrop's treated as a gag).
>>
>>92178700
>getting worked
baka desu senpai
>>
>>92175686

PLEASE BE GOOD
>>
File: 1494173578903.jpg (1MB, 2158x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1494173578903.jpg
1MB, 2158x1136px
>>92178500
god damn the Comics are in shambles

>Hey lets let the hack Bendis take over the Marvel Universe
>CIVIL WAR 2: DIVERSITY QUOTA

Also secret empire is totally gonna get assraped by some sort of cosmic cube horsefuckery at the end. there is no way they kill cap and end it all like that.
>>
>>92179445

It's going to be explosions and cool action sequences non-stop with some hit-and-miss quips.

I'll end my life if people like this movie.
>>
>>92176592
>it's okay when Marvel does it
>but Joker and Lex are abortions because not like muh TAS!
>>
File: never forget.png (103KB, 621x492px) Image search: [Google]
never forget.png
103KB, 621x492px
>>92179445
no
>>
>>92179510
>cool action sequences
You sound way too hopeful.
>>
>>92171366
>Synergy in comic books
THE ONLY PROBLEM
Those two universes are supposed to be completley different, but creators aleays trat them as the same to make bank
>>
File: cringey darkness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cringey darkness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>92179510
>cool action sequences
>>
>>92179645

It's Zack Snyder. It's guaranteed that there at least will be one crazy action sequence that will make people wild.
>>
>>92179680

That's just Detroit at night.
>>
>>92179689
There was only one (1) good action sequence in the near 3 hours of BvS. My guess is that there'l bee zero (0) in JL.
>>
>>92179730

Come on, Tom.
>>
File: 1417518326935.jpg (15KB, 252x233px) Image search: [Google]
1417518326935.jpg
15KB, 252x233px
>>92179541
>implying I even watch that shit, let alone complain about it
Try again.
>>
>>92179680
The biggest problem with that shot is the background looks like the kind of generic scenery you get in a driving game.
>>
>>92179761
just because you didn't watch it doesn't mean you can't complain about it

most people had enough brains not to see it
>>
>>92171366
>great moments
Calling bullshit, these movies have horrible sense of drama and most scenes have absolutely no weight to them at all, it's pure popcorn fluff

>faithful adaptations
Calling bullshit here to, it's unfaithful WAY more often than it is faithful

Can't really argue with the rest of what you said, but these two things are wrong
>>
>>92171366
It's better than the current comics anyway
>>
File: Ravager Rustle.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ravager Rustle.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>92179466
>Diversity quota.

I feel they're fucked if they do and fucked if they don't here.

They have one black person on the team? Token black person. Token woman. Token faggot etc.

If they have an entire team of them DIVERSITY QUOTA

If they have only straight white guys then people complain about that too.

It always astounds me that people don't see how complaining about Diversity quotas and how much it bothers you is exactly the same as people who complain about a lack of diversity. Both sides of the same shitty coin.
>>
>>92179819
TBF I had no problem with Joker's redesign and what I've heard about Lex sounds NOTHING like Lex beyond "has money, hates capes".

if that's seriously all Luthor is to >>92179541, all else variable, then... power to him I guess? He's less likely to find adaptations disappointing?
>>
File: 1478471554306.png (28KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
1478471554306.png
28KB, 460x550px
>>92177692
>Superman had 42 lines
Please tell me how many lines Batman, Lex and Wonder Woman had. That is an appallingly low number.
>>
>>92179951
>tfw Marvel's one genuinely good comic atm is DIVERSITY QUOTA
>>
>>92171366
>>next to no scandals behind the scenes

Where are you getting this nonsense from? Or have you forgotten about all the stuff surrounding Edward Norton, Terrence Howard, Mickey Rourke, Edgar Wright, Natalie Portman and Jon Favreau?
>>
File: Sensible panic.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible panic.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>92179510
The quips they've shown don't fill me with confidence.

>Whats your superpower
>I have money xD

Great and all, but that's one of the laziest Batman jokes ever. Its the Batman equivalent of Barry asking Aquaman what his power was and him saying "I talk to fish"

Sorry, but I'm not going to clap my hands and screech about how epic one of the oldest jokes about Batman is.

I WANT it to be good so bad, and I don't mind a bit of levity, but the fact that they deemed that line trailer worthy worries me.
>>
>>92174639
Hammer built the weapon that Luke Cage got shot with. It's kind of like he showed up again...sort of
>>
>>92180038
haha wtf i've never seen this gif before
>>
If anything, I'll credit the MCU for 180ing my opinion on Captain America. I remember thinking Cap was lame as shit back when I was a teenager. Even when I read the Brubaker comics, I was more interested in Bucky as Cap than Steve. But his trilogy of movies really made me see him in a new light.
>>
>>92172431

You're sooooooo off base
Dude company wars is just nerd rivalry. Rivalry is not a new concept. Sports teams have rivalries. Politics have em. We've had fucking company wars since the crusades. People just defend their shit and their stories and their team and dump on the other one. It's some human thing to be one side and hate another, we've been doing it for thousands of years. Lets just be happy we're not killing people over who wins or loses in arbitrary contests.
>>
File: C7zOhxdX0AEPtmd.jpg_orig.jpg (73KB, 749x740px) Image search: [Google]
C7zOhxdX0AEPtmd.jpg_orig.jpg
73KB, 749x740px
>>92180038
>Its the Batman equivalent of Barry asking Aquaman what his power was and him saying "I talk to fish"
that's in the movie too
>>
>>92180038

You're going to see the characters trying to look cool and quipping about random bullshit while mowing down robots and Batman and Wonder Woman giving heated gaze at each other while people die around them, AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!
>>
>>92180112
Do yourself a favor and watch Danger Five. It's fantastic.
>>
>>92180025
All of those are just the creators/actors leaving due to creative differences. Not particularly scandalous. A real scandal would be if Chris Evans turned out to be into drugs, or if Chris Pratt was caught beating his wife while filming GOTG.
>>
>>92180169
>You're going to see the characters trying to look cool and quipping about random bullshit while mowing down robots
god that's so fucking stupid WHO THE FUCK WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH THINK PEOPLE WANT TO SEE THAT

fucking WB
>>
File: JJJ kek.gif (183KB, 280x153px) Image search: [Google]
JJJ kek.gif
183KB, 280x153px
>>92180157
Oh sweet Jesus no.

I don't mind jokes. I don't mind taking the piss out of the characters, but when they're decades old jokes? Christ.

This would be like if Homecoming has a scene where Peter sees some Uncle Ben's rice and gets a bit tearful.
>>
>>92180169

Fuck, JL will be Ultron all over again, won't it?
>>
>>92180298
At least in Ultron if nothing else most of the principle characters are likeable and Hawkeye got some love.
>>
>>92180345

Aquaman will be the new Hawkeye. I bet you 10 bucks on it.
>>
Can i just say, I completely understand how people see the MCU as trash popcorn turn off your brain movies. That's the same reason I refuse to watch transformers.

