[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so the portal's vision got retconed right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: b65.jpg (94KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
b65.jpg
94KB, 1189x890px
so the portal's vision got retconed right?
>>
>>92168093
I think when Jack's finally able to go back, he will choose to stay and fight in the future. Pehaps Ashi will have a role in that. We'll see.
>>
>>92168093
> season 6
>>
>>92168180
Ashi will go back with him
She doesnt really have a life in the future. It would be better to go with jack
>>
Maybe not.
Jashi's real. Next ep Aku's probably gonna take Ashi. Jack wanders aimlessly until he finds the portal.
So, decision. Ashi x Past. Probably Ashi, because this pic.
Also, the way to defeat evil is not a straight one.
>>
>>92168093
Maybe he's actually Jack's son
>>
>>92168220
jack has to stay if the samurai jack timeline is linear everyone of his friends in the future will cease to exist.
>>
>>92168352
Only if he beats Aku in the past, which he can do in the future
>>
Jack kills Aku in the future, then goes back to the past. Only after getting back to the past does he realize that killing Aku then would create a time paradox. Still being immortal, he opts to live out the next 1000 years in hiding. At some point he meets the guardian and assigns him to guard the time portal that he'll eventually take, to make sure that the time loop remains stable.
>>
>>92168093
He's gonna use it to save Ashi if something happens to her most likely.
>>
>>92168379
but the point of the whole show was him to go back and kill aku there to avoid the events in the future and save his family. thats aishi got introduced in the first place to disturbe jacks decision.
>>
>>92168475
Well yes, of course, but the show is too far gone for that to be the case anymore. A new resolution must be formed.
>>
>>92168093
Guess we'll find out.
>>
>>92168318
I was wondering this last night, but I just don't see Jack passing his quest down to his son, unless he literally CANNOT beat the Guardian.
>>
>>92168549
well the guardian's quote would make sense : "you my man are not that man". also since king jack seems to be old and actual jack is immortal could be another argument for it
>>
>>92168188

Genndy said that if someone wants to do stories about the time between Seasons 4 and 5, they can, but Season 5 will close the story. And since Genndy is the person who created the story, I tend to take that as a word-of-God statement.
>>
>>92168615
It's also possible Jack DIES killing future Aku, and Ashi raises his son in the future.
>>
>>92168653
Genndy is a fucking hack.
>>
>>92168705
> t.butthurttumblrina
kek
>>
>>92168730
What exactly did tumblr want?
>>
File: 1494120410933.jpg (67KB, 1200x675px)
1494120410933.jpg
67KB, 1200x675px
>tfw he's gonna pull a kenshiro; stay with his waifu and fight the baddies forever
>>
>>92168093
I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that whatever the Guardian plot is next episode, it won't be rushed and only last 5 minutes.

I noticed Ashi wasn't anywhere to be seen there either. And that Jack seemed to have just wandered into the area when he said "this place seems familiar." That all worries me.
>>
How will Jack return to the past if there aren't any portals anymore?
>>
>>92168093
The biggest problem with new SJ is the difference between what we expected (the Great Big Showdown between Jack and Aku) and what we got (some sort of samurai movie that becomes some sort of romance movie).
>>
>>92168093

Screencap this; King Jack is actually Jack's son that he had with Ashi. Jack will die in the final battle, he will defeat Aku, but his son will be tasked with going back in time to kill Aku before he can gain control.
>>
>>92171992
how will they wrap so much shit up in only 40min?
>>
>>92168615
I'd be happy with that. Creative, consistent and making Ashi's existence actually relevant. The only issue would be that there's not much time for pregnancy reveal into Jack being killed by Aku into final resolution without it feeling rushed.
>>
>>92168093
>european style king

REEEEEE

WHITEWASHHIIIINNGGGG
>>
>>92172070
>European Fantasy setting with Sci-Fi elements formaximum "fish-out-of-water" vibes
>meets Highland Warrior, Nordic chieftain lava monster, actual Spartans and Buddhist Monks, among others
>confused that his style is influenced by the world he lives in
I wonder if people that think like that actually exist
>>
>>92172070
two nukes werent enough
>>
>>92168093
>Jack stays in the future to have a family with Ashi, becomes king and shit
>Goes to the portal after Ashi dies, leaves future to son, goes to the past, splits the timeline.
>>
>>92168093
He's going to visit the Guardian's place in the next episode, so I think it's still canon.
>>
>>92172070
I'm pretty sure it's the Spartan king's crown.
>>
>>92168352
>>92168502
Or both timelines will run parallel, so Jack will have to fight Aku twice. Once in the future, to liberate everyone in the future instead of leraving them to tyranny, and again when he returns to the past
>>
>>92168093
Ashi is the last portal. She's Aku-spawn and has magic in her. Screencap this
>>
Maybe time will start catching up with him once he kills Aku and completes his purpose.
>>
>>92168615

The Guardian said that before he realized that Jack is actually the one who's supposed to go through the portal when the time is right. That's why he didn't kill Jack at the end of their fight when he easily could have.

>>92171487

The big showdown between Jack and Aku is going to happen in the last two episodes. It wasn't going to last the entire season.
>>
>>92173848
This would make a lot of sense. I could picture an ending where Jack defeats future Aku, ages up, then goes in to the Guardian's portal.

