[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you afford comic books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1433455598903.jpg (76KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1433455598903.jpg
76KB, 600x333px
>inb4 POORFAG

I have a minimum wage job (in uni), and I don't really have too many expenses, but comics are an expensive hobby. How do you guys pay for it? Also, how do you justify the large price to entertainment-time difference to your friends and family?
>>
POORFAG
>>
>>92171197
I only buy the books I really enjoy and want to support. Indies, smaller books that don’t sell that well, etc. The rest I pirate.
>>
I have a job that is above minimum wage.
Plus no romantic life or even a pet.

Really that's it. If I had so much as a dog or enough sense to say went out to eat more I probably would have half the comics I do now.
>>
>>92171197
>how do you justify the large price to entertainment-time difference to your friends and family?

I don't. Why should I? I love comics enough that I'm happy to buy them and I never really consider entertainment time when I make a purchase.
>>
You're probably buying too much. Do you really need to be getting more than like ten to fifteen books a month?

Only get the books you really love. The rest just read on /co/ or buy the trades.

Then trades are like $10-15 as long as you get them through Amazon or IST. $20 for a big one. And an omni is $60-70 which is the price of a new video game.

It's not that bad if you don't blow all your money on monthlies. That's the mistake most people make, just buying every title they're interested in instead of just getting what they really want to read each month.
>>
>>92171463
>instead of just getting what they really want to support each month
ftfy
>>
Trade wait and watch for deals (set up alerts). Get older stuff from the library or pirate.
>>
I make sure that my pull list is manageable, like no more than six books and if there's a series that I really want to check out but I can wait a few months for it, then I'll get the trade.

There's also Comixology too. They have fantastic sales.
>>
>>92171197

My budget is about $40 a month for floppies, so like about 10 titles (I also get 20% off as a subscriber)

And then another $30-40 on trades. Pretty reasonable for someone who works full time. I pirate anything I think is non-rereadable capeshit.
>>
>>92171197
i make a good living, and i dont have to justify shit to anyone. my wife collects barbies, and you should see the prices those go for
>>
You are a poorfag
>>
>>92171197
>how do you justify the large price to entertainment-time difference
I like the collecting aspect of it. So I get a larger enjoyment out of them past just reading them. And I just pirate all the shit I wanna read but don't care about collecting.
>>
I don't have a wife or kids. All money I earn is either in savings or spent on me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.