But let's not be honest. Marvel Studios brought women AMAZING comic book visuals to the big screen.

Remember when you first saw this scene? I felt like I was like 10 years old again.
>>
>>92177692

>Cavill

All I pray is that Snyder doesn't ruin this beautiful man's career.

>Superman was a dream of a farmer from Kansas.

Apparently, he's talking about himself, even though he was never a farmer and actively rejected that lifestyle.
>>
>>92171935
>taylor made
kek
>>
>>92180498

>Apparently, he's talking about himself, even though he was never a farmer and actively rejected that lifestyle.

Are you guys fucking crazy?
>>
File: Better than any DC movie.webm (3MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Better than any DC movie.webm
3MB, 1280x534px
>>92180345
not to mention you could actually see what was going on

>>92180362
way to lose $10
>>
File: Seizure Skeleton.gif (354KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
Seizure Skeleton.gif
354KB, 500x442px
>>92180362
They're memeing too hard on Aquaman though

>Heh, thought he was lame and could only talk to fish? Guess again! He's a hard drinking tattooed badass! Surface dweller with no knowlege of his heritage turned wise King of Atlantis? FUCK THAT he's basically Drax the fucking Destroyer except without the autism. Check out how excited he gets to go into battle and shed blood!

I have nothing against a badass Aquaman, I don't want to be beaten around the head with the idea that he's so cool and badass though.
>>
>>92180580

That's a terrible action sequence, bro.
>>
>>92180532

I'm just repeating what I've read on other fansites that are a lot more positive about BvS and think that Snyder's a misunderstood genius.
>>
>>92180618
better than anything DC has
>>
>>92180627

He's talking about Jonathan Kent.
>>
File: 01.jpg (21KB, 146x215px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
21KB, 146x215px
>>92175508
>MoS literally exists out of fear of a lawsuit, Snyder being WB's capeshit guy and Goyer having an old script laying around.
pls share
'specially that first bit
>>
>>92180618
But you can see what's happening, and it doesn't look like absolutely everything is done on greenscreen
>>
File: cavill.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cavill.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>92180498
Fuck, Cavill seems like a cool guy, and he could be a great Superman if someone like Matthew Vaughn directed him.
>>
>>92180684

You can't see much and it absolutely look like everything was done on a green-screen.
>>
File: 1458785336857.png (82KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1458785336857.png
82KB, 441x411px
>>92171436
>SuperHERO movies
rly maek u think
>>
>>92180684
I'm still angry at Whedon for wasting that perfectly good sequel hook from Winter Soldier, and making Baron Strucker look like a pussy. The idea of having the Avengers take the war straight to HYDRA could've been its own movie, instead of shoving Ultron in.
>>
>>92180786
Avengers movies need to be big events my man. No time for well thought out plots like that, you have to pit them against one of their big baddies. Loki. Ultron. Thanos. Kang the Conqueror if they could get away with him/have the rights.

I agree it's a shame.
>>
>>92176210
Yeah I mean, it was only the start of the fuck up.

The first few shovels of dirt are better than the final few, but you're still digging a hole.
>>
>>92175983
Starhawk isn't said to be from Earth in the movie. He might be Xandarian for all we know, there's plenty of aliens who look identical to humans in this movie alone.
>>
>>92181306
>there's plenty of aliens who look identical to humans
I usually hate this trope but now that you mention it:
>Marvel's excuse is usually "Celestials did it"
>MCU Ego confirmed for Celestial
>body implied to have always looked human
>>
>>92181736

You've got all of asgard, they kinda had to make human looking people be everywhere or it would have been kinda odd for two alien races to look so similar.
>>
>>92181853
I'm saying that MCU Celestials see themselves as identical to humans, so if they seeded multiple planets with intelligent life like in the comics it makes sense that it's such a common phenotype.
Xanadarians don't "look like humans", Starhawk's race doesn't "look like Collector's race", they ALL look like CELESTIALS.
>>
>>92171366
What can you expect, most people in this board are actually underage fags who grew up taking these movies for granted. I would have never imagined something as outlandish as a shared universe on movies when I was a kid. The very idea was fucking unthinkable.
>>
>>92179193
The problems with BvS are that Snyder fundamentally fails to understand what makes these characters appeal to audiences, Snyder doesn't want to tell a coherent story, Snyder chose to stretch a story that should be 90 minutes at the longest to 3 hours, and it's stupid to have Batman and Superman (canonical best friends) try to murder each other in their first onscreen appearance together.
>>
File: cornettefun.jpg (49KB, 614x720px) Image search: [Google]
cornettefun.jpg
49KB, 614x720px
>>92182442
I just assume everyone complaining's much older than me, and that the years have compounded their bitterness as they crush diamonds into coal.
>I didn't have this as a kid why should anyone else comics aren't cool they're my safespace you can't bandwagon off my pain fake nerds the lot of you REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92182563
What was that quote again?
>I didn't see the appeal in comics until Watchmen. It had sex & murder! Comics are great!
>>
>>92180038
>Whats your superpower
>I have money xD
Agreed. That's internet Batman meme level. In fact, I think I've heard that specific joke on the internet several times over the years.
>>
>>92182984
But you don't understand. The film itself is acknowledging it! Batman is saying it!

BAZINGA! Anon! BAZINGA!
>>
yeah but it doesn't have monochrome black and white symbolism like the BASED DCEU X d
>>
MCU films are all amazing in the same or similar ways.
DCEU films are all awful in various different ways.

The latter is better than the former.
>>
File: Doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>92179445
>snyder's god awful monotone style combined with terrible quips
>its guaranteed Snyder won't let up on the biblical allegories now that Superman needs to be resurrected and its his 3rd movie
>we already know Steppenwolf will look like an alien satan, but this might be a silver lining since no one gives a fuck about Steppenwolf
>Wonder Woman is the only design that isn't outright awful, Cyborg in particular looks horrible
>Gadot and Momoa can't act and are leads
>Affleck has to carry the whole thing
>they literally had to have an event where WB brought all these journos and bloggers to set to show that "hey look at us, we can have fun too guys!!"
I'll be shocked if it isn't Snyder's worst movie yet.
>>
>>92171514
I unironically enjoy this pasta.
>>92177561
True.
>>
>>92180292
>>92183041
>Flash movie has a joke about him being "too fast" in bed
This is what we've come to. In their search for humor to put in their movies, DC has ended up peppering their oh-so-serious superhero action films with outdated internet memes.
>>
>>92183178
>Suddenly Doomsday for the final fight
>Suddenly Superman joins them in the final fight

Like pottery.
>>
>>92179993
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-amount-of-lines-everyone-had-in-batman-v-super-1794407/

According to this guy, Batman had the most at 78, Lois had 52, Lex had 48 and Wonder Woman had 16. Apparently Martha only had 3 so I'm assuming this is the theatrical version. I've only seen the Ultimate Cut, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>92180684
>doesn't look like absolutely everything is done on greenscreen
Actually, that's exactly what this looks like.
>>
>>92171514
Man why do y'all have to company wars this every chance you get?