Though given the next episode promo, I'm sure it'll go some other way.
>>
I don't know but I don't think you can blame him for retconning it or even just using a shitty explanation for it

Maybe he didn't want to be forced to use the shit he set up years ago without too much though. And if last episode is any indication if he did it'd be really contrived lel
>>
>>92173857
well the guardian didnt kill jack because his seed will be the true chosen one. I mean if jack was the one to begin with why let him wait ? makes no sense since jack is clearly strong enough to beat aku on his own and not to mention time has no effect on him.
>>
>>92172033
3 months could have passed between Episode 8 and 9.
>>
The guardian and the portal will be there. Jack will return to the past. Yes. But how long it would take him to overcome Aku? And what can assure Jack that he will return to the very same spot that he was when he left
? To my understanding it would take him several years. And now that he can age -in the last episode you can see his wrinkles a lot- that vision might be spot on.
Now, Ashi's role on this would be either minor or dismissed during this path, unless they pull a bootstrap.
>>
WE
>>
NEXT WEEK WE DISCOVER THAT THE PORTAL IS LONG GONE AND THAT BLUE MORPHEUS IS DEAD.
jack beats aku and the aging effect comes back to bite him and becomes old but since there is no ruler in this future everything becomes chaotic and since jack is now stuck here forever he takes up the role of king.
>>
>>92174523
>there is no ruler in this future everything becomes chaotic

I'm pretty sure it's already established that Jack's world is fine as it is without Aku's influence. In fact, there's already enough chaod under Aku's rule as it is. Remove Aku and peace is restored. It's that simple.
>>
>>92168093

No? You have no idea what the portal vision was. You don't know if that is King Jack in the past or the future. You have no idea if Ashi is dead or making tea at the bottom of the hill. All this shows is that Jack will win which we all knew
>>
>>92171992
I actually want this really bad now.
>>
>>92168180
>>92168093
Idk if anyone read comic that was said to be "original" ending after they ended airing Samurai Jack and before Adult Swim got intrested in this. There was exactly what you said Jack stayed leading some kind of rebellion against Aku. But there he got his sword destroyed or something if I remember correctly.
>>
>>92173615
That's clearly a flashback episode. Ashi isn't with him at all.
Its before the the thing with the goats though.
>>
>>92168180
how would they handle their relationship with an ending like that? they kinda wrote themselves into a corner with the "i do not age" angle

and if he magically gets old after killing aku or something hw and ashi WILL look weird
>>
>>92168093
What if that already happened in the time skip?
"Jack has a crown and beard" is pretty vague and could have happened at any time
>>
>>92175101
Also Jack's aging process will be started up again.
>>
>>92171992
That's a MONUMENTAL time paradox
>>
>>92168730
you might as well shove a mattress in that hole since you like falling in it so much.
>>
>>92172033
>Ashi's existence actually relevant

Ashi's existence already IS relevant. She's the product and indictment of Aku's evil, and the fact that she's going to play a role in killing her metaphorical, if not literal sire is a big deal. Evil hastens its own defeat.

That's not even getting into the fact that she's genuinely helped Jack in a way he hasn't been before.
>>
File: 1494126806967.gif (2MB, 494x331px) Image search: [Google]
1494126806967.gif
2MB, 494x331px
>>92168093
Oh, I get it now! That's actually Jack's future son.
>>
Ashi goes back, Jack stays :^)
>>
The only thing that jack NEEDS to do to ensure a functional closed time loop is to save himself from getting killed by the guardian.
Everything else is fair game. I can totally see old jack using the portal for this act alone then destroying it, because of muh erased waifu.
>>
>>92172070
>muh japs
Samurai Jack is voiced by a black guy you know.
>>
>>92168093
Maybe not. The preview for next week shows us basically nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a timeskip of some sort by the end.
>>
>>92173782
>her pussy is the final portal
>>
>>92176236
>Somewhere in the past, aku is looking a the tip of a dick popping in and out of existance.
>>
Calling it now, screencap this:
>Jack successfully kills Aku in the future and learns not only is time not a closed loop, but killing Aku doesn't entirely purge his evil
>Jack stays in the future to deal with the lingering problems Aku's presence creates
>During this time he becomes king of what remains of Earth, marries or continues to pursue his relationship with Ashi, bears children
>Realizes he still doesn't age, Ashi grows old and dies, son grows into a wise leader
>Jack passes his mantles onto his son, returns to the Guardian
>Goes to the past to undo Aku's evil once and for all
>Aku's complete destruction undoes Jack's immortality and he ages and dies instantly
>Pottery
>>
Clearly going to be Jack and Ashi's child after Jack gets fuuuuucked up in the final battle with Aku. Takes his fathers name.
>>
File: 1493828446260.jpg (6KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493828446260.jpg
6KB, 216x200px
>>92168180
>Ashi & Jack fight Aku
>Aku kills Ashi
>in a fit of rage, Jack brutally kills Aku
>instead of going back to the past to kill the younger Aku, he instead travels back a few minutes before Aku kills Ashi
>saves her
>they both kill Aku
>instead of taking Ashi home with him, he decides to stay in the future
>EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY.mp3
>show ends

How mad would /co/ be?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.