[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Slowest Burn in comic history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: united_we_stand.jpg (381KB, 670x586px) Image search: [Google]
united_we_stand.jpg
381KB, 670x586px
Is this the culmination of the Slowest Burn that is happening within marvel, if not the comic industry in general?
>>
>>92161584
It's all the raw sewage of bad decscions, poor writers, bad hire-ees, outrag, and shock value marketing, finally congealing into one unadulterated mess.

Expect the rebot we get to be nothing more than a shallow ploy and adouble down before the backlash takes marvel's books out of the few places it still has a home in.
>>
You must be rather young, because you think what is happening in your life and your meaningless and incredibly culturally niche hobby of superhero comics actually somehow actually matters in the long run.
>>
>>92161584
pretty sure the Bendis or Hickman Avengers runs still take the cake on slow burns
>>
It's funny how that they have managed to piss EVERYONE off.

Old comic book fans, SJWs, normies etc. Every decision they have made lead to this.
>>
File: 1493432670080h.jpg (147KB, 520x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493432670080h.jpg
147KB, 520x450px
>>92161584
>>
>>92161701
>a major comic company possibly making a huge fuck-up doesn't matter in the world of comics
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: yyyyyyyyyy.png (168KB, 274x265px) Image search: [Google]
yyyyyyyyyy.png
168KB, 274x265px
>>92161880
I know it's all fake, it's just when you're life is crumbling down, have a college degree in bologna, and have very little money in your pocket by working a job that barely pays for a pack of bread and bologna, and comics are you're only form of escape, people are going to take it personally when you shit on their only source of hope.
>>
>>92161584
Not only is it not the slowest burn in history, it's not even the current slowest burn.

DC Universe Rebirth #1 and Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 were both released on May 25 2016.

So Secret Empire has had less than a year of build up to reach it's height wheres Rebirth is only (at most) half way into it's.
>>
>>92161710
Definitely Hickman especially when you consider that Secret Wars was the culmination of his Avengers run which was a stealth extension of his Fantastic Four run
>>
>>92162097
The difference though, in my own opinion, one of them had a teasing they were going to do change up and allow readers to adjust, while on the other they pretty much went a 360 on Cap and said "Now I'm a Hydra,lol"
>>
>>92161584
Not slower than all BMB runs, that most still don't have a resolution. Like Time being fractured. Who's Miles Morales 616. Too many.
>>
>>92161701
Where did he say it mattered anywhere else but the comic book world?
>>
>>92161584
Judging by twitter, it seems to burn just as fast as any other comic book
>>
>>92161584
>>92161748
>>92161636
>>92161932
>>92161982

I jumped out of the comic loop a while ago, what on earth happened?
>>
>>92162101
Outside of a few stories, everything Hickman wrote for Marvel was just one big Dr. Doom story.
>>
What's frustrating is that this is the first Marvel event I've enjoyed in 9 years.
>>
>>92165580
Dc is fixing it's self and adding in the Watchmen which might fuck it up.

Marvel basically said fuck it to it's comics cause of the movies, so They had Cap be brainwashed by Red Skull to be the perfect Hydra soldier but he was so loyal to it that he killed the Red Skull to be the leader, made Hydra big again, and now can lift Thor's Hammer to unify the world...yet if anyone ever does these big things there are considered evil by "Marvel Heroes" so they will try to take him down like they did Doctor Doom.
>>
Does Marvel really expect me to pay $6 Canadian for their mediocre shock value series that won't matter a week after it's done? This is why I read DC now
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.