I love some MCU movies, and I hate others. I loved Suicide Squad despite being able to admit it has flaws. I'm excited for new additions to both extended universes in the future.

It really doesn't have to be about one-upmanship, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>92180038
>>92182984
The sad part is its a worse version of this exchange.
>>
>>92183354
I don't know why but Doomsday in general really bothers the fuck out of me. How could a senator of all people give Lex access to Zod's body? The levels of classification would be ridiculous, senators don't do shit. And it wasn't even the senator, its her aide.

And then what's Lex's plan? How does he control this monster after Superman's dead? The first thing it tried to do was murder Lex.

I can't believe how poorly thought out this story was.
>>
>>92182563

>Snyder doesn't want to tell a coherent story, Snyder chose to stretch a story that should be 90 minutes at the longest to 3 hours, and it's stupid to have Batman and Superman (canonical best friends) try to murder each other in their first onscreen appearance together.

Superman's best pal is Jimmy Olsen, and Batman's best pal is James Gordon.
Every first encounter since the 80's also start with them fighting each other.

BvS also had a coherent story.
>>
>>92183755
I didn't much care for the movie, but I will say that I agree with it's defenders saying that Lex believed that Doomsday would see him as its father and follow him because it was made with his blood. Of course that opens up a whole other can of worms.
>>
>>92171366
"I honestly don't think the MCU gets enough credit"

yeah, a true underdog. A dark horse in the running.

Thanks for bringing this little known franchise to my attention
>>
>>92183810
I'm not sure what you're saying. Tripsanon is saying that Bruce's line is a worse version of Tony's, and the points you bring up seem to support that but you're saying it as though you believe it's the other way around.
>>
>>92183848
You'd think given the hard on for ancient myth and philosophy this film has, Lex would remember Oedipus Rex and remember that blood don't mean shit if you have no knowledge of it.

No offence but given that nothing in the film suggests that, that sounds like major headcannon to explain it.
>>
>>92183755

The old man was a high-ranking senator as well. They were both senators.

And seriously that you're going to complain about a senator giving a private contractor deals on classified weaponry, specially when the government stand to gain from it?
>>
>>92183931
probably why he deleted it
>>
>>92183935

>No offence but given that nothing in the film suggests that, that sounds like major headcannon to explain it.

There are plenty to support that, actually.
>>
>>92184027
What in the film supports Lex thinking Doomsday will obey him because blood? Let alone "plenty"
>>
>>92183935
Didn't he have a line that was something like "Blood of my blood" around the time he revealed Doomsday to Supes? I figure that implied it enough.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-08+at+11.02.30).jpg (118KB, 1268x670px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-08+at+11.02.30).jpg
118KB, 1268x670px
I know that all of this is the core of the superhero fantasy - the desire to have gods swoop down and rescue us from ourselves, or those who seek to destroy us, and to wilfully discard their own lives to prop up our failing, decadent societies. The ultimate in self sacrifice. A higher power personified in service of the weak and the feeble, for order and justice. But there's a subtly fascistic element to this too, as these gods more often than not uphold the laws of the society they're beholden to and do so with or without the public's approval. When the public disapproves of their vigilantism this is generally portrayed as foolishness or outright ignorance because the hero knows what is truly best for them. And for some superhero fans this is a self-insert fantasy - because what guy wouldn't want to kick society's dregs to the curb with insurmountable authoritarian force. That said, there is an implicit understanding that these gods are not us, no matter how relatable they're made out to be. They're either born with powers beyond the capacity of man, receive these powers but still accept the responsibility of becoming a saviour, or their filthy fucking rich.

So how do you make an interesting story that comments on the nature of man when the main character isn't even human. Just an inserted "perfect" ideal? And you'll note how superhero movies never really comment on morality or ideology. Whether or not the hero is doing the right thing at all, whether or not he's actually the hero, is never the focus. It's not a story about men struggling to do the best they can in a world that isn't black and white. It's just "muh daddy issues" where the hero has to struggle against personal issues that have nothing to do with the actual problem so that he's strong enough to do the objectively right thing at the end.

THAT is why they're shit.
>>
>>92184082
Him saying blood of my blood doesn't mean that he thinks Doomsday will obey him or if he even expected Doomsday to do so.

That's more some reference to mysticism, the start of Hamlet with the witches and shit.
>>
>>92184066
>>92184082

>Lex Luthor: An ancient Kryptonian deformity; blood of my blood, born to destroy you!... Your Doomsday.
>>
>>92179680
I like that shot.
>>
>>92184189
Nothing in that suggests he thought it would obey or follow him at all, just that it would destroy Superman, most likely given that it's super strong so Supers would want to fight it tot stop it
>>
>>92184251

The fact that he didn't expect Doomsday to punch his face and stood there with open arms feeling smug kinda did.
>>
>>92184233
You know how in the Star Wars prequels nothing has weight because the vast majority was shot on green/blue screen?

That shot.

Also the one from the end of the first trailer where they're fighting the parademons by some sort of cliff or mountainside. Clearly CG.

CG is fine, but if you expect characters to not lose something by being people super imposed onto backdrops, think again Zack
>>
>>92183882
Anon, a studio without a single movie to its name managed to take a bunch of C-list characters that they were forced to use because they didn't have the rights to any of their characters that people knew about, made an unprecedented connected universe which now just about every other studio is now trying and failing to do, and make it into something that can get that kind of reaction out of you. Do you not see how that's impressive? Can you not understand that it's amazing that they were able to make major blockbusters that people take seriously about a talking tree and fucking Ant-Man?
>>92184300
This particular Lex was made out to be even more deluded than usual depictions.
>>
>>92184300
He didn't flinch and Superman came in to stop it if I recall. He was banking on Superman, not that it wouldn't kill him.

Even beyond that, it's a fucking dumb assumption to make.
>>
>>92177985
>tfw no thor open world game
>>
>>92184365

He was scared shitless when Superman blocked the punch. He didn't aspect it.
>>
>>92184363
This.

Imagine if DC tried to make a successful movie universe, but they weren't allowed to use or even mention Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman or any of their villains or side characters or stories, and then go on to create what has legitimately, for better or worse, struck a permanent mark on pop culture and on cinema at large.

Entire chapters of film studies books will/no doubt are dedicated to the MCU. Entire books themselves

Even if you hate them, that's impressive.
>>
>>92180292
kek
I would actually like to see this, but only because I am a horrible person.
>>
>>92175686
>stand in front of this green screen while a fan blows your hair ok?
modern movies
>>
>>92175686
Watching this again I just clocked what it is I don't like about this Cyborg.

He looks like the only human part is the two thirds of his face on display.

>But that's the point anon

No. The point was the human inside the machine. I don't want much more human, but it would work better if they did a bit of a body horror thing where it actually felt like more of a melding of man and machine.
>>
File: 237.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
237.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
Incoming blogpost so just ignore if you don't care (and you really shouldn't care). Something that's bothered me for a long time that made me quit /tv/ forever is the amount of value that is put in "snyderkino" cinematic shots. Like I get that MCU films are bland to look at, I won't deny that and more cinematic shots are more pleasant to the eye and the DCEU does deliver on that, Snyder manages to make some beautiful looking shots, but are they aware that film, unlike traditional canvas paintings, are a story telling medium correct? All the films that are considered the best are considered as such because of their story. Everyone knows the significance of Rosebud in Citizen Kane, and close to nobody in the world gives a shit about the composition. There's a reason why the highest grossing films of all time are what they are instead of whatever experimental collage of cinematic nature shots the amateur director at your local community college can shit out. The MCU films aren't even good, but you must have serious brain damage to swear allegiance to a fucking company.
>>
>>92184693

They wanted the machine parts to be constantly moving and for him to have a sickly appearance.
>>
>>92171366

This one isn't true. They just have a very good PR department to cover these things over
>>
>>92184773

MoS and BvS had nice stories, outside of the nice looking shots, though.
>>
>>92179592
Oh wow this literal nobody made me rethink my opinion of the movie! Thank you!
>>
>>92172306
>Why do Marlel fans and DC-EW fans think when you shit talk one of them

Because they think if they can point to something worse they don't have to acknowledge the MCU's flaws
>>
File: snydervision.jpg (247KB, 2160x720px) Image search: [Google]
snydervision.jpg
247KB, 2160x720px
>>92175686
>>
>>92184844
I liked MoS, I agree it had a nice story, I didn't really care about the whole "not muh superman" because I'm not a child.

BvS was pseud garbage you could find on /lit/
>>
>>92184967

Eh, i found BvS cool.

Either way, this whole company war bullshit is dumb. I love MoS and BvS, and i love Iron Man 1, Cap 1, Cap 2 and Ant-Man, while finding everything else meh.

Also, Ang Lee's Hulk is fucking awesome. Just putting it out there. I know it's not MCU or DCEU, but fuck i love that movie.
>>
>>92171531
They could make the Thunderbolts with that line-up.
>>
>>92171436
>15/17 villains dead
That's not true in the slightest, though.
>>
>>92185070

Company wars is horse shit, and you have to take it for what it is. I think it's fun at times, but ultimately wish DC made better movies. I grew up with x-men and justice league, so avengers is kinda meh to me, but here they are leading the pack.

If you found BvS cool, great. I think it's the most pretentious, try hard, edgelord, "baby's first exitential crisis" faggortry Ive ever seen. Like, a student film with too big of a budget. From the reviews I went in hoping for a bloat michael bay mess and could not believe they delivered such pedestrian gibberish. There is no part of me that wanted that movie. Every part of me wanted a good movie. Id love it if every single super hero/comic book movie was good. It does no one any favors if their bad (but the memes are nice frosting on a shit cake)

Also Ang lee's hulk has only gotten better for me over time. It's such an explorative and subversion of the super hero genre. It's heavily tied to emotion and psychology. Anger really being hulks trigger is horrifying when you think about it. You can do good....if you're upset, that's no way to live life.
>>
>>92177352

Because the MCU is good in spite of Marvel comics and they have Fiege calling all the shots. He knew the comic guys were cancer and would make the whole thing implode. Especially Ike. The further along the MCU went the more expensive it was going to get and Feige couldn't have that penny pinching kike ruin everything.

DC's problem is that they have no say in the movies from the outset. Johns is involved now but Wonder Woman and JL were already in production so it's to late to save them. Then you have the execs tampering with everything and Snyder being a hack. They need somebody with a strong will in charge to call the shots
>>
>>92174330
>Seeing Darth Vader, voldemort, magneto and so on over and over again
>Darth Vader
Yes, but Star Wars is the story of the Skywalkers; it makes sense that he shows up again and again.

>Voldemort
See above, but also Voldemort actually isn't in all of the movies, in the purest sense. Sure, he's lurking behind the shadows in 3, 5, and 6, and he's there as a kid in 2.

>Magneto
Yeah, that's cool and all, but it means that we've been stuck with how many X-Men vs Magneto stories now? I'm tired of it, desu.

Recurring villains are great in serialized formats, but it can be limiting in movies, where you only get one shot every few years to tell a new story.
>>
>>92185405
>but ultimately wish DC made better movies

I wish DC actually made movies
>>
>>92184488
>Entire chapters of film studies books will/no doubt are dedicated to the MCU. Entire books themselves

I want to eventually see a documentary/mini-series detailing all this one day.
>>
>>92185522
>Recurring villains are great in serialized formats

Yea, which is why marvel, who does 2-3 movies a year, should look into it.
>>
>>92185522
>but also Voldemort actually isn't in all of the movies

He's in all of them except the third film
>>
>>92185611
Those 2-3 movies a year are from completely different franchises, though.
>>
>>92185070
Agreed.

Not my personal cup of tea and I didn't mean to sound so antagonistic. I'm just so tired of the whole "muh company is better than you" that it has forced me to stop using /co/ as a whole during the weeks where a cape film is in theaters.
>>
File: ironmanspidermanhomecoming10.jpg (305KB, 1666x1166px) Image search: [Google]
ironmanspidermanhomecoming10.jpg
305KB, 1666x1166px
>>92177561
That is true.

But it is REALLY going for them.

I'm not afraid to admit a lot of that has to do with Iron Man
>>
>>92185616
Shit, is he really? Welp, there goes my memory.

Anyway, my bigger point was that I always saw him as the meta-villian that wasn't the main bad guy until the end. He's like Sidious, I guess.

The bad guy of Sorcerer's isn't Voldemort, it's Quirrell (and Malfoy).
The bad guy of Goblet is Crouch, Jr.
...I clearly don't remember 5 and 6 well enough, though.
>>
>>92185735
>all that fucking silver
ew
>>
>>92185663

Doesn't stop the heroes from showing up in each others movies. Hell Falcon cameo'd in both movies in 2015.
>>
File: IMG_1223.gif (538KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.gif
538KB, 300x225px
>>92171676
>Tony Stark
Kek, cheeky cunt you are.
>>
>>92185522
I don't think Voldemort belongs in the same 'popular villain' shelf that Magneto and Darth Vader are on.
>>
Pitch your Thunderbolts movie.

Rules:
>Made only of established villains from MCU
>Can use TV show villains if you want
>No Loki involvement
>>
>>92185900
>Thinking Magneto is even close to either of those
Anon, are you daft? Voldemort is one of the most well known villains of the past 20 years from the books alone.

And Magneto, despite his 50 year history, isn't even close. The Joker and Lex Luthor are probably the only /co/ villains that you could actually put up alongside of Vader.
>>
>>92185979

The point being, if magneto isn't up there, then no MCU villain is close either. A villain can clearly be just as an iconic, memorable and loved of a character as a hero and even disney knows this, yet the MCU doesn't choose to make this the case of themselves.
>>
File: King Kai.png (298KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
King Kai.png
298KB, 480x360px
>>92185747
>Sorcerers stone

This still fucking triggers me, because Rowling might be a hack, but she at least put some degree of research into magical lore, and the Philosophers stone was a preexisting fabled item. But no, it was deemed you ADHD American types wouldn't know what a philosopher is so they changed it to Sorcerer to not confuse you fucks. Fuck the lore.

The United States of America in a nutshell.
>>
>>92185919
>Zemo (leader)
>Batroc
>Abomination
> LMD of Grant Ward
>Elektra
>>
>>92186058
That's because they don't try to. It's abundantly clear that the villains are not that important to Marvel Studios. Outside of Loki, there's not a single instance of them attempting to reuse one or even build significant hype for them.

The MCU focuses on the heroes rather than the villains; that's not hard to understand.

As a side note, I think Loki has the chance to become a bigger name than Magneto, if he's not already. Sure, that might just be because people are obsessed with Hiddleston, but whatever. It's still early, though, so time will tell.
>>
>>92186193
Shit, that's pretty much perfect.
>>
>>92186243
Thanos.
>>
>>92185747
>>92185616
Well technically only his horcrux/a copy of his younger self is in the second book/movie, but besides that little asterisk, yeah he's in everything but the third installment.
>>
File: 1938393739249.png (217KB, 467x489px) Image search: [Google]
1938393739249.png
217KB, 467x489px
>>92171676
>tony stark is still alive
>>
>>92184797
Well what they wanted was wrong.
>>
>>92186243
>The MCU focuses on the heroes rather than the villains; that's not hard to understand.

No, it's not, I have no trouble understanding it. Im saying it's a flaw, you can disagree, but you don't seem to be, you seem to be trying to correct me. Why are you making my desires for reoccurring villains a debate? You're the one that seems to be struggling to understand someone else's view point.
>>
File: 3654994-storm_00.jpg (68KB, 419x662px) Image search: [Google]
3654994-storm_00.jpg
68KB, 419x662px
>>92171366
It may not be perfect, but we're living in a golden age for older fans who thought we'd never see a comic book movie actually be good, or done outside of someone shit like Uwe Boll (all those video game movies). I just wish Fox with keel over and die so Marvel could get the rights back to the X-Men, FF, etc universes again and make the movies that I REALLY wanna see.
>>
>>92175344
The time of the Rooker.
>>
>>92186890
>and make the movies that I REALLY wanna see.
Oh yes, quipfests with total disregard for the source material and no weight or stakes. That's what I want for the FF.
>>
>>92187049
>Implying The Thing and Human Torch's relationship isn't at least 70% quips.
>>
>>92186339
Ok, I guess that's true, but only barely. Thanos was in 2 seconds of the Avengers, and his part in GotG wasn't much bigger. That's less of a "recurring villain" than a tease for a future villain.

>>92186802
Fair enough -- I mistook your point, I suppose. I've seen a lot of people take the other side of things here, so I guess I just assumed.

I agree that it's a flaw, to an extent. But I think it's a lesser of two evils kind of thing for me. I would love to live in a world where we could have 15 Captain America movies and get to see Red Skull and Crossbones and Zemo pop up several times mixed in with smaller villains.

Unfortunately, we don't live in that world, and each instance of recurring villain means one fewer instance of a new lead villain. Sure, each of the X-Men movies had some more supporting villains, but the whole trilogy was effectively just Charles vs Magneto. And that worked, but I like this way too.
>>
>>92187049
>total disregard for source material
What the fuck is this meme?

What do you want? A 100% 1:1 adaptation?
>>
>>92179680
I can just tell Ben is going to be hard carrying this movie something fierce
>>
>>92187755
How about a good movie?
>>
>>92187791
>moving goalposts

I'm not here to tell you your opinion on a movie is wrong, though I've liked most of the MCU output so far. However, the claim made was that Marvel had a "total disregard for the source material" which is just fucking stupid.

No, they are not accurate adaptations, because they're new stories in a new Marvel universe.
>>
>>92183882
I'm glad we're at a point where people can honestly act as if there was a time where people seriously didn't think this MCU thing was ever gonna work and something as crazy as putting a washed-up RDJ into a C-lister suit was going to be the best idea ever.
>>
>>92187936
People like to forget that Iron Man was a literal nobody ten years ago.
>>
>>92171436
Dead villains are better than purgatory villains. We'll NEVER see Red Skull again. I hate having loose ends like that.
>>
>>92188013
>We'll NEVER see Red Skull again.

I bet we see his corpse in infinity war as an easter egg. His body went somewhere.
>>
>>92187049
People who complain about quips have clearly never ready a Marvel comic published before 2005 or thereabouts.
>>
>>92188242
People who complain about quips have clearly never understood what a comedy movie is.
>>
>>92185735
>>92185780
So is this supposed to be a take on the original ultimate armor?
>>
>>92171935
>MUH REDDIT BOOGEYMAN
NOT

A

MOTHERFUCKING ARGUMENT
>>
>>92172162
Surprised you didn't say kino, friendo
>>
>>92185919
>Thunderbotls without Atlas, Mach, Radioactive Man and Songbird
Why would you ever want this?
>>
>>92188274
Not to say that the quips don't grate occasionally. AoU was probably when they were at their worst, alongside some other weird decisions. Also I hope the "friends from work" like is not in the actual movie as I don't see Thor as particularly quippy. That's what he has Loki for.
But the quips never ruin the film for me.
>>
>>92188242
I tend to disregard any post that talks about quips.

Dr. Strange and Civil War barely had any jokes to begin with and when they did, they were moments of levity. GotG 2 definitely went too overboard with that shit though.
>>
>>92188434
GotG can probably get away with it more though. And I expect Spider-Man to be borderline annoying.
>>
>>92188284
Yeah, but it doesn't have the mask, which was the best part of it.
>>
>>92171436
>yfw there's a part in infinity wars where thanos uses the gauntlet to revive all the villains and throw them into combat against the heroes
pair it with some cheesy villainous lines and we're golden
>>
File: 1430965496033.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1430965496033.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>92171366
Even the "scandal" it did have gave us laughing Chris...so, I'm going to put than in the win column.
>>
File: Superman is super upset.jpg (50KB, 784x350px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is super upset.jpg
50KB, 784x350px
>>92188434
>>92188506
GotG2 is an action-comedy.
It up-front advertises itself as an action-comedy.
So no one in the audience is distraught or confused when it plays as an action-comedy.

People get bothered when you promise them comfy nostalgia and Hope in the trailers and deliver this gem.
>>
>>92188915
Superman wailing like a damned Soul over the corpse of a man he's just throttled is entirely within the mythos and themes of Superman.
>>
>>92188915
kek
>>
For me, quip is just another word like cuck that has lost all meaning on 4chan. It's such a stupid complaint that I just assume anyone who says "quipfest" is retarded or a shitposter.

For example:
"I know him from work" - that's a quip
"Under a blacklight, it looks like a Jackson Pollock painting." - that's not a quip

The word isn't interchangeable with joke. Some characters are quippy by design -- Stark, Starlord, Ant-Man (mostly just because Paul Rudd thrives on that shit). And, of course, Spider-man has been the king of quips since the beginning. But not all characters do it, and not all jokes are quippy.

It's like the "marvel formula" complaint. 17 films later, people still act like they all have the same formula.
>>
File: Bruce.jpg (62KB, 510x416px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce.jpg
62KB, 510x416px
>>92188915
What's amazing is that Lex wanted to fuck with this guy.
No, what's really amazing is that he found some mooks willing to point a flamethrower at this psychopath's mother.
>>
>>92172687
Zola is backed up somewhere
>>
>quip
>meme
>reddit

If a post uses any of these words you can pretty safely ignore it as shitposting. There are legitimate uses, sure, but 99.9999999999% of the time they're just being tossed out as mindless insults that don't have any actual meaning.
>>
File: Laughing Worf.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Worf.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>92189104
Maybe its the caffeine induced panic of not having finished an essay that's due in a few hours, but this post really tickled me for some reason anon. Just thought you should know.
>>
>>92189230
Does reddit really have a meaning though?

They have a sub page for everything including the DCEU.
>>
>>92180214
>All of those are just the creators/actors leaving due to creative differences. Not particularly scandalous.

the guy that created the tone that marvel is using in all their movies and the guy that directed the first 2 Avengers film left Marvel Studios for good, how is that not bad?

Whedon opted for working for DC instead of making a solo film for Marvel
>>
>>92189967
I thought /co/ was supposed to hate Whedon.
And I don't really think that's a scandal.
>>
>>92189967
Whedon felt the burden was too much. He even stated in some magazine that he was afraid he fucked up with AoU and he just didn't want the fate of a cinematic universe on his shoulders anymore.

But yeah, he had the Banner and Rhodes recast stuff including Norton being a shit heel on set and Howard complaining about not being paid more than RDJ, Edgar Write quitting Ant-Man after working on it for a decade, Favreau leaving because the studio fucked with Iron Man 2 too much...
>>
>>92189967
>the guy that created the tone that marvel is using in all their movies
Favreau?

>the guy that directed the first 2 Avengers film
Whedon's a cuck who royally fucked up Age of Ultron with crappy, pandering writing. He absolutely will not be missed
>>
>>92188344
Is that Luffy? What the fuck happened?
>>
>>92171935
Can /tv/ be banned until they think of insults other than 'reddit'?
>>
>>92171366
Am I the only one who thinks these movies ( espically the avenger ones) have weird endings? I remember watching civil war and the ending and I was like what?
>>
>>92178345
But no matter how many Marvel movies I see I can never remember who any of the characters are. I can always remember who Batman, Superman, and a sizeable chunk of their villain roster are.

The current set of Marvel movies is doing really good, but eventually they will have to be set aside and replaced with a new generation. Will that one do as well? Will DC's current string of mediocrities and failures do enough damage to sink it in the long run? It's hard to say
>>
>>92190410

Because they don't have ending. Every one of those movies must end on a "look forward to the next episode of the Marvel universe"
>>
>>92190437
Are you really implying that you can't remember any of the Avengers?
>>
>>92190410
How? Avengers had the perfect ending. The entire franchise could've ended on that note, even including the Thanos cutscene
>>
>>92190465
That's only true for MAYBE Civil War, though. You can have "to be continued" and still have an ending.
>>
File: guy 1.png (183KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
guy 1.png
183KB, 500x362px
>>92182442
>18 and have a 10+ year age gap with my sisters
>they grew up thinking all comic book related stuff was for nerds and used to make fun of me for liking comics as a kid because of their retarded 90s kid mentality
>MCU happens, X Men gets more and more popular over time, comic shit because normie-ish as fuck and I genuinely love nearly all of the movies
>sisters think all comic book shit is lame as fuck but are forced to pretend to like it to fit in now in amongst other Stacies/normies
>appreciate the shit out of the X Men/MCU movies because of all this
>know that in the future nearly all of the characters I like will get movies because people just keep fucking paying to see them

Greatest timeline.
>>
Question: Is Singer doing that next "Dark Phoenix" X-Men movie????

If so, /co/ is going to have a real problem with it...
>>
>>92190580
>implying that your 30+ year old sisters pretend to like cape flicks to fit in
I don't believe you, anon.
>>
>>92188915
It's like if you get a serious trailer for a serious property that's primarily focused on social commentary and characters, and then you go see the movie and it opens up with "YOU DON'T OWN ME"
>>
>>92171676

I like to think that Zola and Ultron both uploaded themselves to the internet and are engaged in an unending virtual slapfight over who's superior.
>>
File: trev handled it.gif (996KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
trev handled it.gif
996KB, 160x160px
>>92172687
>>Trevor Slattery is still alive
>I don't think he really counts as a villain. Just and ignorant pawn.

Time for you all to accept that little Trevy Slats really was the Mandarin, anons. He pretended to be an old washed-up actor who played the part of 'The Mandarin', for a guy claiming to be the Mandarin, all in order to get near Stark and observe him up close - to see what makes 'Iron Man' tick. Later on he has one of his mooks break him out of prison and even that gimp didn't know who he was.
>>
>>92190360
It's Brook in disguise.
>>
>>92171366
All superhero movies/live-action shows are shit, and that goes double for the ones based on comics.
>>
>>92193091
What a tweest!
>>
>>92190180
On the up side Whedon gave us Wanda and Vision, and solidly established the Avengers franchise within the MCU.
>>
>>92191578
I actually hope they merge and are brought back in a future villain-team up movie.

ZOLATRON!
>>
>>92182442
This is so true
>>
>>92171366
Yeah, the MCU isn't perfect by any means, but literally anyone hating on the movies, acting like they're terrible, and even worse, acting like people won't even remember it 20 years from now, is a fucking moron.

I think people genuinely forgot how things were over 5 years ago, when comic book superhero movies weren't quite everywhere yet, there hadn't been a cinematic universe quite like the MCU in quite some time, much less one based off of a comic book superhero universe that were more or less faithful to the source material. It was pretty mindblowing and even surreal seeing Marvel slowly build up to The Avengers and then actually seeing the build up pay off in such a big way. People on here like to meme about how "bad" that movie is, but it's definitely going to make cinematic history.

Like, the entire reason why we're getting cinematic universes left and right is because of the MCU in the first place.
>>
>>92175686
Cyborg looks like a balled up scrap of aluminum foil
>>
>>92196040
This

These movies ACTUALLY changed cinema forever. They'll never be forgotten
>>
>>92175686
Jesus Christ, Cyborg looks like garbage and Gadot can't even pull off a convincing sense that she's just hit the ground and is looking up, let alone convey any actual emotion.

How did WB allow it to get this bad?
>>
>>92196040
>but it's definitely going to make cinematic history.
Nobody gives much of a shit about the first Avengers already, and it's only a few years old. It won't be remembered as a game changer like Matrix was, that's for sure. It was just a novelty hit.
>>
>>92179510
>It's going to be explosions and cool action sequences non-stop with some hit-and-miss quips.
I really hope at least the action sequences end up being good. I like what I've seen so far.

>>92197025
>Nobody gives much of a shit about the first Avengers already
[citation needed]
>>
>>92189146
>Zola is backed up somewhere

Doubt that. If he was, I don't think Pierce would've bothered saying that they didn't have Zola anymore. It was clearly apparent from the way Zola was talking that he knew he was going to die.
>>
>>92197092
Nobody really talks about it anymore, it didn't really bring anything new to the table that you can see other movies copying/ripping off.
I honestly think nobody but the character's fans are gonna give two shits about the movie in 5 years or so. It just doesn't have anything of value other than having a bunch of superheroes together for the first time, and that does not a classic make. Once the novelty wears off (which already started to, since we've gotten a bunch of other movies with superhero team ups) nobody is gonna care anymore.
>>
>>92197173
>Nobody really talks about it anymore
[citation needed]
>it didn't really bring anything new to the table that you can see other movies copying/ripping off.
Justice League, according to the leaks, is basically just the first Avengers movie. There's also Suicide Squad, kinda. Not to mention every movie studio is trying to make their own Avengers movie right now. Universal is building up their cinematic universe and we're getting the Godzilla-Kong crossover movie soon.
>I honestly think nobody but the character's fans are gonna give two shits about the movie in 5 years or so
You would be wrong.
>It just doesn't have anything of value other than having a bunch of superheroes together for the first time, and that does not a classic make
It was the culmination of years of planning and universe-building on Marvel's part. The movie itself is a fun action romp that also happens to be a successful superhero team up movie.
>Once the novelty wears off (which already started to, since we've gotten a bunch of other movies with superhero team ups)
I only agree that the novelty has worn off but that doesn't make The Avengers a bad movie in the least.
>nobody is gonna care anymore.
Which is why people are so hyped for Infinity War. Okay.
>>
>>92197260
>according to the leaks
Well, we'll have to see about that. But it's not like Avengers was extremely original. The whole script was a run of the mill "different people get together for a cause" script, only that this time they were wearing silly costumes. There wasn't anything original about the writing, nor the visuals to make it a classic once the novelty effect passes.
People just care about what the next movie's gonna be like, they don't really care about the movies that already are behind. That's the problem with these so-called "shared universe" that brought the problems of comic continuity to the film industry. Nobody gives a shit if the movie itself is good or not, they only care about what it sets up for the sequel.
And no, the novelty wearing off doesn't make Avengers a bad movie. The shit writing and directing by Whedon does.
>>
>>92197363
>Well, we'll have to see about that. But it's not like Avengers was extremely original. The whole script was a run of the mill "different people get together for a cause" script, only that this time they were wearing silly costumes. There wasn't anything original about the writing, nor the visuals to make it a classic once the novelty effect passes.
The Avengers' plot didn't need to be "extremely original". The plot, while there, is largely an excuse to bring all the superheroes together and watch them interact with one another, which the movie does quite well.
>People just care about what the next movie's gonna be like, they don't really care about the movies that already are behind.
People have rewatched the shit out of all of the actually good MCU movies. Who have you spoken to who hasn't rewatched The Avengers at least twice?
>That's the problem with these so-called "shared universe" that brought the problems of comic continuity to the film industry. Nobody gives a shit if the movie itself is good or not, they only care about what it sets up for the sequel.
People complained about IM2, IM3, the Thor movies, and AoU not being very good, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
>The shit writing and directing by Whedon does.
Both were fine.

I feel like you and people like you are mostly just being contrarian. I fucking bet once Universal and Legendary get their cinematic universes rolling, you'll be talking about how great they are and how much they contribute to cinematic history or something even though they're really just following on the coattails of the MCU.
>>
>>92171436
> needing to re-use villains because you're a 1 trick pony
>>
>>92175686
are those high heels combat approved?
>>
>>92197465
>People complained about IM2, IM3, the Thor movies, and AoU not being very good, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Only in /co/ and /tv/. Normal people didn't

>Both were fine.
It's not cool to have such low standards. Luckily, these kinda shit movies tend to get weeded out by time and it'll be nothing but a footnote like those Airport movies of the 70s are now for film history.
>>
>>92171935
tailor*
>>
>>92197536
>Only in /co/ and /tv/. Normal people didn't
You'd be surprised.
>It's not cool to have such low standards.
Good thing I don't, then.
>Luckily, these kinda shit movies tend to get weeded out by time and it'll be nothing but a footnote like those Airport movies of the 70s are now for film history.
The MCU isn't going to be forgotten. Leave your echo chamber and see.
>>
I don't really have an echo chamber. Most of my acquittances are what you would call "normies", at least when it comes to movies. This is just a fad, you're mistaking box office success with actual merit.
>>
>>92197536
>and it'll be nothing but a footnote like those Airport movies of the 70s are now for film history
If the studios keep trying to make cinematic universes, then no, I don't think that's the case. I mean, people still talk about how Lord of the Rings essentially changed the very idea of a summer blockbuster and that was only a trilogy
>>
>>92198337
>This is just a fad
In the future, any time a studio makes a shared universe, people will talk about the MCU. Its legacy is not going away.
>>
>>92198337
>This is just a fad
Well at least you're not saying "[insert new MCU movie here] is going to flop for sure". Now we've moved on to "it's just a fad dude"
>>
>>92198337
Successful superhero movies have been a thing since before most of /co/ was born. It's not gonna die out no matter how much you hate the MCU. And even if it does, you know in 10 years, they'll start an Ultimate MCU, and the kids in that time will treat the old MCU like this golden pillar of quality ruined by the new movies.
>>
>>92198446
>Successful superhero movies have been a thing since before most of /co/ was born
Not in the way that they are now, though.

Until X-Men and Spider-man came out, capeshit wasn't at the mega-blockbuster level. Batman and Superman were pretty much the only ones to do super well, and they were mediocre properties by the late 90s. Superhero movies were not a near-guaranteed hit like they are today.

I think it pretty much came down to 3 things to start the current trend:

>Spider-man
I'm not sure what it was about SM other than that it was a solid movie, but it was HUGE, and one of the first times a cape movie really had solid crossover appeal.
>Heath Ledger died
TDK was a great movie and all, but let's not pretend like the press of him dying isn't why the movie did over a billion dollars. That was the first time a cape film did that, and it started a chain of it happening pretty regularly.
>The Avengers
People went crazy for the crossover. They already loved RDJ's Stark, but the Avengers crossover turned Iron Man into a billion-dollar property, and it guaranteed interest in anything to bear the Marvel Studios logo. And now, everyone else is cashing in (to varying degrees of success).
>>
>>92198558
>I'm not sure what it was about SM other than that it was a solid movie, but it was HUGE
Besides Superman and Batman, think about what was before Spider-Man in terms of comicbook fare and then look at how different it was in comparison. Yes, I know Blade and X-Men but those were still guys wearing, essentially, black outfits. Blade especially was just "Wesley Snipes kicks a lot of ass"
>>
>>92198446
Yes, and how many of those are part of film history and really remembered by non comic book fans? Probably 2 or 3 of them.
Lord Of The Rings is remembered and will be, because it's a well made movie (and I'm not even into fantasy and only watched the first one). These aren't, and are gonna age like milk.
You guys seriously think that Avengers changed how movies are made?
And I don't think any Marvel movies are gonna flop hard. If they know how to do something, is selling shit to the people. As soon as Disney notices the fad dying out, they'll jump ship.
Just look at Universal and their monster shared universe of the 30s
>>
>>92198677
>You guys seriously think that Avengers changed how movies are made?
Yeah? Other studios are rushing hard to make their own cinematic universes. The Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe. The Godzilla Cinematic Universe. Ridley Scott's plan to make six straight Alien movies.
>>
That's just fucking marketing bullshit, not the way movies themselves are made, for fuck's sake. In a few years, nobody's gonna give a flying fuck about any of those shared universes and only the good movies are gonna be left. And there aren't too many of them.
>>
>>92198779
>for fuck's sake. In a few years
So how much is a few years?
>>
>>92198677
I went to an arthouse theater in Harvard a year ago, and they played Iron Man 3. I know a lot of the bad MCU movies will be forgotten in time, but to say only 2 or 3 or them will make the cut is ridiculous. It underestimates just how much the general public will sperg over superheroes.
>>
>>92198792
I'd say about 10 or 15 years. When the people watching them right now are too old to give a shit, and the younger people will only care about the ones that aged well.
It's not gonna be like Star Wars.
>>
>>92171366
Guardians of the galaxy was entertaining.
Evangers as boring with inconsequencial end fights
Captain Burgertown is a douche and boring yeah i will give marvel a 3/10
>>
>>92198677
>Just look at Universal and their monster shared universe of the 30s
What about it? It was totally different than the way the MCU is structured. It had actors playing completely different roles across different movies and only the occasional direct crossover. It was a big thing at the time, but it's not at all the same.
>>
>>92198872
>it's not gonna be like Star Wars
Only Star Wars is like Star Wars. Just because the MCU won't be the most influential franchise of all time doesn't mean it's not huge.

You basically just said that you think the franchise will last for a total of 20-25 years. In that time, it'll be about 40-50 movies. You're fucking delusional if you don't think that's a massive achievement in every sense of the word.
>>
>>92186124
>writer makes a bad decision to pander to idiots
>not her fault
wow this is some 5th degree white knighting
>>
>>92199044
I never said it's not huge, I never said they don't make a shitload of money, I never said they're not successful.
All I've said is that they won't enter the history of filmmaking, and will be forgotten once the fad is over. They're huge commercial successes but they're not important movies.

>>92199044
I didn't say there was gonna be new movies for 20 or 25 years, I said that's how long there's gonna be people that give a shit about them.
>>
>>92199255
It's already been about 10 years and they're still going strong, anon. Their reach has only grown since 2012
>>
>>92199255
>will be forgotten
Jesus christ, you're delusional aren't you?

At the VERY least, the MCU will define this decade when you look at the history of popular filmmaking.
>>
File: Bloody hell.gif (995KB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody hell.gif
995KB, 245x140px
>>92193091
I unironically love Trevor. I loved how I as an audience member was feeling exactly what Tony was.
>Is he for real?
>Is this a trick? A ploy? A body double?
>What the fuck is this?

It helps that Sir Ben Kingsley is clearly having a fucking blast playing him.

Trevor is fucking great. Not getting a proper Mandarin or even a decent real villain in Killian fucking sucks, but Trev is gold.
>>
>>92197025
I agree its not quite as game changing as the Matrix is, but it's probably the film to make the biggest mark on not just cinema, but TV since then.

Look at how studios are trying to create shared universes on TV and film now. Look at how many comic books, not just capeshit, get greenlit as films and shows now.

People say comic book movies are the new Westerns, and it's true. One day, just like with Westerns the bubble will burst, but to pretend that Marvel films will be forgotten is just utter bullshit.

They're this generations Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters etc, only they come under one umbrella.
>>
>>92199097
>Publisher make the decision, not the writer, because they think American kids are too fucking stupid
>This is the English writers fault that American kids were seen as too thick to know what a philosopher is
>Presumptions are not the fault of those being judged
>>
>>92193230
>All superhero movies/live-action shows are shit, and that goes double for the ones based on comics.
First off, go fuck yourself.

Second off, Dark Knight and Spider-man 2 are objectively great and aren't just great comic book movies, but genuinely great entries in the action genre.
>>
>>92199561
*Apart from Lord of the Rings
>>
File: uh i guess.gif (2MB, 346x260px) Image search: [Google]
uh i guess.gif
2MB, 346x260px
>>92197363
I'm not the biggest fan of the Avengers movie, I think its just okay and I definitely agree its success was due to the novelty of it all, but I personally give it a lot of credit for not being a complete mess.

Whedon may go overboard with quips and cutesy dialogue, but he did manage to organically bring all these characters together when their worlds are so different.
>>
>>92175983
Starhawk is half human half golden woman
>>
>>92200297
I can't wait to see how much of a shitstorm Starhawk causes. It seems like a lose-lose scenario no matter what they do when them.
>>
>>92200147
The Avengers is my favorite Power Rangers movie.
>>
I want /tv/ to fucking die.
>>
>>92171436

This
>>92171512
and this
>>
>>92200147
>but he did manage to organically bring all these characters together when their worlds are so different.
I think this right here is a good way to sum up the difference between The Avengers and other similar sorts of action blockbuster movies like Star Wars. People on here meme all the time about how it's totally okay that Snyder doesn't take the time to establish the rest of the DCEU because "Star Wars didn't need solo Luke Skywalker, Leia, Han Solo, etc. movies," but the difference between comic book superhero teams like the Avengers or Justice League and fucking Star Wars is that the heroes all come from completely different backgrounds; there's a great diversity there, where you have enhanced super soldiers who fought in WW2, a Norse god, a secret agent, a guy who's really good with a bow, a dude who transforms into an angry monstrosity thanks to wonky comic book science, and a super scientist who designed his own power armor, all come together in one movie to fight evil. It just doesn't work when you don't bother to establish these wildly different characters first. It just comes off as jarring and like, "But the previous movies didn't mention this super fast lightning dude."
>>
>>92197126

At this point we could consider Zola dead, but they can also do some bullshit to bring him back if they want. Say something about how he was backed up in a secret location that no one had knowledge of except like Red Skull or some shit, boom he's back.
>>
>>92197363

I dislike Avengers, but by your standards Harry Potter and Star Wars both serve as easy examples of non-original stuff that became classics.
>>
>>92171935
Who is tayor, and why does he or she love pandering to reddit so much?

Taylor is a unisex name right?
>>
>>92172056
And they are terrible characters. So what?
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.